From Fat

Comments

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Okay sir vinch. :)

Thanks sir vinch,john,miggi and core for helping out. :)
    sorry sa abala.

SirJoHN.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 109
    ^Do you even know how to read?
    SirJoHN wrote:

Yes. Why'd you asked?
    Obviously you don't lol
    SirJoHN wrote:
    Obviously you don't lol

Are you talkin' to yourself at the mirror right now? Your respond only proves the otherwise.

Now bump*
    Core wrote:
    SirJoHN wrote:

Yes. Why'd you asked?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! sorry but you are DAF
  • Core wrote:

sorry sa abala.

SirJoHN.

may nakalagay na thanks to sir vinch, JOHN,miggi bro haha
    lol at that^ mod

still not replying? i see
    Are you talkin' to yourself at the mirror right now? Your respond only proves the otherwise.

Now bump* LOL LOL LOL
    Core wrote:
    SirJoHN wrote:
    Obviously you don't lol

Now bump*
    Core wrote:
    SirJoHN wrote:

Yes. Why'd you asked?
    miggiboy wrote:
    Core wrote:

sorry sa abala.

SirJoHN.

may nakalagay na thanks to sir vinch, JOHN,miggi bro haha

Oh ok. Didn't see that coming.
    SirJoHN wrote:
    lol at that^ mod

still not replying? i see

Having prob with net connections right now. Guess I deserve that one!
  • Photo Update: March 2, 2014

1940014_10201724526095176_466797263_n.jpg
  • Tagal ko nang hindi nakakaupdate ng Journal.
    Eto yung AllPro: A Simple Beginner's Routine
    A Simple beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
    FAQ
    Question 1: So how many sets am I doing exactly?
    Answer: You are doing exactly 2 work-sets for each exercise. In addition, you are doing 2 warm-up sets for the first three exercises only (Squats, Bench Press and Bent Over Rows) - the remaining four exercises do not require warm-ups, however you can do them if you feel the need to. Here is a blue-print for all the sets you should be doing, in that order:

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set

Q2: How do I know what weight I should get started with for each exercise in the routine?
    A: This is explained in detail here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post928710923

Q3: Will I gain muscle mass on this routine?
    A: despite what you may think, gaining muscle mass is not just about lifting weights; the training is just a catalyst, which will create the conditions necessary for new musclee to be built. However, to actually build that muscle, you need to eat at a calorie surplus (consume more calories than you burn). There is no way around this, and you will not be able to avoid having to do some simple calculations if you want results. To understand this, visit this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 and make sure to read and understand the entire first post by Emma. If you have any questions regarding diet, ask them in that thread. This is possibly the single most important thread you can read over here - if you will only read on thread, let it be that one.

Q4: I have never lifted before and I am completely out of shape. Is this routine appropriate for me?
    A: All Pro designed this routine with EXACTLY you in mind. It's perfect for you.

Q5: I have tested my 10 rep maxes for each exercise. I have already completed two full weeks of the first cycle, and the weights seem too low for me, I feel like I could lift much more! Should I increase the weight?
    A: first things first - avoid increasing weight mid-cycle and only do it with the beginning of the next cycle if necessary. Second, the routine is designed so that the first 2-3 weeks will feel relatively easy - this is true for everyone, and you are not superman for feeling the same thing. Finish the first cycle completely (full 5 weeks) without adding any weight to any exercise, even if it does feel too simple. If at the end of the 5th week of the first cycle you still feel that some of the weights are way too low, you may attempt to increase the weight by slightly more than 10% for the next cycle - however, this only makes sense if it was REALLY too easy for you. if it was just a "little" easy, you're better off sticking with the program. All of these dilemmas can be avoided if you simply test your 10 rep maxes for each exercise properly, so make sure to take your time doing that properly.

Q6: there is no triceps exercise in this routine, what gives?
    A: your triceps are being hit quite hard during both Bench Presses and the Overhead Presses - as a beginner, you do not need more than that. Do not add any extra triceps work or you are almost guaranteed to fail on either the BP's or the OHP's, or both.

Q7: I like doing pull-ups, push-ups, and standing on my head. Can I add in those exercises into the routine?
    A: do not add any extra exercises until you have completed a minimum of 3 cycles. Once you're going into the fourth, and you feel like you need to do some extra work on certain muscles, you can add an isolated assistance exercise for them - do only one set and at the very end of your routine (after calf raises). The assistance exercise follows the same rep scheme as all the other exercises. And do not ever add more than one assistance exercise per cycle - if you do so, and some of your other lifts stall, you won't know which of your new additions might have caused that stall. Stick to only adding one extra assistance exercise per cycle, up to a maximum of two (though I believe that is already pushing it). Only do this if you know and have solid reason to believe that you really do require that extra assistance work - if uncertain, ask in this thread, someone will surely help you out.

Q8: Why are there no regular Deadlifts in this routine, only stiff-legged deadlifts? I feel like a boss doing deadlifts
    A: there are two reasons for that:

1) Neither squats nor regular deadlifts address the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes, spinal erectors complex) properly. By doing squats + stiff-legged deadlifts, this problem is solved, and a balance is introduced.

2) Squats and regular deadlifts are two exercises that are very taxing to the central nervous system. As a beginner if you did both of those exercises on the same routine, you are more likely to burn out sooner than later. Stif-legged deadlifts solve this issue.

Q9: what type of extra cardio should I do?
    A: it is best that you do not overdo your cardio on this routine, since it can get you fatigued enough to hamper your performance in the gym. Two 30 minute jogging sessions (moderate heart rate or HIIT) per week should be enough. I would make sure that none of your cardio takes place on the day right before any of your heavy days. Do any cardio you want to do on rest days. Remember though that cardio is primarily good for your cardiovascular system's health - for fat loss, your diet will be far more important than any cardio that you do.

Q10: What type of ab workouts should I do?
    A: seems like everyone responds to different ab exercises, so you will just have to try for yourself and see which one works best for you. you can do cardio either on your off days, or on your work-out days right after the work-out, assuming you still have enough energy for them. if you go for crunches or similar, make sure to do them with extra weight - aim for 15 reps on the first week of the cycle, and add 2 extra reps per week for a total of 25 reps on week 5 of the cycle. Ab workout is not necessary for everybody though - your midsection is getting tons of workout in this routine since it acts as a stabilizer in basically every single exercise. So up to you to decide, though it's probably a good idea not to introduce cardio until after you've completed the entire first cycle. Start with one set, and if it does not hinder your performance in the other exercises - add a second set at the start of the next cycle.

Q11: Are there any videos that show how each exercise should be performed?
    A: there are tons of them online. A good place to get started is this playlist:

Q12: Can I substitute any of the exercises in this routine for other exercises?
    A: as a general rule, no, you can't (barring certain situations where an injury may prevent you from doing a specific movement). One exception being the curls, which can be substituted for standing upright rows (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...prightRow.html). This is more of a compound exercise and it actually fits the rest of the routine more nicely. Curls were added by all pro mostly because "everyone would want to do them anyway", so if your ego will survive it, go for the upright rows instead of the curls - it's a far better overall body exercise. Up to you though.

Q13: Can I use dumbbells instead of a barbell to perform the exercises in this routine?
    A: Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that the program was designed with a barbell in mind; some of these exercises are more difficult to perform correctly with dumbbells, not to mention that as the weights you lift increase, your grip on the dumbbells will become a limiting factor (not so with a barbell). Do everything you can to get your hands on a bar, and only use dumbbells as a last resort.

Q14: damn, I missed my medium training day due to [insert any reason here]. What should I do?
    A: if for some reason you are not capable of performing three exercises on a given week, you can perform only two, however both will then have to be heavy days. Allow a minimum of 2 rest days both before and after your second heavy day on such a week. However, doing this too often will hinder recovery - the routine was very carefully designed for 3 weekly workouts, and changing that should only be done in extreme cases.

Q15: So I managed to complete all reps for both work-sets for all exercises on my "test day" (heavy day of week 5). How much should I increase my weights for those exercises?
    A: You should add 10% to each exercise that you passed, and don't forget to include the weight of the bar. For example, if you use an Olympic 45 lbs. bar, and you load that with 55 lbs. for squats, you would increase the weight up to (55 + 45)*1,1 for the next cycle, which would make it 110 lbs (again, this includes the barbell).

Q16: So I have managed to complete all reps for all exercises on all workouts, except for the overhead press... I only managed to get 11 reps on the second work-set of week 5 heavy day for those... can I bump the weight up anyway for the next cycle? I mean come on, I only missed one rep... pretty please?
    A: You can already see by the sarcastic way the question above was phrased that the answer is going to be "no" you can only increase the weight for the next cycle by 10% if you manage to complete 12 reps for each work-set on heavy day of week 5. Not a single rep more, and not a single rep less. If you failed even a single rep, you will need to repeat the weight for that failed exercise for the duration of the entire next cycle (5 week period). This is a safe-guard designed to make sure you do not keep infinitely stalling on the same exercise and to give the involved muscles enough time to rest and recover for some more banging.

Q17: How do I know if I am a "Beginner" or not?
    A: A beginner is, generally speaking, anyone who cannot squat twice his body weight, and bench press 1,5 times his body weight, for one repetition. So if you weigh 200 lbs for example, you should be able to squat once for close to 400 lbs. and bench press once for close to 300 lbs, in order to be considered to have moved beyond the "beginner" stage. It has nothing to do with how long you have been lifting weights - there are many people who have been going to the gym for a few years and who are still considered beginners. As long as your lifts are noticeably below the threshold described above, you are still a beginner and you'll benefit greatly from this routine.

Nasa 3rd cycle na ako next week. Looking at my before and after photo. Parang walang pinagbago/ no gainz LOL

Squats - 100lbs
    Bench Presses - 90lbs
    Bent-Over Rows - 115lbs (Failed, same weight next cycle)
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 55lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 170lbs
    Barbell Curls - 45lbs
    Calf Raises - 70lbs
  • beardugo2014beardugo2014 Posts: 208
    if no gainz, either its going to take a while for your body to change so hintay pa ng 2 weeks, o baka diet na ang issue dito.
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    if no gainz, either its going to take a while for your body to change so hintay pa ng 2 weeks, o baka diet na ang issue dito.

I've checked your lifting stats before ( last time you've logged in was feb). Nag deload ka ba or tumigil sa buhat pre? kumusta nutrition natin?

tama si @beardugo2014 , IMO, it takes months, before mag "mature" yung w.o sa body mo. Since 3 weeks ka pa lang sa work out routine na pinili mo, patience lang.

also IMO, the BIGGEST if not one of the factor for gainz is NUTRITION( aside from rest and work out intensity), kaya ko tinanong kung tumigil ka or nag deload is because halos pareho lahat nang lifting stats mo. Sakin kase nang yayari na bumababa lift ko if ever wala akong tulog or basag nutrition ko.
  • rtravino29 wrote:
    I've checked your lifting stats before ( last time you've logged in was feb). Nag deload ka ba or tumigil sa buhat pre? kumusta nutrition natin?

tama si @beardugo2014 , IMO, it takes months, before mag "mature" yung w.o sa body mo. Since 3 weeks ka pa lang sa work out routine na pinili mo, patience lang.

also IMO, the BIGGEST if not one of the factor for gainz is NUTRITION( aside from rest and work out intensity), kaya ko tinanong kung tumigil ka or nag deload is because halos pareho lahat nang lifting stats mo. Sakin kase nang yayari na bumababa lift ko if ever wala akong tulog or basag nutrition ko.

Dirediretyo parin po buhat ko po sir kahit nag inactive ako sa pbb. 2 months(2 cycles) ko na po ginagawa yung AllPro: A Simple Beginner's Routine. Natatarget ko naman po yung Macros ko po at clean naman po mga kinakain ko. Eto po lifting stats ko mula po nag simula ako ng AllPro: A Simple Beginner's Routine

Cycle 1
    Squats - 90lbs
    Bench Presses - 80lbs
    Bent-Over Rows - 105lbs
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 50lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 170lbs (Failed, same weight next cycle)
    Barbell Curls - 40lbs
    Calf Raises - 60lbs

Cycle 2
    Squats - 100lbs
    Bench Presses - 90lbs
    Bent-Over Rows - 115lbs (Failed, same weight next cycle)
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 55lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 170lbs
    Barbell Curls - 45lbs
    Calf Raises - 70lbs

Cycle 3 (ongoing)
    Squats - 110lbs
    Bench Presses - 100lbs
    Bent-Over Rows - 115lbs
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 60lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 185lbs
    Barbell Curls - 50lbs
    Calf Raises - 85lbs
  • Update

Cycle 4 for next week (June 30):

Squats - 120lbs
    Bench Presses - 110lbs
    Bent-Over Rows - 125lbs
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 65lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 200lbs
    Barbell Curls - 50lbs (Failed, same weight)
    Calf Raises - 95lbs

Dahil 4th cycle na pwede na mag add ng isang exercise.
    barbell shrugs
  • UPDATE

Cycle 5 for next week (Aug 4):

Squats - 130lbs
    Bench Presses - 110lbs (Failed, same weight)
    Bent-Over Rows - 125lbs (Failed, same weight)
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 70lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 220lbs
    Barbell Curls - 55lbs
    Calf Raises - 105lbs
    Barbell Shrug - 110lbs

Nakain ako ng surplus 2,500cal - 2,700 cal. 200g protein for 2-3 months.. Pero still no change ng weight. Should I increase my macros? Natatakot kasi ako sa "MUFFIN TOP" may ganyan kasi ako baka mas lumala haha. Please help mga ka pbb. Ok tingnan yung harap ko. pero pag tiningnan na likod ko i dont know if loose skin or fat to dahil mataba ako dati.. Thanks PBB!
  • LazarLazar Posts: 565
    @santosdarryl - nag mabilisang basa ako sa journal mo. First, kamusta ang injury? Kasi based sa lifting stats mo, possible na kulang na sa intensity. Kumbaga, hindi na hardcore. Pero I'll understand kung ang dahilan is yung injury mo kaya tinanong ko muna.

Baka kasi sanay na sanay na yung katawan mo sa mga buhat mo.

GL
  • Lazar wrote:
    @santosdarryl - nag mabilisang basa ako sa journal mo. First, kamusta ang injury? Kasi based sa lifting stats mo, possible na kulang na sa intensity. Kumbaga, hindi na hardcore. Pero I'll understand kung ang dahilan is yung injury mo kaya tinanong ko muna.

Baka kasi sanay na sanay na yung katawan mo sa mga buhat mo.

GL

Sir @Lazar, okay na po yung injury ko.. Hindi ko lang kaya magdumbell press kasi natatakot ako kaya barbell yung nasa program ko ngayon..

Bale, magpapalit na ako ng program ko sir? Thanks!
    Ah okay good. Sorry, ilang weeks ka na sa program mo? Kamusta progress sa strength? Kasi hindi lang naman sa body ang progress.
  • Sir @Lazar, okay naman po. Tumataas naman po yung bigat ng binubuhat ko every month ng 10%. Example po nun squats ko last april(ata) 90lbs tapos po ngayon ay 130 na po. nagsstall lang po yung ibang exercise kaya inuulit ko po per cycle.
    Bale po yung program ko po kasi ay 1 cycle = 4 weeks. 1st week 8 reps, 4th week 12reps. monday=heavy,wednesday=medium,friday=light.
    every 4th week po dapat maka 12reps po ako sa heavy ko po ng clean(tamang posture,no rest between reps,etc). pag hindi po ako naka 12reps ibigsabihin uultiin ko po yung weight for the next cycle. Kaya po dun sa log ko may " (Failed, same weight)" na nakalagay. ayun po..
    Thanks bro! Mag basa rin ako about your program. Mukhang ok siya.
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    welcome back brod and keep your journal updated na rin para makatulong sa iba :)
  • bokehbokeh Posts: 394
    Ayos tong routine mo bro ah may ganito pala sa pang beginner hehe. Halos lahat kasi ng nabasa ko dati is magdagdag every workout ng 5lbs, pero yung sayo is 10% on the next cycle.

Ang worry ko lang dito is madali masanay ang katawan pag same weight for 1 month ang binubuhat. Naisip ko lang naman. Pero since okay naman ang gainzzz mo hehe.

Question: when do you plan on hopping to a new program? :)
  • Lazar wrote:
    @Lazar Salamat din po sir :)
    Emman1986 wrote:
    welcome back brod and keep your journal updated na rin para makatulong sa iba :)
    Thanks sir @Emman1986 :)
    bokeh wrote:
    Ayos tong routine mo bro ah may ganito pala sa pang beginner hehe. Halos lahat kasi ng nabasa ko dati is magdagdag every workout ng 5lbs, pero yung sayo is 10% on the next cycle.

Ang worry ko lang dito is madali masanay ang katawan pag same weight for 1 month ang binubuhat. Naisip ko lang naman. Pero since okay naman ang gainzzz mo hehe.

Sir @bokeh yup feeling ko nasasanay nga po yung katawan for the weight pero parang ang kalaban po is the reps. Kasi for the 1st-2nd week 8-9 reps lang po pero sa susunod medyo may challenge na(10-12reps).

Siguro po sir after the 6th or 7th cycle. Ang gusto ko lang po kasi dito ay compund lahat ng excercises hehe. salamat sir :)
  • bokehbokeh Posts: 394
    Lazar wrote:
    @Lazar Salamat din po sir :)
    Emman1986 wrote:
    Thanks sir @Emman1986 :)
    bokeh wrote:

Sir @bokeh yup feeling ko nasasanay nga po yung katawan for the weight pero parang ang kalaban po is the reps. Kasi for the 1st-2nd week 8-9 reps lang po pero sa susunod medyo may challenge na(10-12reps).

Siguro po sir after the 6th or 7th cycle. Ang gusto ko lang po kasi dito ay compund lahat ng excercises hehe. salamat sir :)

Ayos bro! ang daming cycle hehe sarap ng gainz mo nyan.

Happy lifting :)
    bokeh wrote:

There are lots of ways to increase the intensity of a WO or an exercise/s.

One is by using the same poundage but increasing the reps. Or the other way around by using the same reps but progressive overload as they say, increasing weight. Another using the same weight and rep scheme but shortens the recuperation between sets/exercise of the WO, every bouts.

Or even applying all together or any combination.
  • UPDATE

Cycle 6 for next week (Sept 8):

Squats - 140lbs
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 70lbs (Failed, same weight)
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 220lbs (Failed, same weight)
    Barbell Curls - 55lbs (Failed, same weight)
    Calf Raises - 115lbs
    Barbell Shrug - 120lbs

Added
    Lat Pulldown: 220lbs

Supplements for the past 2mos:
    BSN Syntha-6
    BSN N.O. Xplode
    BSN Aminox
    ON Creatine powder

Average calories when I started this workout routine:
    2,700 - 3000 cal
    180-200 g of protein

weight plateau
    80kg simula nung 2,700 cal ako.
    I was 75kg nung nagstart nitong program(March 2014 @ 2,700 - 3,000 ave cal per day). then from July to this date(Sept 6, 2014) 80kg ako same calorie intake per day.

QUESTION mga sir:
    Tataasan ko ba yung cal intake ko? Yun po ba sagot para mas makapagbuhat ako ng masmabigat?

Thanks!
    Squats - 140lbs
    Calf Raises - 115lbs
    Barbell Shrug - 120lbs

ano to bro? 1RM PR ? 12 RM PR?
    Tataasan ko ba yung cal intake ko? Yun po ba sagot para mas makapagbuhat ako ng masmabigat?

Isa po yan sa sagot para makapag buhat ka nang mabigat, big factor din ang training intelligently as well as rest.
  • rtravino29 wrote:
    Squats - 140lbs
    Calf Raises - 115lbs
    Barbell Shrug - 120lbs

ano to bro? 1RM PR ? 12 RM PR?

Isa po yan sa sagot para makapag buhat ka nang mabigat, big factor din ang training intelligently as well as rest.

@rtravino29 Eto po yung program ko po na ginagawa sir:
    http://pinoybodybuilding.com/Thread-From-Fat?pid=116874#pid116874

Normal pa ba po yung calorie intake na more than 3,000cal per day?
    Para sa height ko na 5'6 tapos 80kg? I'm still playing with my macros, 2,500 daw bulking ko pero namayat naman ako dati then naglaro sa 2,700 - 3,000 nag maintenance naman sya pero sabi sa macro calculator bulking ko na yun. 20%bf po ako.
    I honestly don't know what advise I can give to you since im also struggling in terms of my nutrition, but IMO, parang sobrang taas nang 3K cal per day ( with 5'6 height ha, 5'10 kase yung nasa side bar mo ). I'm 5'8 and my cal for bulking is 2.6K, slowly I can see some diff. with my lifting stats / body naman so satisfied naman ako.

In your case, since sabi mo nga diba, sa 2,500 cal namayat ka, baka naman super saiyan ecto ka kaya nag mumukhang deficit yung 2.5 cal instead na bulk cal mo na sya. masasabi ko lang siguro eh If you feel and see that there's some changes in your power / lbs / body sa 3k cal na kinakain mo, then go for it, pero kung taliwas sya sa goal mo ( aesthetic lang habol mo for example ) then I might say na bawasan mo.

edit :
    mga ganitong tanong, mas magandang sumagot eh sila sir vinch / core .try mo tanong sila.