Strong Lifts with Arms?

crismascrismas Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in Bodybuilding Discussion

Good Day PBB-mates.
I'm planning to shift from isolation training to SL 5x5 training then adding some arm workouts(bi/tri supersets) per workout day [e.g M-W-F].
Is this good or bad? Any suggestions?

If good:
How many arm workouts reps and sets?

TIA

Post edited by crismas on

Comments

  • cramnhojcramnhoj Posts: 73D-Class
    edited September 2016

    As per the program, you can add chinups during bench press day and dips during deadlift day. Do this only if it doesn't affect the main lifts.

    The purpose of a beginner program though is to build up your strength and get you used to doing the movements, and isolation ain't really needed at that point. The first few months will be training your nervous system. The increases in weight you can lift at the start is simply because you're training your body to actually use the muscles you have. I remember reading something about Hugh Jackman's training for the wolverine role. He wasn't allowed to do isolation work at the start.

    Post edited by cramnhoj on
  • bundesheerbundesheer Posts: 208B-Class
    crismas wrote: »
    Good Day PBB-mates.
    I'm planning to shift from isolation training to SL 5x5 training then adding some arm workouts(bi/tri supersets) per workout day [e.g M-W-F].
    Is this good or bad? Any suggestions?

    If good:
    How many arm workouts reps and sets?

    TIA

    If you still had energy to do isolation then why not? You can call it hybrid SL 5X5. Hehhehehe.


  • DeanofMeanDeanofMean Posts: 160C-Class

    Ginawa ko dati SL 5x5 pero may isolation exercises. mondays - triceps, wednesdays - biceps, fridays - shoulders, natatapos ako ng 1 hour and 15 minutes.

  • @cramnhoj said:
    As per the program, you can add chinups during bench press day and dips during deadlift day. Do this only if it doesn't affect the main lifts.

    The purpose of a beginner program though is to build up your strength and get you used to doing the movements, and isolation ain't really needed at that point. The first few months will be training your nervous system. The increases in weight you can lift at the start is simply because you're training your body to actually use the muscles you have. I remember reading something about Hugh Jackman's training for the wolverine role. He wasn't allowed to do isolation work at the start.

    Thanks for the response sir @cramnhoj, will try this method.

    @bundesheer said:
    crismas;5463" said:

    Good Day PBB-mates.
    I'm planning to shift from isolation training to SL 5x5 training then adding some arm workouts(bi/tri supersets) per workout day [e.g M-W-F].
    Is this good or bad? Any suggestions?

    If good:
    How many arm workouts reps and sets?

    TIA

    If you still had energy to do isolation then why not? You can call it hybrid SL 5X5. Hehhehehe.

    Thanks for the info sir @bundesheer.

    @DeanofMean said:
    Ginawa ko dati SL 5x5 pero may isolation exercises. mondays - triceps, wednesdays - biceps, fridays - shoulders, natatapos ako ng 1 hour and 15 minutes.

    Thanks for the response sir @DeanofMean. Ilang sets po ung mai-rerecommend mo per workout?

  • DeanofMeanDeanofMean Posts: 160C-Class

    Bali dinagdagan ko ng 3-4 isolation exercies, 3 sets of 15 reps, depende po sayo if kaya pa.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Today's Bible Passage