-CORE JOURNAL-

Eclipse Bill Starr 5x5 Program [Jun - Sep 2012]
Max-OT Program [Oct - Dec 2012]
Eclipse Bill Starr 5x5 Program [Dec 2012 - Apr 2013]
Eclipse Bill Starr 5x5 Program [Apr - Jul 2013]
Eclipse Bill Starr 5x5 Program [Jul - Sep 2013]
Starting Strength - Intermediate Bodybuilder Variation [Sep 2013 - Apr 2014]
Max-OT [Apr 2014 - Apr 2015]
Stew Smith's 1.5-2 Mile Timed Run Training Program on progress...
Consistency is the key,
One step backward, two step forward!
Recuperation is everything,
Embrace pain and failure...

Comments

• monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    BTW, Where is your location? I see more of endurance/marathon training ka pala dati. So what program are you following right now? kamusta naman ang progress?
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Hindi ko pa kabisado yung mga name ng bawat exercises. For five months now yan ang naging program ko. 2-3hr workout.

Mon/Thu
    Chest & Biceps workouts
    Tue/Fri
    Shoulder, Back, Traps workouts
    Wed/Sat
    Legs, Triceps, Abdominal workouts

Pero balak kong mag-switch ng routine, ililipat ko yung triceps workouts ko sa Tue-Fri. Pagpapa-palit-palitin ko din yung arrangement nung mga workout para maiwasan kong ma-hit ang plateau...

First week, halatang baguhan palang, walang proper routine, then after a week, nilapitan ako nung gym owner, sinuggest niya sa akin yung isang instructor. May supplement siyang sinuggest, Amino Mass Gain.

After two months, I lost 4%BF(Original BF: 14%, Somatotype: Ectomorph) and gained 10lbs of mass. Tinake-up ko lang yung supplement for two months, nagstable yung weight ko for next months, nag-vary yung BF from 12%-9% and weight ko from 130lbs-137lbs...
    Wow! sali ka pala sa compy! very nice!
    monching11 wrote:
    Wow! sali ka pala sa compy! very nice!

Hindi naman ganun kalakihang competition, anniversary event lang sa pinagy-gym-an ko...
    Still, it's going to take some guts to wear the thong and go up on stage. Kahit smalltime pa na compy yan di pa din biro ang training para jan
    monching11 wrote:
    Still, it's going to take some guts to wear the thong and go up on stage. Kahit smalltime pa na compy yan di pa din biro ang training para jan

Agree. Still trying to gain more muscle para mas ripped kapag magcu-cutting na. Better to look "huged and ripped" than slim...
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    5'6" @ 130-135lbs with 9%bf, dude thats good enough to enter as novice. kailangan mo na lang i-manipulate ang tubig sa katawan mo and youre set to go. pero if you still have time to add lean mass, lets say 2 months then go for it. it will be an edge for you if you can add 10 more pounds and stay at 9%bf. good luck!
    milksworth wrote:
    5'6" @ 130-135lbs with 9%bf, dude thats good enough to enter as novice. kailangan mo na lang i-manipulate ang tubig sa katawan mo and youre set to go. pero if you still have time to add lean mass, lets say 2 months then go for it. it will be an edge for you if you can add 10 more pounds and stay at 9%bf. good luck!

+1 bigger is better!

milksworth wrote:

I need to sustain my body a at least 4L of water a day, 10lbs for 2mos? Why not? I still got 5mos. Already gained 1-1.5kg for the past 2 weeks on my bulking phase, no supplement. Still at 9% BF today! My only problem is to lose my belly fat and to get more cuts right before the competition...
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    It would be better if you can post your recent pic so we can guesstimate you BF%. Most of us tend to under estimate our BF%.
  • NiceTry333NiceTry333 Posts: 326
    wow welcome po kuya :D
    Looking forward to it.
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Looking forward to it.
    Core wrote:

It's already late night for me to give you those pics right now. Need to rest.
    Check back tomorrow, updates are made after 8am here on

• NiceTry333NiceTry333 Posts: 326
    WOW speechless ako :blush:
  • sergieeesergieee Posts: 656
    Nice updates! Pero para sakin bulk ka po idol, sayang height eh. tama yung sabi ni sir milk, ako 5'5 (140-142lbs aata ako ngayon) target ko 150 much better if 160 tas cut. dun namin titignan if pwede na pang sampa. pero siyempre depende parin sa conditioning.

• Noobie12Noobie12 Posts: 648
    Welcome sir core.. Ganda na katawan. Konting bulk nalang ang kulang.
    You're BF% is more on the 12% range. Look at lastresort's journal his BF% is in the 9% range.

Also work on your lats, upperback, chest and arms. Much better if you bulk up first since if you plan on lowering you BF% even more you'll become a lot thinner.

Mighty_Oak wrote:
    You're BF% is more on the 12% range. Look at lastresort's journal his BF% is in the 9% range.

http://pinoybodybuilding.com/forum/Thread-Health-Related-Online-Charts-Calculators << I'm using an online calculator from the web to get my BF%.
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    i think sir mighty guess is much closer. i tried using the online bf% calc you posted and it shows that im at 15%bf which i think is a little low for what im actually seeing in the mirror and of course how i feel about my self. hintayin ko na lang yung caliper ni DS to try and measure mine cause i think its much more accurate than online calculators and even those electronic devices. but at least youre on the lower side of things, konting tiis na lang at maabot mo na ang target mo. and yes, you need to dedicate your remaning months of prep in adding mass for you to be able to successfully achieve the look that you want! cheers and good luck!
    milksworth wrote:
    i think sir mighty guess is much closer. i tried using the online bf% calc you posted and it shows that im at 15%bf which i think is a little low for what im actually seeing in the mirror and of course how i feel about my self. hintayin ko na lang yung caliper ni DS to try and measure mine cause i think its much more accurate than online calculators and even those electronic devices.

I agree with your opinion. Calipers are better than those one around the internet. BTW, I've updated the post with more links for second opinions...
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Also work on your lats, upperback, chest and arms. Much better if you bulk up first since if you plan on lowering you BF% even more you'll become a lot thinner.
    milksworth wrote:
    konting tiis na lang at maabot mo na ang target mo. and yes, you need to dedicate your remaning months of prep in adding mass for you to be able to successfully achieve the look that you want! cheers and good luck!

I have a big problem right now gaining mass, need help. I'll post my diet plan and routine, then Q&A later. I think I'm either in a plateau right now or I already overtraining myself/too much cardio?
    Online BF calcs are not reliable try using a Caliper instead. Ditch the cardio if you want to bulk up. At your current weight you're just not eating enough that's why you'
    re not gaining weight. How much calories do you consume daily & what's you macro breakdown?

Also, be more realistic with your goals since it's near impossible to gain pure muscle only if you'll bulk up. Even the pros cant do that.
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Ditch the cardio if you want to bulk up.

Also, be more realistic with your goals since it's near impossible to gain pure muscle only if you'll bulk up. Even the pros cant do that.

I'll take that account. No mo' beach jog!
    I think it's around 2000-3500 calories/per day, just breakfast, lunch, dinner & pre-bedtime...
    More than 70% of that goes to lunch/dinner, especially dinner, average of 5cups/rice.
    Meal timing is irrelevant, what's important is you hit your daily cal intake and macro's everyday. Just eat a lot. With your weight I wouldn't worry much about gaining too much especially if you're having a hard time putting on weight.

What about your wheels?
    ^Legs :)
    monching11 wrote:
    ^Legs :)

What about my legs? Why'd you ask?
    It's doing fine right now, trying at least to recover from my last leg workout.
    Sir mighty is wondering what your legs look like now. I just answered your question in your post which you deleted.
    monching11 wrote:
    Sir mighty is wondering what your legs look like now. I just answered your question in your post which you deleted.

Sorry 'bout that. I'll upload some pics later.
    You left out the biggest & most important muscle group.
  • rotrot78rotrot78 Posts: 1,147
    your in shape and looks healthy sir! keep it up! just tweak your nutrition. and have a clean bulk may pupuntahan ka. pero pag piniga mo yang physique mo ngayon honestly speaking sir magkaka problema ka.. try tweaking your nutrition and your work out.. welcome and good luck sir!
    Core wrote:
    monching11 wrote:

Sorry 'bout that. I'll upload some pics later.

No worries, no harm done. :)