From Scrawny to Brawny

Comments

• riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    Here's how I typically prepare my muscle dinner following this template:
    Muscle Dinner 101
    - 2 palms of lean meat
    - 2-3 fist of vegetables
    - 2 tbsp of coconut oil/butter/ghee
    - 2 tbsp topper (salsa, pesto, tomato sauce etc)
    - *1 fist starchy carb
    1. Prepare the ingredients
    oWgoww7.jpg
    - 320g sliced and marinated (salt and pepper) chicken breast fillet
    - 2 tbsp ghee
    - 1 fist green beans
    - 1 large tomato
    - 1 large onion

2. Heat the pan and put some oil (coconut oil, ghee, butter etc.)

3. Cook the meat at medium-high heat for around 5-10 mins or until the meat is tender.
    QCJPQrW.jpg

4. Put the veggies and stir fry until cooked (5 mins). You can try to cover the pan in order to steam the vegetables, otherwise, stir frying as it is is fine.
    7id6P0D.jpg

5. Once the vegetables are cooked. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoon of topper (pesto, hummus, tomato sauce, etc). In this case I used Salsa. Mix.
    bXo4XDP.jpg

6. Let it cool down for a few minutes.

7. Chow down time! You can add starchy carbs (i.e. white rice) during post workout. Otherwise, you can eat it as it is. High calorie low carb meal. Enjoy!
    ldzPGPr.jpg

Quick, healthy and easy meal like a PRO! :lol
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    ^reps for you brah!
  • Uy Ghee! Bango niyan! Good job man.
  • emon02emon02 Posts: 700
    Muscle Chef! Wow!!! :jd:
    Thanks for dropping by guys. I'm just sharing what I learned from the S2B Coaching Program for the benefit of the the whole PBB community. :wink:

Anyway, here's my Muscle Breakfast for the day. I dropped the oatmeal and fruit as per coach instruction. Most of my carbs are reserved for the post workout meal.

vo2jMQ4.jpg
    Omelette on Roids :twitcy:
    - 6 whole eggs
    - 5ml coconut oil
    - 1 palm ground mutton
    - 1 fist chopped spinach
    - 1 fist fresh mushrooms
    - 1 slice cheddar cheese melted on top
    - 1/4 cup almonds (not shown)

Easy as pie 900+ calorie meal. Couldn't be more easier and fun like that, eh? :^^
  • kiddokiddo Posts: 117
    Nice sir. Try ko rin yan mga recipe mo pag may time. Laking tulong ng journal mo dito. Inspiring yun kwento mo at nag share ka pa ng mga knowledge/ideas mo. Good job sir.
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    @ riddler

bro, gawa ka kaya ng thread about meals cooking guide designed for bodybuilders ?

mukhang marami kang alam na variety sa meals

I believe you will agree me that variety is the key to maintaining a diet for life :)

thanks
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Lalo na sa chicken breast though i'm enjoying my spicy breaded chicken breast smothered in BBQ sauce lol
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    ^ sinabi mo pa, plain chicken breast gets old real fast :)

di kasi juicy ang part na yan

sa ngayon, pinapahiran ko muna ng cream cheese yung breast part para mas bearable kainin
    nrg500 wrote:
    @ riddler

bro, gawa ka kaya ng thread about meals cooking guide designed for bodybuilders ?

mukhang marami kang alam na variety sa meals

I believe you will agree me that variety is the key to maintaining a diet for life :)

thanks

As much as I'd love to do that, I prefer to post things here on my personal journal. I'm chronicling everything I learn from the program and I'd love to keep it only in one place.

Anyway, just follow the templates laid out on the muscle meals and you'll be good to go. It's no rocket science. All you have to do is mix and match for variety.

Take this for example:

I4cbx24.jpg

By following the same template of Muscle Dinner, I did the same cooking instructions. Just different veggies. Here, I used a 2 veggie combo, red cabbage and yellow bell peppper. Rinse and repeat.

RvrGYEw.jpg

For this one, I did a 3 veggie combo. Same template. I used zucchini, mushroom and red bell pepper. The possibilities are endless. All you have to do is be creative and experiment.

I have already given you the blueprint on how to make a good meal, now it's up to you to do your part. Go forth, take action, experiment and reap the benefits. :wink:

Just in case you fumbled to a great combo, come back here and share it. I would love to see what you guys can do in terms of variety. Aight?

PEACE OUT!
    Time for Muscle Lunch now!
    Muscle Lunch 101
    - 2-3 palms of lean meat
    - 2-3 fist green leafy veggies (spinach, kale, lettuce etc)
    - 1 fist other veggies (tomato, cucumber, peppers etc)
    - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    - 1/4 cup nuts
    - *1 piece fruit (banana, apple, mango etc)

Muscle Lunch is actually a salad with lean meat source and boatload of veggies together with healthy fats.

How do I do this? It's very simple. I usually prep all the ingredients for this one twice a week.
    d8R66NS.jpg
    Batch cooking the meat. In this case, chicken breasts marinated with salt and cayenne pepper.

KuD7e7u.jpg
    I also pre-shred/cut my veggies and store them on plastic containers. Mix and match different veggies. This one is a pre-shredded spinach.

DP6bdIt.jpg
    Toss all the ingredients to a 1 big jumbo salad bowl.
    - 250g grilled and sliced chicken breast
    - 2 fist spinach
    - 1 fist romaine lettuce
    - 1/2 fist red bell pepper
    - 1/2 cup chickpeas (garbanzos)
    - 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
    - 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
    - 3 cloves crushed garlic
    - 1/4 cup cashew nut (not shown)

HhdFf3a.jpg
    Shake, toss and mix. Add pepper and salt to taste. Chow time my friends!

There you go! A perfect chicken breast and vegetable salad dense with clean and nutritious calories! Perfect building block for lean mass. :^^
    Body Weight
    59 kg

Dynamic Warm Up (10-20 mins)
    - Foam Rolling
    - Stretching
    - Mobility Drills

LOWER BODY DAY 2
    DB Goblet Squat(3x10)
    - Work set: 55lb x 10 x 3

* Corrective exercise suggested by Coach Calvin.

1) Barbell Squat(4x5)
    - Warm up: 20kg x 8, 40kg x 6, 50kg x 4, 60kg x 2, 70kg x 1
    - Work set: 72.5kg x 5 x 4

* Weight was good. Form is tight. Ready to increase weight next time.

2)Barbell Lunges (3x6)
    - Work set: 45kg x 6 x 3 (per leg)

* Explosiveness is good. Form is good. Ready to increase weight next time.

3a) Single Lying Leg Curl (3x8)
    - Work set: 5kg x 8, 10kg x 8 x 3

* Still struggling with the right leg's lack of full ROM. Need to foam roll more to eliminate the knots.

3b) Cable Pull Through (3x12)
    - Work set: 45kg x 12 x 3

* Burn glutes baby burn together with the erector spinae.

4) Cable Crunch (3x12)
    - Work set: 75kg x 12, 80kg x 12, 85kg x 12

* Numbers with letters means doing the same group of exercise alternately until all the required sets are done then proceed to the next.

Last day for S2B Phase 3 workouts! One week active recovery starts tomorrow! After 12 weeks of torture, finally, a much needed rest for the joints and muscles. Phew!
    ACTIVE RECOVERY DAY 1

S2B Phase 3 workout ended yesterday so today is the start of a week long of ACTIVE RECOVERY. I'll keep the body moving and burning calories by doing some mobility drills and lightweight exercises to correct some imbalances and form. This is also a good time to address muscle tightness and knots so I will be doing additional foam rolling.

Body Weight
    59 kg

- Foam Rolling
    - Stretching
    - Mobility Drills

Squat Drills
    Goblet Squat, Prisoner Squat, Overhead Squat, Front Squat, Lateral Squat

Shoulder Mobility Drills
    Wall Slides, Scapular Push-ups, Suspension Trainer Push Ups, Shoulder Dislocations, Shoulder Internal/External Rotation

Thoracic Spine Drills
    Thoracic Spine Extension (Foam Rollers and laCrosse Balls)
    TOOLS OF THE TRADE

NGF1AZj.jpg

- Foam roller
    - 2 Self Myofascial Release and Deep Massage Ball
    - Wrist straps
    - Notebook (Workout Journal)
    - Lifting Gloves

Can't live without these things on my gym bag. Sometimes I also bring my Jungle Gym XT suspension trainer.

8t2Lrb9.jpg
    POWER OF FOOD

0diVL8I.jpg

Just wanted to share this image which really speaks for itself. Yes, you do train and bust your ass on the gym 3-4 times a week, for a total of 4-6 hours/week but sometimes fails to understand that you still have 162 hours (out of 168 hours/week) left to screw your results outside of the gym. REST, RECOVERY and FOOD plays a bigger role than you bustin' your ass on the gym.

YOU CANNOT OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET. Hard pill to swallow eh?

Just a thought. Here's another image to ponder.

6aJPDHE.png

PEACE OUT!
    ACTIVE RECOVERY DAY 2

Got lazy today and decided to just take it easy and relax for the whole day. A few stretching routines especially the hamstring (still sore from the last LOWER BODY DAY) and some foam rolling. Did a few push ups (2 secs eccentric, pause, explosive concentric) and that's it for the day. Haven't done much in terms of physical activity.
    ACTIVE RECOVERY DAY 3

Body Weight
    58.8 kg

- Foam Rolling
    - Stretching
    - Mobility Drills

Shoulder Mobility Drills
    Wall Slides, Scapular Push-ups, Shoulder Dislocations, Shoulder Internal/External Rotation

Thoracic Spine Drills
    Thoracic Spine Extension (Foam Rollers and laCrosse Balls)

Added a little bit of accessory exercises such as neutral grip pull-ups, chest dips, one arm db row and a little bit of treadmill brisk walk cardio (12 mins at 5km/h with 15% incline).
    12 weeks of S2B progress photo (left is before, right is current)

sAzr9J7.jpg
    Please don't ask me to pose naked right now because I'm not as confident as before. LOL

before : 55 kg at 13.7% body fat
    after : 59 kg at ??? body fat (please don't ask, i'm a fat ass right now. :twitcy:)

Gained around 4kg now but also lost my precious abs. Gained girth all over my body, stronger than ever and also a fatty ass. I know it's temporary and I wholeheartedly accept it. We are assured that it is really a part of the process and will be dealt later on.

Off to gym to do some mobility stuffs! PEACE OUT!
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    I feel you bro.... hahaha
    I feel you bro.... hahaha

Ang hirap lang kasi tanggapin minsan eh. You worked hard for those damn abs, tapos saglit lang, wala na ulit. LOL

Anyway, it's a hard pill to swallow yet still chose to do it in order to move forward. Thanks for dropping by bro. Appreciate it. :^^ACTIVE RECOVERY DAY 4

Body Weight
    58.8 kg

- Foam Rolling
    - Stretching
    - Mobility Drills

Treadmill Brisk Walk
    18 minutes - 5 km/hr - 15% incline

* Easier than it sounds. I was badly gasping for air after the 15 minute mark.

Heath wise, I am currently down at the moment. I am having some asthma symptoms again after being dormant for over 15 years now. Shit really happens! =(
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Dont worry, you'll get them back. You wont improve if you see them all the time hehe. When i dont worry about abs that's when i get better overall :)
    Muscle Dinner for today
    A2CwVz0.jpg
    - 2 tbsp ghee
    - 300g marinated (cayenne pepper and salt) chicken breast fillet
    - 2 fist cabbage
    - 1 fist red bell pepper
    - 2 tbsp salsa

High calorie and low carb dinner. Kain tayo! :^^
    Hi brah! How much do you spend in a day for the foods kahit average lang. Since I'm cutting na gonna be using some of your muscle meals(they really look damn sexy!) eh and gonna go to the supermarket to curl some cabbages hehehe.
    monching11 wrote:
    Hi brah! How much do you spend in a day for the foods kahit average lang. Since I'm cutting na gonna be using some of your muscle meals(they really look damn sexy!) eh and gonna go to the supermarket to curl some cabbages hehehe.

I don't usually compute my daily expenses bro. I restock weekly. Typically, my grocery bill is around in the 2k-3k range. Take note, I'm here in Saudi Arabia and food here is on the expensive side compared diyan. Kung nandiyan ako sa pinas, I'm thinking around 1.5k-2k weekly would suffice.

Planning is critical if you want to succeed with your muscle meals. Prepare your ingredients in advance para mas mabilis ang pagluluto. I usually marinate (dinner) and grill (lunch) whole week's worth of meat. Then also pre-shred most of my veggies for the whole week. It makes it easier and manageable.

Goodluck!
    I know brah, that is where I fail when preparing my food. I should marinate and cut all the shit that needs to be cut beforehand. Now I read your tips about putting them in containers and whatnots I think by adjusting all the controllable factors I am a step closer to my goal.

Mas mahal pala food sa saudi? didn't know that. Thanks for the info brah
    monching11 wrote:
    Mas mahal pala food sa saudi? didn't know that. Thanks for the info brah

Kung fast foods, mas mura dito. No contest.

If you will eat cleanly though, that's a different story. Vegetables costs a fortune here. Even chicken breast, around 500-600+ just for 2kg, frozen pa yun, hindi fresh. I usually buy in bulk, abang abang ng sale, tapos stock lang sa fridge. Luckily, I have a big fridge here that could contain almost 2 weeks worth of food. I do have 6kg of frozen chicken breast fillet sitting on my fridge right now. :lol
    well, bigla ko lang naisip mas mahal food diyan pero mas mataas naman ang sweldo jan so parehas lang baka siguro kung i-compare sa pilipinas rate mas mura pa din heheheh.

Veggies are no contest din kung mahal, knowing the condition jan hehehe.
    ACTIVE RECOVERY DAY 5

Body Weight
    58.3 kg

Had some knee pain when I woke up this morning. Bummer. Anyway, I took it easy today. Relaxed at home, played Borderlands 2 all day long. Visited the gym briefly and did some pull-ups. Some foam rolling here and there. That's it!

PEACE OUT!
  • redred Posts: 753
    Nice journal bro! Ganda ng preparation sa food! Respect!
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    riddler wrote:
    TOOLS OF THE TRADE

NGF1AZj.jpg

- Foam roller
    - 2 Self Myofascial Release and Deep Massage Ball
    - Wrist straps
    - Notebook (Workout Journal)
    - Lifting Gloves

Can't live without these things on my gym bag. Sometimes I also bring my Jungle Gym XT suspension trainer.

8t2Lrb9.jpg

That's a nice foam roller you got there, i like the camouflage color hehehe.