eating late dinner

i workout at night, one hour, between 7 to 10pm. after workout is when i eat dinner, as late as 11pm. then sleep midnight, wake up 7am. dinner is usually the typical pinoy meal of rice and ulam.

can i get your opinions and experiences with eating dinner late at night? with regards to fat loss and muscle building.

Comments

• daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    Mahirap ata yang gsto mo. Fatlos sabay muscle building?Mahirap ata yang gsto mo. Fatlos sabay muscle building?
  • noobydoobynoobydooby Posts: 19
    i dont necessarily mean sabay.. whichever i do (fat loss or muscle gain), my time of exercise and late dinners will still be the same.
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    It doesn't matter. Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant.
  • Hey Guys well i think that if you eating dinner late then its also harmful for your health.And you also making difficulty for digesting the foods.Thanks!!
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Hey Guys well i think that if you eating dinner late then its also harmful for your health.And you also making difficulty for digesting the foods.Thanks!!

Resources?

para sakin wala, personal experience ko na full na full na ko bago matulog then after I wake up eh tunaw na tunaw na ang kinain ko at dry na :)

Eto pala yung nabasa ko :

Eating Late Dinner
    It appears that eating late at night leads to better fat loss and overall health. Alan Aragon (master broscience debunker and author of the leading monthly industry magazine on nutrition/training research in ‘the West’) describes it very well in his December 2011 issue:

There might actually be something slightly magical about the classic night-time carb-heavy gut-bomb. And I’d emphasize “might” because the evidence base for this is still relatively thin & racked with important limitations. However, in controlled studies, the results are strikingly consistent. Martin Berkhan has already done a good job of compiling the research in this area , so I’m not going to recount all of it.

Nevertheless, the most recent study in the saga is truly provocative. In a 6-month trial with a larger-than-typical subject sample, Sofer et al saw greater reductions in total weight, fat mass, and waist circumference in subjects who consumed the majority of their carbs at dinner, as opposed to a more evenly spread consumption throughout the day in the control group. A slightly lesser drop in leptin was seen in the experimental group, which the authors speculate is what led to greater satiety/lower hunger levels. Furthermore, the experimental group had better improvements in measures of glucose control, lipids, insulin sensitivity, and inflammation. If the study went on any longer, you’d think that the subjects in the experimental group would develop superpowers.

Nothing to add to this really except that if your English is up to it, and you like these kind of things you can check out a free issue of Alan’s Research Review here. I really love his stuff and I’d like you to appreciate it too, so I’ll have a Japanese introduction post of him in the coming months for you.
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Hey Guys well i think that if you eating dinner late then its also harmful for your health.And you also making difficulty for digesting the foods.Thanks!!

Wut?????
  • cyke2k4cyke2k4 Posts: 38
    Jettie wrote:

Resources?

para sakin wala, personal experience ko na full na full na ko bago matulog then after I wake up eh tunaw na tunaw na ang kinain ko at dry na :)

Eto pala yung nabasa ko :

Eating Late Dinner
    It appears that eating late at night leads to better fat loss and overall health. Alan Aragon (master broscience debunker and author of the leading monthly industry magazine on nutrition/training research in ‘the West’) describes it very well in his December 2011 issue:

There might actually be something slightly magical about the classic night-time carb-heavy gut-bomb. And I’d emphasize “might” because the evidence base for this is still relatively thin & racked with important limitations. However, in controlled studies, the results are strikingly consistent. Martin Berkhan has already done a good job of compiling the research in this area , so I’m not going to recount all of it.

Nevertheless, the most recent study in the saga is truly provocative. In a 6-month trial with a larger-than-typical subject sample, Sofer et al saw greater reductions in total weight, fat mass, and waist circumference in subjects who consumed the majority of their carbs at dinner, as opposed to a more evenly spread consumption throughout the day in the control group. A slightly lesser drop in leptin was seen in the experimental group, which the authors speculate is what led to greater satiety/lower hunger levels. Furthermore, the experimental group had better improvements in measures of glucose control, lipids, insulin sensitivity, and inflammation. If the study went on any longer, you’d think that the subjects in the experimental group would develop superpowers.

Nothing to add to this really except that if your English is up to it, and you like these kind of things you can check out a free issue of Alan’s Research Review here. I really love his stuff and I’d like you to appreciate it too, so I’ll have a Japanese introduction post of him in the coming months for you.

Well imho we have to discern ano ba klase ng carbs yan? is that healthy carbs they ate at dinner, and second how much time after dinner sila matulog? Kung eat all you can yan at pagod pa at matutulog agad possible sa bangungot lalo na sa mga kalalakihan.
    Wikipedia : Sudden Unexpected Death Syndrome SUNDS (bangungot) cause has been cloaked in superstition. Filipinos believe ingesting high levels of carbohydrates just before sleeping causes bangungot.
    It has only been recently that the scientific world has begun to understand this syndrome. Victims of bangungot have not been found to have any organic heart diseases or structural heart problems.[citation needed]
    However, cardiac activity during SUNDS episodes indicates irregular heart rhythms and ventricular fibrillation. The victim survives this episode if the heart's rhythm goes back to normal. Older Filipinos recommend wiggling the big toe of people experiencing this to encourage their heart to snap back to normal.[6]
    In the Philippines, most cases of bangungot have been linked with acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis by Filipino medical personnel although the effect might have been due to changes in the pancreas during post-mortem autolysis.[7] In Thailand and Laos, bangungot (or in their term, sudden adult death syndrome) is caused by the Brugada syndrome.[8]

Palagay ko kung healthy carbs yan at high in fiber may benefits talaga yan, like veggies & fruits sources. Pero kung carbs na starchy at refined, medyo balansihin muna ^^
  • XianHijasXianHijas Posts: 10
    noobydooby wrote:
    i workout at night, one hour, between 7 to 10pm. after workout is when i eat dinner, as late as 11pm. then sleep midnight, wake up 7am. dinner is usually the typical pinoy meal of rice and ulam.

can i get your opinions and experiences with eating dinner late at night? with regards to fat loss and muscle building.

it's about how much you ate throughout the day.
    not the food or meal frequency that you take :)
    calories are calories
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    XianHijas wrote:
    noobydooby wrote:

it's about how much you ate throughout the day.
    not the food or meal frequency that you take :)
    calories are calories

A agree with meal frequency

but not with "calories are calories"

2000 calories from pizza's, cakes, candies

2000 calories from lean meat, vegetables, fruits

^ do you think the two will have the same effect on muscle mass and fat mass ?
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    XianHijas wrote:
    calories are calories

Sooooo not true bro.
  • noobydoobynoobydooby Posts: 19
    a calorie is a calorie.. yes. and no. (long read)

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/is-a-calorie-a-calorie.html
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    noobydooby wrote:

I didn't read it all, as it is a long read. However, I don't need to read it since I already KNOW a cal is not a cal. If so, I could live on 4000 cals a day of pure junk - cake, pies, candy, etc - and make the same gains as if I were eating 4000 cals of chicken, fish, eggs, veggies, etc. The substance of that calorie means everything, and differs dramatically.
  • Well I don't think it will be a harmful for you because your workout time between 7 to 10 pm after the workout one strong meal is necessary for you so I think its ok.. It really doesn't matter.. Keep it up your workout..
  • noobydooby wrote:

ano pong body type nyo sir?...
  • clevclev Posts: 59
    Big Dawg wrote:
    noobydooby wrote:

I didn't read it all, as it is a long read. However, I don't need to read it since I already KNOW a cal is not a cal. If so, I could live on 4000 cals a day of pure junk - cake, pies, candy, etc - and make the same gains as if I were eating 4000 cals of chicken, fish, eggs, veggies, etc. The substance of that calorie means everything, and differs dramatically.
    i would agree, total calories depends on macro combination. Wherein each has different purpose on the body.. (cho,fat and chon)
    noobydooby wrote:

actually, same lang tayo, i work out 8-10pm.. then eat meal after just to replenish my stores.. i dont binge, just eat the right amount.

re eating at night, depends on your meal, usual digestion time is 2 hrs..