Thumbless Grip or Closed Grip

MaloyMaloy Posts: 582C-Class
For BP , ano ang preferred nyo Thumbless or Close Grip ?
Why?
  1. Thumbless Grip
  2. Closed Grip (Conventional grip)

Comments

  • DalmasVektazDalmasVektaz Posts: 2,157
    thumb grip..hindi masakit sa kamay
  • MaloyMaloy Posts: 582C-Class
    ramdam mo din ba sa wrist pag close grip ?
    Anyway , dati nung mababa pa yung timbang ng bnubuhat ko , thumbless grip gamit ko , nung bumigat na nag start na ko mag close grip (safety purposes) kaya ko nasabing ramdam sa wrist ...
  • dskinnydudedskinnydude Posts: 176
    @Maloy nagre-refer ba tayo sa bench press?
  • MaloyMaloy Posts: 582C-Class
    @Maloy nagre-refer ba tayo sa bench press?
    opo bossing. post edited :)
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Perhaps you mean to be asking does one prefer to use a thumbless grip or a conventional grip bro. The reason I say that is, one can use thumbless grip on close, medium or wide grip on bench press.

    Whenever using free weights on any type of barbell benches, I have always used a conventional grip - mostly for safety - especially with heavy weights. Also, using a thumbless grip isn't really going to increase the results by so much to even see a noticable difference. But opinions vary and many may prefer thumbless - just be safe if doing so.
  • MaloyMaloy Posts: 582C-Class
    ^ exactly my point sir, thanks for pointing it out (conventional , edited first post further)
    Thanks for the response, currently am sticked at using the conventional grip as well.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Maloy wrote:
    ^ exactly my point sir, thanks for pointing it out (conventional , edited first post further)
    Thanks for the response, currently am sticked at using the conventional grip as well.

    Hahaha - ok I think I understand the confusion bro. I just looked how you edited your post and you are calling "close grip" a "conventional grip". I think most people seeing your most see's "close grip" as with the hands spaced very close together on the bar, like doing a "close grip" for triceps. You should edit your post and change the "close grip" to "closed grip" - add the letter D on the end. Closed grip is a conventional grip, meaning the fingers are CLOSED. But CLOSE grip is for triceps - big difference hehe. :)
  • MaloyMaloy Posts: 582C-Class
    done sir :)
    couldnt edit the poll though
  • dskinnydudedskinnydude Posts: 176
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Maloy wrote:
    ^ exactly my point sir, thanks for pointing it out (conventional , edited first post further)
    Thanks for the response, currently am sticked at using the conventional grip as well.

    Hahaha - ok I think I understand the confusion bro. I just looked how you edited your post and you are calling "close grip" a "conventional grip". I think most people seeing your most see's "close grip" as with the hands spaced very close together on the bar, like doing a "close grip" for triceps. You should edit your post and change the "close grip" to "closed grip" - add the letter D on the end. Closed grip is a conventional grip, meaning the fingers are CLOSED. But CLOSE grip is for triceps - big difference hehe. :)

    Daming close/d! hehe

    My take on this would be the conventional grip which is safer, you exert more power, and take more control of the bar.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Maloy wrote:
    ^ exactly my point sir, thanks for pointing it out (conventional , edited first post further)
    Thanks for the response, currently am sticked at using the conventional grip as well.

    Hahaha - ok I think I understand the confusion bro. I just looked how you edited your post and you are calling "close grip" a "conventional grip". I think most people seeing your most see's "close grip" as with the hands spaced very close together on the bar, like doing a "close grip" for triceps. You should edit your post and change the "close grip" to "closed grip" - add the letter D on the end. Closed grip is a conventional grip, meaning the fingers are CLOSED. But CLOSE grip is for triceps - big difference hehe.

    Daming close/d! hehe

    My take on this would be the conventional grip which is safer, you exert more power, and take more control of the bar.

    Well you are right indeed my friend! One small secret that the biggest benchers in the world use is squeezing the hell out of the bar when benching. I have always done this on ALL pressing movements, benching, inclines, db's, militaries, etc. A death grip on that bar can mean the difference of an extra rep or 2. Of course it's impossible to do that with a thumbless grip.
  • MaloyMaloy Posts: 582C-Class
    with the responses , my decision to switch to closed grip I believe is a good thingthough the poll shows more votes for the thumbless .
    Thanks sirs @bigdawg and dskinny
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,494B-Class
    ...

    viphet.jpg
  • brunoxbrunox Posts: 31
    ako ung may thumb, natatakot ako kapag wala kasi baka biglang dumalas ung barbel.. :)
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,815B-Class
    basta ako depende sa exercise na gagawen :) lalo kung DB's ang gamit syempre closed pero pag bar, depende sa gagawen
  • loisborro1loisborro1 Posts: 138
    suicide grip (thumbless) sumasakit yung forearm ko pag may thumb lalo na pag reverse sumasakit forearm ko mas prefer ko ang suicide grip. Pag heavy naman nagsesecure talaga ako ng spotter kasi sanay ako sa suicide grip :)
  • cjdcjd Posts: 19
    for me it depends kung san ka mas comfortable. kung feel mo close grip then do it. if mas comfortable ka sa conventional then un nalang. but I do conventional grip mas comfortable ako dun tsaka mas may power. Smile
  • ethanashethanash Posts: 10
    Conventional grip for safety
  • LifeHackLifeHack Posts: 37E-Class
    Lately ng ssuicide grip ako kasi mas comfortable ang wrist ko, na aalign kasi siya sa forearm whereas if regular grip may tendency mag bend backwards ang kamay if mabigat na yung weight..pero suicide grip is still dangerous hehe:P
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,494B-Class
    LifeHack wrote:
    "... regular grip may tendency mag bend backwards ang kamay if mabigat na yung weight.. ..."

    You're probably putting the bar on the wrong part of your palm.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Today's Bible Passage