How should I use these equipment for Fat Loss?

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 85 kilos / 187 lbs.

Problem: 34-36 waistline + bulging belly fat :( (dyahe talaga)

Good day po!

Sobrang pahirap ang ginawa sakin ng pagkakaoon ng excess fats sa katawan bigat sa pakiramdam. Hirap mag sintas ng sapatos, yumuko tapos pag tayo parang umiikot ang mundo..tapos humina stamina.. Improper diet , Yosi (not a drinker due to Asian Flush) at Puyat ang sa tingin kong reason kung bakit nagkaganito ako..

Now, I have decided na aayusin ko na ang katawan ko once and for all kc mejo iba na rin ang pakiramdam ko.. Nabasa ko po sa isa sa mga post dito yung benefits ng Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (5 months ko na po gamit ito).

Meron po akong na-invest noon na equipment pag exercise like:

1. Stationary Bike
2. Ab Glider
3. Ab Roller
4. 2 Dumbells (10 kilos each)
5. Yoga Mat

Pwede nio po ba akong mabigyan ng magandang program or instruction kung papaano ko mamaximize ang mga equipment na ito.. at DIET tips na din po kung pwede.. FYI, Working po ako M-F from 8am-5pm pero I'm willing naman po na mag-effort para maaayos ang katawan ko..

Sana mabigyan niyo po ako ng advise.

Maraming Salamat po! :)

Comments

• Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Sayang po ang pera sa mga binili nyo. Might as well sell them all and use it to pay for gym fees :)

Please go to the gym and lift some decent heavy weights.
  • exonarthexexonarthex Posts: 8
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Sayang po ang pera sa mga binili nyo. Might as well sell them all and use it to pay for gym fees :)

Please go to the gym and lift some decent heavy weights.

The reason why I am investing on such equipment is because of my busy schedule and I want to do gym stuff at home at saka nagagamit din sila ng mga tao dito sa bahay.. I am willing to pay gym fees pero ang problema is kung hindi ko naman mapupuntahan ang gym because of my schedule, I might as well do it at home di ba para di sayang ang oras.. thanks.
    Then you might as well sell those still and buy some plates, long bar or olympic bar if possible and a power cage then you're on the right track.

Ab gliders and Ab rollers are two of the biggest scams in the fitness industry.

You're lucky to have an 8 - 5 day job.

I work at night for 8hrs, then manage my business during the day while taking care of my family and 3 boys but still find time to train in the gym for 3-4 days a week.

It's all about time management. You have to find time not unless you have your hands full 24/7 which is impossible.
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Then you might as well sell those still and buy some plates, long bar or olympic bar if possible and a power cage then you're on the right track.

Ab gliders and Ab rollers are two of the biggest scams in the fitness industry.

You're lucky to have an 8 - 5 day job.

I work at night for 8hrs, then manage my business during the day while taking care of my family and 3 boys but still find time to train in the gym for 3-4 days a week.

It's all about time management. You have to find time not unless you have your hands full 24/7 which is impossible.

I will consider your advise sir. For the meantime, ano po ba marerecommend bio diet wise and some exercises para sacase ko?
  • noobydoobynoobydooby Posts: 19
    with the equipment you have, i would suggest you just go out and run na lang muna. not to say na hindi effective ung mga equipment mo, it would just be very hard for you to keep going and stay motivated to do solo exercises at home with what you have now.

i am also a beginner. i am using the program/link below. i am using just the basics, weights, barbell, bench. and on rest days, i just do cardio by running, or abs work out.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    I agree with Might Oak's advice. Get a power cage, plates, and an olympic bar

With those, you can do squats, bench press, press, and deadlift

The problems I see with a home gym are the space (not a problem if you have big place) and distractions (unless you live alone)

For building muscle, try Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe

Fat loss results will mainly come from fixing your diet
    noobydooby wrote:
    with the equipment you have, i would suggest you just go out and run na lang muna. not to say na hindi effective ung mga equipment mo, it would just be very hard for you to keep going and stay motivated to do solo exercises at home with what you have now.

i am also a beginner. i am using the program/link below. i am using just the basics, weights, barbell, bench. and on rest days, i just do cardio by running, or abs work out.

Thanks for the advise sir :)
    noobydooby wrote:

Run? How?
    nrg500 wrote:
    I agree with Might Oak's advice. Get a power cage, plates, and an olympic bar

With those, you can do squats, bench press, press, and deadlift

The problems I see with a home gym are the space (not a problem if you have big place) and distractions (unless you live alone)

For building muscle, try Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe

Fat loss results will mainly come from fixing your diet

Thanks! Do you have an idea kung saan ako makakabili ng mga equipment na sinabi mo? .. yung affordable po.
    di ba mag-i-interfere sa muscle recovery ang cardio training on rest days ?

I tried HIIT cardio training before for fat loss. Not that much effective and I doubt it's sustainable in the long run

I had my best fat loss when I fixed my diet
    nrg500 wrote:
    di ba mag-i-interfere sa muscle recovery ang cardio training on rest days ?

I tried HIIT cardio training before for fat loss. Not that much effective and I doubt it's sustainable in the long run

I had my best fat loss when I fixed my diet

depends on what program you're using. the program in my link recommends cardio and abs on rest days, but only optional. i run because i enjoy it. i have to run! :D
    ^So why is running effective for fat loss just like what you've said?
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    Heto nanamn po kame
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    OP - based from what you wrote about yourself, your main goal is to loose weight right? use your stationary bike consistently and fix your diet and nutrition. thats it! that simple!
    milksworth wrote:
    OP - based from what you wrote about yourself, your main goal is to loose weight right? use your stationary bike consistently and fix your diet and nutrition. thats it! that simple!

loose weight/fats esp. on the belly area.. how long should i use my stationary bike.. 30mins, 1hr?mejo nalilito na po ako.. can you give me diet tips? what to eat and avoid.. how many times should i eat per day and etc..?
    Sell your stationary bike and go to the gym and lift weights.
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    ^So why is running effective for fat loss just like what you've said?

there is a lot of science why running is effective for fat loss.. but personally for me, it was effective because i enjoyed it. i was actually looking forward to running and hanging out with my running/biking friends. i can run/bike outside for a long time, something i can never do with treadmills and statio bikes, even now. that's why i suggested to TS to try that because i know it's very hard to stay on treadmills day in/ day out.

eventually, losing weight became a secondary thing for me. i really came to enjoy just being outdoor running and biking. had i started out on treadmills, i think 1 or 2 weeks and i would've stopped and gone back to being a couch potato.
    ^Can you expound on that "science" so that the TS can understand the reasons why running is effective for fat loss as you've stated.

Also, isn't it a flawed argument that if you enjoy something then it must be effective?
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    ^Can you expound on that "science" so that the TS can understand the reasons why running is effective for fat loss as you've stated.

Also, isn't it a flawed argument that if you enjoy something then it must be effective?

If anyone care to delve into the science of running, just google it.. google can do a much better job explaining it than i can.

there is nothing flawed about this.. it's not an argument, it can be stated as a fact. if you enjoy something, then it will be effective because you will tend to stick with it. but then again, this is also true for the bad things.. if one enjoys being a couch potato, then that will be effective in getting fat.
    I enjoy swimming but hell, I suck with it.

So it's true?
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    noobydooby wrote:

there is nothing flawed about this.. it's not an argument, it can be stated as a fact. if you enjoy something, then it will be effective because you will tend to stick with it.

Kung totoo nga ito eh napaka dali ang buhay...
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    sana nga ganyan kadali ang buhay noh......

so basically sa google lang galing lahat ng reference mo? besides sa nararamdaman mong happiness sa ginagawa mo?
    Using exercise to lose fat is not sustainable in the long run

Cardio exercise on the stationary bike for 30 minutes to 1 hour ? It's boring and it gets more boring in the long run. If it's boring, it is very likely that you'll stop it after some time

The calories you'll burn in cardio training can be easily undone by not having a proper diet
  • noelnoel Posts: 304
    I remember Stephen Covey...the author of the best seller "7 Habits of Highly effective People"

He hates riding his stationary bike...but he loves reading....

what he does is he reads while riding his stationary bike so he won't get bored...
    Dapat yung bilis ng pagpedal ng bike ay dun mag base yung bilis ng internet connection. Malamang Pinas ang magiging number 1 na may magandang cardiovascular system sa mundo. Hahahaha.
  • mufstermufster Posts: 132
    Try mo sir count calories a day mo then mag cut ka sir. Or try LG (Leangains) kung sa gym lang sir, kung kaya mo mag alot ng kahit 1 hour a day lang 3 times a week, you can do 5x5 sir it will help you burn fats. I myself was skeptic about 5x5 and LG because wala sya ab workout and ang unang question ko is how will it remove or paliitin tummy ko then ginawa ko and saw some result. Tested din po mas malakas stamina ko na ngayon, less problem sa lahat ng katawan especially sa knees. Same thing din hectic din sked ko pero lagi ko squeeze in ang gym hour ko. 3 times lang naman sya eh at 1 hour lng or 1 1/2 hour
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    mufster wrote:
    Try mo sir count calories a day mo then mag cut ka sir. Or try LG (Leangains) kung sa gym lang sir, kung kaya mo mag alot ng kahit 1 hour a day lang 3 times a week, you can do 5x5 sir it will help you burn fats. I myself was skeptic about 5x5 and LG because wala sya ab workout and ang unang question ko is how will it remove or paliitin tummy ko then ginawa ko and saw some result. Tested din po mas malakas stamina ko na ngayon, less problem sa lahat ng katawan especially sa knees. Same thing din hectic din sked ko pero lagi ko squeeze in ang gym hour ko. 3 times lang naman sya eh at 1 hour lng or 1 1/2 hour

Listen to this man.
    Check his journal.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    partida nagka knee surgery pa yan si mufster at nakakapag basketball na ulet.. tumatalon pa! umalak pa at humarot pa! hehe
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    I enjoy swimming but hell, I suck with it.

So it's true?

yes it's still true. you might not become an olympic swimmer, but at least you are still swimming and not given up. and every time you're in that water, you are better than you were the day before.
    Stannis wrote:
    noobydooby wrote:

there is nothing flawed about this.. it's not an argument, it can be stated as a fact. if you enjoy something, then it will be effective because you will tend to stick with it.

yes, life can be that simple.. as einstein said, find a job you love, and you will never again work a day in your life.
    noobydooby wrote:
    Stannis wrote:
    noobydooby wrote:

yes, life can be that simple.. as einstein said, find a job you love, and you will never again work a day in your life.

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
    Albert Einstein

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Albert Einstein