-CORE JOURNAL-

Comments

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    dibin wrote:
    what is weight and height ratio ??????

Ummm... BMI, I think?
    monching11 wrote:
    ..."Ngayon natural na sunod ka pa sa gusto nila kasi galing pa sa kanila lahat"...

Thanks for reminding me that^
    I guess life's like that!
    allen101 wrote:
    ^ Unga, itake advantage mo na lang din muna yung libreng bahay, libreng pagkain, libreng groceries.
    Kasi pag bumukod ka na, lahat pera mo na gagamitin mo haha

You got that one on the first statement! FREE STUFF BEYBEH! Hahaha... [size=x-small](Sooner or later, I'm gonna miss these things)[/size][align=right]*Just got home from workout next town;
    dinner atm, logs afterwards, late-night programming later [size=x-small](<this will not be good, but I have to)[/size]...
    [/align]
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Ako tuwang tuwa ako nung nag asawa na ko kasi naluluto ko kung anong gusto ko lutuin, may choice ako mamili ng pagkain, unlike siyempre dati sa bahay ng nanay ko e kung ano ulam namin yun lang, pag di ko trip ulam wala ako karapatan magreklamo, d naman ako bumili nun e at di naman kami mayaman para makapag demand ako, at limitado din kain ko kasi madami pa kaming kakain.

Kaso ayun lang ako na lahat ngbabayad ultimo bandaid dati lahat libre pag lalabas pa ko may mahihingi pa ko pera lol
    LOL. Isa talaga akong malaking kahihiyan! Bente anyos na'ko at boil and fry pa rin ako pagdating sa kusina!
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    eventually you need to decide and do whatever you want kasi pag naging tatay ka na or head ng pamilya you call the shots so start practicing na hehehehehe.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    dati ganyan din ako brah, nung palamunin pa ko!

ngayon, nagrereklamo pa rin.. Maawa naman daw sa pagkain ko sa bahay...
    [align=center]-WEEK 10-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 329 [size=x-small](December 10, 2013)[/size]
    Evening. Sa may bakal gym sa Binmaley... Jearic Fitness Gym.
    UPDATE two days after actual day of the workout.
    The gym is now offering CrossFit... and floor foams.
    [align=center]Pendlay Row Attempts @ 180lbs(82kg)
    974g8k.jpg
    'New item unlocked!'
    Half-inch thick Hard Foam...
    [size=x-small](Pull DL's with ease without having to disrupt fellow ironmen from loud bang!)[/size]
    [/align]

Low Bar Squats - 235lbsx5x3 x6, x6, x6, 130lbsx8x1 x10x1 [RESTS: 2-2½min]
    Standing Overhead Press - 100lbsx5x3 x6, x6, x5 55lbsx8x1 60lbsx10x1 [RESTS: 1½-4min]
    Romanian Deadlift (Mixed Grip) - 265lbsx5x3 x6, x6, x6, 200lbsx8x1 x10x1 [RESTS: 3min]
    Pendlay Rows - 180lbsx5x3, 100lbsx8x1 x10x1 [RESTS: 2-3½min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 185lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min]
    Standing Calf Raise [MAX stack: 200lbs] - stackx14x4 [RESTS: 1½-2½min]

Onset of DOMS on lower back and calves happened two days later. Weird, for it usually happen day after.
    Updated from Robinson Calasiao Food Court, might hit my workout on nearby No Limits Gym or ECG Muscleflex Gym next town...
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    WTF di ka ba natetano jan brad imba kalawang
    Hindi pa naman. Pagnag-PR sa DL lang ako magkakaproblema kapag makalawang ang ginamit ko, gasgasan sa shins at tuhod!
    [align=center]-WEEK 11-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 331 [size=x-small](December 12, 2013)[/size]
    Afternoon. Sa may bakal gym sa Calasiao... Golden Quest Fitness Gym(Calasiao Branch).
    Ate 4 boiled eggs prior going to gym.

Jeepney ride to Calasiao Junction from Robinsons Calasiao, San Miguel, then another ride to Poblacion, Calasiao. I fear, ECG Muscleflex Gym is in its peak hour by this time. I don't want to gamble and waste time waiting for someone to finished up the plates and take my turn. Had already some background with place twice from last year's visit. So I navigated myself here easily and head down to No Limi- [size=x-small](LOL, wut?)[/size] Golden Quest Fitness Gym. What the fuck did happened around here?

Same place. Same gym. Same plates. Same machines.
    But the gym was formerly known No Limits Gym, with proprietor Sonny Cornel Pangilinan. Also a judge on some comps here in Pangasinan, a competitive bodybuilder himself. The name now was transferred up to new location near a 7/11 Convenience Store nearby.

I noticed some equipments can be oriented in powerlifting meets namely that one squat rack and some plates marked in kg. Majority of the plates are York, Weider[size=x-small](LOL, old-school irony!)[/size] and Pro-Gym. With all five flat barbell benches, only two wides are conducive for bench presses applied with powerlifting technique. But being said, the other wide has broken bench and was placed over a sliding foam. So one must put a weight to keep it sliding up and the legs from being tight. The built-in pull-up bar in cable station also allows neutral grip pulls. Which cable stations of most local gyms here so far I've covered don't have. A problem that could arise from the pull-up bar, being high from the ground, are for those with short extremities(short people in short). One can borrow an empty soda case as platform. Not sure if they allow deads here, for the establishment resides on the second floor of the building. What surprises me here, is how early and later the business hours of the gym. If there's a few number of customers to hosts with, the gym can open as early as 6am and closes as later as 10pm.

Forgo to the formula for warm-up sets of Squats with moderate weights. Did progressive pyramid sets to work sets instead...
    Back on the days when 265's on big lifts were once last year's 210-225's struggle.

Low Bar Squats - 135lbsx5, 160lbsx5, 190lbsx5, 225lbsx5, 265lbsx5x3, 170lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2-4min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 105lbsx5, 125lbsx5, 145lbsx5, 175lbsx5 [RESTS: 2-2½min]
    MAX OUT
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 205lbsx5x3 x3(spot), x2(spot), x0, 135lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 4½-6min] < INCOMPLETE. Didn't bother doing another set if will be just a rep. Kinda pointless for me working for strength. I need to reassess something on the plan, I smell a flaw here...

Chin-ups - BWx18-25 x11, x6, x8, x7 [RESTS: 2-5min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 190lbsx8x2 x8, x6 [REST: 2min]

Did record the info 'bout the gym afterwards. Went off by 7pm...
    Hope to post a partial detailed list of gyms of Pangasinan before the end of the year...
  • Great Progress sir Core. nagbasa kasi ako from page 1 hanggang sa dulo.
    Nutrisyon talaga ang kailangan para lumaki. kita ko ung progress e.
    Nkakamotivate :)
    Year 2, Day 333 [size=x-small](December 14, 2013)[/size]
    Evening. Sa may bakal gym sa Binmaley... JBP Hardcore Bodybuilding and Fitness Gym.
    Protein fixes: 4 boiled eggs hours before going to gym.

Only got 'til 8pm to run the errands. Packed up and decided to workout at Jearic Fitness Gym. But for some reasons, the gym was closed. Took the opportunity to lift to another and nearest gym here in Binmaley—JBP Hardcore Bodybuilding and Fitness Gym.

A few minute ride to Manat, Binmaley. An old-school gym, perhaps the very first gym I've ever seen in my life! I've already seeing this gym back in late 90's—1997—whenever the bus we rode to Dagupan passes by the establishment. Just along the national highway, the gym comes in a unique way. The gym sits over stilt concrete foundations built over a fish pond. The gym even offer its own sets of brand of plates and dumbbells. [size=x-small](I wonder where they got the fabrication for these.)[/size] Lots air pockets on foam floor [size=x-small](Particularly in places where rainwater finds it's way down and drips from the concrete ceiling.)[/size], but not those sorts that make you tripped over. The only gym in Binmaley with a power cage, but with missing catchers and the adjustable pegs are tightly screwed on the outside of the cage. But I think the management did it for purpose to maximize the gym space. The cage wasn't sturdy enough to hold barbell that I used for my worksets in Low Bar Squats. [size=x-small](But by tighten up the screws might fix this issue.)[/size] There's one equipment here I didn't recognized. It's like flat barbell bench but there's a seat in the midway. Best guesses are, it's either for seated shoulder presses with rack or just a fabricated flat barbell bench for 'I don't know the what hell' is it for! The business hours runs from 8am-12pm then closes for a couple hours for lunch break, then again opens from 2-8pm, and it closes 8pm sharp!

Used 7ft/15lb bar on squats. So it's a bit heavier than the past Low Bar Squats. [size=x-small](Used 6ft/12lb bar)[/size] Only missed deadlift today, though coincidentally I might need it on next workout!

Low Bar Squats - 170lbsx12x1, 230lbsx8x1 warm-up [RESTS: 3min]
    MAX OUT
    Low Bar Squats - 285lbsx5x3 x5, x4, x4, 215lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3-5min]

Standing Overhead Press - 70lbsx10x1, 100lbsx6x1 warm-up [RESTS: 2min]
    MAX OUT
    Standing Overhead Press - 120lbsx5x3 x5(spot), x5(spot), x2(spot), 90lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2-4min]

Romanian Deadlift - 275lbsx5x3, 205lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3min]

I also heard there's one man here who do deadlifts [size=x-small](Somewhat being an elusive exercise here in the province...)[/size] and workout there around 3-4pm every Tuesday or Wednesday. Gonna hit my next back & chest WO here. Let's see this gym if it will prove its hardcore...
    A thanks for Floranz [size=x-small](Not sure if it's 'z' or 's')[/size], for the spot and allowing me to evaluate this gym...
    Year 2, Day 335 [size=x-small](December 16, 2013)[/size]
    Afternoon. Sa may bakal gym sa Dagupan... Hogan's Gym.
    Just paid a visit to an old friend before attending my afternoon class. He owns the gym based on Tondaligan Beach, Bonuan, Dagupan City...

Evening. Sa may bakal gym sa Lingayen... Ram's Fitness Gym.
    The mentality to lift wasn't in me upon arrival. Decided to sweat it out on stretching. 'Til I got my mood to hit hard on second exercise.
    No warm-up sets and forgot to do spine decompressions prior working sets of Low Bar Squats.
    After Flat BB BP, spent the next 10 minute or so looking for the other pair of 5lb York plates that I'll need to setup the DBs for the next exercise. Expect to the happen on most local gyms in this area, some people just don't know how fuckin' put the plates and dumbbells back from designated racks! Such-a-drag!

Low Bar Squats - 245lbsx5x3(spot), 135lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2½-4min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 100lbsx5, 120lbsx5, 140lbsx5, 165lbsx5, 195lbsx5 x4(spot) [1st-4th set RESTS: 30sec-2min][5th set REST: 5min] < INCOMPLETE. Due to loss of grip. Palms sweatin'...
    30º Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 65'sx6x3 x6, x6, x5 [RESTS: 1-1½min]
    Pendlay Rows - 190lbsx5x3, 105lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2min] < MISSED. Intentionally reserved for Back WO tomorrow.
    Seated Calf Raise - 195lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min] < MISSED. Intentionally reserved for Back WO tomorrow.

10min short practice pose. Then some posedown with two PTs of the gym.
    In case the man won't show up at the gym at Binmaley—JBP Bodybuilding and Fitness Gym—I'll be forced to hit the core and saved the back workout for the day after tomorrow for last shot.
    Year 2, Day 336 [size=x-small](December 17, 2013)[/size]
    Afternoon. Sa may bakal gym sa Binmaley... JBP Bodybuilding and Fitness Gym.
    Didn't bother to get an umbrella, even though it's startin' to rain on my way towards the bus stop. Just a few minute walk from home to the national road. Showed up late today, still sleepy from 6-7hrs sleep from the past two nights. Just did ab workout today, don't want to exert too much, get wet from the rain, start sneezin' front of the some exams tomorrow.

Incline Crunches - BWx10, BW+10lbsx10, BW+15lbsx10, BW+20lbsx10, BW+25lbsx10 x8 [RESTS: 1½-3min] = BW+20lbs
    Crunches - BWx10, BW+10lbsx10, BW+15lbsx10, BW+20lbsx10, BW+25lbsx10, BW+30lbsx10 x8 [RESTS: 2-3min] = BW+25lbs
    Year 2, Day 337 [size=x-small](December 18, 2013)[/size]
    Woke up after 2 hour nap from a cold, breezy afternoon.
    Still got DOMS from yesterdays' workout...

Romanian Deadlift - (Mixed Grip) 275lbsx5x3, (Overhand Grip) 205lbsx8x1 ((Overhand Grip)160lbsx12x1, 225lbsx5x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3-4min]
    Pendlay Rows - 190lbsx5x3, 105lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Standing Calf Raise [MAX stack: 200lbs] - stackx18x4 [RESTS: 2min]
    [align=center]-WEEK 12-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 345 [size=x-small](December 26, 2013)[/size]
    Afternoon. Sa may bakal gym sa Binmaley... Jearic Fitness Gym.
    With a 20lb packed sling bag on shoulder, an almost 40min 3km-walk from Libsong East, Lingayen to San Isidro Norte, Binmaley on a windy, cloudy afternoon. 'Coz of that, did adjust the Low Bar Squat sets scheme for 1RM test, need to set a new PR before the year ends. Upon arrival, did at most an hour rest before hittin' the iron. Again, was hesistant to asks for spot. Not a lot people hitting the gym as this is supposed to be time for siesta.

Gym was opened on yesterday's Christmas 'til 12pm midnight. Missed the experience...

Low Bar Squats - 155lbsx5, 180lbsx5, 210lbsx5, 250lbsx5 [RESTS: 3min]
    MAX OUT
    Low Bar Squats - 295lbsx5x3 x3, x0, x0, 220lbsx8x1, 305lbsx1, 315lbsx1, 325lbsxF (belt) = 315lbs [RESTS: 5min] < MISSED. Didn't took the advantage for another two attempts, need to reserve energy for the rest of the workout and to be able to walk back home. Just need to set a challenge mark for the next 2014.

Stills from the videos...
    [align=center]
    Squat Attempt @ 305lbs(138.6kg)
    f4i9ol.png
    Squattin' with the wrong shoes...

Squat Attempt @ 315lbs(143.2kg)
    343nsxd.png
    [size=x-small](*Noticed the raising of the heels, especially with the left foot.)[/size]
    ...Nevertheless managed to set these PR's with great form!

[/align]
    I fall under this category...
    ..."The competition standard is for the crease of the hip (top surface of the leg at the hip joint) to fall below the top of the knee; this is colloquially known as "parallel" depth. Confusingly, many other definitions for "parallel" depth abound, none of which represent the standard in organized powerlifting. From shallowest to deepest, these other standards are: bottom of hamstring parallel to the ground; the hip joint itself below the top of the knee, or femur parallel to the floor; and the top of the upper thigh (i.e., top of the quadriceps) below the top of the knee."[align=right][size=x-small]Source: wikipedia.org[/size][/align]

...I need to get lower than that, of course. I need to work on squat depth and the other power moves as well if I had the chance to compete on any PL meet.

Sadly, had to drop that plan competing to this year national powerlifting meet for three reasons. [size=x-small]Or EXCUSES, as you may call it at some point.[/size]

One. July 12-13. Around that span of time, I'm undergoing my cutting phase weeks towards the bodybuilding show on October. (Planned to cut at least six months prior the week of the show—April—which also may shift accordingly to how much BF% will I have six months before the month of the show—between March and April.) Generally, it's a conflicting scenario AFAIK: drying up and lowering BF on deficit/building-up strength whilst carbing up.

Two. 1RM lifts couldn't even placed among the top 5 of the 84kg class [size=x-small](Designated weight class based on current BW.)[/size], even though most of those recorded numbers comes in suit, wraps and belts.

Three. I need to study about competitive powerlifting, get a thorough basic knowledge somehow. Like the ins and outs of the rules of the fed holding the competition—IPF(International Powerlifting Federation).

Bottomline... Need to read alot!
    Back to the workout log...

Chin-ups - BWx19-26x4 x12, x8, x8, x4 [RESTS: 2min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 200lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min]
    Standing Calf Raise [MAX stack: 200lbs] - stackx16x4 x16, x16, x12, x16 [RESTS: 2min]
    Standing Overhead Press - 75lbsx5, 90lbsx5, 105lbsx5, 125lbsx5x3 x0, x0, x0, 95lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2-3min] < MISSED. Was just able to clean the barbell from the floor, but can't press it up. I think having that long walk before doing squats was really a bad idea!

Still some left in the tank. But my body wasn't in gear yet after a week-long hiatus. Not that I attended a lot parties lately, but it's a been long since I took that kind of lay-off. I think it's something like 14 weeks of continuous lifting. Another, didn't carbed-up days prior this workout!

Ended up a sore feet after the workout. Luckily, no blisters at all. Then another 14min walk to Poblacion, Binmaley for a jeepney ride back home. Arrived home by 9pm.
  • DregPittDregPitt Posts: 987
    315lbs fuarkkk!!!!!
    Year 2, Day 347 [size=x-small](December 28, 2013)[/size]
    And it was!
    Did hot/warm compress last night. Sore muscles on lower body area; hammies, quads, and calves. Ended up skipping the squats today.

Low Bar Squats - 250lbsx5x3, 190lbsx8x1 (140lbsx12x1, 190lbsx8x1 warm-up) [REST: 5min] < MISSED. Due to DOMS from the last 1RM test.
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 190lbsx5x3 x4, x3, x5(spot), 145lbsx8x1(spot) (115lbsx12x1, 160lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 2-3min]
    30º Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 75'sx6x3 60'sx9x3 x6, x8, x7 [RESTS: 2-4min]
    Romanian Deadlift - 285lbsx5x3, 215lbsx8x1 (230lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3min] < MISSED. Due to DOMS from the last 1RM test.

Then another hot/warm compress before hitting the sack...
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    core stay safe dilim sa gym nyo mahirap kumanto sa alulod mo yang mga bakal bakal or baka mabagsakan ka.
    monching11 wrote:
    core stay safe dilim sa gym nyo mahirap kumanto sa alulod mo yang mga bakal bakal or baka mabagsakan ka.

Gabi na din kasi ako nakapagbuhat. Sanayan na, muscle memory. Basta tama ang setup bago bumuhat. 6ft/12lb bar ginamit ko dito, nagshift na'ko sa 7ft/15lb bar dahil mas feasible gamitin sa power cage sa dating pinagbubuhatan ko dito sa Dagupan.
    Year 2, Day 349 [size=x-small](January 1, 2014)[/size]
    Started the year working out! Gym was supposed to be off business today, but thanks to the manager/bodybuilder Jearic Bautista for allowing me to bust the weights.

Low Bar Squats - 250lbsx5x3, 190lbsx8x1 (140lbsx12x1, 190lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3-4min]
    Standing Overhead Press - 110lbsx5x3 x5, x4, x5, 60lbsx8x1 (50lbsx12x1, 80lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Pendlay Rows - 115lbsx5, 135lbsx5, 155lbsx5, 200lbsx5x3, 110lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 205lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min]
    Year 2, Day 352 [size=x-small](January 2, 2014)[/size]

Low Bar Squats - 255lbsx5x3, 140lbx8x1 [RESTS: 3min]
    Standing Overhead Press - 110lbsx5x3, 60lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2min
    Pendlay Rows - 200lbsx5x3 [RESTS: 2min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 110lbsx5, 130lbsx5, 150lbsx5, 175lbsx5(spot), 205lbsx5 x4(spot) [1st-4th set RESTS: 1-3min][5th set REST: 5min]
    30º Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 70'sx6x3 60'sx8x3 x8, x7, x7 [RESTS: 2min]
    30º Incline Crunches - BW+15lbsx10x2 [REST: 2min]
    Alt. Dumbbell Curl - 20'sx10x2 [REST: 2min]
    Cable Pressdown - 80lbsx10x2 [REST: 2min]
    Kroc Rows - 40'sx10, 50'sx10, 60'sx10 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Standing Calf Raise [MAX stack: 200lbs] - stackx18x4 x17, x18, x13, x15 [RESTS: 2½-4min]
    [align=center]-WEEK 13-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 357 [size=x-small](January 7, 2014)[/size]

Low Bar Squats - 285lbsx5x3 (spot), 185lbsx8x1 (180lbsx12x1, 210lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3-5min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 185lbsx5x3 x4(spot), x3, x4, 120lbsx8x1 (135lbsx12x1, 145lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 2-5min]
    Chin-ups - BWx20-27x4 x13, x10, x10, x8 [RESTS: 2½-3½min]
    Standing Calf Raise [MAX stack: 200lbs] - stackx18x4 x14, x10, x12, x14 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Year 2, Day 361 [size=x-small](January 11, 2014)[/size]

Low Bar Squats - 160lbsx5, 190lbsx5, 225lbsx5, 260lbsx5, 305lbsx5x3, 230lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3-5min]
    Standing Overhead Press - 75lbsx5, 90lbsx5, 105lbsx5 125lbsx5x3, 95lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3min]
    Romanian Deadlift - (Overhand Grip) 150lbsx5, 175lbsx5, 205lbsx5 (belt), 240lbsx5 x4 (belt), (Mixed Grip) 285lbsx5x3 x1 (belt), x0, x0, 215lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3½-4min]
    Year 2, Day 362 [size=x-small](January 12, 2014)[/size]
    Evening. Home...
    REST DAY. For the past four hours playing Just Cause 2 in front of the laptop. Decided to take a break and clean the bookmark bar of main browser. Reading articles I had stumbled across the 'net from time to time. Something hit me...
    One of the best parts about Steve’s presentation was the creation of the Triangle of Domination.

[align=center]
    TriangleOfDomination1.png
    [/align]

Essentially, everything boils down to hard training, good nutrition and attitude. Herein lies the problem, as Steve points out. When people start filling the gaps and spaces with non-effective, and time-wasting stuff, it just turns them into a “big f-ing vagina.” If you really think about it though, there are way too many trainees trying to really complicate things when they just need to keep it simple. I can understand that complexity comes with lots of experience and years under the bar, but for beginning and intermediate trainees, keep it simple.[align=right][size=x-small]Source: articles.elitefts.com[/size][/align]

Spent the next five hours reading more articles since...
    Year 2, Day 363 [size=x-small](January 13, 2014)[/size]
    Afternoon. Sa may bakal gym sa Dagupan... ECG Muscleflex Gym.

Low Bar Squats - 160lbsx5, 190lbsx5, 220lbsx5, 255lbsx5x3 x3, x3, x4, 140lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 110lbsx5, 130lbsx5, 150lbsx5, 175lbsx5 x4, 205lbsx5 x4 (spot) [1st-4th set RESTS: 2min][5th set REST: 5min]
    30º Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 70'sx6x3 60'sx8x3 x9, x8, x8 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Pendlay Rows - 110lbsx5, 130lbsx5, 155lbsx5, 180lbsx5, 210lbsx5x3, 120lbsx8x1 [1st-4th set RESTS: 1½-3][5th REST: 5min]
  • pacoy1002pacoy1002 Posts: 538
    Hey Core, what's cookin man? I remember when you first started some bro's doubted your routines, nutritions etc..Guess you've proven them wrong. You really did your homework and I applaud you for that. Keep it up.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    The syndrome lol
  • Nice journal sir, if i have time i'll read it from the very start\m/
    [align=center]_________________________________________[/align]

I've seen people with muscular physique way back in 2000's, but I have no idea what's the name of the sport they engaging with. I guessed it as another variety of weightlifting sport, until I began to know more about the sport and together with boom of the internet during those days. Only then I discovered the name of the sport — competitive bodybuilding — when I first saw an ad around the internet. I didn't put much interests at first! So engaged myself to other sports...

How I got started...

June 2010
    Way back couple of years, I already engaged myself in sport activities. Playing badminton during junior highschool, and running-jogging the next year. I got serious in running-jogging trying to achieve the outstanding performance record for 1.5 mile run for Male PRT Standards of U.S. Navy. And also, it did benefit me alot to fight stress during those days.

[align=center]Narciso Ramos Sports Complex[/align]
    [align=center]208e82u.jpg[/align]
    [align=center]I usually spend jogging here during weekends, a 400m trackfield.
    I shifted from 5pm-7pm to 5am-8am
    (2km walk-jog to and fro and 10km run-jog-walk[trackfield] or 1000-steps[grandstand]).
    [/align]

So far so good, after 6mos regimen, I have achieved 45x400m run-jog-walk marathon for my nonstop-no water endurance test and 13x400m marathon under 1hr(As far as I can remember. Not sure what exact final lap-time but it's around 45-53min. I got a record of it on my old phone, too bad, it got lost.) Again, nonstop-no water endurance test for myself. After my 13th lap, I head back to the car as soon as I can and grab that bottle of water. I almost felt unconcious after I quenched myself and I almost can't feel my legs due to extreme exhaustion. I end up doing only 15x400m-20x400m/week for the next 5 weeks than my usual 10km(25x400m)/week at least regimen...
    But above all of these I felt a great boost of motivation after such workout...

[align=center]3476xxh.jpg[/align]
    [align=center]Milestone reached! 5km/less than 1hr...[/align]

In conclusion of my program, all I did is I started to lose fat while increasing my stamina by a 6mos cardio-workout, before I started lifting weights just what an article I've read around the 'net. "You may gain lean mass with quite body fat percentage, but don't expect it that much results. It is necessary first to acquire enough stamina to endure lifting weights and prevent fatigue. And to get the maximum results over your full efforts."

Duration: June 2010-February 2011
    • Weight: 121lbs>110lbs

But then my pace slowed down a bit, probably because I lost the motivation to do so. It was also school days, so I had to moved my house chores to Saturdays which made me adjust my regimen, 5pm-8pm. I usually workout with my bro when he's around. But after a couple of months since June, he quit. He can't find the right time to anymore. So I had to spent the rest of the months doing my strict training on my own. That's when I realized the need of having a workout buddy. "If they can keep up, both of you are motivated by one another to stay on track. With determination, you both push yourselves harder beyond your potentials. Otherwise, they can be pain in the ass and put you down."

January 2012
    I started working out since January, when a friend invited to go to a back-alley gym, a walking distance across the road, outside the school. Not a fancy gym but enough equipments. Like most teens, I started without any routine, wasting my first week in gym, until I was approached by the gym owner and suggested me to one of their staff.

[align=center]2ecoefs.jpg[/align]

At first I can only bench 20lbs+bar, but after two months I can do 50lbs+bar, but still I swing on my last 2-4reps on my 4th set, so I need a spotter to support. The staff didn't recommend me a diet plan yet.

I even changed my lifestyle for already 2 years to get more of the results. A 7-8hr sleep (10pm-5am). No more junk-foods, softdrinks, and sugary stuffs. I only deal with chocolates when I'm stressed and when I do have one on the fridge! I've heard, when consumed, they release some sort of hormone in our body to make us contented. No more snacks by 10pm-4am.

"It's a commitment but it's well worth it. You feel better. Your lifestyle is much better. Your drive in many areas is better... your energy, your sex-drive. You know, you feel good. You want to enjoy life still..." [align=right]-Wayne Rakett[/align]

I still got a long way to go, still mastering proper forms and while incrementing the amount of weight lifted...

April 2012
    Summer is here, but the consistency is lost, for almost two weeks. When I'm stressed, I usually got the drive to go to the gym. I try to get my motivation back, watch videos, read articles around the internet...

[align=center]2dsocw1.jpg[/align]

I don't want to waste those efforts and bench those 200lbs before the end of the year. Pack-up! Then head back to the gym!

May 2012
    January 16, 2012. It's almost halfway 'til a year since that day I got started. I'm weighing about 135lbs right now...

Duration: January 2012-May 2012
    • Weight: 110lbs >136lbs
    4x12 Routine (19weeks)-[Mon/Thu]-
    • Chest workouts
      Push-ups - 4x12
      BB Bench Press (Flat, Incline, Decline) - 4x12
      DB Bench Press (Incline, Flat, Decline) - 4x12
      DB Flyes (Flat, Incline, Decline) - 4x12
      Straight-Arm DB Pullover - 4x12
      Cable Crossover - 4x12
    • Biceps workouts
      BB Curl - 4x12
      Alternate DB Curl (Incline) - 4x12/Standing Alternate DB Curl - 4x12
      Concentration Curls - 4x12
    -[Tue/Fri]-
    • Shoulder workouts
      Standing BB Military Press - 4x12
      Standing BB Military Press (Behind The Neck) - 4x12
      Arnold DB Press - 4x12
      DB One-Arm Shoulder Press - 4x12
    • Back workouts
      Lat Pulldown (Wide-Grip) - 4x12
      Lat Pulldown (Wide-Grip; Behind The Neck)- 4x12
      Cable Pulldowns (Underhand Grip, Overhand Grip) - 4x12
      Seated Cable Rows - 4x12
      Bent Over BB Rows - 4x12
      Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift - 4x12
      DB Rows - 4x12
    • Traps workouts
      Standing BB Upright Rows (Close-Grip) - 4x12
      Bent Over DB Lat Raises - 4x12
      Front DB Raises - 4x12
      Front Plate Raises - 4x12
      DB Shrug - 4x12
    -[Wed/Sat]-
    • Legs workouts (Bicycling (Stationary) - 5-10min warm-up)
      Full Squat - 4x12
      Leg Extensions - 4x12
      Lying Leg Curls - 4x12
      Seated Calf Raise - 4x12
    • Triceps workouts
      Triceps Extension - 4x12
      Lying Triceps Press [Close-Grip] - 4x12/Skullcrusher - 4x12
      Kickbacks - 4x12
      Pushdown (Overhand Grip, Underhand Grip, Rope Attachment) - 4x12
    • Abdominal workouts
      Sit-Ups - 3x15, 1x20
      Crunches (w/o DB, w/ DB, Oblique) - 3x15, 1x20
      Leg Raises - 3x15, 1x20
      Alternate DB Side Bend - 4x12
    -[Sun]-
    • REST DAY

May 18, 2012. More than three days since I haven't been working out. Pretty much rain and thunderstorms during afternoons. So I spent my time reading articles and posts here in PBB, and take pictures to see if I gettin' progress for the show. Still trying to learn the poses.

Current stat:
    • Weight: 134lbs >136lbs

May 21, 2012. Chest+Biceps workout today. Gained mass, again! Still looking forward to look buff as much as I can, before conditioning to the show. No more jog/bike. Have to cut down my cardio to bulk-up! Here's a preview on my lower body...

Current stat:
    • Weight: 136lbs >139lbs

Advice and questions are much appreciated.
    [align=right]Nuff said.[/align]

[align=center]
    Deadlift Attempt @ 270lbs(125kg)
    w2gfgx.jpg
    6months later... 5lbs heavier and no belt!
    [/align]

szc3zq.jpg

9rtwfd.jpg

j13gx2.jpg