The 21 Day Fitness and Diet Challenge

Comments

• scorchedscorched Posts: 253
    @kenzy Yup. Eto yung ginagawa ko every workout day. Bale, may araw na upper+cardio and may araw na lower+cardio. Yup. Same set of exercise. HIIT yung intention niya, for fat loss.
  • kenzykenzy Posts: 663
    talaga ba madaming reps kelangan kapag naka HITT ka pafs, sorry wala ako idea dito eh? parang kasing sobra dame reps ng exercises mo eh.
  • AestecniquesAestecniques Posts: 487
    Brother me too, personally, I find your program too long and too exhausting. Yes, fatigue induces fat-loss, but too much of it will break down muscles too. Pero syempre bro, baka may reference ka why you programmed your workout that way. Share mo dito bro, lets discuss. Lahat naman tayo natututo sa isat isa. HIIT bro usually dont last for one hour...actually you will not last for over an hour kasi nga high intensity siya.
    paps @kenzy sa program na sinusundan ko, it seems like it. Mukhang ang intention ng exercise is to elevate your heart rate kaya ganun kadami yung repetitions. Kung tutuusin nga, medyo madami siya for a set. And to think na gagawin mo to ng 2 beses. But may tiwala naman ako sa program. Sana lang nga makuha ko yung results that it told me. Fat loss.
    Paps @Aestecniques, medyo matagal nga siya. 1 1/2 hour ako sa gym to finish the Upper Body Set, though sa Lower Body, relatively mas maikli lang. I found the program sa bodybuilding.com.
    Eto yung link..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-bizzy-diet.html

Kinonsider kong gawin tong program na to due to the sole purpose of fat loss. I agree, too much fatigue can lose muscles. Kaya lang, may initial goal is to lessen body fat percentage muna. I can bulk the muscles once nababa ko na body fat ko.

Whats your take on this? @Aestecniques @dimzon03 @kenzy
  • jomskijomski Posts: 163
    scorched wrote:
    Paps @Aestecniques, medyo matagal nga siya. 1 1/2 hour ako sa gym to finish the Upper Body Set, though sa Lower Body, relatively mas maikli lang. I found the program sa bodybuilding.com.
    Eto yung link..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-bizzy-diet.html

Kinonsider kong gawin tong program na to due to the sole purpose of fat loss. I agree, too much fatigue can lose muscles. Kaya lang, may initial goal is to lessen body fat percentage muna. I can bulk the muscles once nababa ko na body fat ko.

Whats your take on this? @Aestecniques @dimzon03 @kenzy

From what I read, hindi sya pang beginner. Have you tried any workouts before? 

Maybe use diet for fat-loss and then use weight-lifting to retain your current muscles (Or gain new ones since meron ka pang noob gains)? With that work-out kakainin talaga ang muscles mo, bagay sya sa mga maskulado na who doesn't mind if they lose muscle (kumbaga pang prep for a contest or a model prepping for a photoshoot). 

Pero kung konti pa ang muscles mo to begin with baka maubos yun sa program na yan
  • AestecniquesAestecniques Posts: 487
    Ah kaya pala 21 Days din yung dito mo bro. Well , pwede nga siya if ultimately weight-loss ang aim mo. And in circuits pala ito bro, so dapat yung continuous ang change ng exercise to exercise. Nabasa mo din ba na sinabi niya na the entire workout is done without rest? 

Barbell Bench Press - One Arm Row - Military Press - Curls - Kick Back - 2 Circuits x Load

I suggest ganito mo ijournal.

Ito naman bro ay akin lang advice..nasa sayo bro kung pakikinggan mo pero ayon na din sa gumawa ng program;

This is a crash course, a hardcore action plan, an emergency break-glass-when-needed rescue package for when you're not happy with your condition -- and you need to be, stat.

This is not for beginners. It's for busy people who already have some training experience, but aren't as tight as needed for that important event right around the corner: whether it's a wedding, a photo shoot, or a reunion. Anything, really.

You won't get an elite physique in 3 weeks, especially if you've been out for a while

Meaning to say that this is a course for those who have already a muscle mass foundation, that want to cut ASAP because of a photoshoot, competition, or event...

If ever you change your mind, I suggest you refer to @jomski program. With a calorie deficit diet... you will enjoy our beloved newbie gains that even muscles seems to develop as body recomposes.
    Tama ung sabi ni @Aestecniques, try mo ung calorie deficit if gusto mo magbawas timbang. Effective saken to, calorie deficit lang ako kapag gusto ko magbawas timbang and papayat konti. Add nmn ng calorie on top of my maintenance kapag gusto ko dagdag weight or magpa-bulk.
    @Aestecniques Yes. Kaya 21 days. Nabasa ko din yung premise na dapat "circuit training like" siya without rest. Im following the program, pero not to the dot. The repetitions and diet, yes, pero may rest ako after 2 exercises. I want to ensure din na tama yung form ko. Sige, ill check out @jomski journal.

Exercise 1
    Exercise 2
    Rest (1-2 mins)
    Exercise 3
    Exercise 4
    Rest (1-2 mins)
    Exercise 5

@jomski, I tried before, pero hindi ko natapos. 3 months ago, I went under a trainer pero the results were not that good. So, I followed this program. I noticed kasi that bulking up for me is easier than losing fat - kaya tinry ko tong program na to. I'll do measurements so I can check din if may muscle growth or loss. But Im hoping talaga, fat lang, or yung muscles maintained as is.
    brad @kenzy, Agree ako dyan sa calorie deficit method mo. Yun ang tintry kong gawin ngayon, in addition to the exercise Im using. Based on my height and weight, I calculated that I need 2003 calories for fat loss. However, given a diet im following (at least for the past 2 days), below 2000 naman yung intake ko.

Total Calories Taken Jul-27 Jul-28
    1,556.20 1,983.00

For now, Im much more focused on losing fat before bulking up. Siguro once bumaba na body fat ko, then Ill bulk up.
    brad @kenzy, salamat pala sa link regarding macros! I was able to compute yung requirements ko.

Here are my stats:

Ratio
    Carbs 35%
    Protein 50%
    Fat 15%

Daily Requirement
    Protein 202 gm
    Carbs 175 gm
    Fat 55 gm
    try to check your weight na lng siguro every week para hindi ka malito, as advised na din ng mga masters dito. mga 2-3 days hindi pa siguro makikita kung umeepekto ung deficit mo. pero saken, mga 3-5 days kapag nagddeficit ako, may napapansin ako pagbabago, salamin lang basehan ko, then chineck ko na din ung sa timbangan. Mas okay nga yan pafs, bawas fats muna bago magbulk. Goodluck, stay focus and motivated  :clean:
    @kenzy, salamat sa paalala! Let's get that dream body! *apir*
    scorched wrote:
    brad @kenzy, salamat pala sa link regarding macros! I was able to compute yung requirements ko.

Here are my stats:

Ratio
    Carbs    35%
    Protein  50%
    Fat    15%

Daily Requirement
    Protein   202 gm
    Carbs     175 gm
    Fat       55 gm

no problem pafs :biggrin: . dito lang din ako natuto ng ganyan eh, buti na lang may site na ganito at may mga fellow pbb members and masters na tumutulong saten dito.
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    scorched wrote:

Here are my stats:

Ratio
    Carbs 35%
    Protein 50%
    Fat 15%

Daily Requirement
    Protein 202 gm
    Carbs 175 gm
    Fat 55 gm

What is the basis of taking 202 grams of protein every day ?

You're just a 180-lb male and, given your current strength level, your body fat is probably 20 to 25 %. That leaves you a fat-free mass of 135 to 144 lbs.

Depending on your goal (bulking or cutting), protein daily intake is 0.8 to 1.1 grams for every pound of fat-free mass. Go to higher end range if you are on a cut

There is nothing wrong with taking more protein than what is required but protein is an expensive energy source. Also, if that 202 grams of protein will come from meat, you might find it hard to manage your carbs and fats because protein from meat is very satieting

By the way, I suggest you focus on bulking. With your current strength level, there would nothing to show off once you shred the excess body fat. You'd just look like a skinny sick person and it would look a lot worse given your height of 5'9"

As for your current training program, stop that high-rep training bullshit if you are doing it for fat loss
    @nrg500, thanks for your input. Any advise on how should I do my lifting program? Currently, my goal is fat loss.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of HIIT for fat loss?

In addition to this, Im also doing caloric deficit method.
    Day 4: July 30 2015

Rest Day

Additional Cardio Workout:
    1. 4 minutes slow walk (4-6)
    2. 16 minutes -HIIT, 1 minute run then 1 minute walk (8,9,10,14)
    3. Double Box Jump - 10 reps X bodyweight x 2 sets
    4. Square Jump - 10 reps x bodyweight x 2 sets
    5. Bodyweight Jumps - 15-20reps x bodyweight x 2 sets
    6. Jumps with Ball - 15 reps x 8.8 lbs x 2 sets

Bonus:
    1. Plank - 45 secs x 1 set
    2. Side Plank - 45 secs x 1 set (per side)
    3. Twists with Ball - 30reps x 1 set (per side) x 8.8 lbs.

Then may konting cardio ulit mamaya at may practice kami para sa presentation sa sabado.
    HIIT + eating less = skinny wuss

If you want to get ripped, build muscle by getting strong then lose the excess body fat. You get strong thru progressive overload.

There are lots of training programs that are proven to be effective like Starting Strength and Wendler 5/3/1. Use them for 3 to 6 months and see how it works for you

Right now, stop thinking on getting ripped and focus on getting strong.
    Day 5: July 31, 2015

Lower + Cardio
    A. For 20 mins, HIIT = 1 min run (4-6), 1 min walk (8-13)

B. Lower
    1. Squats (20reps X 100lbs x 2 sets)
    2. Dumbbell Lunges (15 reps per side x 25lbs x 2 sets)
    3. Standing Calf Raises (35 reps x 30lbs x 2 sets)
    4. Crunches (30 reps x bodyweight x 2 sets)
    5. Crunches - Elbow to Knees (30 reps x bodyweight x 2 sets)

C.For 10 mins, HIIT = 5 min walk (4-6), 5 min run (8-13)

D. Lower

Calorie Intake: 2,124. 19 kcals
    Protein: 107.56
    Fats: 68.15
    Carbs: 270.15

Then dance practice pa nung kinagabihan.
    Day 6: August 1, 2015

Rest Day

Dance presentation and sportsfest today! Kahit paano nabanat ang buto and nakapagpawis. May konting basketball din.

Calorie Intake:2,345.90
    Prot: 95.45
    Fats: 74.70
    Carbs: 322.95
    Day 7: August 2, 2015

Rest Day

No activity today. Total rest day, tulog then meetup with friends.

Calorie Intake:2,231.14
    Prot: 107.45
    Fats: 93.70
    Carbs: 239.11
  • Bro, anong e-mail mo, I will send you an e-book, Muscle Revolution by Chad Waterbury. Instead of looking for a program, learn to make one, specifically for your goals. All the concepts are already there. Chad is physiologist with specialization in neuroscience.
    @Aestecniques uy! Salamat dyan sa e-Book! Ill look into it. Panalo talaga kayong mga brad sa PBB! I PM ko sayo.
    scorched wrote:
    Day 5: July 31, 2015

Lower + Cardio
    A. For 20 mins, HIIT = 1 min run (4-6), 1 min walk (8-13)

B. Lower

C.For 10 mins, HIIT = 5 min walk (4-6), 5 min run (8-13)

D. Lower

Calorie Intake: 2,124. 19 kcals
    Protein: 107.56
    Fats: 68.15
    Carbs: 270.15

Then dance practice pa nung kinagabihan.

Lift a weight that you can do for 5 to 8 reps. That is how you get strong. Put more focus on lifting heavy and switch to a proven-to-be-effective training program like Starting Strength

There is too much cardio, that won't get you ripped and muscular
    @nrg500, I'll incorporate that in my routine this week.
    Bro, anong e-mail mo, I will send you an e-book, Muscle Revolution by Chad Waterbury. Instead of looking for a program, learn to make one, specifically for your goals. All the concepts are already there. Chad is physiologist with specialization in neuroscience.

For a newbie, it's better to use a training program proven to give results like Starting Strength or Wendler 5/3/1. If he has access to a no-BS, knowledgeable training coach, it would be better.

Yes, time will come that you would need to have your own training program but now is not the time
    scorched wrote:
    @nrg500, I'll incorporate that in my routine this week.

If you are going to use a training program, use it as it is. Do not add or remove anything to it

How would you know if the program is effective if you modified it ?

Yes, you can add cardio but not like the one you are doing. Again, cardio is not bad. It becomes a detriment to muscle gains when you start doing it for fat loss. If you want to lose fat, check your diet
  • nrg500 wrote:
    Bro, anong e-mail mo, I will send you an e-book, Muscle Revolution by Chad Waterbury. Instead of looking for a program, learn to make one, specifically for your goals. All the concepts are already there. Chad is physiologist with specialization in neuroscience.

For a newbie, it's better to use a training program proven to give results like Starting Strength or Wendler 5/3/1. If he has access to a no-BS, knowledgeable training coach, it would be better.

Yes, time will come that you would need to have your own training program but now is not the time

Yung kay Mike Rippetoe ba na Starting Strength sir @nrg500? Send ko din sa kanya.
    Ang nakikita ko kasi kay scorched ay gusto niya maging ripped and muscular within a short time

Walang quick gains sa bodybuilding. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Baka kahit naglalako ng taho / fishball ay ripped and muscular din
    @nrg500, I appreciate your input always, as well as @Aestecniques. I'm not doing this for quick results. I'm inculcating self-discipline sa diet as well as exercise for this 21 day journey. Once its done, Ill commit to a more long term program, that will really show progressive results. With your help, I can do it. :)