Workout Log

Comments

• 8/7/13 - Early Morning Leg Day

Warm up - Myofascial release via medicine ball.

Front Squat - Clean grip with straps (Free weight fs. Phuck dat smith machine chit)
    45x5 - warm-up
    95x5 - warm-up
    180x3 - PR for a triple. Hitting this weight next leg day for a 5, then moving on to 185.
    170x5 - Back off set
    160x5 - Back off set

Deadlift - Every other week. Double Overhand Grip
    135x5 - Warmup
    240x5 - DOH, with chalk, and with a crappy Gold's Gym belt. When I reach 315, I'll take a visit to Inzer.

Hamstring Curl - I had an unusually long rest time here. Kinda burnt out na
    90x8 - Working Sets

Seated Calf Raise
    2 45 Pound plates attached - 3x10
  • Oh i'd just like to share. Hehe.

My younger brother, he's 13, he just started lifting last Wednesday. I'm sure he'll surpass me, his pre-lifting stats are 5'7, 150 lbs., and he has a shoe size one and a half larger than me, so he'll definitely surpass me. I'm putting him on a Hypertrophy + Strength based Upper/Lower/Upper.

Wish him luck hehe
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Lol you made a guinea pig out of your brother brah. Its always good to have your brother become an iron disciple lol.

Nice wheels brah. Good job
  • ^
    Well he's doing pretty well, besides the fact that he needs to stop making the Squat a Good Morning. Sigh

Thanks! Tbh I didn't do legs my first year of lifting (big mistake) so I did Front Squats 3x a week for m o n t h s. Hit 180 lbs. today hehe.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Solid numbers for your age - keep it up! :)
  • ^
    Thanks BD! Hoping to hit 205x5 for FS and 315 lbs for reps on DL before the summer hehe. I should trim the excess fat during that time for the beach hehehe
  • 8/8/13 - Cardio

30 minutes, elliptical while watching the Powerpuff Girls for maximum gainzz
    One session of Yoga For Dummies

Adjusting to a -100 calorie/maintenance, maintaining/increasing strength for the next year, attempting a slow but steady recomposition (look leaner @170 lbs.)

If anyone wonders how da fuk i'm posting at this hour, i'm homeschooled. I have a chit load of free time lol
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    I love how you speak brah, swagger kid lol. Kiddin.

I love what you posted on the other thread about the chicks on their period fucking funny hahahaha
  • ^
    Hehe ty sir Allen. To be honest, all the girls who've tried to be-friend me thinks i'm a douchebag/as*shole/narcissist so it's alright. 95% of my friends don't even lift.

Feels good man no lie. Most of my friends are 5'5 125 and i'm like 5'9 175. Feeling like a god amongst men lol jk
  • Before I go to bed, let's not forget that this is the key to success, for all of us. Goodnight brahs!

tumblr_mprems2jRX1sqxo9ho1_500.jpg
  • Dude, read your journal. Keep on keeping on! Natawa ako sa picture. Upload ko kaagad sa FB ko yan. haha.
  • ^
    Thanks bro! :)

8/9/13 - Early morning Upper

Warm up:
    Really light Arnold Presses and Rear Delt Flyes with pink dumbbells for shoulder mobility. I was wearing a stringer and people were giving me WTF looks

Flat Bench - Paused, back arched

45x5 - warm up
    95x5 - warm up
    160x3 - pr for a triple
    150x5 - back off set
    140x5 - back off set

Barbell Row - Double Overhand
    120x8 - working set
    120x8 - working wet
    120x8 - working set

Incline Dumbbell Press - Had a spotter to help me position it
    60 Pound Dumbbells x6
    60 Pound Dumbbells x6
    60 Pound Dumbbells x6

Pulldowns - Wide, with straps (burnt out from bb row na eh)
    120x8 - working set
    120x8 - working set
    120x8 - working set

Lateral Raises
    20x10 - working set
    20x10 - working set
    20x10 - working set

Alternating Dumbbell Curl
    2 working sets of 10 reps - 30 pound dumbbells

Tricep exercise of choice - (Chose pushdowns)
    2 working sets of 10 reps - 100 lbs.

Edit: Just included the warm up

Found this chit on tumblr lol exactly why I started lifting hahaha
    tumblr_mqweony33L1r4qw78o1_500.png
    ^lol. same here brah but i was skinny and small! funny when they treat you like then fastforward when you lift they suddenly reverse polarity lol.
  • ^
    Dat feel. That was a bad phase in my life lol
    ^well looking back, it's a good thing it happened because of it we became the better version of ourselves lol.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    I don't feel that yet, dahil focus pa ko sa goal ko hehe..

This image explains me very well today..

123sh88.jpg
  • @ sir Allen
    Exactly. Felt good seeing her new boyfriend 5'7 130 emo-looking dude and i'm 5'9 175 na. Dat der satisfaction when I saw her jaw drop :D

@ Jettie

Disregard women, acquire aesthetics. lol women won't be able to keep their fcuking hands off you when you finish dat cut haha
    yes. hehe I started working out my ass when I broke up on my ex live in partner. kaya mataas ang drive ko to do something good on myself and focus into achieving something. Breakups creates bodybuilders nuff' said ( tho hindi pang bodybuilding ang goal ko atm lol )
    Jettie wrote:
    I don't feel that yet, dahil focus pa ko sa goal ko hehe..

This image explains me very well today..

123sh88.jpg

everyone I know who I bump into nowadays will say 90% of the time "Ibang iba ka na!" In a positive way of course lol. It just comes naturally brah and when your time comes it feels damn good brah!

@ sir Allen
    Exactly. Felt good seeing her new boyfriend 5'7 130 emo-looking dude and i'm 5'9 175 na. Dat der satisfaction when I saw her jaw drop :D

@ Jettie

Disregard women, acquire aesthetics. lol women won't be able to keep their fcuking hands off you when you finish dat cut haha

errr, im not allen brah lol
  • @ Jettie
    Last sentence x1000

Damn, I thought I was the only one who started lifting cause of girl issues.

Although the more I do dis chit I could hardly care less on my physique (I still care, but not as much as I used to) hell, 5 years from now, I'm gonna ask myself why do I even lift haha

An important lesson i've learned when it comes to chicks is that physique doesn't really matter. What matters is how you talk to them and how you use your penis lol. Chicks that dig a good body is just an icing on the cake tbh.

I've met my ~girl~ when I was 140. I was a skinny phuck when we first met lol

@ sir Monch

Whoops. Sorry. A bit brain dead this morning lol

Lol yep, a good physique can give you better self esteem, but you shouldn't base it entirely on just that.

brb old friends ask if you're on the juice
  • #selfie
    Looks like i've dropped some water weight. 168-170 ish from 175. WTF

oawt8j.jpg

Edit: You can't see it, but irl I can see my shoulder striations flexed. Feels good man
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Bro what's your current body fat?
  • ^
    I put in my measurements on an online bf% (31.5 inch waist, 170 lbs.), came back at 13%

Big Dawg said I was 15% +

I guess 13-18% Hahaha

I remember my last cut. Got down real low but no vascularity due to my age (???)

If anyone can give me an estimate, it would be well appreciated.

Edit: Forgive the vanity. I just look extra lean (yes bulking) today so I decided to take a pic. Hahaha
    I think it's because during your last cut you didn't have enough muscle mass, i remember you said you weighed 130 something your last cut right? We are of the same height and i can't imagine myself going down 130.. I think your at 18-20% dunno not an expert in looking =)) what is your goal weight after your bulk?
  • ^
    I think 18% is a good estimate. Not flattering myself with 13% lmao. Umm, attempting a recomposition at this weight (Lose fat build muscle on a slight deficit/maintenance) :)

I've been bulking since the new year, so I guess i'm done with that ~phase~ pala, forgot to add that.

I was 155 when I joined the forum.
    I'd say 20%. I have a caliper and measured some of my friends with it
  • ^
    Ty men. Uhh not getting any fatter so I stopped bulking already hahaha
    Lol my estimate was quite spot on
  • just for you, Yatez u sexy beast you <3

Super+Gold+Star%25E3%2581%25AE%25E3%2582%25B3%25E3%2583%2594%25E3%2583%25BC.jpg
    hahaha lol

anyway gonna practice front squats with the straps in a while hope it works well lol