Why Protein Is Important to Weight Loss

Why Protein Is Important to Weight Loss

<p>You start your diet, and you follow all the instructions you were given. You keep to the diet constantly, but you do not lose the weight. Maybe you follow the diet, and you do lose the weight, and you feel great. In addition you have reached your goal, great. Then you gain the weight back and maybe more. Most people start a diet not knowing that a diet is not temporary. A diet is really a weight management program which includes good protein, nutrition, and exercise.</p>
<p>How does protein affect your weight? According to an article by David Heber M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.N. and the Director of UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, protein is an important component of every cell in the body. It is a organic compound composed of 22 amino acids, also known as the building blocks of life. Protein stored in the muscles and organs till the body uses it to build and to repair tissue, and it produces enzymes and hormones. Protein also makes possible for the blood to carry oxygen throughout the body.</p>
<p>There's widespread popularity of high protein diets. This is due to their ability to help manage hunger. When protein is absorbed, it send a signal to lower your hunger. Also help in raising your resting metabolism by maintaining muscle mass. A lack of protein can cause the loss of muscle mass, decrease immunity, and weakening the heart,and respiratory systems. as we age muscle mass decreases with out exercise. Staying fit is the key to burning fat and keeping your metabolism high.</p>
<p>Consider the source. You can obtain good source of protein without high levels of saturated fat. For example, whole grains, nuts, and soybeans provide protein without a lot of saturated fat and offers plenty of healthy fiber, and turkey, chicken, pork, lean beef, red meat, fish,and beans are all a good source of protein. here, is a common meal, a cheese burger, french fries, and a soda. This meal is high with saturated fats and sugar. Do not forget about your snacks, you will want healthy snacks like fresh fruit and vegetables, and consider protein snacks to feel full till it meal time.</p>
<p>Are you drinking enough water? As a guideline you will want to drink six to eight 8 oz glasses of water. For replacing fluids, soft drinks and fruit juices make a bad choice because of their calorie content. When you are ready to lose weight you will want to find a good program that teaches you how to lose the weight and to keep it off.</p>
<p><em>This entry passed through the <a href="http://fivefilters.org/content-only/">Full-Text RSS</a> service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at <a href="http://fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers">fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers</a>. <a href="http://fivefilters.org">Five Filters</a> featured article: <a href="http://medialens.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=620">If At First You Don't Succeed - Four Decades Of US-UK Attempts To Topple Gadafi</a>.</em></p>

http://ezinearticles.com/6232122

Comments

• nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    In addtion

It is a myth that a high-protein diet can damage the kidneys

Just drink lots of water. I drink around 15 to 20 tall glasses of water everyday

I had my kidney checked recently and everything is fine with my kidneys

I have been on a high-protein diet for more than 2 years now
  • rrobinrrobin Posts: 131
    More original composition, less copy paste I hope...
  • AldrinAldrin Posts: 799
    nrg500 wrote:
    In addtion

It is a myth that a high-protein diet can damage the kidneys

Just drink lots of water. I drink around 15 to 20 tall glasses of water everyday

I had my kidney checked recently and everything is fine with my kidneys

I have been on a high-protein diet for more than 2 years now

agree....

sa tingin ko ang delikado talaga ..yung maraming supplements na ginagamit..kaibigan ko tinamaan kidney nung gumamit 10 supplements...
  • sv_jettrosv_jettro Posts: 5
    Nice post.. keep it up sir!
  • KennethKenneth Posts: 4
    Most of the common problem arises due to the less use of the water but we should use the maximum water to remove the skin problems.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    ^

that's very true! I often get annoyed by people saying I get this with this/that supplement but if they took enough water it would solve most of the problems
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 1
    The most people who can't use water of more than ten glass can face a skin problem.If you use more quantity of protein your weight can be lose.
  • El-bad4ssEl-bad4ss Posts: 265
    i'm having some skin problems right now and i blame it on creatine and that i dont drink enough water. lack of sleep probably doesnt help either. one thing i notice when you're in bulking phase thats when you start getting skin problems. im basing this on my personal experience.
  • Useful read about the Why Protein Is Important to Weight Loss,.
    I thinks The Creatine is best for the smart people to clean body parts,.Its also helps you to lose the fats of the body and make your body shape ,.
  • ProlevelzProlevelz Posts: 1,162
    Wooohhhhhhh!

May natutunan na naman ako dito

Kidney at Skin Problem:

ah dapat marami talaga iinomin na H2O
    tsaka nararanasan ko na tong skin prob ngayon Dahil ata sa Gold Whey by On....

Atleast another knowledge na naman.... Thanks sa Thread na ito
  • wow, so mali pala yung mga sinasabi ng iba na wag gagamit ng whey o protein supplements kasi lalong tataba and hindi mag lolose ng weight?

salamat sa info! great help!:)
  • @bentong malamang ang mga nagsabi nun is unga uminom nun at di nag eexercise ng matino tapos sabayan pa ng wala disiplina sa pagkain kaya tumaba.
  • ahahaha! ganun na nga siguro... daming magagandang inputs nakukuha ko dito sa PBB!
  • umali0032umali0032 Posts: 68
    so pwde po pla ipag sabay ang whey at creatine, kht d na gumamit ng fat burners?
  • ProlevelzProlevelz Posts: 1,162
    umali0032 wrote:
    so pwde po pla ipag sabay ang whey at creatine, kht d na gumamit ng fat burners?

pwedemg pwede,..

pwede ring crea for pre WO
    tsaka whey sa post WO.
  • rugged666rugged666 Posts: 582
    umali0032 wrote:

mas magandang idaan sa diet ang weight loss kysa inum ng fat burners.. yung pambili mo ng fat burners, invest mo na lng sa whey protein at iba pa.
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    umali0032 wrote:
    Waste of money waste of time, sa mga nag sabing nanaba sa whey,baka ginawa nilang tubig ang wh3y kala nila ggnda katawan nila just by taking whey w/out the hard pounding workout and proper nutrition,
  • ot3pch4not3pch4n Posts: 134
    Alalay lang ako pagdating sa Protein-rich foods at supplements dahil sa Gout pero drinking lots of water would make a difference siguro.
    ot3pch4n wrote:
    Alalay lang ako pagdating sa Protein-rich foods at supplements dahil sa Gout pero drinking lots of water would make a difference siguro.

may medical condition ba kau sir or hereditary ng gout??
  • ot3pch4not3pch4n Posts: 134
    Unfortunately, medyo mataas ang Uric Acid ko at may Hypertension na ako at 33 years old :sad:

Hereditary iyong Hypertension sa side ng nanay ko at kapag di pa ako nagtino ay baka Diabetes naman sa side naman ni erpat :verysad:
  • Noobie12Noobie12 Posts: 648
    Just make sure sir na Low-purine yung pagkukunan mo ng protein so it won’t increase your serum uric acid level. Ito sir low purine but protein rich foods - Eggs, Nuts, Wheat, peanut butter.
    bata nyo pa sir may hypertension na kau, baka sir may bisyu pa kau??
    erpat ko nga 30yo when he passed away dahil pumutok ung nerves sa utak eh....
    monching11 wrote:
    erpat ko nga 30yo when he passed away dahil pumutok ung nerves sa utak eh....

accident? or pre existing medical condition?
    No yosi and occasional inom lang erpats ko, di ko alam anong factors siguro stress nahilo while on work ayun derecho agad sa ICU comatose then passed away the next 2 days. My point is early 30's is not that "bata" kasi ako minsan na hi-highblood pag kumakain ng maraming lechon nyahahahah. Hereditary ba
    ahh kaya nman pala, ako iwas ako sa mamantika, hereditary tlga ang hypertension, pero it may also occur if you have sedimentary lifestyle, vices, high fat/cholesterol diet. buti ako wala pa namang nafefeel n ganyan hehe, 3yrs to go 30 na rin ako.
    Naku sir monch ang uncontrolled hypertension may lead to hemorrhagic stroke, yan siguro nanyari kay erpats mo. Kelangan talaga healthy lifestyle na once na diagnose ka na may hypertension.
    Uu bro, kaya eto na ang aking lifestyle hehehehe. nurse ka din ba noobie?
    Sabi ni google sir monch. hahaha
    ahahahahahaha oo nga no bat di ko naisip i-google un before?!?