Whey Protein thread

Comments

• allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Naitanong mo ba sa ON or Dymatize distribution ng blend nila?
  • IMO, di nako magbabother sa prop blend ng isang shake, rather check the ingredient itself (does it contain an ingredient that they claim to be part of protein profile where it shouldn't be? ehem Glutamine, ehem Taurine).

Also, I think it's stupid to ask the company about their products' content (as if namang papansinin ka nila, unless mag mala-Jason Blaha ka).

cheers
    ^Kaya nga eh, un nga point ko. At kung pansinin ka nila hindi pa din nila ibibigay yun, bat pa sila nag prip blend kung sasabihin din naman nila di ba?

And malalaman mo lang kung effective ang product once na masubukan mo for a while (provided training and nutrition is good).
  • kehoekehoe Posts: 161
    allen101 wrote:
    ^Kaya nga eh, un nga point ko. At kung pansinin ka nila hindi pa din nila ibibigay yun, bat pa sila nag prip blend kung sasabihin din naman nila di ba?

And malalaman mo lang kung effective ang product once na masubukan mo for a while (provided training and nutrition is good).

I agree to this.
  • VestaxVestax Posts: 67
    There are other whey protein products na spiked ang protein, karamihan ay amino acids galing and, hindi sya 100% galing sa whey. May lawsuit na nga ang body fortress whey protein dahil dyan.

Other "protein spiked" whey products are MuscleTech 100% Whey and Mutant whey.

http://romanoroberts.com.mx/protein-spiking-class-action-lawsuit-body-fortress-whey-on-the-chopping-block/
    ^Sumali ka ba sa conversation namin or nag open ka ng topic mo?
  • spyghostspyghost Posts: 14
    me mga fake ba na on? or tipong me halo?

how would one know kung legit ang seller specially in olx for example...

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/gold+standard+whey+protein
  • fatmonkeyfatmonkey Posts: 308
    spyghost wrote:
    me mga fake ba na on? or tipong me halo?

how would one know kung legit ang seller specially in olx for example...

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/gold+standard+whey+protein

Sir olx buyer ako... I'm not also sure kung fake o hindi binibili ko but I'm buying dun sa mga legit seller and Im reading feedbacks. . I tried BCGW at Supplement Warehouse.
  • phottixphottix Posts: 22
    Hi, just ordered promatrix 7 and muscletech whey, hope i choose the right brand of supplement.
  • 197lbs197lbs Posts: 331
    sa panahon ngayon di mo na alam pati "reputable" brands puro filler pala tsk!
    finally able to try muscle tech whey and promotrix, ok naman yung taste, the promatrix has this rough tasting .
  • Ok1m_Ok1m_ Posts: 50
    IMO, di nako magbabother sa prop blend ng isang shake, rather check the ingredient itself (does it contain an ingredient that they claim to be part of protein profile where it shouldn't be? ehem Glutamine, ehem Taurine).

Also, I think it's stupid to ask the company about their products' content (as if namang papansinin ka nila, unless mag mala-Jason Blaha ka).

cheers

Well, if you know who to talk to or do some proper research you'll get the info that you need :) Also, don't need to ask everytime. If you know how to read labels you'll somehow figure out if what you're buying is good even if you don't know the blend. With regards to asking the company, of course you don't talk to the reps. You talk to someone who knows someone. If you're resourceful you'll get what you're looking for.

Anyway, you seem to know your stuff. Good luck on your supplementation!

Peace!
    guys, just wondering since there are a lot of whey protein powder, what would you consider the best or maybe top 5 best whey protein. (in terms of quality, effectiveness (?) , and taste). im currently using promatrix 7 (chocolate) and Muscle tech whey plus(strawberry).
    Quality, Effective,but a bit pricey:

1.Ultimate Nutrition Prostar Whey
    2.ON Gold Standard
    3.Dymatize Elite Whey

These are always my top 3.

Quality and affordable: Budget friendly
    4.Promatrix 7

Taste and nothing else. Nothing much to say lol
    5.Syntha 6
    hahaha, my nexy plan is to get a syntha 6, since i heard their protein are one of the best tasting. tnx allen
  • phottix wrote:
    hahaha, my nexy plan is to get a syntha 6, since i heard their protein are one of the best tasting. tnx allen

Bro, try mo mag blend ng whey + banana :P sobrang sarap talaga...
  • JiggamanJiggaman Posts: 156
    trawetz12 wrote:
    phottix wrote:

Bro, try mo mag blend ng whey + banana :P sobrang sarap talaga...

I agree sarap niyan! Here's my recipe:

1 frozen banana
    2 scoops of whey protein (choco)
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    2 tablespoons of instant oatmeal
    8 ounces of non fat milk
    4 ounces of water
    a handful of ice cubes

Busog at sarap! Yan ang usual post workout ko or pag napadami ang kain, dinner ko.
    i currently using shaker, i guess time to look for a good blender. also pm7 is not that easy to mix in a shaker.
  • phottix wrote:
    i currently using shaker, i guess time to look for a good blender. also pm7 is not that easy to mix in a shaker.

eto nga bro naghahanap hanap ako ng mura na juicer. Mix it up then blend and go na hehe.. pwdemo na inumin sa lalagyan cheers
    d8e957b49e02.jpg
    ive been looking for that blender. magkano po yan? ive seen a lot selling in lazada, (forgot the price) but read few reviews and some user said yung motor just gave up or madaling masira.
  • ang price range niya ay Php600 - 1000 siguro pag mas mahal mas maganda or mas matibay.
  • just new here in PBB

hingi lang advise mga bossing ano mas prefer niyo in terms of taste and quality:

-ON Gold standard
    -GNC Whey Protein
    -Impact Whey Protein (Tobys)
    -MusclePharm Combat
    -Dymatize Whey

im into biking and running for a year now. start ako mag gym for toning muscles at weight loss. itake ko whey after those activities and meal replacement pag dinner na.
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    heisenberg wrote:
    just new here in PBB

hingi lang advise mga bossing ano mas prefer niyo in terms of taste and quality:

-ON Gold standard
    -GNC Whey Protein
    -MusclePharm Combat
    -Dymatize Whey

im into biking and running for a year now. start ako mag gym for toning muscles at weight loss. itake ko whey after those activities and meal replacement pag dinner na.

for me, sa taste is ung muclepharm combat. ok din naman ung profile.

sa quality, protein is protein. nagkakatalo lang yan sa kung gano kadami ang ite take mo. pero sa binigay mong sample, gold standard at dymatize ang gusto ko
  • heisenberg wrote:
    just new here in PBB

-ON Gold standard
    -GNC Whey Protein
    -MusclePharm Combat
    -Dymatize Whey

For me ON Gold Standard and Dymatize Whey. siguro ung mga hndi ko nabanggit eh pwede mo imix ung whey sa fruits, milk, etc. tapos iblender mo :P
  • fatmonkeyfatmonkey Posts: 308
    Sir if you want to consider Cellucor Whey (25g protein, 130 calorie) ... taste great din, medyo mahal nga lang. 1.5k for 2lbs. :jd:
  • Salamat sa inputs mga bro. Sabi ng tropa, makakatulong ang whey protein to recover faster after long ride of biking and running.

Isa sa napansin ko ng magworkout ako specifically sa legs/calves. Mas lumakas ako pumadyak sa bike. Doing some deadlift, squats, dumbell lunges, bentover row...etc.

Isearch ko yun Cellucor Whey.
  • just finished 1bag PM7 and Muscletech whey +, plan to buy ON double chocolate 5lbs, and another 4/5lbs whey not sure which one to buy , my options is BSN Syntha-6 isolate 4lbs 2,850, nitrotech 4lbs 3,000 or Dymathize whey 5lbs (not sure how much)
  • Ang Musclepharm Combat Powder kaya mahal kasi meron siyang halong casein and other stuff diba? If I remember correctly, Promatrix 7 ay similar din sa benefits except half the price. Mutant Whey on the other hand e purely whey lang, walang casein or those time release stuff.

Personally, I like MP specially Triple Berry flavor pero parang wala na gaanong nag iimport ng brand na ito compared sa ON at iba pa
  • just bought my 2nd pm7, considering to buy another 5lb whey, was thinking of getting syntha 6, but the price is a bit high, other than that serving per container is way less than counter part. 2nd option if to get a 4lb Mp combat 2,500 or mutant whey not sure the price sa amin. so which would i get mutant whey or combat?
  • phottix wrote:
    just bought my 2nd pm7, considering to buy another 5lb whey, was thinking of getting syntha 6, but the price is a bit high, other than that serving per container is way less than counter part. 2nd option if to get a 4lb Mp combat 2,500 or mutant whey not sure the price sa amin. so which would i get mutant whey or combat?

mutant whey ka na lang, it's 3700 10lbs. 2300 5lbs. (CnC) or muscletech 100% premium whey plus 2400 5lbs (CnC). booth have bcaa's, glutamine and more. mas trustworthy pa kay sa pm7.