From Scrawny to Brawny

Comments

• riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    rtravino29 wrote:
    wow! kaw na sir! pa pizza ka naman! heheh!

Tara! Hahaha! Uwi ako diyan sa pinas this mid-May to mid-June. Let's try to sched a group workout with @badass_vinch one of these days basta may free time ako. No promises though kasi I live in the province and I will be spending most of my time there. Just in case it'll push through, it'll be my treat! :)
  • Chico EnzoChico Enzo Posts: 420
    Grats again bro. Sayang ang layo ko, gusto komdin sana sumama:(
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Grats again bro. Sayang ang layo ko, gusto komdin sana sumama:(

Oo nga. Di bale, pag nagawi ako ng Cebu, I'll make sure to let you know! Hehehe! :)
    Astig sir:)
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    kelan ba yan para makapag leave na haha
    kelan ba yan para makapag leave na haha

Hindi ko pa ma-confirm yung date bro, medyo tight yung schedule eh. Most probably, baka end of May or worst, first week ng June siguro. Will let you know in advance once na maayos ko sched ko. Hehehe! :)
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    riddler wrote:
    9kZ4800l.png

Woooootttt!!! Finally got the prize money from being an S2B Finalist! Should be $1000, but $10 was deducted for the international wire transfer.

I have a body I can be proud of, learned a lot from world class fitness coaches and now even got paid for merely just participating on this prestigious transformation program. What more could you ask? I am definitely a happy camper. :)

There's only one thing I can say, CONSISTENCY, DEDICATION, COMMITMENT and HARD WORK really pays off. Do what you need to do day in, day out, let the uncontrollable things do it's natural course, rinse and repeat, and soon, reap the benefits.

Payback is sweet! :lol

PEACE OUT!

totoo nga, pag may tyga, may nilaga (beef) hihhi congrats ulit sir orly :)
    Back to Sandy Reality

Vacation's over. Back to work. Back to the daily grind. :)

qqFlp1J.jpg

Just a reference photo taken a few days ago. Gained a bit of fat, but all in all, still in good shape despite of crappy nutrition (alcohol, sugar overload/sweets, inferior food choices etc). Still trained consistently though even though I was always on the road most of the time, mostly bodyweight with a suspension trainer.

Ran out of time to schedule the supposedly GWO with @badass_vinch and @Core . Apologies mga bro. I had too much errands on my plate during my vacation and my schedule was badly messed up kaya di na natuloy yung meet-up/GWO. Hopefully, next time, I'll have time to meet you guys.

Anyway, expect regular update on this log/journal again now that I'm back to regular programming.

PEACE OUT!
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    riddler wrote:
    Ran out of time to schedule the supposedly GWO with @badass_vinch and @Core . Apologies mga bro. I had too much errands on my plate during my vacation and my schedule was badly messed up kaya di na natuloy yung meet-up/GWO. Hopefully, next time, I'll have time to meet you guys.

Anyway, expect regular update on this log/journal again now that I'm back to regular programming.

PEACE OUT!

WB to PH! So long you spend much of your time with your family... Happy Father's Day.
    welcome back sir orly :) ok lang mag gain ng fats kasi tyak naman tayo na sa pag balik mo mawawla yan :)
    Thanks for the welcome back @Emman1986

Getting back on track one nutritional habit at a time. This is really one of my problem coming back from my typical annual vacation, falling off the wagon and getting back again. Tough, but definitely doable.

Plan is to lean out a bit during the ramadan month, and then go on slow recomp/bulk later on.

PEACE OUT!
    414SqfBQDqL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    “Understanding is the one-dimensional comprehension of the intellect. It leads to knowledge. Realization is three-dimensional — a simultaneous comprehension of head, heart, and instinct. It comes only from direct experience.”
    “Use whatever knowledge you have but see its limitations. Knowledge alone does not suffice; it has no heart. No amount of knowledge will nourish or sustain your spirit; it can never bring you ultimate happiness or peace. Life requires more than knowledge; it requires intense feeling and constant energy. Life demands right action if knowledge is to come alive.”

After wrapping up S2B a few months ago, the quotes above resonated a lot to me. Just wanted to share it here. :)

PEACE OUT!
    Starting today, I am going to embark on a 30-day Gut Healing experiment. I have been bothered for too long (12 years) now with digestion issues and food sensitivities/allergies so I guess it's now time to deal with it once and for all.

Here's the protocol I will follow for my nutrition:
    Eat Liberally
    - Meat and poultry
    - Organ meats (especially liver)
    - Bone-broth soups
    - Fish
    - Eggs
    - Starchy plants
    - Nonstarchy vegetables
    - Fermented vegetables and fruits
    - Traditional fats
    - Olives, avocados and coconuts
    - Sea salt and spices

Eat in Moderation
    - Processed meat
    - Whole fruit
    - Nuts and seeds
    - Green beans, sugar peas and snap peas
    - Coffee and black tea
    - Vinegar
    - Restaurant food

Avoid Completely
    - Dairy
    - Grains
    - Legumes
    - Sweeteners
    - Chocolate
    - Processed or refined foods
    - Industrial seed and vegetable oils
    - Sodas, including diet sodas, and fruit juice
    - Alcohol
    - Processed sauces and seasonings

Gonna be a tough 30 days ahead. Bring it on!

Training will still be the same, 4 days strength training weekly with daily morning/afternoon walks.
    sariling training routine mo na lang ba sususndin mo sir orly? or may sususndin ka ulit na bago?
    Emman1986 wrote:
    sariling training routine mo na lang ba sususndin mo sir orly? or may sususndin ka ulit na bago?

Napagkatuwaan namin nung ibang S2B Alumni's na mag-join sa Inner Circle ni Jason Ferruggia and currently, sinusunod namin ngayon yung strength training routine na dinesign niya. It's called "No Mercy". Maganda yung workout programming and periodization, well thought of, subdivided into 4 phases, 4 weeks each. Kaka-start ko lang last week. :)

So far, enjoyable naman. Ala nga lang gaanong time para i-log yung workout details, medyo busy eh.
    ayos yan kuya! pag may time ka post mo ung routine etc regardingthat training parang ung s2b mo dati pinopost mo ung mga tungkol dun! good luck and sigurado mas ok na out come na naman yan . ramadan kareem!
    Emman1986 wrote:
    ayos yan kuya! pag may time ka post mo ung routine etc regardingthat training parang ung s2b mo dati pinopost mo ung mga tungkol dun! good luck and sigurado mas ok na out come na naman yan . ramadan kareem!

So far, priority ko muna itong health ko. Nahihirapan na talaga ako eh. Laging barado ilong ko, skin rashes and allergies, lethargy feeling everyday etc. Medyo restrictive itong gagawin kong nutrition, so I think I will just maintain what I have right now. Di ko muna focus yung physical improvement. I'll keep training as hard as possible though, no big goal or expectations nga lang muna. :)

Ramadan kareem!
    sinabi mo pakuya! ako galing ako sa trangkaso(ubo, sipon, lagnat, sakit ng katawan) for 1 week so from training to nutrition eh nga nga ako! pag ganun pa namang scenario pag balik mo sa gy apektado ka emotonally kesyo, pumayat ako ng big time, gumaan ako, humina ako at kung ano ano pa pumapasok sa icip ko ! hahah nakakabaliw kay dapat talaga ingtan naten maige kalusugan naten

get well soon ! btw, ano masasabi mo sa vitamins, ok naba ung purong vitamin C na lang tirahin naten or dapat multiV? matanong ko lang?
    Emman1986 wrote:
    get well soon ! btw, ano masasabi mo sa vitamins, ok naba ung purong vitamin C na lang tirahin naten or dapat multiV? matanong ko lang?

I still prefer multivitamins. Pero high potency dapat hindi yung mga "mainstream" multivitamins lang diyan sa tabi tabi. Gamit ko for almost 2 years now yung OptiMen. If you can find Greens powder supplement, that's better than the tablets/capsules variant.
    ilan kasi sa mga ka PBB naten eh nag kasakit netong mga nakaraang araw kaya natanong ko lang :) salamat

@rtravino29 eto isa sa mga natanungan ko regarding multiV or vit C lang :)
    bcCIXzU.jpg
    [size=large]Food for thought[/size]
    [size=medium]“It is better for you to take responsibility for your life as it is, instead of blaming others, or circumstances, for your predicament. As your eyes open, you’ll see that your state of health, happiness, and every circumstance of your life has been, in large part, arranged by you — consciously or unconsciously.”[/size]
    [align=right]- Way of the Peaceful Warrior[/align]

PEACE OUT!
    Week 1, Gut Healing Experiment Update

Week 1 is in the books now. So far, so good. I feel better already after eliminating most of the foods that might be aggravating my immune system. Better focus and energy on my day to day activities. Skin allergies are starting to clear out. Nose is still clogged though. I also noticed amazing improvement on my digestion. No more bloating and gas after meals! :)

Onwards to Week 2! :)
    L6zVKDl.jpg

Getting leaner even though I am not consciously leaning out. Weight fluctuates from 55-57 kg on a day to day basis. Not really counting calories at the moment, but I'm focusing all my efforts these days with the Gut Healing Experiment which I am currently doing. No supplements aside from multivitamins and fish oil. No grains, even rice/oats. Only carb source I have at the moment are starchy tubers (which I eat a LOT on a daily basis) and fruits (in moderation).

So far, so good! Never have I enjoyed whole foods this much! No preservatives, no gluten, no boxed/canned foods.

PEACE OUT!
    [size=medium]If you are over 18 and not making a living in sport, well, welcome to this simple reality: You are in a lifesaving war against the loss of lean body mass and mobility. You must fight the good fight in keeping these. Life, lard and laziness are all conspiring against you in your noble battle to keep yourself as young as you can be, as long as you can. As the great baseball player, Satchell Paige, said, “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?”[/size]
    [align=right]- Dan John, Intervention: Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer[/align]
    [size=medium]Objective judgment, now at this very moment.
    Unselfish action, now at this very moment.
    Willing acceptance—now at this very moment—of all external events.
    That’s all you need.
    [/size]

[size=medium]—MARCUS AURELIUS[/size]

Whatever obstacle you are facing right now, always remember the quote above. The obstacle is the WAY!

PEACE OUT!
    riddler wrote:
    L6zVKDl.jpg

Getting leaner even though I am not consciously leaning out. Weight fluctuates from 55-57 kg on a day to day basis. Not really counting calories at the moment, but I'm focusing all my efforts these days with the Gut Healing Experiment which I am currently doing. No supplements aside from multivitamins and fish oil. No grains, even rice/oats. Only carb source I have at the moment are starchy tubers (which I eat a LOT on a daily basis) and fruits (in moderation).

So far, so good! Never have I enjoyed whole foods this much! No preservatives, no gluten, no boxed/canned foods.

PEACE OUT!

Nice bro, keep it up.
    Week 2, Gut Healing Experiment Update

Felt like crap today. Weather here in the desert is hideous the past few days. Sandstorm with very high humidity and temperatures (45+ degrees). Woke up sneezing like hell. Rhinitis attack! =(

Anyway, things are going well with the Gut Healing Experiment protocol that I'm running. Clearer skin, more focus and energy. Quite surprised with the result so far. I'm discovering some food sensitivities which I am not aware before. I really need to be careful with things that I put on my mouth. Gone are the days where I can eat whenever/whatever I want. Haha!

Anyway, onwards to Week 3! :)
    AHe9jbT.jpg

PEACE OUT!
    Week 3, Gut Healing Experiment Update

Still going strong with the experiment. Feeling better each day. Less rhinitis attack. No more lethargic feeling. I feel rejuvenated. 9 days to go to! Bring it on!

I have experienced a major side effect though with this experiment. I guess this is what Coach Calvin told me when I was still under his guidance (S2B).
    Take care of your body and your body will take care of you.

TjG6PECl.jpg

As I've said before, I am doing this experiment with sole focus on HEALTH and not PHYSICAL improvements but I'll gladly welcome this as a SIDE EFFECT of being HEALTHY.

PEACE OUT!