My journey of self improvement.

Comments

• Fat Loss = 12-13 calories per pound of body weight.
    Maintenance = 15-16 calories per #
    Weight Gain = 18-19 calories per #

This is the basic, like i told others before 15cal per pound seems to be the sweet spot, heres an example, if youre 200lbs x 15(3000) moderately active and works out 3-4x a week, just eat 2500, from there chk if you see any difference, if none, add a little bit of cardio...see what happens, myfitnesspal is not accurate when tracking activity, thats why i use a heart rate monitor 24/7...if you want to know where i got those figures, google it or read tom venuto's burn the fat, feed the muscle book..my advice is dont cut calories, add cardio, but not too much, only stick to a 500cal deficit, i used to do 1000-1500 deficit working out too much, counter productive, the body will fight back...lalo kang mapapasama

• pandoypandoy Posts: 596

nasa 180 pounds po ako sir. hehehe... dati kasi ginawa ko na yung caloric deficit, nag 1500 per day lang ako last year. pero ang concern ko po kasi yung sa app, sa app kasi kapag nag burn ako ng let say 500 calories, pwede ulit ako kumain ng 500 calories more as long as hindi ako tataas/lalagpas dun sa sinasabe na limit ko? hehehe

• Yes, lets say nag burn ka ng 2700(180x15)for the day, no problem kahit kumain ka ng 2200, as long as youre in a deficit, if you want to eat more, add ka ng cardio, let say nag burn ka uli ng additional 300 cal from treadmill, you can eat upto 2500 for that day,

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308
    edited August 2016

When you are cutting, do not cut the calories, you add output, cardio for example, if you cut the calories, there will come a time, when you plateaued, which will happen, you cannot cut anymore becoz your calories are too low already...example your calories are 1700, you plateaued, you cut again to 1400, so on and so forth, your body will fight back...counterproductive, at unsustainable, point of reference, contestants of the biggest loser, they just eat salads tapos yung excercise nila is hard for their untrained body, theyll lose weight fast...what happen? Too much of a deficit, Now they have metabolic damage, theyll body gained all the weight and then some.....go chk the contestants NOW..

http://www.today.com/health/biggest-loser-contestants-gain-again-why-weight-keeps-coming-back-t90261

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on

ok sir, thanks po.! naintindihan ko na... dati kasi kapag nag caloric deficit ako for example 1500 lang per day. kahit nag ggym ako or may na burn akong calorie hindi ko inaadd. hangang 1500 parin siya.hehehe. thank you very much sir. pag maganda result balitaan kita. hehehe.

sir, kapag naka keto diet, ok lang ba mag kamote? hehehe. salamat po.

• @pandoy said:
    sir, kapag naka keto diet, ok lang ba mag kamote? hehehe. salamat po.

Sorry, hindi pwede

ok sir thanks! nag laga pa naman ako. hahahaha

• Dont worry, after 7 days youll get use to it

• t4g4yt4g4y Posts: 1,944
    edited August 2016

lol somehow i doubt that :P, as long as the policemen keep their part of the agreement with the HOA of that village and it says accompanied by the baranggay officials naman, so there's nothing wrong with the tokhang operation.

Post edited by t4g4y on
  • TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308
    edited August 2016

@t4g4y said:
    lol somehow i doubt that :P, as long as the policemen keep their part of the agreement with the HOA of that village and it says accompanied by the baranggay officials naman, so there's nothing wrong with the tokhang operation.

Well, tell that to binay, btw im a martial law baby, i know what it was back then

http://www.philstar.com/metro/2016/07/20/1604829/mayor-binay-orders-police-conduct-oplan-tokhang-makatis-posh-villages

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on

hi sir. ito nanaman ako. tanong po ulit. ok lang ba peanut sa keto diet? hahaha, yan kasi pinaka murang nut.. tsaka peanut butter narin??. salamat idol

• Skippys crunchy, dont buy the low fat version, its full of sugar, your limit is just 4 tblspoons a day pala, take most of it sa night, doon kasi tayo nag crave ng most of the time bago matulog
    edited August 2016

yung peanut sir? as in yung mani na happy. hahaha. bumili pa naman ako isang kilo sa divisoria. hahaha 115 lang.nabasa ko kasi legumes daw ang peanut. tsk.. sayang

Post edited by pandoy on
  • @pandoy said:
    yung peanut sir? as in yung mani na happy. hahaha. bumili pa naman ako isang kilo sa divisoria. hahaha 115 lang.nabasa ko kasi legumes daw ang peanut. tsk.. sayang

Dont eat too many peanuts, half a cup a day is enough, if you do, you cant eat the peanut butter for desert....just limit your intake to less than 30g of carbs...

• After fasting for more than 24hrs, i feel clean from the inside and Holy, amen!!:)

last question sir, pasenxa kung madameng tanong, binabasa ko po kasi journal mo, maganda siya at detailed yung sa diet.hehehe. ang tnatry ko kasi gawin ay keto diet plus 500 caloric deficit..pinag sabay ko..
    ok lang po ba yun? or dapat isa lang, pipili lang ako dito- keto diet pero maintain lang yung caloric intake or 500 caloric deficit lang tapos wala ng keto diet? maraming salamat sir.!

• Well, mas ok ang I.F. Plus 500 deficit, ok ang keto for the first 2-3 months..youll lose 10lbs in 3 weeks, pero most of it will be water...tapos biglang babagal you loss, yung I.F. You dont lose that much weight pero youll lose inches in the mid section, plus you can still eat chocolates in moderation as long as youre still on a deficit.

ok sir. thanks po! sige try ko muna 2-3months yung keto plus 500 caloric deficit.hehe nasimulan na kasi.. pag wala ng nakikitang effect try ko na yung fasting.. hirap lang ako ngayon sa keto kasi laging lumalagpas yung carb ko sa 24grams. hahaha. pero hindi naman umaabot ng 100grams. hirap e, lahat ng kainin ko may konting carbs, tapos pag hinahabol ko yung sa fats na dagdagan din yung carbs. lol. salamat sir! ganda pala ng built niyo sir, more power and gains. hehehe

• Well, if you dont eat enough fats the protein you eat will be converted to glucose also, if i were you suppliment your diet with coconut oil and butter...to help your body adapt faster...

• BLUEBLUE Posts: 77
    Nabasa ko need 3% fat ba daily?
    Ok na yun fat from chicken skin at wheat bread?
  • @BLUE said:
    Nabasa ko need 3% fat ba daily?
    Ok na yun fat from chicken skin at wheat bread?

Fats is 40 or more percent if keto diet, why is wheat bread included and what are you asking?

hi sir, good morning. ok lang ba na coconut oil, yung minola coconut oil? hahaha. yung nabibili sa supermarket na minola. mura lang kasi. or kailangan yung supplement form like soft gel? thanks sir idol

• Coconut oil as in virgin coconut oil, it has mcts meaning the molecules are medium chained, once digested, used as energy Asap, unlike canola or other cooking oils, butter is also ok for cooking if on a keto diet.

• Lunch, 2 omelletes, 2 salads, side of toast, 3 stack pancakes...

• t4g4yt4g4y Posts: 1,944

thats one big meal!!

• Playing with peppy

• BLUEBLUE Posts: 77
    Sry, bout sa normal diet
  • @BLUE said:
    Sry, bout sa normal diet

Ok sya, no prob, if youre ok with gluten