Big Dawg

Comments

• ^
    I can't wait till your son gets to pre-school. "My dad can beat up your dad." Hahaha
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Leg day

leg press - 800 x 15, 900 x 12
    leg ext - stack x 25, stack x 20
    hacks - 300 x 15, 400 x 8
    leg curl - 120 x 15, 140 x 8

standing calf machine - stack + 50 x 25, stack + 50 x 25

All above are worksets
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    hi sir BD, what does the "Stack" means? sorry for being newb
  • ^
    The entire stack of weight on a machine :)

Ex: Lat pulldown goes to 200. I used 200. I used the whole stack
    Jettie wrote:
    hi sir BD, what does the "Stack" means? sorry for being newb

Stack means the maximum amount of weight on the machine, so if it goes up to let's say 250 max, then the "stack" is 250, etc etc.
    I see... thanks sir BD and pat.. our local gym has a bad set of leg extension/curls machine.. My shins were hurt and felt the iron behind the roller foam.. Deym
    Arms today...

standing alt db curl - 50's x 12, 65's x 7, 65's x 6
    single arm db preacher curl - 50 x 15, 50 x 12 + 5 burns
    ez bar 21's - 1 set 75 lbs

pushdowns - 200 x 12, 230 x 7
    skullcrushers - 130 x 12, 150 x 7
    leaning overhead cable extensions - 160 x 15, 180 x 10

All sets listed are worksets. Just to inform, the pushdown cable has 3 pulleys, compared to the lat pulldown which has 2. More pulleys = easier - just want to point that out bcoz it looks like I'm using the same weight on pushdowns as lat pulldowns on back day - not haha! :)

Funny thing today - a guy in the gym asks me if my arms are 23 or 24 inches haha! Guess he watches too much WWE or reads to many muscle mags. I always get asked how big they are. I honestly don't know - haven't measured them in probably over 5 years. Point I'm getting at though, the tape CAN be a good tool to measure progress regarding muscle size. I did it all the time back in my teens when really growing. Obviously it works best for someone who isn't too fat, since you can't flex fat hehe. :p
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Yo sir BD can i please ask for a rough guideline of what your meal plan and training was during your days as a natty? I'm looking to grow as much as possible sir thanks in advance!
  • Sir BD! Sent you a message via PM :)
    Sir BD! Sent you a message via PM :)

Masala Maker has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user. Duh.
    Yatez wrote:
    Yo sir BD can i please ask for a rough guideline of what your meal plan and training was during your days as a natty? I'm looking to grow as much as possible sir thanks in advance!

Training back then was same as now with the exception back then I did squats, bench and deads more. Due to injuries, I haven't squatted or benched regularly in many years. I still do deads but not with the same conviction as back then - again due to injuries. However, everything else I bust ass on - refer to my routine. Diet has always been rather conventional. I don't go to either extreme of eating 8-10x per day or 1-2x per day. I eat rather soundly - 3-4x per day, along with post-w.o shake. I also eat a snack when I wake up to take a piss late night.

My mindset was always the same natty or ON, it was always balls-to-the-wall training and still is dude. I haven't been ON for over 3 years, and still kickin' ass with the iron, just as I did 25 years before even going to the darkside. :)
  • Sorry! Didn't know it was set like that!
    Did you count calories sir? or just ate some massive amount of food for your meals?
    Yatez wrote:
    Did you count calories sir? or just ate some massive amount of food for your meals?

Only time I kept track of cals in detail was when preparing for a show. Other than that, I just stayed in a ballpark range and used the mirror as my gauge. Getting too smooth - drop the cals a bit. Not gaining enough - up the cals a bit. Simple. It's always been easy for me to eat healthy, I ENJOY eating fish, chicken, steak, eggs, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. I don't get many cravings for junk. If I do, I eat it - anything in moderation isn't going to killa ya. I have to admit that I'm very lucky in being about as close to a true meso as you can get. I've had good friends over the years that trained with me, ecto and endo both. This one dude could eat everything under the sun and find it hard to gain only a couple pounds - he reallly had to work for it and force feed bcoz his metab was like an engine on roids haha. Yet another friend of mine was always fighting chubby-mode no matter how much he did cardio and clean his diet was. Indeed I've been lucky that I'm not on either end of the spectrum. The longer you're in the game, the better you get to know your own body and metab and how to make the necessary adjustments. :)
    smith incline press - 275 x 8, 305 x 3
    flat db press - 100's x 18, 100's x 13
    flat db flyes - 70's x 12, 80's x 8
    cable crossovers - 65 x 25, 80 x 15

seated calves - 210 x 25, 250 x 15

All listed sets are worksets
    Damn those flyes!
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    lol! 80lbs on flyes! i dont want to live in this planet anymore!
    just a little more weight, he can flyes me on his one hand!

Daym! BEAST MODE!
    milksworth wrote:
    lol! 80lbs on flyes! i dont want to live in this planet anymore!

Haha I'm sure you're not far behind bro. :)
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Yatez wrote:

Only time I kept track of cals in detail was when preparing for a show. Other than that, I just stayed in a ballpark range and used the mirror as my gauge. Getting too smooth - drop the cals a bit. Not gaining enough - up the cals a bit. Simple. It's always been easy for me to eat healthy, I ENJOY eating fish, chicken, steak, eggs, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. I don't get many cravings for junk. If I do, I eat it - anything in moderation isn't going to killa ya. I have to admit that I'm very lucky in being about as close to a true meso as you can get. I've had good friends over the years that trained with me, ecto and endo both. This one dude could eat everything under the sun and find it hard to gain only a couple pounds - he reallly had to work for it and force feed bcoz his metab was like an engine on roids haha. Yet another friend of mine was always fighting chubby-mode no matter how much he did cardio and clean his diet was. Indeed I've been lucky that I'm not on either end of the spectrum. The longer you're in the game, the better you get to know your own body and metab and how to make the necessary adjustments. :)

Indeed.
    Wow I hope I had your body type. Hehehe
    I think I relate a bit with the second friend of yours hahaha.
    wg front pulldowns - 200 x 12, 230 x 8
    bb rows - 260 x 12, 280 x 8
    t-bar rows - 200 x 12, 225 x 8
    cg underhand pulldowns - 180 x 12, 200 x 8
    db pullover - 100 x 12, 100 x 10
    hyperextensions - bdwt x 35, bdwt x 25

All sets listed are worksets.

Pain-free workout - thank you God. :)
    allen101 wrote:
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Yatez wrote:

Indeed.
    Wow I hope I had your body type. Hehehe
    I think I relate a bit with the second friend of yours hahaha.

Yeah it's a little harder being a true endo or ecto, but with sound diet one can prevail. :)
    bb pbn - 180 x 10, 200 x 6
    db press - 80's x 12, 80's x 10
    db side laterals - 1 drop set {45's x 10, 35's x 8, 25's x 8}
    db shrugs - 100's x 25, 100's x 15

incline situps - 50 reps
    lying leg raise - 30 reps

Not the best workout regarding strength - triceps & elbows were still a little sore from heavy db pullovers the other day, which affected my pressing weight. Still was pumped bigtime and feeling swole hehe. :)
    Found some old pics. These pics might be cool to show how powerful muscle memory is. I don't think I mentioned before that I was diagnosed with lupus in 2007. When I have an attack, it makes feel so fatigued and just dead mode. Thank God I haven't had any serious attacks in the 2+ years I have lived here in Philippines. I moved here in June, 2011. Previous to moving here, I didn't work out for 8 months, due to a few attacks, but mostly from being sooo busy and stressed trying to tie up all my lose ends in US to prepare to move here. My diet sucked - I was lucky to get in maybe 2500 cals per day - most of that from fast food. My bdwt had usually been 245-255 for many years, and I dropped down to 212 - the lowest I had been in 30 years haha crazy! Now that I look back I have no idea how I could have gotten away from the iron for 8 months - that was my longest hiatus from the iron ever.

Anyways, this 1st pic is in August 2011 - 2 months after moving here. I had joined my 1st gym here and been hitting it for about 1 month after that long layoff. I weighed around 215...

8xjuaw.jpgThis next pic is from Feb 2012. I had got up to around 230 by Xmas 2011, but between then and March 2012 I couldn't really hit the iron consistent bcoz my wife was 6-9 months pregnant during that time and had to stay home more, so I lost a bit bcoz of that. I believe here I was around 225...

2h7qrcw.jpgAfter my son was born, I still wasn't hitting it full force until around a month later - early April 2012 was back at it busting ass 100%. This pic is in June 2012, around 230...

wcmon5.jpgSeptember 2012 - around 230-235...

296nf5k.jpgThis last pic is from March this year - between 235-240. Hadn't put on so much scale weight, but more dense. While my bdwt is less than previous years/decades of 250+, my bf is less, so it's all good. Keep in mind I've been hitting the iron for 35 years, so not like I'm making n00b gains on the scale at this point haha. If I can continue to recomp and stay around 240, which is where I am now, I'll take it. :)

30b027b.jpg
    Monster sir
    revenge of the titan!
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    215 still looks beastly!
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    When I saw the first pic I was already impressed and then when I read that was the pic after 8 months without training I was shocked lol.
    Beast mode sir! Enough said!

Hehehe
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Hands down sir! Hands down!
    i couldnt help to say this... "release the kraken"!
    Thanks bruthas!
    milksworth wrote:
    i couldnt help to say this... "release the kraken"!

Bwhahaha! Kraken mode only if on AAS!lol :pLeg day

leg press - 800 x 15, 900 x 7
    leg ext - stack x 27, stack x 18
    hacks - 350 x 12, 400 x 10
    leg curl - 120 x 15, 140 x 10, 140 x 8

standing calf machine - stack + 50 x 25, stack + 50 x 25, stack + 50 x 20

All above are worksets

Humid as a mofo today! Kicked my ass - just didn't have the strength on leg press as past few workouts. Felt guilty from that, so kicked ass on everything else.