what to improve

BLUEBLUE Posts: 77
edited July 2016 in Personal Journals
1. 5'8 146pounds

2. This is my usual program (image attach)
Visit school gym every 2months for prog.
Day1 chest bicep abs
Day2 back traps tricep abs
Day3 shoulder legs abs
Time around 2hrs
6-7x a week
Sets 4
Reps 12,12,10,8
2weeks ago= started to test one body part per day, is it ok?
db bench press. Start at 25lbs 25lbs 30lbs 35lbs
Incline, decline db press 20 20 25 30
incline db flys 15 15 20 25
db pullover flat 20 25 30 35
incline db curl, inc hammer curl, inc wide db curl, concentration curl 15 15 20 25
rev bb curl, bb wrist curl 10 12.5 15 17.5
bb row 50 60 70
lat pull down 60 60 70 80 (i think this are in kg, can do 120 140 160 on other gym)
behind lat pulldown 50 50 60 70
front grip pull down close 70 80 90
db row 1arm 25 30 35
bb shrugs 50 60 70 80
bb shrugs bend over 50 50 60 70
lat press down 30 30 40 40
bench press close grip 50 50 60
tricep push down 30 30 40 40
bench dips
military press 50 50 60
db press seated 20 25 25 30
front raise 10 10 15
side lateral 15 15 20 25
incline rev flys 15 15 20 25
squat 40 50 60
seated leg press 50 60 70 80
leg extension 30 30 40
db calf raise 20 20 25 30
abs 2-3 sets, 10 or 20 reps, 8-9 kinds
remove most of the back parts, since i got problem in back

3. Daily diet current
whey wake up (3weeks straight mutant whey, started july, now change to m.mass)
Workout
Whey (m.whey)
Lunch Rice with 1egg 2 to 3pcs. chicken
Dinner same as lunch
Oatmeal after 3hrs
Whey before sleep

From 2weeks ago= i just eat brunch and dinner, whey once a day or every other day for many months

4bpqJjS.jpg
dkkr9sF.jpg

old journey, nvm.
Post edited by BLUE on

Comments

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509

Question is; are you doing ALL those exercises of a certain body part (i.e. CHEST & BICEPS DAY) in a single day? Or you have your own permutation of exercises given in a single day?

If you were doing the former, by the looks of the list, you are doing "too much", sir (which is overkill). *Given that you are performing 4x sets in a single exercise.

Otherwise, might as well, give the list exercises you perform each day with the corresponding sets and repetition scheme, sir.

• BLUEBLUE Posts: 77
    Core wrote: »
    Question is; are you doing ALL those exercises of a certain body part (i.e. CHEST & BICEPS DAY) in a single day? Or you have your own permutation of exercises given in a single day?

If you were doing the former, by the looks of the list, you are doing "too much", sir (which is overkill). *Given that you are performing 4x sets in a single exercise.

Otherwise, might as well, give the list exercises you perform each day with the corresponding sets and repetition scheme, sir.

done sir, was still in edit mode. :)
    i used to do it everyday, chest bicep abs day1
    2weeks ago i tried day1 chest, day2 bicep. is it ok to seperate or will progress slower

» Quote from Over a year and not much of change, need help badly! Thread (by BLUE)...

@BLUE said:
    Hi, first of all i would like to introduce myself.
    Im MJC.
    5'8"
    146pounds, current
    appendicitis + scoliosis man, but it didn't stop me from going
    my goal from years ago was to have a body of a bodybuilder/model.
    gym time: 2hrs 30mins, now just 2hrs a day.
    day: 5-6days, now is 6-7days a week.
    obsess and determine.

Either you are slacking or you are doing too much in the gym. *I presume the latter.
    Reduce the amount of time in the gym by reducing the number of exercises performed and increase the poundage substantial to your strength without neglecting proper form. Focus in the compound exercises.

» Quote from Over a year and not much of change, need help badly! Thread (by BLUE)...

@BLUE said:
    Im MJC.
    5'8"
    146pounds, current

That would be under the Physique category.

@BLUE said:
    Im MJC.
    5'8"
    146pounds, current
    gym time: 2hrs 30mins, now just 2hrs a day.
    day: 5-6days, now is 6-7days a week.
    obsess and determine.

You can check the following journal who share similar conditions and made their mark here...

» The "Badass" Blueprint (IN THE TRENCHES) (by badass_vinch)
    » 100% Ego lifter! (by Jettie)
    » The Dedicated... (by Chico Enzo)

• ler4_warler4_war Posts: 186

Hi, thanks for sharing. 1 body part per day or 2 body parts per day is not a significant issue, however, reduce the amount of workout time to at least ~1hr or slightly over an hour. If you say that you've been lifting weights for one year, then your progress as far as what you can lift is below average (relative to your weight), try taking Creatine to increase your overall strength. Work on those 2 concerns and I personally believe that you're going to see progress in the next few months.

On the positive side of things, I can tell from your previous and recent posts your eagerness and dedication to make this work, you just need to be guided in the proper direction and be realistic about what to expect on weightlifting.

@ler4_war said:
    Hi, thanks for sharing. 1 body part per day or 2 body parts per day is not a significant issue, however, reduce the amount of workout time to at least ~1hr or slightly over an hour. If you say that you've been lifting weights for one year, then your progress as far as what you can lift is below average (relative to your weight), try taking Creatine to increase your overall strength. Work on those 2 concerns and I personally believe that you're going to see progress in the next few months.

Would it be optimal if he invest on his macros(i.e. whole foods) first, sir?

» Also given by the TS from diet dying Thread (by BLUE)...

@BLUE said:
    is my protein enough? or i need to add more protein which will be eaten in daily basis (eat same thing everyday)
    im sort of on a tight budget, but if need to add more, i think i can.

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against using supplements, but it would be below par (not used in effectiveness) if lacking on nutrition from whole foods. Supplements has it part, but it should not be treated in that significant.

edited July 2016

Hi Sir Core, thanks for bringing up that question. This person has been struggling on his diet and exercise program, based from his previous posts he takes whey protein which is significantly more expensive than Creatine and from his perspective he thinks that taking too much whey protein will give him the proper amount of nutrition that his body needs, to some extent yes but not on some aspects. If he can buy and take whey protein then it would be more “optimal” for him to spend the money on Creatine considering that Creatine is one of the cheapest supplements available which is scientifically proven and is the most researched supplement. The effectivity of it is no longer questionable, it is also known to be a cost effective solution for people who are working on a tight budget who wants extra supplementation.

Given the facts, I would stop buying whey protein and instead buy whole foods as a source of protein and carbohydrates (which I have adviced from his previous post) and buy creatine powder as a supplementation for strength. By doing this you’re trying to achieve proper nutrition and strength for weight lifting. In my opinion, this is still a better cost efficient alternative than eating ~1kg of meat everyday to obtain 5g of Creatine . And lastly, I do not see anything from my comment that supplements are treated in significant amounts? In fact, I did advocate on proper nutrition from whole foods. Thank you.

EDITED. Thanks Sir.

Post edited by ler4_war on

@ler4_war said:
    ... I did advocate on proper nutrition from whole foods. Thank you.

» Quote from diet dying Thread (by BLUE)...

@ler4_war said:
    From my previous comment, concentrate on whole foods for protein sources, complex carbohydrates, and use whey protein as a filler. You need at least ~1g per 1lb of protein. In the Philippines, whole foods are a lot cheaper than supplements, whereas in other countries, whey protein is cheaper than whole foods.

To give you an idea, one serving of protein shake is comparable to a small bottle of mineral water or coke sakto (sometimes mas mura pa), it's very cheap, so don't be surprised why people from overseas can afford a stack of supplements. I myself eat whole foods (if i can) and take supplements at the same time.

Noted.

@ler4_war said:
    ... If he can buy and take whey protein then it would be more “optimal” for him to spend the money on Creatine considering that Creatine is one of the cheapest supplements available ...

You mean "can't"

... In my opinion, this is still a better cost efficient alternative than eating 5kg of meat everyday to obtain 5g of Creatine . ...

I hope you're just exaggerating here. AFAIK, various meat sources will give you different amounts of creatine. But you won't get near as half of that just to get 5g of creatine.

@ler4_war said:
    ... And lastly, I do not see anything from my comment that supplements are treated in significant? ...

Cannot tell if you misread my word for "insignificant" but...

@Core said:
    ... DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against using supplements, but it would be below par (not used in effectiveness) if lacking on nutrition from whole foods. Supplements has it part, but it should not be treated in that significant.

When I said that supplements should not be treated that important. (Though not to the point that ALL are useless. Just what you have pointed out that some are proven to be effective. But we all know the bogus, of most, if not, 'some' of these are marketing schemes.) Supplements are there to fill-in the gaps. IMO, supplements are not meal-replacements. (Unless your in a state condition where you extremely needed to.) Different body mass requires different consumption.

Bottomline: Sir @BLUE needs to...

• Set his short term GOALS. (Long term goal: to have a body of a bodybuilder/model. ) Like what would be your ideal body weight goal i.e. for the next week/month/3mos/6mos and so on... That also applies in strength aspect; like what would be your target goal in terms of strength/repetition after a certain duration of a certain program. Reaching those goals will give you a sense of motivation. So you need to be REALISTIC. *remember the "R" of SMART goals
    • Calibrate or gauge his TRAINING program. *Backread It has already been pointed out. But to give you an idea what needs to be done to reduce the duration down to 1½hr tops, check sir @TRoll_W_a_Heart posts under How many exercise per body part should you do? Thread (by RyanChin)
    • Learn to count MACROS. *Google Not to complicate things, but to give you the idea on how much you need to consume in order to know where you will cross the line between gaining weight and losing weight within a week. "What to eat" also falls in here.
    • TRACK his progress weekly. One of the reasons of frustration/desperation of the beginners is when they find themselves little to no change at all when check themselves over the mirror or scale. They check today, then tomorrow until the day thereafter. They check too much in a little span of just a single day in between. The bodyweight fluctuates throughout the day, especially with the water that comes in and out by day and night. Once in a week (*same period; i.e. every start of the week) is enough.

That should clear things out and answer your thread title "Over a year and not much of change, need help badly!" in a nutshell. #NuffSaid

edited July 2016
    1. Hi Sir Core, its me again. I was correct when I said he can buy whey protein, if you read his thread on June 22 (Diet dying) he takes whey protein at least 2-3x a day.

2. Sir, it should have been ~1Kg and not 5Kg, for some reason I must be thinking of 5g while typing. (I've edited that line, thanks for noticing lol). Nevertheless, a powdered form is still significantly a cost effective solution than trying to establish a good amount of creatine from meat sources.

3. Again my apologies, it should have been "in that significant" if that's the way you want to read it (edited, again) however, in that significant or in significant are similar things, it'll be different if it was insignificant.

I do agree with your last paragraph that supplements should be used as fillers to complete your dietary requirement and not be used as a primary source of nutrition, I use both whole foods and supplements. Some days I turn to whole foods with less supplements and there are others where I take more supplements than whole foods, it just depends on what I can do on a given day.

Post edited by ler4_war on
    edited July 2016
    Ugh, thanks for the replies, i appreciate it. :) ive read everything but i cant absorb everything at once. Ill read back time to time. Bout the food, just that life is complicated. I only got rice cooker and a fridge here. one of the reason i take whey.
    And ive overdid myself, sometimes i walk 3 to 5hrs, work related.
    Too much energy spend too less food intake and recovery time. It made me more clear by your explanations and the research i did.

Ive just used my savings to get whey today.
    I think it is working, i can see more cuts than before after i adjusted my diet and cut my program or maybe i am just getting slim again? will know soon.... i really need to learn that macro if got time
    Post edited by BLUE on
    edited July 2016
    just budget :neutral: ,used my savings here... i'm aware the contents are lesser than what it is written q6m1YVP.jpg
    Post edited by BLUE on
    edited July 2016
    Wakeup = whey
    workout 12 12 10 8 reps
    incline db curl, inc hammer curl, inc wide db curl, concentration curl 15 15 20 25
    rev bb curl, bb wrist curl 10 12.5 15 17.5
    abs 8kinds, 3set, 10-20reps
    Postworkout = whey, peanut around 50g
    Lunch = 2 chicken parts roasted from chooks(from fridge), 2 eggs(steam with rice), half cup rice with few monggo(cook together with rice)
    Dinner (eat dinner at 5)= 2 eggs, half cup rice
    8pm snack = oatmeal
    1hr+ before sleep = whey, peanut
    walktime today(work) = around 1hr
    Post edited by BLUE on
    edited July 2016

@Core said:
    » The "Badass" Blueprint (IN THE TRENCHES) (by badass_vinch)

» 100% Ego lifter! (by Jettie)

2 years... ill search deeper if got time

Post edited by BLUE on
    edited July 2016

@ler4_war said:

On the positive side of things, I can tell from your previous and recent posts your eagerness and dedication to make this work, you just need to be guided in the proper direction and be realistic about what to expect on weightlifting.

shall i save and go buy creatine? i don't know if my kidney can handle all of the whey and creatine intake...
    and yea, i'm not giving up, im trying to learn from you guys.. :)
    and i dont have much friends, im a solo lifter
    some of my friend of friend, started late but already bigger than me

@Core said:

Bottomline: Sir @BLUE needs to...

Set his short term GOALS. (Long term goal: to have a body of a bodybuilder/model. ) Like what would be your ideal body weight goal i.e. for the next week/month/3mos/6mos and so on... That also applies in strength aspect; like what would be your target goal in terms of strength/repetition after a certain duration of a certain program. Reaching those goals will give you a sense of motivation. So you need to be REALISTIC. *remember the "R" of SMART goals

-problem is, i don't even have a short term goal, i just want to grow bigger and lift harder. maybe for now, would like to attain a body like jordan y e o h version2011

Calibrate or gauge his TRAINING program. *Backread It has already been pointed out. But to give you an idea what needs to be done to reduce the duration down to 1½hr tops, check sir @TRoll_W_a_Heart posts under How many exercise per body part should you do? Thread (by RyanChin)

http://pinoybodybuilding.com/discussion/5376/how-many-exercise-per-body-part-should-you-do#latest
    -at my current workout, tried split to 1body part per day, + abs = 1.5hours or almost 2 hours

Learn to count MACROS. *Google Not to complicate things, but to give you the idea on how much you need to consume in order to know where you will cross the line between gaining weight and losing weight within a week. "What to eat" also falls in here.

-yes i will do this if got time and budget. for now, i just need a fixed daily diet

TRACK his progress weekly. One of the reasons of frustration/desperation of the beginners is when they find themselves little to no change at all when check themselves over the mirror or scale. They check today, then tomorrow until the day thereafter. They check too much in a little span of just a single day in between. The bodyweight fluctuates throughout the day, especially with the water that comes in and out by day and night. Once in a week (*same period; i.e. every start of the week) is enough.

-i been tracking my progress monthly and take selfie :) i just saw myself slim then few months fat again. here i found deeper answers. thanks for understanding my story.

here is a month after i started serious workout july 2015
    https://s31.postimg.org/uxa3yfpaz/July_2015_blur.jpg
    december 2015
    https://s32.postimg.org/l5e6wf4lh/December_2015_blur.jpg
    january 2016
    https://s31.postimg.org/5b918k0kb/January_2016_blur.jpg
    march 2016
    https://s32.postimg.org/rb47asejp/March_2016_blur.jpg
    may2016 - this is the time i got addicted to junk foods
    https://s32.postimg.org/xm1llg2ut/May_2016_blur.jpg
    june2016
    https://s31.postimg.org/s4ssq9sh7/June_2016_blur.jpg
    july2016 (10 days after proper diet, started to eat more and daily whey)
    https://s31.postimg.org/mhoobdfh7/July_2016_blur.jpg

seems almost no change?

Post edited by BLUE on
    edited July 2016

today-
    wake up - m.mass
    workout, tried adding weight
    bb row 60 70 80 reps-12,10,8
    behind lat pull down 60 70 80 90 can only do 6reps last set
    lat pull down 60 70 80 90 can only do 4reps last set
    front grip pull down close 70 80 100
    db row 1arm 25 30 35
    bb shrugs 55 60 70 80
    bb shrugs bend over 50 50 60 70
    abs = 2sets x 10-20reps
    workout time: back, around 1hr10mins, abs 15mins
    post workout - m.mass, these suddenly grew on me https://s32.postimg.org/wv691fc45/Photo2886.jpg
    lunch - half cup rice w/monggo, 3pcs small chicken parts, 2 eggs
    snack - half wheat pandesal
    dinner - half cup rice w/monggo, 2 eggs
    oameal
    before bed - pro whey

Post edited by BLUE on

found this in the storage room.

uh anyone can help me about macro or set an example on base what i ate? an idea could help :)
    Protein.
    4.2g.
    There are 204 calories in 1 cup of cooked White Rice.
    +
    4eggs x around 3g of protein? = 12g
    +
    whey powder, 3x around 10-15g maybe = 30g-45g
    +
    1/2cup oatmeal around 4g
    +
    3pcs random chicken part x10-15g? = 30g
    +
    half wheat pandesal = 2.5g

= 82.7g protein intake
    is macro correct? google plus estimation

i weight 140+, therefore i need to add more food? i hope i am not mistaken?

@ler4_war said:
    Hi Sir Core, thanks for bringing up that question. This person has been struggling on his diet and exercise program, based from his previous posts he takes whey protein which is significantly more expensive than Creatine and from his perspective he thinks that taking too much whey protein will give him the proper amount of nutrition that his body needs, to some extent yes but not on some aspects. If he can buy and take whey protein then it would be more “optimal” for him to spend the money on Creatine considering that Creatine is one of the cheapest supplements available which is scientifically proven and is the most researched supplement. The effectivity of it is no longer questionable, it is also known to be a cost effective solution for people who are working on a tight budget who wants extra supplementation.

Given the facts, I would stop buying whey protein and instead buy whole foods as a source of protein and carbohydrates (which I have adviced from his previous post) and buy creatine powder as a supplementation for strength. By doing this you’re trying to achieve proper nutrition and strength for weight lifting. In my opinion, this is still a better cost efficient alternative than eating ~1kg of meat everyday to obtain 5g of Creatine . And lastly, I do not see anything from my comment that supplements are treated in significant amounts? In fact, I did advocate on proper nutrition from whole foods. Thank you.

EDITED. Thanks Sir.

i been thinking saving money to buy oven then start to buy uncook chicken.
    do i need to eat 1kg of meat(chicken) everyday? if you think it is better and cheaper than powders, then i'll do it. then ill make powder to be a filler again...

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308

Pls chk my journal..most of the time buy in bulk, 4kls of ground beef and 2kls of chicken breast a week, cook it once the tupperware it...weigh it when eating

Most whole foods are cheaper than protein powders in the Philippines.
  • bundesheerbundesheer Posts: 208

IMHO, scrap mo yung pagbili ng massgainer, just a waste of money.
    Maltodextrin ang main ingredient ng massgainer,and what is maltodextrine?= sugar.
    Kumain ka na lang ng fruits o yung whey protein haluan mo ng cereals .fruits at nuts,milk,ice tapos ilagay mo sa blender, so may post or pre workout foods ka na.
    If you have the budget then gawin mong substitute sa milk ang greek yogurt.

bundesheer wrote: »
    IMHO, scrap mo yung pagbili ng massgainer, just a waste of money.
    Maltodextrin ang main ingredient ng massgainer,and what is maltodextrine?= sugar.
    Kumain ka na lang ng fruits o yung whey protein haluan mo ng cereals .fruits at nuts,milk,ice tapos ilagay mo sa blender, so may post or pre workout foods ka na.
    If you have the budget then gawin mong substitute sa milk ang greek yogurt.

Ok planning to get more meat for protein, but ill monitor first for a week or 2, if i get mass or fat from there. Just that if i eat pure, i cant do situps

ler4_war wrote: »
    Most whole foods are cheaper than protein powders in the Philippines.

Yes, already planning for it, soon.
    If pre workout i cant, then if at night before sleeping, can you like eat meat before sleep?
    Yesterday, i did legs first before others.
    m. mass
    Squat same
    Seated l press 60 70 80 90
    Leg extn 20 30 30 40
    S. Calf raise same
    Started to loose energy
    Military press 50 50 60, was getting heavier at 3rd rep
    D. b press, 25 30 35
    F. raise skipped
    side lateral,incline d. b fly same
    tricep, same, but only did 3sets
    Workout time almost 2 hrs
    Wheat pandesal
    M. Mass
    lunch half cup rice w. monggo, 3 full eggs 2 egg whites
    dinner with boss, just medium size bulgogi with 1full egg
    wheat pandesal
    oatmeal mix with p. matrix
    sleep 6 or 7 hrs
    edited August 2016
    today, busy, so did gym at night
    M. mass
    2pcs wheat bread
    Lunch half cup rice w. monggo, half egg yolk, 2.5 eggs white, 3pcs chick parts
    m. mass 30mins bfore w. Out
    tried added extra 5lbs, after w. out i still feel im full of energy
    Flat db press 30 30 35 40
    Incline db press 25 25 30 35
    Decline db 25 25 30 35
    Pullover 30 30 35 40
    Incline db flys, same
    weird thing is when i use bar, can do bench press heavier
    Abs complete 3set
    Workout time around 1hr 30mins
    M. mass
    Dinner same as lunch except chick is 2pcs
    Oat mix w. Pro
    Walktime 1hr to obtain 3bags of roast chix. Last week just bought 2
    Post edited by BLUE on
  • t4g4yt4g4y Posts: 1,944

@BLUE said:
    do i need to eat 1kg of meat(chicken) everyday? if you think it is better and cheaper than powders, then i'll do it. then ill make powder to be a filler again...

forget the powder just eat the whole foods :)

edited August 2016
    t4g4y wrote: »
    @BLUE said:

forget the powder just eat the whole foods :)

ubusin ko muna mga to, while adjusting my diet para hndi sayang...weird thing is parang hinahanap ng katawan ko yun, hinalo ko nlng m. Mass at prowhey. Increase to 4x a day
    Post edited by BLUE on
    edited August 2016
    Yesterday,
    bicep
    Abs 1set.
    4x whey 3wheat pandesal 1cup rice 5eggwhite half yolk 6pcs chicken parts, overall total
    Post edited by BLUE on
    Today,
    Back and shrugs, added few extra lbs, can do only 6 reps on last
    Abs 2set
    Diet, same
    wakeup with cough, back to 3x whey.
    cup of rice with monggo, added more eggs = 8pcs. 3pcs chick parts for lunch and 2 for dinner. 3pcs wheat pandesal.
    completed shoulder same weight.
    Tricep lat press down 30 30 40 40
    closegrip b. press 50 50 60 60
    tric pushdown 30 30 40 40
    bench dips 3x
    Abs 1set

UT9w17i.jpg
  • t4g4yt4g4y Posts: 1,944

wow thats a lot of eggs lol good luck. You have pictures of you for reference?

Sa first page ahaha.. just started few days ago, Added egg to diet. Hope i hit my macro for the day, if only i knew how to track