Worksets : 60kg x 6 reps x 3 sets

Chin-Up
    Worksets : BW x 7 reps, BW x 6 reps x 2 sets

Barbell Bench Press
    Warm-up : 40kg x 15 reps, 50kg x 8 reps
    Worksets : 60kg x 5 reps x 3 sets

Pec Deck
    Worksets: 35kg x 8 reps, 30kg x 8 reps, 30kg x 6 reps

Went conservative with the big and heavy compound exercises. Struggled with the chin-up. Back was already tired from the heavy pendlay rows. Average training day, nothing special.

PEACE OUT!
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    February 7, 2015

BW: 59.5kg

[size=medium]Strength Phase, Block 2, Microcycle 1 (Week 5, Day 3)[/size]

Deadlift
    Warm-Up : 50kg x 15 reps, 60kg x 8 reps, 90kg x 1 reps, 100kg x 1 reps, 110kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 110kg x 5 reps, 110kg x 6 reps, 110kg x 5 reps

Squat
    Warm-Up: 50kg x 8 reps, 70kg x 4 reps
    Worksets : 80kg x 7 reps x 3 sets (PR on reps and sets)

Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    Worksets : 70kg x 6 reps x 3 sets

Seated Leg Curl
    Worksets : 10kg x 6 reps x 3 sets (each leg)

Machine Standing Calf Raise
    Worksets : 100kg x 8 reps x 3 sets

Struggled badly again with the deadlift. This is getting frustrating. Not a good sign. Lower back was torched afterwards. Had to rest for almost 8 mins before doing the squat. Squat was good though.

PEACE OUT!
    February 9, 2015

BW: 59.2kg

[size=medium]Strength Phase, Block 2, Microcycle 2 (Week 6, Day 1)[/size]

Push Press
    Warm-Up : 20kg x 15 reps, 25kg x 8 reps, 30kg x 4 reps, 35kg x 2 reps, 40kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 42.5kg x 4 reps, 45kg x 4 reps x 2 sets

DB Side Lateral Raise
    Worksets : 20lb x 8 reps x 3 sets

Pendlay Row (Supinated Grip)
    Worksets : 65kg x 4 reps x 2 sets, 70kg x 4 reps

Iso-Lateral Wide Grip Pulldown
    Worksets : 40kg x 12 reps, 50kg x 8 reps, 70kg x 6 reps

Barbell Bench Press
    Worksets : 65kg x 4 reps x 3 sets

Incline DB Fly
    Worksets: 8kg x 8 reps, 10kg x 8 reps x 2 sets

Just an ordinary workout day, nothing extraordinary about it. Neck pain afterwards, I think I might have strained a muscle between my traps and right shoulder.

PEACE OUT!
    February 10, 2015

[size=medium]Strength Phase, Block 2, Microcycle 2 (Week 6, Day 2)[/size]

Deadlift
    Warm-Up : 50kg x 8 reps, 60kg x 5 reps, 90kg x 3 reps, 110kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 120kg x 4 reps x 2 sets, 120kg x 3 reps

Squat
    Warm-Up: 50kg x 8 reps, 70kg x 4 reps, 80kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 85kg x 4 reps x 2 sets, 85kg x 6 reps

Barbell Good Morning
    Worksets : 50kg x 8 reps x 3 sets

Lying Leg Curl
    Worksets : 25kg x 8 reps, 30kg x 8 reps x 2 sets

Worksets : 106kg x 8 reps, 112kg x 8 reps, 120kg x 8 reps
    February 12, 2015

[size=medium]Strength Phase, Block 2, Microcycle 2 (Week 6, Day 2)[/size]

Push Press
    Warm-Up : 20kg x 15 reps, 25kg x 8 reps, 30kg x 4 reps, 35kg x 2 reps, 40kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 40kg x 6 reps, 42.5kg x 5 reps, 45kg x 2 reps

DB Side Lateral Raise
    Worksets : 15lb x 8 reps x 3 sets

Worksets : 70kg x 4 reps x 3 sets

Chin-Up
    Worksets : BW x 8 reps, BW x 7 reps, BW x 6 reps

Barbell Bench Press
    Worksets : 60kg x 6 reps, 65kg x 4 reps, 70kg x 3 reps

Pec Deck
    Worksets: 30kg x 8 reps x 3 sets

Meh training session. I felt something different on my lower back on the Push Presses so I decided to stay safe and not push myself this session.
    Valentine's progress update

3TQYBGN.jpg
    +4-5 kg from last August's progress update. Gained a bit fat, but I'm happy with the progress. Fatty gainzzzzz brah! Haha!

Consistent training, decent nutrition (I ate whatever I wanted, no calorie nor macro counting) but very lousy rest/recovery. Hopefully, I'll be able to fix that poor rest/recovery in the future.

PEACE OUT!
    [size=medium]3 Years in Retrospect[/size]

I was browsing some old files a few days back and found some progress photos taken way back when I was still starting out. I was definitely shocked when I put the old one side by side with my most recent.

uMYuGas.jpg
    Left: 6 Months Training (4 months bulk, 2 month cut)
    Right: Almost 3 years later

I'm into this game for almost 3 1/2 years now, lots of lessons learned, accumulated knowledge from reading books and internet articles, gained wisdom through experiences and have undergone a lot of ups and downs.

But..... I kept doing the GRIND. Head down, mow down 1 day at a time.

EAT (quality foods), TRAIN (as hard as you can) and REST (sleep like a baby). RINSE and REPEAT. As simple as that. Yes, it's that simple. Do that as CONSISTENT as possible for a LONG period of time, and I assure you, you'll have your GAINZZZZZ! STOP COMPLICATING YOUR LIFE.

I used to think I was hopeless, a guy with sucky genetics (small and frail frame), starting late (31 years old), poor carbohydrate tolerance and a bunch of chronic illnesses (asthma, rhinitis etc). That didn't stop me from doing what I want to do. STOP MAKING EXCUSES. Take control of your life. Be accountable for all your actions. You want to achieve something? BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR OWN SHIP.

Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, and so is your physique. Do the grind, one day at a time. Enjoy the journey. Soon, you'll get there. :)

PEACE OUT!
  • OhsnapOhsnap Posts: 425
    riddler wrote:
    [size=medium]3 Years in Retrospect[/size]

I was browsing some old files a few days back and found some progress photos taken way back when I was still starting out. I was definitely shocked when I put the old one side by side with my most recent.

uMYuGas.jpg
    Left: 6 Months Training (4 months bulk, 2 month cut)
    Right: Almost 3 years later

I'm into this game for almost 3 1/2 years now, lots of lessons learned, accumulated knowledge from reading books and internet articles, gained wisdom through experiences and have undergone a lot of ups and downs.

But..... I kept doing the GRIND. Head down, mow down 1 day at a time.

EAT (quality foods), TRAIN (as hard as you can) and REST (sleep like a baby). RINSE and REPEAT. As simple as that. Yes, it's that simple. Do that as CONSISTENT as possible for a LONG period of time, and I assure you, you'll have your GAINZZZZZ! STOP COMPLICATING YOUR LIFE.

I used to think I was hopeless, a guy with sucky genetics (small and frail frame), starting late (31 years old), poor carbohydrate tolerance and a bunch of chronic illnesses (asthma, rhinitis etc). That didn't stop me from doing what I want to do. STOP MAKING EXCUSES. Take control of your life. Be accountable for all your actions. You want to achieve something? BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR OWN SHIP.

Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, and so is your physique. Do the grind, one day at a time. Enjoy the journey. Soon, you'll get there. :)

PEACE OUT!

Wow! Napakasarap na pakiramdam niyan. Haha you broke the barrier of your genes haha triple thumbs up! More gainz to come sir
    Ohsnap wrote:
    Wow! Napakasarap na pakiramdam niyan. Haha you broke the barrier of your genes haha triple thumbs up! More gainz to come sir

Salamat bro. Feeling ko kasi lately, parang walang nangyayari or rather progress has been so damn slow despite doing the grind consistently. Looking back, I came to a realization na anlaki na pala ng pagbabago. Haha! Buti na lang I always take progress photos, at least, may ebidensya nga na meron talaga pagbabago especially in times like this wherein you are starting to doubt the things that you do. Haha!

Anyway, It's not a race. There is no finish line on sight, unless you are PRO who competes. This is a lifetime commitment, not a quick fix. :)
  • OhsnapOhsnap Posts: 425
    Yup minsan na fefeel ko rin yang "parang walang progress" but i compensate sa iba para gumaan yung feeling. Like "waw tumaas yung lbs na nalilift ko" and " uy kaya ko na pala gawin to" hahaha. And like you said, there is no finish line :) Mabuhay ang mga ectong nagsusumikap haha
    February 17, 2015

[size=medium]Strength Phase, Block 2, Microcycle 3 (Week 7, Day 1)[/size]

Deadlift
    Warm-Up : 40kg x 10 reps, 70kg x 5 reps, 90kg x 2 reps, 100kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 110kg x 6 reps, 120kg x 3 reps, 130kg x 2 reps

Squat
    Warm-Up: 50kg x 8 reps, 60kg x 5 reps, 80kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 85kg x 5 reps, 90kg x 3 reps, 95kg x 2 reps (PR)

Barbell Good Morning
    Worksets : 55kg x 8 reps x 3 sets (PR)

Lying Leg Curl
    Worksets : 25kg x 10 reps x 3 sets

Worksets : 112kg x 8 reps x 3 sets

Tried to pull 140kg for 1RM PR, unfortunately, I failed. Haha! Reverted back to just 130kg for 2 reps. Oh well, better luck next time. I did break a PR though on the squats! Finally broke the 200lb barrier. Yeah buddy!

PEACE OUT!
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    riddler wrote:
    February 17, 2015

Squat

Tried to pull 140kg for 1RM PR, unfortunately, I failed. Haha! Reverted back to just 130kg for 2 reps. Oh well, better luck next time. I did break a PR though on the squats! Finally broke the 200lb barrier. Yeah buddy!

Welcome to the 200-pound club! Now time for the 100kg mark...
    Core wrote:
    riddler wrote:
    February 17, 2015

Squat

Welcome to the 200-pound club! Now time for the 100kg mark...

Thanks @Core . Will definitely work on that one. Looking forward to hit the 300-pound club on my deadlift too. Good times! Haha! :lol
    February 19, 2015

[size=medium]Strength Phase, Block 2, Microcycle 3 (Week 7, Day 2)[/size]

Push Press
    Warm-Up : 20kg x 15 reps, 25kg x 8 reps, 30kg x 5 reps, 35kg x 2 reps, 40kg x 1 rep
    Worksets : 40kg x 5 reps, 42.5kg x 3 reps, 47.5kg x 2 reps (PR)

DB Side Lateral Raise
    Worksets : 15lb x 8 reps x 3 sets

Warm-up : 40kg x 15 reps, 50kg x 6 reps, 60kg x 2 reps
    Worksets : 60kg x 6 reps, 70kg x 4 reps, 75kg x 2 reps

Chin-Up
    Worksets : BW x 8 reps, BW x 7 reps, BW x 6 reps

Barbell Bench Press
    Warm-up : 40kg x 15 reps, 50kg x 6 reps
    Worksets : 60kg x 5 reps, 67.5kg x 3 reps, 75kg x 1 rep (PR)

Incline DB Flye
    Worksets: 20lb x 8 reps x 2 sets, 25lb x 8 reps

PR's on both the Push Press and Bench Press. Yeah buddy!

PEACE OUT!
    Skipped training yesterday. My lower back and left knee has been bugging me since Wednesday. Nasobrahan ata sa deadlift and squats for the past 7 weeks. I really pushed myself to the limit during this strength phase and I think my body is just showing some signs of wear and tear. I'm thinking of skipping heavy deadlift and squats for the next 2 months. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, it will be a scheduled deload next week and also the last for the strength phase. Looking forward to hit the Metabolic Phase.

PEACE OUT!
    February 24, 2015

BW: 60kg

[size=medium]Strength Phase, Block 2, Microcycle 4 (Week 8, Day 1)[/size]

Incline DB Fly
    Warm-Up : 5lb x 20 reps, 10lb x 20 reps
    Worksets : 15lb x 20 reps x 3 sets

Iso-Lateral Wide Grip Pulldown
    Worksets : 30kg x 20reps, 35kg x 20 reps x 2 sets

Barbell Upright Row
    Worksets : 15kg x 20 reps x 3 sets

Split Squat
    Worksets : 10kg x 20 reps x 3 sets (each leg)

Standing Calf Raise
    Worksets : 45kg x 20 reps x 3 sets

Plank
    Worksets : 60secs x 3 sets

PEACE OUT!
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    get well kuya orly.. marami naming machines na makakatulog sa ating mga legs hihihih
    March 3, 2015

BW: 61.5 kg

[size=medium]Metabolic Phase, Straight Sets, Microcycle 1 (Week 1, Day 1)[/size]

30 secs rest in between sets, 30-60 secs rest in between exercises. Goal is to push through the uncomfortable feeling of lactic acid buildup due to muscle fatigue. Weight used is of secondary importance.

Incline DB Press
    Warm-Up : 5lb x 20 reps, 10lb x 20 reps, 20lb x 10 reps
    Worksets : 30lb x 20 reps x 2 sets, 30lb x 15 reps

1-Arm DB Row
    Worksets : 35lb x 20 reps x 2 sets, 35lb x 15 reps

Seated DB Shoulder Press
    Worksets : 15lb x 20 reps, 15lb x 15 reps, 10lb x 18 reps

Cable Triceps Extension
    Worksets : 35kg x 20 reps x 3 sets

Seated DB Curl
    Worksets : 10lb x 20 reps x 2 sets, 10lb x 15 reps

Leg Press
    Worksets : 70kg x 20 reps x 3 sets

Lying Leg Curl
    Worksets : 15kg x 20 reps x 2 sets, 15kg x 15 reps

Standing Calf Raise
    Worksets : 58.5kg x 20 reps x 3 sets

Cable Crunch
    Worksets : 60kg x 20 reps, 70kg x 20 reps x 2 sets

Finished in 40 mins with very brief rest periods. Whole body was trembling afterwards. Tough.

PEACE OUT!
  • maryanmaryan Posts: 59
    Sir pwede po mg tanong? Sa saudi po ba kayo based? Gusto ko lg po mg tanong about sa mga fitness gym jan? Mahal po ba ang rates? Saka pgkaalam ko exclusive lg sa mga lalake ang gym? Pupunta po kc kami ng saudi para mg work. Gusto ko din po sana mg apply sa gympara po maging healthy at gumanda katawan. My recomended po ba kayo na mga gyms jan na mura lg? Kahit yung mga cheap at kalawangin ok na po. Salamat.
    maryan wrote:
    Sir pwede po mg tanong? Sa saudi po ba kayo based? Gusto ko lg po mg tanong about sa mga fitness gym jan? Mahal po ba ang rates? Saka pgkaalam ko exclusive lg sa mga lalake ang gym? Pupunta po kc kami ng saudi para mg work. Gusto ko din po sana mg apply sa gympara po maging healthy at gumanda katawan. My recomended po ba kayo na mga gyms jan na mura lg? Kahit yung mga cheap at kalawangin ok na po. Salamat.

Sorry bro, pero wala ako idea kung magkano ang gym memberships eh. Company provided kasi ang gym membership ko. All access pass sa kahit na anong gym within the area where I work.
  • maryanmaryan Posts: 59
    Ok cge po sir. Salamat po. Sana sa papasukan ko e company provided dn... Hehe.
    It's that time of the year again wherein I get to spend a full month of stress-free and non-structured day-to-day activities. ANNUAL VACATION TIME!

I'll be home in Philippines for the whole month of June. Technically speaking, not the whole month (June 1-26 only) though. Haha!

Last year, I was supposed to meet @Core and @badass_vinch, but due to busy and hectic schedule, I wasn't able to meet them. This time around, I hope we could make it work. Group workout? Just an ordinary meet and greet? I'm fine with it. I am expecting some errands to do in Makati around 2nd-3rd week of June so hopefully, we could schedule it during that timeframe. Of course, anybody who's free on that agreed date/time is free to join. Let's make this happen.

@badass_vinch
    Bro, I'll order the two shirts I mentioned on your thread. Medium size for the Natural No Easy Way and Grind All Day. No more excuses from me. I have to meet you to get the merchandise and give the payment. Hehe!

Anyway, looking forward to meet and greet with you guys.

PEACE OUT!
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    sched na natin to! :)

hopefully sana tuesday sya..
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Ayusin natin yan, group workout na to! :)
  • dimzon03dimzon03 Posts: 1,552
    pagnatuloy to... magdadahilan nalng ulit ako na may sakit para absent nako at makasama lang sa GWO hehehe:P
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    hopefully weekends :( hihihihi
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    This just in... weekends na off ko.. YEBA!!!
    Kung weekends ang ideal schedule ng karamihan, I'll try to be available by June 19-21. Blocked out na yung weekend ng Independence Day sa schedule ko eh. Long weekend road trip with the family.

Not yet final though. I'll post updates here once I get to confirm all my commitments and schedules.
    Nasa Makati ako last Monday, too bad PBB was offline and couldn't post any update regarding my errands. Na-schedule sana natin yung meet-up/group workout.

Anyway, I might be back again next week in Makati. I'll keep this thread updated para ma-schedule na.
    Ok guys, I'm available tomorrow from lunch till night. Luluwas ako ng Manila to process my OEC. If anyone is available for a meet and greet or group workout, let me know. Here is my number, 09298174801.

@badass_vinch
    Bro, kung available na yung shirts na order ko at available din yung time mo, let's conclude the deal. Text or call na lang sa number ko. Thanks!