Whey Protein thread

Comments

• thanks bro.

removed my edited query.
    di na kasama ON sa choices ko.
    nagmamanhid and kumakapal yung face ko.
    will go back to Met Rx na lang.
  • mga sir

tanong ko lang. ano pinagka iba ng mass gainer sa whey protein?
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    boss_chado wrote:
    mga sir

read label.

mass gainer = calories
    whey = protein
  • boss_chado wrote:
    mga sir

read label.

mass gainer = calories
    whey = protein

thank you sir dalton now i know im stick to whey protein not on mass gainer
    more calories pala ang mass gainer...
  • pcbrodpcbrod Posts: 16
    hi po newbie here, ask lang po kung pwede ko po ba gamitin yung scoop ng on GS whey sa pm7? tia :)
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    pcbrod wrote:
    hi po newbie here, ask lang po kung pwede ko po ba gamitin yung scoop ng on GS whey sa pm7? tia :)

oo, kahit anong scoop ng other brands n whey (wag lang yung sa mass gainers kasi parang tabo yun. minimal lang naman ang difference in grams ng mga scoops :)
  • pcbrodpcbrod Posts: 16
    pcbrod wrote:

oo, kahit anong scoop ng other brands n whey (wag lang yung sa mass gainers kasi parang tabo yun. minimal lang naman ang difference in grams ng mga scoops :)

Paubos na po kasi on gs ko planing to buy next week ng pm7 sabi nila wala daw po scooper yun buti na lang pede pala gamiting yun sa on gs. Thanks very much sir. :)
  • bundesheerbundesheer Posts: 208
    Nagtry na din ako ng ibat ibang brand ng whey protein and mostly ay tinitingnan ko ung protein content per scoop at syempre ung lasa na din kse pag di ko type ang lasa ay tinatapon ko or binibigay ko sa mga kakilala ko sa gym.
    Heres my list
    BSN Syntha6- okay ang lasa pero bloated ako after i take at minsan nasusuka , meron syang ingredients na ayaw ko din,eto ung Sunflower oil na ginagamit sa pagpiprito dito.Ang 30 grams /scoop ay 23 g of protein lang
    Ironmaxx Whey Isolate-masarap din lalo na ang chocolate flavor,madaling ihalo sa water at patok sa panlasa pero a little bit expensive and besides,sabi ng seller ay mas may tiwala daw sya sa US products kesa German products .
    SciTech Zero Whey Isolate ( zero carbs and zero fats)- the most expensive Whey Protein i ve ever bought.it cost me 40 euros for a 900 grams of protein,nde pa umaabot ng 15 days ay ubos na so no choice but to look another brand .
    BIOTECH USA Whey Isolate-dito ako nagtagal at eto na ung iniinom ko until present,okay naman ang lasa at mataas ang protein content niya.25grams/scoop is 21 grams of protein ang content and binibigyan ako ng 15% discount ng Seller if i buy 2kg of it.
    Happy naman ako sa results although later ko lang nalaman na ung 1:1 na ratio of protein and bodyweight ay in lbs pala at nde kg.lol
    Kaya pala bagal ng muscle growth ko pero this past few days ay binago ko na ang protein intake ko and hopefully ay magkaron ng positive results.
  • FlorianFlorian Posts: 55
    My meaning about some Proteins and Weight Gainers
    (pls. Notice this is my meaning.. you can read about my theorie and build your own meaning....)

The world of supplents is full of useless "tae":P... my expericen showed me that the brands with the biggest promotion and discriptions like "hardcore" "super hardcore" "brutal super mega hardcore" etc. are useless.
    Exemple: Weiders Hardcore Whey
    Lets have a look on the nutritional facts:
    50% is pure, cheap caned sugar!!!! The biggest part of the rest is cheap protein (whey concentre or milk protein (milk powder!!) and a bit egg protein.
    What coast 1 kg. of sugar? less than 1 USD right? What coast 1 Kg. of this Whey?... yes you know what mean.:policeman:

An other overrated protein is ON Gold Standart.... the price is too high for the quality. Dont get me wrong. Iam a big Fan of ON.... the most of their Products are pretty good or just awesome (my personal meaning).. but Gold Standart is not a pure Isolate!!! Its a mix between Isolate and Milk concentre!!!! A cheap form of Whey. But you pay the price of a pure Whey!!!!!!!!

An other thing that i dont like are Gainers... (the most of them are pure caned sugar or fructose!!!!!!!)... wasted money. A good Gainer haves many high quality protein (Whey, Micellear Cassein, Egg Protein, fast and Long chained Carbos (Vitargo, Isomalt etc) and the most important of all... healthy fats like MCT, CLA !!!!! A sugar Bomb is a guarantee for a Diabetes and wasted money.

If you think you need a Weight Gainer make your own.....

- 1 Scoop Whey
    - 1 Scoop Cassein
    - 2 dl Coconutmilk or Coconutcream (pure)
    - 1 ripe Banana

you can put all in a Blender or eat the Banana with the shake. If you dont like Coconutmilk you can eat some Almonds or Nuts (exemple Walnuts) to your shake.

If you need fast carbo after a hard workout..... eat rice or a bit white bred... in worst case put some Sugar in your shake... its not more healthy but cheaper than a Weight Gainer from the supplement Market.

I wont advice you my favourite Whey Protein Shakes.... that depents on your taste and personal goals.... but if you plan to buy a good product watch for this:

- 100% Whey Isolate (drink that only with water and without fat.. fat makes the protein slow (good for overnight or during the day shakes) but not good after teh workout or in the morning... then you need a fast protein shake.. Whey Isolate with Water (see that the Shake dont have Sugar and Fat (less than 2%)

- 100% Micellear Cassein (over night or during the day)

- puure Egg Protein (if you like the taste and if you wont eat eggs)

Thats all what you need. If you like some Matrix, watch well the nutrional facts.. i dont trust products where is not clear visible how many % of each protein is inside.

Be Carefull with Carnivor (Beef Isolate).. there is Collagen inside in the Beef is not worth to get called meat..... in facts even a dog wouldnt eat this parts of the cow.... its the liver, bones and other parts.. but believe.... NO STEAK !!! And Collagen is nothing healhy in food supplements.. collagen is in facial creams. I wouldnt advice you to drink this product....

Iam also not a fan of soy protein, hemp protein etc.... all vegan proteins force your oestrogen and they place water between your skin...

if somebody is other meaning.. iam sorry.. i wont hurt you or tell you that you are wrong... do what ever you want... i wrote already.. this is my meaning and experience.. you can mind about that.. or forget it :-) peace.....
    Hey du Florian,what brand of Whey protein do u take? Any recommendation?do uknow the brand Scitech,Ironmaxx,Biotech,Dymatize?Which one is better?and which is better a preworkout supplement powder or bcaa powder?ive tried pump pre Wo but i dont like it because of DOMS and tried also 1MR but its too strong for me,my heart palpitates and i cant breath afterwards,i havent try the bcaa powder yet and they say u can take it during WO,at present,im taking amino acid syrup before WO,what brand of creatine do u take?is it in tablet form or powder form?I know its expensive in schweiz and most Filipinos there are crossing boarder to Germany just to buy stocks of foods in Supermarket but the value of Swissfranc is more stabil than Euro and the range of salary there is much higher than its neighboring country.
    well.. which one is the best.... it depents a bit on your taste.... the best quality is (my meaning)

1.) VP2 from AST (google it) (Best Nutrition Facts, highest Quality of Protein)
    2.) ISO-WHEY Dynamtize
    3.) Iso Cool from Ultimate Nutrition
    4.) 100% Whey from Ultimate Nutrition
    5.) Professional Whey or Whey Isolate from Scitech (Best Price / Quality / Taste)

you can order direkt in the USA (exemple iherb.com) but be carefull from the custom!! There are some coasts and maybe problems waiting on you.
    Or you can order here www.bodylab24.de

Pre Workoutbooster:

Dont use Pre Workoutbooster with DMA , Yohimbine, Rauwolscine and other harmfull indicrets. My fav. Booster is NARC from GN. Its a pretty expensive Booster but there is quality stuff inside. You will be focused and pumped but not nervous like from 1MR or Jack3D, Noxplode etc (Advice: Mix 1 Scoop with 15g Vitargo.. awesome pump!!)

Creatin:
    i use Kre-akalyne from EFX or Pyruvate from GN

BCAA:
    Drink Amino-X from BSN your will love it.
    Thanks bro,i will try nxt month the dymatize isowhey and amino x ,cant find a store here that sell vp2 thats why im clinging to ur 2nd choice and ich überlege noch if ill buy narc because i have schlafstörungen and thats my problem eversince. Vielen dank.
    if you have a bad insomnia dont use any pre-workoutbooster !!! Then try NARC PUMP (almost same as NARC, but without any stimulants) or just make your own stack: Creatine, Arginin and L-Orthinin

dont forget to drink Whey isolate only with water and on empty stomach. If you eat some fats with your shake you will release the protein slowly. But the benefit of Isolate is a super fast absorbation.
    Thanks for the prompt reply florian,is it safe if i take pre WO supplement at the same time BCAA? I mean pre WO supplement before WO and BCAA and Whey isolate after WO?
    As of present,im inventing my own protein shake gainer,thats how i call it because i put 2 scoop of Whey iso in a blender with 200 ml of lactose free milk,2 tablespoon of greek yogurt,1 tablespoon of almond nuts,,100 grams of wheat cereals ,and fruits(Grapes or melon or banana or strawberries) it depends what available in the kitchen and a little portion of crushed ice and water.I divide it in 2 portion ,i drink it one hour before goin to gym and after the training. I make sure also that i have protein rich foods in my meals and i take 12g of amino acids in liquid form everyday.
    Do u think its enough or do i have to add some more supplements?like fish oil,glutamine,magnesium?I think supplements here are much cheaper than in your place .
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    " 1.) VP2 from AST (google it) (Best Nutrition Facts, highest Quality of Protein) "

^^ +1 to that protein supp!
    your own "gainer shake" sounds good and delicieus... BUT PLEASE NOT DIRECT AFTER THE WORKOUT. The fats in your shake will realease the prothein synthes very very very slow. Your shake is perfekt as "over night" or "during the day" shake.

After your Workout your need super fast proteins... Whey Isolate or Whey WITH WATER.... if you want with some fast Carbos (Sugar, VITARGO, Maltodextrine), but without any fats. I would advice you to take a scoop of Whey with Water direkt after the Workout. Shour Shake is good 1-2 hours before workout or before you go to bed. In this case you could replace the Whey with Cassein.... it would make your shake to an awesome "over night" shake. But in this case reduce the Carbo Part (Wheat Cereals and fruits).

you can take a pre-worktout supplement (if you really need it) and BCAA. Thats not a Porblem. Honestly the most Pre-Workout Supplements dont have a lot of BCAA inside.

Each supplement can help you... but mind about if you really need it or not. The most qualitative Whey Shakes haves already a lot of Glutamin inside. If you plane to stack them with L-Gluthamine, plese use only 5 gramms additional. (or it would be wasted).

Magnesium, Vitamins etc are helpfull... i take Animal Pack twice a day... there is all inside what i need. During the constest days i drink up to 8 Liters of Water. During this time i need additional Magnesium to refill my savings.... i buy a cheap supplement in the supermarket for that.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    What does magnesium do?
    the most use it against cramps.....
    (in the diet and hydration time you will go often to the toilet (making ihi).. then you will loose a lot of minerals.. .about that its important to refill them with some suppluments)

and its also important for your imune system.[/font]
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    nosebleed...... :arghh: :banghead:
  • LifeHackLifeHack Posts: 37
    hi guys, i'm planning to switch from ON to PM7 kasi mas swak sa budget...ask ko lng dba ang PM7 hnd siya pure whey unlike sa ON GS? ano po ba ang difference sa pure at hindi pure na whey ?
  • RayKriegRayKrieg Posts: 577
    Pro Matrix 7 vs Just Whey

Whey protein is quickly absorbed into the blood stream causing an anabolic effect. Yet, the effects of whey are short lived as the blood amino acid levels of whey only last for a short period of time. Promatrix 7 proprietary protein blend contains more of the biologically active protein fractions not found in whey isolates alone and offers a protein combination found to be responsible for short and long-acting anabolic and anti-catabolic properties necessary for proper growth and repair.

:)
  • dskinnydudedskinnydude Posts: 176
    I think all whey protein is the same, it just differs from the absorption. As long as you hit your daily protein intake, you're still good.
    Thanks for the quick response guys, another question, pwede po ba gamitin yung scoop ng ON? Or dapat talaga 3 tbsp. ung servings as stated?
  • RayKriegRayKrieg Posts: 577
    @Lifehack Pwede rin naman. Nakita ko dati na 30+ g ang serving size ng ON and 35g ang sa PM7
    Thanks @RayKrieg ... lipat na ko sa PM7 haha ang mahal kasi ng ON, hindi budget friendly..
  • miserymisery Posts: 157
    sino po dto nakagamit na ng pm7(strawberry flavor)? ano pong lasa nya? I'm planning to buy pm7 kasi at ayan lang daw ang available sa cnc. TIA :sport:
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    misery wrote:
    sino po dto nakagamit na ng pm7(strawberry flavor)? ano pong lasa nya? I'm planning to buy pm7 kasi at ayan lang daw ang available sa cnc. TIA :sport:

read mo yung last comment sa thread na ito :) at sa kanya ka na rin bumili may delivery din sya
    http://pinoybodybuilding.com/Thread-FS-Promatrix-7-Cainta-Ortigas-Pasig-Area?page=15
  • raymond29raymond29 Posts: 65
    Mga sir cno ba may empty tub ng whey jan 5lbs? Bilhin ko na lang. Paglalagyan ko lang ng promatrix 7 ko. PM me pls. Tnx.
  • kaya bang lumaki ng whey protein lang ang gamit and kain lang. walang amino or other supplements. tnx..
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Kaya nga ng pagkain at training lang eh.