Comments

• JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    lalo na samin, hahaha makalawang na, madungis pa. Pag tapos ko nga mag gym kala mo basureror ako hehe plus ang kalat pa ng gym chalk ko pa.

I don't think of it na mastop sa pag squat or DL.

I supposed on your lifts you know whatever you are doing brah so form is always first!
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Yep form over weight all the time, what's your take on doing parallel squats opposed to ATG in terms of Quad development, i've noticed that my glutes and hams are more activated during ATGs will switching to parallel help bring up my quads more? I'm kinda satisfied with my hams already i want to focused more on developing my Quads. :sleepy: Plus i pause for about a second at the most bottom position and explode back up from the ATG position
  • ^
    Focus more on quads?? Do front squats haha they are amazing

I've ditched the back squat tbh
    Update: 174.2lbs

@Pat yep i'm gonna practice my form later the cross armed one, what variation do you perform?
    For parallel to atg form, whatever works on you bro. I did the same, I felt smoothly getting gainz on poundages when doing the below parallel shoulder width foot stance..

Quads? Front squats, lunges , leg extensions tho I aint no jedi master for it since dinedevelope ko pa rin sakin hehe.

Still doing the back squat and front squats tho, hypertrophy based ang front squats ko with medium weight / higher reps style.
  • Clean grip with straps. Due to small as fuk (4') wrists lol

image005.jpeg

fsstrapgrip.jpg

Uhh if you do the cross armed one, I find it easy to lean too far forward and make it into a Good Morning.
    I was doing the ATG with a narrow stance cause the wide stance really hurt my hip flexors they become sore the next day :( with the narrow one it allowed my hams to touch my calves. How do you keep the bar from rolling off your shoulder when doing front squats? i tried just a rep last wed and at near the buttom position it rolled off or is it just because i was using a light load that's why it wasn't stable on top of my shoulder?
    Front Squats ko is yung end position pag nag Po-power cleans.. Before I was doing powercleans then front squats ( it really really drains the hell out of me LOL )

20f3iux.jpg

My style para hindi mawala sa form, as long as I can extend my elbows upward , pag hirap ka gawin maybe try some triceps stretching. Then the bar is sitting on my upper pecs near rc.

Ewan, yan ang observation ko on myself doing the lifts
    @Pat nice tip good think i purchased straps weeks ago. =)) I'll try that later! But i still want to do the cross armed one Ronnie style!
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    Yatez wrote:
    Yep form over weight all the time, what's your take on doing parallel squats opposed to ATG in terms of Quad development, i've noticed that my glutes and hams are more activated during ATGs will switching to parallel help bring up my quads more? I'm kinda satisfied with my hams already i want to focused more on developing my Quads. :sleepy: Plus i pause for about a second at the most bottom position and explode back up from the ATG position

For me parallel or atg doesn't make much of a difference to me when it comes to muscle activation between quads/hammies/glutes coz i can activate each one of them in every portion of the lift in each rep. If your quads are somewhat lacking you can do leg presses, leg ext, lunges, etc in short isolate them. you can also do single leg workouts to isolate them better.
  • You can do that if you want. I'm just saying that the Clean grip does a better job of keeping your chest up, so that the bar won't slide off your shoulders. :)

Oh yep, chest up is an important part of the front squat. The back squat gives you a bit off leeway to use more lower back, but not the front squat.
    I've ditched the back squat tbh

How come?
  • @ DS

Front Squat just feels better on my lower back and hips.

Nothing wrong with the Back Squat, just a personal preference.
    Hmmm... ok. had that kind of prob too w/ the back squat before. i figured out eventually that i had poor hip hinging so i had to fix 'em w/out giving up the back squat. the reason as well why i asked is eventually loading the bar further in a front squat will become difficult compared to a back squat. also like what you've said front squat focuses on the quads than you hammies/glutes. apart from that back squat has a great carry-over w/ deadlifting. just sayin coz you might wonder eventually why your hammies/glutes are weaker than your quads. Well you know your stuff, so that will just be up to you. :)

Oh i got no beef w/ the front squat just to be clear, some might misinterpret where i'm gettin' at. :)
  • ^
    Yep that's one thing. For overall development in the legs Back Squat > Front Squat.
    does your lower back hurt so much when you do back squats?
  • ^
    Not that much. Although I tend to make the Back Squat more into a good morning. It might be hip tightness or something idk. I like the feeling of keeping the chest up during a squat. Might switch to the olympic back squat eventually. (Oly BS on the right btw)

Squat-800x541.jpg

Although I do a lot of hip myofascial release via medicine ball.

I find it easier to get deep with the front squat compared to back squat. Weird
    Hmmm... very likely a prob w/ the hips indeed. try doing good mornings w/ your back facing a wall but distance your self prolly around a foot or a foot and a half from the wall then perform good mornings by throwing your butt away as far as you can. the more your body becomes parallel sa floor the farther your butt should be and make sure your butt grazes at least to the wall (or post w/c ever is applicable). oh and you can bend your knees on a good morning by the way. doing a good morning stiff legged just calls for disaster especially w/ a loaded bar on your back :) you can do that either part of warm-ups or as finisher then if you are used to throwing your butt far enough you can try doing that w/ a loaded bar on your back. That helped w/ my lower back tightness at the bottom also made my core stronger :)

DB/KB swings also helps w/ hip hinging though i'd recommend GMs.
  • ^ Took a screenshot of that
    Will try next Leg day. Thanks sir DS. :)
    Anyone here from Sumulong?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    BACK- can you do pullups/chins? i suggest you replace any of the pulldowns with pullups. pullovers for me is better done as a warmp/pre exhaust so you can save your bicep strength.

too much arm work bro, you can hit arms with delts (atleast you'll have another restday). it would be better if you do CGBP or dips for tricep mass instead of hitting it FST7 style. same with bi's barbell and dumbbell curls will do.

you can also add some abwork. overall, i like your routine :)
    Are 13 sets too much for my tri's and bi's? I just do the fst7 do get more of that pump in i have 2 excercises that i go heavy with to build more mass with my bi's and tri's, and sir i have CGBP there i think you kinda missed it :) , i can do and i used to do wide grip pull ups and chins though i feel i get a better pump in my lats by using the pulldown machine and wrist straps to further remove my bi's in the equation and engage more of my lat's contraction, will there be any significant difference in in terms of my lats hypertrophy in choosing to use more of the pulldown machine than regular chins and pull ups? I think i'm getting adequate rest i sleep for 10 hours in average cause my class is all scheduled in the afternoon :) so i decided to give my arms a special day to focus on

And what abwork would you recommend to build more mass in my abdominals my goal is maximum hypertrophy strength comes in 2nd.
    13 is way too much coz bi's and tri's are small muscle groups. yeah i noticed the CGBP just now hehehe, keep doin it. if you dont have much arm mass, CGBP and dips will really help especially if you want your triceps to run all the way down to the elbows. dont be fooled with pump bro, it doesnt always mean you have a good workout if you are pumped. you can carbup, drink alot of water and take some pwo supps then do some volume training even with submaximal weights... after a few minutes, PUMPED TO THE MAX! if you're a natty then you have no choice but to go heavy, the pump will come but don't look for it, go heavy! :)

pullup is hard, most 170lbs guys can do 170lbs pulldowns but cannot pull their BW. mix it up since you already have 3 pulldown movements. and dont be too strict with form coz our body is designed to work in a particular rhythm so if your form is only 85% strict it will not make much difference in the execution.

for abs, basic crunches and leg raises for now. most exotic abwork works just the same.
    I could do strict pull ups for 10 reps (from dead hang position) followed by a slow eccentric though the problem is it burns me out on the other lifts hmm, yep i'm aware that a pump doesn't always equate to more muscle development, i'm just experimenting on that fascia stretch shit if it will work for me =))
    ayun, kaya mo pala e at strict pa! good!:) it will burn you out coz its hard, eventually you will adapt so incorporate it now. for me, those last pump sets works best for big muscle groups but not for arms. if its working for you now then just go ahead :)
    Maybe i'll keep track of my arms using a tape measure for about a month after this deload, thanks sir vinch :)
    Aug 8 2013 update:

Meal 1:

4oz Breaded Spicy Chicken Breast 25g protein 1g fat
    100g Oats 63g carbs 15g protein 8g fat
    3 Whole Eggs 18g protein 15g fat
    8oz milk 12g carbs 9g protein 9g fat
    2pcs wheat bread 33g carbs 8g protein 2g fat
    32g skippy 16g fat 7g protein 7g carbs
    20g blueberry smuckers 13g carbs

Meal 2:

8oz chicken breasts 50g protein 2g fat
    100g rice 84g carbs 10g protein
    120g carbonara 76g carbs 16g protein 6g fat
    8oz milk 12g carbs 9g protein 9g fat
    1 scoop whey protein 24g protein 3g carbs 1g fat

25+15+18+9+8+7+7+7+24+50+10+16+9 = 205g protein
    63+12+33+7+7+7+13+13+13+3+84+76+12 = 343g carbs
    1+8+15+9+2+16+16+16+1+2+6+9= 101g fat

Total = 3101 calories

Leg Day: (Deload Week)

ATG Back Squats

60x5
    60x5
    60x5
    60x5

Front Squats

50x5
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5

Leg Press

250 x 8
    250 x 8
    250 x 8

Leg Extensions

50 x 8
    50 x 8
    50 x 8

Lying Leg Curls

40 x 8
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

DONE
  • How were the Front Squats?
    They were okay haha, i felt more comfortable with the bodybuilder's stance tho, the straps kept on slipping off my shoulders =)) though the trainer of the gym who i trained legs kanina found the straps better =))I still have to ramp up the weight i felt like a pussy with the 50's =))
  • ^
    Front Squats with straps are a nice compromise if you don't have enough wrist mobility to do a Clean grip, btw. If you can manage a clean grip, by all means do that instead.

:)