Big Dawg

Comments

• Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    chest day...

bb bench press - 250 x 8, 280 x 4
    incline db press - 100's x 10, 100's x 7
    flat db flyes - 60's x 15, 80's x 8
    dips - bdwt x 20, bdwt x 15

To think I used to play with 315 x 12 on flat bb bench years ago kills me mentally fuck! :banghead: That's back when I was around 30 - natty also. I didn't even touch gear until 39. I actually have to stop the set due to shoulder pain (RC), not muscle failure. Oh well I'll be 50 next month, and I'm still trying to hang on doing flat bb bench but I think I will have to give it up again soon. I stopped doing it like 15 years ago, only to start doing it again this past few months just to see how it is haha. Now I know - STILL FUCKING HURTS! :p
    Back today...

wg pullups - bw x 8, bw x 7, bw x 7
    bb rows - 250 x 12, 280 x 8
    T-bar rows - 200 x 15, 250 x 7
    cg underhand pulldowns - 170 x 12, 190 x 10
    hyperextensions - bw x 35, bw x 25

All sets listed are worksets.

Haven't did pullups in a long time. Had to get away from them awhile back due to RC pain. Felt good getting that killa stretch again - although pulling up 240lbs is a mofo haha. :)
    Delts/Traps today......

bb pbn - 180 x 12, 210 x 6
    side db laterals - 45's x 10 drop 35's x 10 drop 25's x 15
    bb shrugs - 350 x 10, 350 x 8
    db shrugs - 100's x 20, 100's x 15

Sauna mode today - was fucking soaking wet 20 mins into the workout. Felt overheated and dead. Couldn't hold the bar on bb shrugs bcoz of all wet. You guys that have climate controlled gyms, or hell, even electric fans - enjoy it! :banghead:
  • ndgllbndgllb Posts: 104
    Dawg, "Big" is an understatement. Amazing work, and amazing result (through years of hardwork and dedication). You can press me for endurance reps. LOL
  • Yo sir David! I need your advice on something. I'm not sure whether it's the muscle or joints of my rear delts that hurt but it's been hurting for a while now. It started only on my right side but now I feel it on my left too everytime I press overhead on every heavy rep on every set. Should i try to go only for hypertrophy weight on my overhead pressing, see how it feels or just drop it altogether and let my delts rest? My current OHP lift is at 100lbs x 5, yesterday I couldn't even lift 80 overhead for a single. Any advice?
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    Big Dawg wrote:
    I didn't even touch gear until 39. I actually have to stop the set due to shoulder pain (RC), not muscle failure. Oh well I'll be 50 next month, and I'm still trying to hang on doing flat bb bench but I think I will have to give it up again soon. I stopped doing it like 15 years ago, only to start doing it again this past few months just to see how it is haha. Now I know - STILL FUCKING HURTS! :p

demmit bro! i thought i was older than you! hahaha!

i was 33 when i had my first gear experience, but not till 35 that i went on and crusin til 39.

you sir, serve as one of my inspiration and motivation for me to continue lifting for as long as im living.. despite the injuries, we still move on and keep pushing forward.

Much much respect Big D!
    Yo sir David! I need your advice on something. I'm not sure whether it's the muscle or joints of my rear delts that hurt but it's been hurting for a while now. It started only on my right side but now I feel it on my left too everytime I press overhead on every heavy rep on every set. Should i try to go only for hypertrophy weight on my overhead pressing, see how it feels or just drop it altogether and let my delts rest? My current OHP lift is at 100lbs x 5, yesterday I couldn't even lift 80 overhead for a single. Any advice?

Simple advice bro - stop doing ANY exercise that makes it hurt. Simple as that. It's impossible to tell you what the problem is without you actually getting it diagnosed. Interesting that you feel the pain in the rear delt, bcoz usually one gets pain in the front delt from heavy overhead work. If you have to layoff all bb and db work and just use some machines doing light work and not so intense for awhile, that may help and let it heal. But again, don't do anything that makes it hurt or it will just get worse. If that means laying off all shoulder exercises for awhile, then so be it. Good luck healing fast dude. :)
    BraSo wrote:
    Big Dawg wrote:
    I didn't even touch gear until 39. I actually have to stop the set due to shoulder pain (RC), not muscle failure. Oh well I'll be 50 next month, and I'm still trying to hang on doing flat bb bench but I think I will have to give it up again soon. I stopped doing it like 15 years ago, only to start doing it again this past few months just to see how it is haha. Now I know - STILL FUCKING HURTS! :p

demmit bro! i thought i was older than you! hahaha!

i was 33 when i had my first gear experience, but not till 35 that i went on and crusin til 39.

you sir, serve as one of my inspiration and motivation for me to continue lifting for as long as im living.. despite the injuries, we still move on and keep pushing forward.

Much much respect Big D!

Salamat Sir Braso! Shit bro I honestly wish I had tried gear much younger haha! Back in my day, there was no internet and being from a small town, you heard alot of bullshit stories about how gear will cause cancer, fuck up your liver and kidneys, etc etc - gear was the DEVIL haha! Not to brag but based on how big I got at a young age, I believe I could have did some damage on the bb scene had I tried gear back then. Lee Haney and I are around the same age, and I remember looking at his pics back in the day when he was winning teen shows and I was like "Dayum he ain't got shit on me" haha! But anyways yeah I had pumped iron natty for 25 years before even touching the sauce. Goes without saying I had genetically maxed out long before I even tried gear, and maintained a homeostasis bdwt of 240-250 for many many years natty. You and I are in the same boat as far as people thinking we are on gear even when we are not. The only thing I've been on for the past 3 years is whey and creatine when I can find it haha. Props to you also sir for pushing those heavy weights while being off for a long time. :)
  • Big Dawg wrote:
    Lee Haney and I are around the same age, and I remember looking at his pics back in the day when he was winning teen shows and I was like "Dayum he ain't got shit on me" haha!

I was like :jd:
    this gives me more excitement to see your pic back then. But unfornately, like what you've said that you don't have those pics anymore.

Props to you Big D!
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Lee Haney and I are around the same age, and I remember looking at his pics back in the day when he was winning teen shows and I was like "Dayum he ain't got shit on me" haha!

I was like :jd:
    this gives me more excitement to see your pic back then. But unfornately, like what you've said that you don't have those pics anymore.

Props to you Big D!

Yeah I wish I had them too dude! Btw, hope nobody is taking what I said about Haney out of context. It was my thoughts back then. Lee wasn't that big as a teen and at THAT time yeah I believed I could have held my own against him. I actually googled it and found one of the pics I seen of him in the mags back then, so you can see where I was coming from haha! :p

2v9zvvl.jpgLegs today...

leg press - 750 x 15, 850 x 12
    leg extension - stack x 30, stack x 22
    hack squats - 350 x 15, 400 x 10
    leg curl - 130 x 12, 150 x 8
    standing calf machine - 3 x 20-25 (stack + 50)

All sets listed are work sets.
  • Thank you so much. I've been experimenting with different grips and different overhead pressing form to no avail. I will lay off the pressing for a while.
    Haven't been around past week due to being very sick. Don't know if it was the flu or what, just very weak, hot sweating/cold chills, headache, sinus congestion, coughing, dead mode pretty much. Many of those days all I ate was chicken soup - not hungry at all and just stayed in bed. Yesterday was the first time I hit the gym in a week - dropped 8 lbs down to 232. I expected that and actually am happy I didn't lose more bdwt. Oh well, back at it again - hit chest yesterday felt weak as expected also...

smith incline press - 225 x 15, 275 x 6, 275 x 5
    flat db press - 100's x 12, 100's x 9
    flat db flyes - 60's x 12, 70's x 8
    cable crossovers - 65 x 20, 80 x 12
    Rested yesterday - hit back on Monday...

wg pulldowns - 200 x 8, 200 x 8
    bb rows - 220 x 15, 260 x 8
    t-bar row - 150 x 15, 200 x 10
    wg underhand pulldowns - 160 x 12, 180 x 8
    hyperextensions - 2 x max reps bdwt

Still weak and going to take some time to get all strength back after having the flu for a week.

Off to hit arms.............. :sport::banghead::sport::banghead::sport::banghead: :)
    Arms today...

hammer db curls - 65's x 10, 65's x 8
    seated incline db curls - 45's x 10, 45's x 8
    EZ bar curls 21's - 1 set, 75 lbs

cgbp - 220 x 10, 220 x 8
    skullscrushers - 110 x 12, 130 x 8
    straight bar pushdowns - 180 x 12, 200 x 8
    Legs yesterday...

leg press - 800 x 15, 800 x 12
    leg ext - stack x 25, stack x 20
    hack squat - 300 x 15, 350 x 10
    leg curl - 120 x 15, 140 x 10
    standing calf machine - 3 sets, stack+ 50 x 20-25

Delts/traps today...

press behind neck - 170 x 12, 190 x 8
    db press - 80's x 10, 80's x 8
    side db laterals - 40's x 12 drop 30's x 10 drop 20's x 12
    bent rear db laterals - 35's x 15, 45's x 10
    bb shrugs - 320 x 20, 380 x 10
    db shrugs - 100's x 20, 100's x 15

Still going to take awhile to get all my strength back after that week with the flu. Bdwt still down around 232-233. Oh well - been there/done that before haha. :)
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    wtf leg press, 800x15
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Ubos plates lol
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    record ko lang eh 715lbs sa kentoff paun nakapatong si angelo lol! at x8 lang ha hahaha!
    Yoko na don masama loob ko hahaha.
    Hinde ko maintidihan fellas haha! :p

For a guy my size, 800 or 900 is not that much. As I stated before, I really am not that strong "for my size". Check out Coleman leg pressing 55 plates for 12 reps - THAT'S strong. Or even sir Vinch cgbp with 220 x 10 or sir Milk inclining 100's for 10 - these guys weigh 50-60 lbs less than me - to ME, THAT'S strong! :sport: :)
    note: anyone with experience and has good inputs can chime in with their answer this is not just a question only directed to sir Bigdawg. :)

Sir BD do you think that reverse dieting transitioning from a bulking to cutting phase necessary? Or could i just drop my calories to maintenance then start from their? Advantages and disadvantages/Pros and Cons of reverse dieting, impact of reverse dieting in preserving lean mass (or is this just BS). Thanks in advance :)
    Yatez wrote:
    note: anyone with experience and has good inputs can chime in with their answer this is not just a question only directed to sir Bigdawg. :)

Sir BD do you think that reverse dieting transitioning from a bulking to cutting phase necessary? Or could i just drop my calories to maintenance then start from their? Advantages and disadvantages/Pros and Cons of reverse dieting, impact of reverse dieting in preserving lean mass (or is this just BS). Thanks in advance :)

I'm no expert on reverse dieting methods so I will refrain from commenting bro. :)Hit chest yesterday...

flat db press - 100's x 16, 100's x 13
    incline db press - 100's x 10, 100's x 8
    flat db flyes - 60's x 15, 70's x 10
    cable crossovers - 50 x 20, 70 x 12
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    its good you have enough plates to put on the leg press... or you ask 3 or more person to hop on top of the press?

still, amazing and motivating numbers as always on your log Big D!
    Anyways sir ill just rephrase the question, how do you personally do your transition from a bulking to a cutting cycle? Do you just drop the calories immediately and go with a maintenance or straight deficit?
    BraSo wrote:
    its good you have enough plates to put on the leg press... or you ask 3 or more person to hop on top of the press?

still, amazing and motivating numbers as always on your log Big D!

Yeah bro I'm fortunate that the gym has many big plates. I believe it's like 16 50's, and also about 20 35's.

Thanks for the props big guy - back at ya! :sport:
    Yatez wrote:
    Anyways sir ill just rephrase the question, how do you personally do your transition from a bulking to a cutting cycle? Do you just drop the calories immediately and go with a maintenance or straight deficit?

Keep in mind I have always kept fairly lean and never have went "all out" on bulking like many guys do and end up just looking fat. No Lee Priest bulking here haha. I don't think I've been over 15%bf all my life. Having said that, when I would go into cutting mode, I would usually not drop cals dramatically immediately but taper slowly a bit to give the body time to adjust. However I've known guys before that bulked up alot (18%+ bf) and when going to cutting they would drop cals immediate to defecit with the rationale that the sudden shock effect would burn fat. I always liked lean bulking - never looking fat, can always see the muscles, and yet easy to transition into a full cutter whenever. That doesn't mean that's the best answer for everybody though - it works for me being a mesomorph.
    Bombed back today...

wg pulldowns - 200 x 10, 220 x 8
    wg pullups - bdwt x 8, 7, 6
    bb rows - 250 x 15, 280 x 10
    t-bar row - 200 x 12, 225 x 8
    cg underhand pulldowns - 180 x 12, 180 x 10
    wg seated cable rows (long straight bar - pull to chest) - stack x 15, stack x 12
    hyperextensions - bdwt x 35, 25
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Sir BD. imagine the people stopping at your gym to see you pull yourself up with that size/physique.

It must be a sight to behold!
    monching11 wrote:
    Sir BD. imagine the people stopping at your gym to see you pull yourself up with that size/physique.

It must be a sight to behold!

Yeah but you see the reps aren't much bro haha. :pDamn this sucks - was sick a week ago with the flu, then past few days caught a stomach virus from my son and was dead mode again eating soup only and resting in bed. :banghead: Hit the gym today and now down to 228 @#$%! That's like 10-12 lbs lost in the past 2 weeks over being ill. Anyways, hit arms today - felt weak as hell...

hammer curl - 60's x 8, 60's x 6
    seated incline db curls - 40's x 10, 40's x 9
    Arnie style concentration curl - 35 x 12, 35 x 10

cgbp - 220 x 8, 220 x 7
    skullcrushers - 110 x 12, 120 x 10
    straight bar cable pushdowns - 170 x 12, 190 x 8

Most important is my son is OK - doc gave us the option to admit and put him on IV, or give him some benadryl syrup to help stop the nausea and give him alot of gatorade & water. We went with the latter option, and everything worked out ok thank GOD. :)
    Legs today...

leg press - 700 x 12, 800 x 8
    leg ext - stack x 20 x 2
    hacks - 300 x 15, 350 x 10
    leg curl - 100 x 12, 120 x 8, 120 x 6
    standing calf machine - stack x 20 x 3

All worksets ^

Was somewhat pleased with the weights I could use for being so drained from being sick 2x in past 2 weeks. We'll get it back soon. :sport:
    Hit back Wednesday...

wg pullups - bdwt x 7, 8, 6, 6
    underhand bb row - 220 x 15, 250 x 10
    underhand pulldowns - 180 x 10, 200 x 8
    wg seated cable rows - stack x 15, stack x 12
    crossbench db pullover - 100 x 15, 100 x 12

Hit delts/traps today

smith military press - 225 x 9, 225 x 7
    side db laterals - 35's x 15, 45's x 10
    rear laterals machine - 130 x 15, 145 x 12
    smith shrugs - 405 x 12, 455 x 10

seated calf machine - 180 x 30, 230 x 20, 230 x 20

Bdwt today 230 ughh. That flu kicked my ass - gonna be some time to get back to 240 and get all strength back on everything. :banghead:
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    225 MP!!!! :jd:

is that standing or seated sir?