Race to 500lbs Deadlift!

2»

Comments

• DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    i'm working my way up to get past 420 (prev PR) now i can pull 390 to 400 for 3 reps now. I'm just taking things at my pace and not rushing too much pagdating sa progress. Small steps brah! :P
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    i'm working my way up to get past 420 (prev PR) now i can pull 390 to 400 for 3 reps now. I'm just taking things at my pace and not rushing too much pagdating sa progress. Small steps brah! :P

Try doing heavy rack pulls bro. Put the pins so the bar is around the bottom of the knee when you start the pull.
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Medyo off track ako ngayon since busy sa negosyo pero I can still pull 450lbs easily kahit kulang sa ensayo.

I'll still hit that 500lbs no matter what.

If you can pull 450 easily, I have no doubt that if you had the adrenaline rush of being in a PL comp, OR having me standing beside you screaming at you COME ON MAN FUCK THIS SHIT UP LIGHT WEIGHT FUCK IT UP BRO! that you would get 500 hehe! :D
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    If you can pull 450 easily, I have no doubt that if you had the adrenaline rush of being in a PL comp, OR having me standing beside you screaming at you COME ON MAN FUCK THIS SHIT UP LIGHT WEIGHT FUCK IT UP BRO! that you would get 500 hehe! :D

I wish one day, i had someone pushing me like this one.. hehe, I'd never tried working out someone who pushes my limits ats its best hehehe

Tried pulling 400lbs deadlift yesterday and it really really drains my life lol.. tho it was a good pull.. and never gonna try it again for sometime.

Wearing knee wraps ( bandages) , belts and tight bandages on the wrist do the job ( I almost felt it cheating because it made me pull those heavy weight for my current body weight at 58 kg lol )
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    Big Dawg wrote:

Try doing heavy rack pulls bro. Put the pins so the bar is around the bottom of the knee when you start the pull.

Actually i've done rack pulls before. in fact i might add that as part of my assistance routines on my next workout cycle
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Right on Sir Big Dawg!

Sometimes I imagine CT Fletcher screaming at me to lift that weight! haha
    Jettie wrote:

I wish one day, i had someone pushing me like this one.. hehe, I'd never tried working out someone who pushes my limits ats its best hehehe

Tried pulling 400lbs deadlift yesterday and it really really drains my life lol.. tho it was a good pull.. and never gonna try it again for sometime.

Wearing knee wraps ( bandages) , belts and tight bandages on the wrist do the job ( I almost felt it cheating because it made me pull those heavy weight for my current body weight at 58 kg lol )

Wow bro you pulled over 3x your bdwt - that rocks! Thats much stronger than I am - that would be like me pulling over 750 - not happening haha! :p

Hey not to brag but I've had many guys call me their best training partner ever dude haha. I can get the best out of a person - I drive them bigtime. I'll give you an example lately. Theres this one dude at the gym, hes pretty thick. I'd guess him around 5'5 and maybe 160 or so. Him and I train at the same time often, so we're cool. One day about a month ago, he was doing chest. I was right in the same area as him doing arms, so I could see what he was doing. He was doing incline db press, and I seen him hit the 60's for 15 reps. His next set, he grabbed the 70's. I told him "Dude that last set with the 60's was so easy, fuck the 70's, get the 80's!" He looked at me like I was crazy and said he never did the 80's before. I told him "Man you will own the 80's - I got your back, I will spot you lets go". So we get out the 80's and he's looking intimidated and shit bcoz he never messed with them before haha. I hand him 1 db and he grabs the other and BOOM lets go! I'm right behind him spottin' him yelling ONE, TWO, THREE, COME ON MAN THIS IS EASY SHIT FUCK IT UP FOUR, FIVE...." haha. He got 7 reps by himself. Man he was VERRRY happy and excited when he got up off that bench haha! He kept thanking me - I told him "No problemo, but NEXT time you want to try to do 8!" hehe. That just goes to show you, some guys need to really be pushed to go all out. :)

Sorry for the book. :p
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    ^You remind me of my former PL coach Sir when it comes to motivation and even the way he cuss! haha
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Right on Sir Big Dawg!

Sometimes I imagine CT Fletcher screaming at me to lift that weight! haha

Hahaha "It's still your mutha f@#$in set!". First time I seen that guy was like 2 years ago on another board - someone posted his vid on youtube. Hell of a life story he had. I have doubts about him being natty though haha. :p
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    ^You remind me of my former PL coach Sir when it comes to motivation and even the way he cuss! haha

Hahaha yeah when I first came here to Philippines over 2 years ago, I noticed most pinoys are quiet when working out. So I tried to show some respect and not make TOO much noise haha. But as time passes, my true self came out more and they are all used to it now. I think I wore off a little on them since now many of them make noise also when kicking it haha. Of course if there are any women around, I don't cuss haha. :p
  • FredFred Posts: 29
    So, who won this thread?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Calling @Ghee

Bro, ikaw pagasa namin :)
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    Calling @Ghee

HAHAHA 185 palang max ko ngaun sir V. pero getting a good feel with my hams ang my knees.. as much as posible nag aad ako little by little. kaya ng utak at ng lower back ko, kaso ung alalay tlga sa hams and knees ung inaalala ko ung weight bearing pero slowly umaangat na ulit sila LETS GO FOR THIS!!!! :sport:
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Ghee wrote:
    Calling @Ghee

HAHAHA 185 palang max ko ngaun sir V. pero getting a good feel with my hams ang my knees.. as much as posible nag aad ako little by little. kaya ng utak at ng lower back ko, kaso ung alalay tlga sa hams and knees ung inaalala ko ung weight bearing pero slowly umaangat na ulit sila LETS GO FOR THIS!!!! :sport:

Kaya yan bro, take your time. Magaling na si Paul George. Lalakas yan ulit.
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    @badass_vinch Actually kayo mga members dito sa pbb inspiration ko sa pag lakas ulit sir. sa totoo lang, everytime nag bubuhat ako lalo na sa squats and DL iniisip ko na sa kabilang ibayo e nag wawasak din kayo kaya pilit kong binubuhat ung mga sinasabi na mag hinay hinay muna ako hehe. (pero syempre may ibayong pag iingat) and true enough onti onting umaangat na dl ko nung isang araw lang gusto ko na salpakan ng 2 plates pero syempre, slowly but surely. ayaw ko ijeopardize ung recovery! salamat sainyo sirs! :)
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    Pwede bang race to 400 na lang ? kahit 350 ? hehehe!
  • unknownunknown Posts: 13
    Does it hinders you to give your max sthrngth when you do pull ups and lat pulldowns?
    Does it hinders you to give your max sthrngth when you do pull ups and lat pulldowns?
    on what? on DL ? I think so, as to when doing DL, activated ang Lats. though you can try doing the compound lift first para fresh ka pa vs. uunahin mo yung lat pulldown / pull ups before DL.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 13
    Yes deadlifts.
    So what compound routine could you suggest?Do you think i should do deadlifts first before any other work out?
    So what compound routine could you suggest?
    uhm... compound exercise are the squat, DL , BP , OHP. pull ups etc. anything that will hit multiple joint / muscle group at the same time.
    Do you think i should do deadlifts first before any other work out?
    definitely Yes. Do compound exercise first so that you can put your max effort into it vs. doing isolation exercise first, ( pagod ka na pag dating sa main lift mo ).