"it is possible"?

hi.. b4 I want to gain weight coz im so thin..im only 110lbs at 5'9 height, i know it is impossible but I do research. I found out that we should calculate our calories and also I try serious mass drink. after computing calories and drinking serious mass without going to gym. I gained 35 lbs in 5 months of drinking serious mass. then I stopped drinking it. my weight now is 145lbs.. den last month we buy a machine gym and dumbbell. i bought again serious mass and preparation for gym .

My Goal is to reach 160 lbs with muscle but how? And I am planning to shift to Pro Complex gainer..
Also,my prioritized is my Chest.. Im doing 3 sets 10 reps for machine press and flies press, bench press
dumbbell and incline dumbell. Den bicep curl. All for M-W-F workout for 45mins.

Is it possible to achieve my goal?

Comments

• bomsbonbomsbon Posts: 194
    Welcome here sir :sport:

possible yan sir, meron din mga journals ng mga members naten parehas ng goal mo,

chest lang sir ang ginagawa mong exercise? how about yung ibang bodyparts?
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    it is possible sir , i was the same boat as you are. 90lbs then eat a lot of shit foods.

No gym just pure monster eating.. then I gain a shitty weight.. then decide to lift..

Just be positive and work hard!
  • bomsbon wrote:

possible yan sir, meron din mga journals ng mga members naten parehas ng goal mo,

chest lng sir eh..kc yun iba part medyo malaki naman due to fat.. goal ko kc yun sa chest kc medyo flat sya.. ok ba yun routine ko? and may idea ka for pro complex gainer?
  • bomsbonbomsbon Posts: 194
    waley wrote:
    bomsbon wrote:

chest lng sir eh..kc yun iba part medyo malaki naman due to fat.. goal ko kc yun sa chest kc medyo flat sya.. ok ba yun routine ko? and may idea ka for pro complex gainer?

in my opinion kasi sir dapat may balance, kailangan may exercise din yung ibang bodyparts, dahil maiiwan sila in the long run, like yung sa legs mo for me kasi kung malakas ang lower body mas malakas ka sa mga presses.

Sa routine mo sa chest pwede mo hatiin siguro like kay ronnie coleman
    Monday( panay bb presses)
    W( db presses naman)

Lalaki din yan sir antay lang tsaka proper nutrition lang :sport:

antay mo din yung ibang tips ng mga members naten dito
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Chest at biceps lang winoworkout mo sir?
    Walang direct training sa back, legs, delts, tri at traps and even core?
    If yes, kung ang goal mo lang ay Weight gain yes it is possible. Pero if you want to look good or as you say with muscle, with that kind of training I really doubt.
    Like you said, malaki na ibang body part mo because of fat.
    So goodluck with your goals and welcome.
  • Hi, everythings possible :)

First off if u wanna gain muscles u need to hit the big muscles, Ur legs is the biggest muscle on ur body and if u train them they will give u added weight in muscles not in fat.

Second off, if u train ur legs ur upper body will increase in growth as u train ur upper body bcos of the production of growth hormones cos of leg workout.

third off, Ur eating. 3 important meals not to loose when hard gainer. Morning: Stop the catabolic breakdown due to fasting during the night, u need to give ur body calories. 1-1,5 hour PRE workout: U need to give ur body a good portion of carbohydrates and sufficient amount of proteins to be sure ur body has +calories when doing workout. POSTworkout: Get ur eating on!! Alot of Carbohydrates to stop the catabolic breakdown u started in the gym. CARBO CARBO CARBO focus on getting alot of carbohydrates in ur meals. U can even eat some junk after the workout ( accually the best time for all that workout if they absolutly want a junk meal.

fourth, Stop the 10reps go for as low as 4 reps 4 sets. the more reps the more energy u use, the less calories u have to build. I guess ur a ectomorph'ish and they have har time to gain weight.

Fats: 1 table spoon of fatty acids with meal will slow down ur burning and give u slower burn-up off ur eaten calories.

I would also recommend CREATINE MONOHYDRATE: more strenght more lifts more muscle gain.

I would as alway recommend the 4 compound movements, they are proven always to give u more then doing isolation exercises.

Just my opnion based on i've ectomorph myself, started out 15years ago 63kg, Now i am 92kg.

Just ask me if u find my suggestions interesting and want some more advice, i am always glad to help :)

-Chris-
  • Chris77 wrote:
    Hi, everythings possible :)

First off if u wanna gain muscles u need to hit the big muscles, Ur legs is the biggest muscle on ur body and if u train them they will give u added weight in muscles not in fat.

Second off, if u train ur legs ur upper body will increase in growth as u train ur upper body bcos of the production of growth hormones cos of leg workout.

third off, Ur eating. 3 important meals not to loose when hard gainer. Morning: Stop the catabolic breakdown due to fasting during the night, u need to give ur body calories. 1-1,5 hour PRE workout: U need to give ur body a good portion of carbohydrates and sufficient amount of proteins to be sure ur body has +calories when doing workout. POSTworkout: Get ur eating on!! Alot of Carbohydrates to stop the catabolic breakdown u started in the gym. CARBO CARBO CARBO focus on getting alot of carbohydrates in ur meals. U can even eat some junk after the workout ( accually the best time for all that workout if they absolutly want a junk meal.

fourth, Stop the 10reps go for as low as 4 reps 4 sets. the more reps the more energy u use, the less calories u have to build. I guess ur a ectomorph'ish and they have har time to gain weight.

Fats: 1 table spoon of fatty acids with meal will slow down ur burning and give u slower burn-up off ur eaten calories.

I would also recommend CREATINE MONOHYDRATE: more strenght more lifts more muscle gain.

I would as alway recommend the 4 compound movements, they are proven always to give u more then doing isolation exercises.

Just my opnion based on i've ectomorph myself, started out 15years ago 63kg, Now i am 92kg.

Just ask me if u find my suggestions interesting and want some more advice, i am always glad to help :)

-Chris-

actually im weighting 145lbs ryt now.. i just want to reach 160lbs.. im not concern about other parts of my body because i just want to gain mass in my chest so i do 3 sets 10 reps for machine press,flies press, bench press dumbell and incline. i also add bicep curl. all in m-w-f work out days, i also have a problem in my belly, i want to have abs. im drinking serious mass but thinking of shifting to pro complex gainer.. any idea? i dont want to be big bulky, i just want to have muscle in my chest area. is my work out routine is possible for my goal?
    allen101 wrote:
    Chest at biceps lang winoworkout mo sir?
    Walang direct training sa back, legs, delts, tri at traps and even core?
    If yes, kung ang goal mo lang ay Weight gain yes it is possible. Pero if you want to look good or as you say with muscle, with that kind of training I really doubt.
    Like you said, malaki na ibang body part mo because of fat.
    So goodluck with your goals and welcome.

actually im weighting 145lbs ryt now.. i just want to reach 160lbs.. im not concern about other parts of my body because i just want to gain mass in my chest so i do 3 sets 10 reps for machine press,flies press, bench press dumbell and incline. i also add bicep curl. all in m-w-f work out days, i also have a problem in my belly, i want to have abs. im drinking serious mass but thinking of shifting to pro complex gainer.. any idea? i dont want to be big bulky, i just want to have muscle in my chest area. is my work out routine is possible for my goal?
    bomsbon wrote:
    waley wrote:
    bomsbon wrote:

in my opinion kasi sir dapat may balance, kailangan may exercise din yung ibang bodyparts, dahil maiiwan sila in the long run, like yung sa legs mo for me kasi kung malakas ang lower body mas malakas ka sa mga presses.

Sa routine mo sa chest pwede mo hatiin siguro like kay ronnie coleman
    Monday( panay bb presses)
    W( db presses naman)

Lalaki din yan sir antay lang tsaka proper nutrition lang :sport:

antay mo din yung ibang tips ng mga members naten dito

set a realistic goal bro.. mahirap ang gusto mo. Super isolation ang plano mo na mahirap mangyari.

Chest muscle only, others wala..

As you've mentioned you have big parts where as most of it has fats.. do you think if you shed off those fats on your belly hindi damay ang mga taba dun?

You'll end up abomination type of person.

Abs are made in the kitchen not on the gym.

On my personal experience with the cutting method, there is no such thing as spot reduction.

If that's your goal, good luck and try your best.

I am a ectomorph btw.
  • I'm a bit confused, you want to have mass in your chest and have abs and yet don't want to do the "work" that is required of it in order to have it? Also I have this feeling that you think drinking/switching mass gainers will actually yield the results that you are expecting in your body. Supplements will not give you instant results that you want unless you do the "hard work" that is required to have the physique that you want.

So to answer your question whether your current program will work for your goals? the answer is NO. Unless you are willing to listen and apply to what has everyone by far has suggested to you regarding your question. I hope that gives you a better perspective on what the others has been telling this whole time. :)
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    @chris

-imo this is bro science, dahil ang dami sa bodyplus na mga mamaw na upper body pero ang luluwang at hahaba ng shorts para matago legs nila lolz nakikita mo ba yon allen? hahaha

-that will be more of strength training rather than a hypertrophy one and it is already stated that his goal is hypertrophy since he wants his chest to be bigger, go for 6-12 reps HEAVY and not just go for 6-12 reps with a moderate weight that's the wrong way of doing it thinking that the 6-12 rep range will magically make you bigger you still have to lift the maximum weight that you can.

@thread starter

-goodluck sa trip mong mangyari kung puro chest ka lang malamang lamang makuba ka at masira posture ng katawan mo dahil mas bibigat yung dinadala mo sa harap compared to the muscles in your back, traps, rhomboid, lats erectors etc.At yang mass gainer mo baka akalako mo magic pill ni Goku yan na sa pag inom nyan magically mag kaka muscles ka, kung ako sayo makikinig ako sa mga payo ng mga tao dito sa huli kung hindi ka makikinig ako na magsasabi sayo pag sisisihan mo talaga yan.
  • Yatez wrote:
    @chris

-imo this is bro science

I'm a bit curious as to why you think it is broscience? care to expound please?
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    ^ Same question with DS. Care to explain why it's bro-science? As far as I'm concerned, I don't see any bro-science at all with Chris' post.
    agreed with riddler and DS. care to explain? Anything that Chris posted was right on the spot. All of those info were able to reflect on my personal experience using the SL5x5, RPT 5-6 range and RPT 8-9 ranges.

Addendum

Yates, FYI he's not a filipino.. It's just happen to have he has a filipino friend who can explain our tagalog post.

@OP

Unlearn to learn
    Yatez wrote:
    @chris

-imo this is bro science

I used to believe in this also but based on every effin people i see sa gym sa pasig lahat solid ang laki and ripped and all pero kung makita mo talaga legs nila mas malaki pa forearm ko and that's why i said IMO that leg training and upper body growth is not directly co-related, and you can still get that big upper body without training legs, im not saying that you dont have to train your legs thats just what i noticed
    Yatez wrote:
    Yatez wrote:
    @chris

-imo this is bro science

based on every effin people i see sa gym sa pasig lahat solid ang laki and ripped and all pero kung makita mo talaga legs nila mas malaki pa forearm ko and that's why i said IMO that leg training and upper body growth is not directly co-related

Nge yun lang, what about your personal experience ? Na consider mo na ba kung gaano katagal sila nagbubuhat?

Squat itself is just not about leg training brader. Nagpapasalamat ako sa Squat sa progress ko, para sakin nakita ko benepisyo ng pag iisquat at pag deeadlift.

May science behind this pero sila na lang magpaliwanag, nakabaon ako eh
    -Squat itself is just not about leg training brader. Nagpapasalamat ako sa Squat sa progress ko, para sakin nakita ko benepisyo ng pag iisquat at pag deeadlift.

DL's yes i agree may carry over sa upper body growth yan specially sa back, but sa squats the upperbody acts as a stabilizer lang, aminin natin na di naman talaga lalaki upper body natin ng kaka squat lang at walang ibang exercises na ginagawa for upper body growth

and again di ko sinasabing iignore ang lower body training
    Yatez wrote:
    Squat itself is just not about leg training brader. Nagpapasalamat ako sa Squat sa progress ko, para sakin nakita ko benepisyo ng pag iisquat at pag deeadlift.

DL's yes i agree may carry over sa upper body growth yan specially sa back, but sa squats the upperbody acts as a stabilizer lang, aminin natin na di naman talaga lalaki upper body natin ng kaka squat lang at walang ibang exercises na ginagawa for upper body growth

Care to share some science behind your post or any link that proves your thing?

Ako naniniwala ako dito , why? Simple, it's the king of all exercises? Explanation, my google brader. Maraming pagaaral na ginagawa tungkol dito, that is why kasama sya sa basic compound lifts.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are more bro-science on this one than sir chris experience it with himself.
  • Jettie wrote:
    Yatez wrote:
    Yatez wrote:
    @chris

-imo this is bro science

based on every effin people i see sa gym sa pasig lahat solid ang laki and ripped and all pero kung makita mo talaga legs nila mas malaki pa forearm ko and that's why i said IMO that leg training and upper body growth is not directly co-related

Nge yun lang, what about your personal experience ? Na consider mo na ba kung gaano katagal sila nagbubuhat?

May science behind this pero sila na lang magpaliwanag, nakabaon ako eh

i just only have dumbell in haus .. and my priority is only my chest area. i dont want to be bulky, just muscle shape in my chest. and also, i counting my calories so that i will gain mass.
    Yatez wrote:
    @chris

-imo this is bro science, dahil ang dami sa bodyplus na mga mamaw na upper body pero ang luluwang at hahaba ng shorts para matago legs nila lolz nakikita mo ba yon allen? hahaha

-that will be more of strength training rather than a hypertrophy one and it is already stated that his goal is hypertrophy since he wants his chest to be bigger, go for 6-12 reps HEAVY and not just go for 6-12 reps with a moderate weight that's the wrong way of doing it thinking that the 6-12 rep range will magically make you bigger you still have to lift the maximum weight that you can.

@thread starter

-goodluck sa trip mong mangyari kung puro chest ka lang malamang lamang makuba ka at masira posture ng katawan mo dahil mas bibigat yung dinadala mo sa harap compared to the muscles in your back, traps, rhomboid, lats erectors etc.At yang mass gainer mo baka akalako mo magic pill ni Goku yan na sa pag inom nyan magically mag kaka muscles ka, kung ako sayo makikinig ako sa mga payo ng mga tao dito sa huli kung hindi ka makikinig ako na magsasabi sayo pag sisisihan mo talaga yan.

i just only have dumbell in haus .. and my priority is only my chest area. i dont want to be bulky, just muscle shape in my chest. and also, i counting my calories so that i will gain mass.
    1sktqx.jpg

Ayaw ko na, hehe kayo na bahala
  • Jettie wrote:
    set a realistic goal bro.. mahirap ang gusto mo. Super isolation ang plano mo na mahirap mangyari.

Chest muscle only, others wala..

As you've mentioned you have big parts where as most of it has fats.. do you think if you shed off those fats on your belly hindi damay ang mga taba dun?

You'll end up abomination type of person.

Abs are made in the kitchen not on the gym.

On my personal experience with the cutting method, there is no such thing as spot reduction.

If that's your goal, good luck and try your best.

I am a ectomorph btw.

I'm a bit confused, you want to have mass in your chest and have abs and yet don't want to do the "work" that is required of it in order to have it? Also I have this feeling that you think drinking/switching mass gainers will actually yield the results that you are expecting in your body. Supplements will not give you instant results that you want unless you do the "hard work" that is required to have the physique that you want.

So to answer your question whether your current program will work for your goals? the answer is NO. Unless you are willing to listen and apply to what has everyone by far has suggested to you regarding your question. I hope that gives you a better perspective on what the others has been telling this whole time. :)

• @waley: bro meron ka ba example ng physique na gusto mo maachieve? Si Gardo Versoza (Machete) lang kasi ang naaalala ko na may ganung physique.
    Wag na natin tuloy tong usapan di naman makakatulong to kay OP with the way he is reacting wala siyang pakialam kung hindi sa chest nya lang lol ser implants
  • You still cannot dismiss such item as "broscience" aka myth/useless coz training your lower body will make your upper body get bigger/stronger has been proven by the strongest/biggest mofos from the older generations to the newest ones on earth you'll ever lay eyes on. Sure your upper body can get big "enough" w/out training your lower body but i doubt they'll even hold a candle on the big dudes that train their lower body heavy and intense.
    waley wrote:

If you want to gain lean mass (aka lean muscle) then you totally got it all wrong bro.
    Yatez wrote:
    Wag na natin tuloy tong usapan di naman makakatulong to kay OP with the way he is reacting wala siyang pakialam kung hindi sa chest nya lang lol ser implants

And you think posting that lower body training is "broscience" in your opinion is gonna help him?

tsk3x! Please get your facts straight first before posting/giving advice to the other members.
    Anyway wala naman akong sinabi sa topic starter to ignore leg training meron ba? I just didn't agree with the growth hormone thing that chris said that the reason why to train legs is because of the gh it produces that is why i stated "IMO". I think the spikes of gh created is really not enough to make a big difference in your physique, i think the strength and power that is generated by your legs and transfers in your lifts is what really affects your upper body growth. I train legs for the balance in my physique and strength and not for the gh and test spikes it creates.
  • *sigh* Fine so we'll just drop the topic since it seems wala na rin naman yatang mangyayari kahit anu pang explanation ibigay mo samin as to why you made such statement.

I have few points to leave you though about sa pinoint out mo about the relation of lower body training/upper body size and growth hormone release, alam mo naman magresearch eh so might as well do your homework. In fact you might as well look-up as to why the squat is exactly the "king of all lifts". Again get your facts (w/c influences your opinion) straight para hindi ka nagbibigay miselading info lalong lalo na sa bago.

I'm telling you this for something to add to your knowledge bank (i'm mean no sarcasm nor have any ill-intent here just to be clear w/ that). Kung gusto mong panindigan yung "opinion" mo eh i wish you luck na lang :)
  • I'm a bit confused, you want to have mass in your chest and have abs and yet don't want to do the "work" that is required of it in order to have it? Also I have this feeling that you think drinking/switching mass gainers will actually yield the results that you are expecting in your body. Supplements will not give you instant results that you want unless you do the "hard work" that is required to have the physique that you want.

Agreed. ^
  • I agree with all the above u need to do the work and the right way, The mass gainer is straight up giving u + on the fat to build overall muscles in the time. And to want ABS and build only chest is not something i would waste my time trying to do.

Do the 4 basics and where and how much mass u will gain is in ur genetics.. Again work out ur legs and ur upper body will grow due to hormone production is triggered by leg-training i mean that the leg training that is the biggest muscles will trigger the Testosterone production in the body.. And by that ur overall growth potensial will increase in whatever %

PSt: i dont know Tagalog so i am not sure if someone dissagree with my statement of the effect leg workout have on ur hormones.

Good luck in whatever choice u make.

When or if u want more help to do the overall work just ask :)

-Chris-
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    OP- i just want to say, ive seen lots of peeps who only have good chest and no back, shoulders, arms and so on. its fucking ugly! really it is! so you might want to re think of what you want because your dumbbells can be used in lots of ways to make your whole physique alot better and not only your chest.
  • ako naman! ako naman!!!!!!!

EAT CLEN!!!!!!! TREN HARD!!!!!!!! booom!!!!!

ok kayo na ulit.
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    lol! hoy anlaki mong troll!