Xerophytes Journey

2»

Comments

• @t4g4y said:
    Chest dips is one of my favorites during chest day. Maybe you dont do it very often papi?

I just hate it lol.

• @xerophytes said:

Took this test in the office, I got a failing score. :(

• @cheesmack said:

@xerophytes said:

Took this test in the office, I got a failing score. :(

The good news is that it is not the final exam.

• Sir Question,

I saw in your Instagram your remarkable transformation

• How long did it take you to someone who competes?
    • Do you have a trainer? Or you just started with a group of friends in the gym?

• How do you set your goals in terms of the competition? Is it also a mind game for you about enforcing discipline to yourself?

Thank you.

• delalvarez wrote: »
    Sir Question,

I saw in your Instagram your remarkable transformation
    - How long did it take you to someone who competes?
    - Do you have a trainer? Or you just started with a group of friends in the gym?

* How do you set your goals in terms of the competition? Is it also a mind game for you about enforcing discipline to yourself?

Thank you.

I have a coach who handles my nutrition and workout plan. I started with him about 3 years ago with the objective of competing.

Before that I do it in my own. Back then, I dont really look horrible but because I don't know what it takes to get into a competition ready state, I looked for a coach. Also, another reason why I get one is accountability. I need someone who I can check in to, to make sure I am progressing.

It took me a year to get myself set up to get my body ready for brutal prep. This means, you need to set everything up well - metabolism working fine, and your body can reap all the benefit of either cutting or bulking. Another most important aspect is getting your personal routine pinned down. Erratic schedule aint going to work like random eating out, random party, excessive overtime, frequent unexpected trips. Sleeping pattern needs to be in check too. You need to maximize your recovery. Digestion is another thing. After he have set me everything well, and my situation was conducive for competition, we decided to go for it. First prep took me about 3-4 months to get into a competitive state. I did men's physique. After that, I decided to do another one 3 months later. My first comp was August. Second comp was November. This mean it's half a year of prepping. Because I got myself a good routine, I did not feel as bad as what people were saying. Hunger was not terrible. I did however feel some cravings and all you can do is avoid them.

Mind games differ from people to people. Some can't really do it. In my case, I'm quite OCD so I stay very much on track.
  • thank you. that's helpful...
    :)

• Agent_stiffAgent_stiff Posts: 45
    edited February 2018

Unfortunately, it's hard to find good coach here in our country. :(

Nagpaturo ako ng deadlift form before sa isang coach/trainer. Hindi niya inexplain paano ang proper execution, pinakita niya lang sa akin. When I performed the deadlift I asked bakit masakit sa lower back. Sinabi niya lang mag bend pa daw ako then umalis na siya. Nag aral na lang ako ng mga proper forms sa youtube. :(

Post edited by Agent_stiff on
  • Unfortunately, it's hard to find good coach here in our country. :(

Nagpaturo ako ng deadlift form before sa isang coach/trainer. Hindi niya inexplain paano ang proper execution, pinakita niya lang sa akin. When I performed the deadlift I asked bakit masakit sa lower back. Sinabi niya lang mag bend pa daw ako then umalis na siya. Nag aral na lang ako ng mga proper forms sa youtube. :(

I was fortunate to have worked in states and Im still the client of my current coach. I dont have a one to one in person coach for training.
  • Here in Korea its a bit expensive. they only offer 1X1 training which costs around 2700 per session and you need to buy 20 session to avail his services, not to mention we have some language barrier. hehe!

anyway, let's see what can I do with what I have.

btw, do you have a cheat day during your training?
    or when did you ever have a cheat day? lol

• delalvarez wrote: »
    Here in Korea its a bit expensive. they only offer 1X1 training which costs around 2700 per session and you need to buy 20 session to avail his services, not to mention we have some language barrier. hehe!

anyway, let's see what can I do with what I have.

btw, do you have a cheat day during your training?
    or when did you ever have a cheat day? lol

Thats not what I was looking for anyway. Most of the personal training IMO are not useful at least for me. My bar is always high with that. You can't be my trainer if I look better than you.

My coach is an IFBB and very knowledgeable. Always learning too.

Cheat day? He will prescribe me free day or free meals. But not always. However, we acknowledge that there are things that are out of your control and I was long enough with him to know how to regulate.
  • Great great!!! thank you once again! :)

• xerophytesxerophytes Posts: 130
    edited February 2018
    Eat eat eat puro ako eat haha. Bakasyon eh sa boracay lol.

Post edited by xerophytes on
  • Rest day today.

Came back from vacation last Tuesday. Workout on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tuesday - Back and biceps.
    Wednesday - Chest and triceps.

Winding down today, getting ready for tomorrow's leg day.

Strength up after all the food. Still feeling good tho. :)

• Yesterday's workout:

One Arm DB row
    10/10/8/8 reps = 30/35/37.5/40 kg

Rev grip Lat Pulldown (2s contraction, slow eccentric)
    10/10/8/8 reps = went up to 160lbs

Wide rev grip partial deadlift (slow eccentric)
    3 sets of 5 reps = 199 lbs

Superset
    DB Biceps Curl, slow eccentric, 2s contraction (8, 8, 6, 6) - 7.5kg to 12.5kg
    Alt Hammer Curl (12, 12, 10, 10 reps) -7.5kg to 12.5kg

One Arm DB biceps curl, 8 reps then 2 reps of slow eccentric. 30 s rest in between sets. 3 sets. - 7.5kg

• xerophytesxerophytes Posts: 130

Haven't put any update but...

I really hate my lower body now. Consulted a PT and have my mobility/strength checked and basically the diagnosis is that my glutes and quads are not firing properly, my hamstring are tight AF - all three of which are what I expected is happening, which causes my lower body to compensate in a lot of my lower body movements. Been suffering it for awhile and I have a chiro before to check with and repair. But now I don't have my chiro so not really sure what to do. I was told that I just need activation therapy to wake up my glutes and quads muscles.