What's your favorite exercise?

2»

Comments

• masarap uminom ng manila beer habang na nonood ng manila exposed lol
    Jettie wrote:
    naku di na pwede magswimming ang may tatoo sa manila!

bago lang ba yun?
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    ^bawal na ako mag swimming sa manila bay dahil sa tattoo? kala ko PA BINGO lang ang bawal dun? haha!

NGEKS! 2011 pa pala tong poll na toh.. nabuhay uli.. at may discusyon uli..

anyhows, my all time fave exercise/s
    DL (ito lang yung nasa poll)
    DB presses (chest / delts)
    DB rows
    DB lunges
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    masarap uminom ng manila beer habang na nonood ng manila exposed lol
    Jettie wrote:
    naku di na pwede magswimming ang may tatoo sa manila!

bago lang ba yun?

Oo sir, haha somewhere in FB ko lang din nakita yun at kasalukuyang kumakalat na meme na sya.. Google mo sir hehe
  • oo nakita ko din yun pero duda ko matagal na yun kasi pa kupas na ang pintura na pinang sulat sa wall na yun at ewan ko lang kung chix na may tattoo eh bawal din hehehe
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    haha oo nga eh, kung totoo yun facepalm na batas talaga yun...
  • kung public pool siguro pwede niya ipag bawal,pero hindi sa private dahil kahit ikaw ang owner,magagalit ka. kahit nga nung valentines day,meron daw jan ginawang check point sa labas ng mga motel para ma iwasan ang minor na pumasok sa motel or hotel. lol bawal yan dahil private ang mga ganyang lugar,buti hindi umabot dito samin,dahil kung hindi,isusumbong ko sila sa mga missis nila! hahaha at ban na sila dito! hahah
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:

Let me answer you with your own replies
    i very rarely powerlift. i also have a bad lower back, so i do squats/deadlifts maybe once a week only.
    from my undestanding, powerlifting is composed of squats, bench and DLs. my cousin was a competitive power lifter and these are his primary exercises.

and yes, you are correct, i am far from a serious power lifter. i'm more into bodybuilding.

Care to expound on these statements and prove otherwise that you didn't mention anything about these 3 main lifts not a requirement if you're into "bodybuilding"?

did you see the word "requirement" in my post? pls point it out to me? i don't see anywhere in the words you highlighted where i claim that those 3 lifts are not required in bodybuilding.

i also want to know how you interpreted "powerlifting is composed of SQ, DLs and bench" to mean "SQ, DL and bench is not required in bodybuilding."
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    did you see the word "requirement" in my post? pls point it out to me? i don't see anywhere in the words you highlighted where i claim that those 3 lifts are not required in bodybuilding.

i also want to know how you interpreted "powerlifting is composed of SQ, DLs and bench" to mean "SQ, DL and bench is not required in bodybuilding."

Why you no comprehend your own replies? Again.
    from my undestanding, powerlifting is composed of squats, bench and DLs. my cousin was a competitive power lifter and these are his primary exercises.

and yes, you are correct, i am far from a serious power lifter. i'm more into bodybuilding.

And again...

frabz-I-clearly-dont-lift-But-lemme-tell-you-what-supplements-to-take-e7681f.jpg
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:

Why you no comprehend your own replies? Again.

what happened? no answer to my question:

i will give you an analogy since your reading comprehension is questionable at best. when someone tells you "cars have wheels", it doesn't mean that "wheels only go on cars."
    I answered your question with your own reply.

You said:

"from my undestanding, powerlifting is composed of squats, bench and DLs."

"i am far from a serious power lifter. i'm more into bodybuilding."

and also:

"i very rarely powerlift"

Need I say more?

So don't go too low with your responses by insulting me since you won't get anywhere. If you want we can meet in person to discuss this further. I always like to have a healthy debate especially when done in person. I ain't no keyboard warrior and I always walk the talk.

We can even have a glass or two of champagnes while discussing the matter :)
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    "We can even have a glass or two of champagnes while discussing the matter"

Manila Beer lang sir.....
    Excellent idea Sir Allen!

That's on me if Manila Beer lang. Let's drink while listening to the beat of Hotdog's "Manila, Manila I keep coming back to Manila.. Manila, I'm coming home..."

Yeah Buddayyyy!
  • unfortunately, your quotes do not answer my question. it's clear what happened here is you misunderstood my answer to your question of why DL and SQ is not among my favorite exercises. you assumed that because i said i don't powerlift (SQ&DLs), then it must mean that ONLY powerlifters should do SQ & DLs. i never said this. as i clarified in another post, SQ&DLs are needed to increase strength whether bodybuilding or powerlifting.

im far from a keyboard warrior and this is probably the longest debate i've had on a forum. i've already spent more time on this topic than i can afford on my busy sched. so let this be my last post on the subject. you can have the last word or meme.

as for us meeting together in person, when my doc clears me for working out again, maybe i can join 1 of your GWO. that is if i'm invited. then you and your buddies can gang up on me while i try to lift a 100lb barbell. ;)
    Wow! So you end a debate with a sentence or two? AWESOMENESS/10

I never said that we'll meet in person to workout, I just said let's discuss this matter. So why wait for a clearance from your doctor?

Also, why would we gang up on you with your 100lb barbell? We ain't no homo's.

Well for warm-up perhaps most of us will need that 100lb barbell :)
  • allen101 wrote:
    "We can even have a glass or two of champagnes while discussing the matter"

Manila Beer lang sir.....

wak pre! taas sa calories yan... nkktama! hehe!:lol
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Wow! So you end a debate with a sentence or two? AWESOMENESS/10

I never said that we'll meet in person to workout, I just said let's discuss this matter. So why wait for a clearance from your doctor?

Also, why would we gang up on you with your 100lb barbell? We ain't no homo's.

Well for warm-up perhaps most of us will need that 100lb barbell :)

"hinahanap hanap lita manila ang tinig mo'y kay sarap sa tenga... mga jeepny mong nagliliparan... mga babae mong naggagandahan... take me back to your arms manila and promise me you never let go... manila, mnila." lolz! kinaknata ko yan s videoke e... :tongue:
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    so.... OT... for me, Squat is the KING and Deadlifts is the pet lion. lol. testosterone level at its finest after a squat and dl session. gusto ko sana mag ass to grass sa squats kaso medyo makapal ung flabs ko sa tyan.. did 415lbs 5X5 squats and 440 DL 1X5 Yesterday :D:D:D
  • Can someone add more exercises? Power cleans are the best IMHO
  • ^how do you say so sir? broscience
  • I like the explosiveness. I do it after my DL strength sets as dynamic work. Oly weightlifting exercises are not as popular, but they're pretty fun to play with. Sure beats doing hyperextensions all day.
  • Actually, they are becoming popular nowadays... crossfit. Personal preference, perhaps?
  • Yes, probably. I'm not a crossfitter, but I do see some off its advantages. Kinda wondering why there seems to not be a thread here about it, or maybe I just havent been looking hard enough
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    BroScience wrote:
    Kinda wondering why there seems to not be a thread here about it, or maybe I just havent been looking hard enough

Either, not much members here are into Olympic Weightlifting or just most of them are lurkers. Anyway, here's a post worth reading. Not exactly the one you're looking for. Nevertheless, still covers the movement. > Lifting Shoes 101 Thread » Why Weightlifting Shoes?
  • Very technical, will read this when I have the time. I like explosive movements like oly weightlifting, box jumps and the like. Has a lot more carryover as an athlete, but raw strength is pretty beneficial too.
  • senyorsenyor Posts: 61

bench press talaga eh. everyday is chest day kasi ako