Daily Dose

124»

Comments

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    I stopped going to the gym last June 12 because my membership already expired..
    Gym Membership Expiry is [size=large]NOT AN EXCUSE!
    [/size]

My supps are all out as well..
    Supplementation Outage is [size=large]NOT AN EXCUSE!
    [/size]

And I need to give some rest to my wrist which has been aching for a month now..
    Wrist Injury is [size=large]NO-[/size] [size=x-small]wait...[/size] can consider this one! Check your grip on your next routine...

I'll be hitting the gym again this coming end of June, so halos 20 days akong walang workout nun..
    WELCOME BACK TO THE IRON GAME!
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    true lahat yan!

my take ..
    I stopped going to the gym last June 12 because my membership already expired..

Eh di kanto gym!

Eh di daanin sa whole foods! ang sarap kaya kumain!
    And I need to give some rest to my wrist which has been aching for a month now..

Form check form check!
    I'll be hitting the gym again this coming end of June, so halos 20 days akong walang workout nun..

Mamimiss mo yan talaga sir! hehe karga lang ng karga ng bakal!
    Jettie wrote:

Eh di daanin sa whole foods! ang sarap kaya kumain!

Actually jet, mas mahal pa din talaga 'pag sa whole foods. (Mas mahal pa nga ata minsan kaysa sa daily macros with others from supps vs. purely from whole foods!, though bawi naman kasi mas ensured ang quality from whole foods. Expensive nga talaga ang pagbo-bodybuild, hindi din naman sinabing magiging madali...
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    ah eh... may tanong ako kay pereng daniel... "neseye ne eng lehet" este. define clean foods? or eating clean?
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Consistency is the key..
    yes sir core mahal, pero kung kakayanin mo lunukin ang manok lagi lagi eh makakamura talaga hehehe..

130 lang ang chick breast part na malaki sa suking palengke :) 150 lang ang fillet type na breast.. lagi ko inoorder 5 kilos tuwing payday.. tumatagal naman
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    For me there's nothing wrong with 20 days of no formal training. It doesnt make you less of a bodybuilder. But for you to do nothing in 20 days is a lot of time wasted. You can have all the excuses in the world but i am sure there is always an alternative. You should have sticked with your diet coz that's the easiest thing to do atleast mentally. Most lifters are too reliant on the weights and supps to reach their goals while dieting is just an idea they have in thier minds that they apply to their regimen when they want to. That's why its very common to hear "napadami ng kain" at "napainom". This sportis more than just lifting. Diet, sleep, and discipline all contribute to your development so dont miss out on these. No workout is fine but no everything? C'mon man....

Get back up and start over!
  • noelnoel Posts: 304
    @Borexxx
    I guess everyone here got to missed their workout at one time or another...with excuses from lame to valid ones..
    I agree with badass_vinch regarding those things which are important...

I myself got to miss my mine for three weeks due to problems (financial, work, family....nagsaba-sabay lahat) which caused me too much stress and miss out the most on sleeping...but i made sure that at least i get to eat as per my required maintenance...

I got to lift again only yesterday...having to deload 10 lbs from my usual weight...and having slight DOMS today...

life is not perfect...and there are things we can't control....buhat lang uli...as the Beatles song goes..."Get Back!"
  • BorexxxBorexxx Posts: 167
    Salamat sa mga inputs..

Just to clear the air about that EXCUSE word.. That's one of the words I hated most, so I'm not making any excuse not to go to the gym.. I'm simply narrating reason bakit ako napa stop FOR A WHILE.. Ayaw na ayaw ko tumigil.. Talagang nagkataon lang sabay sabay yung tatlong reasons na nakita nyo..

Expired membership - Sa bakal gym ako nag ggym, 3 months membership ako kaya medyo pricey.. it cost me 3k for 3 months.. By the way, may anak din akong pinapa gatas at bahay na inuupahan kaya I guess napahinga ako sa gym.

Out of supps - It's not an excuse, na mention ko lang po na nasakto din sa pag ubos.. di maka bili dahil uunahin ko ibang gastos like bills.. uunahin ko din mag renew ng membership ko before buying supps.

Aching wrist - Not an excuse again, tinitiis ko yan kahit masakit minsan, kasi may goal ako..

Once again, pasensya na po at medyo malabo ang dating ng unang post ko.. Salamat sa mga inputs.. malaking tulong sakin lahat ng info dito.. :) cheers
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    ok lang yan bro, magandang motivation nga ang mga setbacks na yan to make you work harder pag balik mo sa training kasi medyo gigil ka sa bakal. goodluck and go hard!
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    tama si vinch! you'll never become an experienced and elite lifter if you haven't gone through a lot setbacks. :)
    Dyan ako agree na agree.. Gigil sa bakal pag balik.. I will have my wrist checked this week na po.. Hoping to get positive results.. Ang sakit kasi each time I twist.. Yung gagawin mong pa letter "L" ung forearm to hand? aray ko.. hehe..

Salamat ulit sa mga inputs mga kapatid!
    Borexxx wrote:
    Ang sakit kasi each time I twist.. Yung gagawin mong pa letter "L" ung forearm to hand? aray ko.. hehe..

Ginagawa mo ba'to everytime you press?
    Core wrote:
    Borexxx wrote:
    Ang sakit kasi each time I twist.. Yung gagawin mong pa letter "L" ung forearm to hand? aray ko.. hehe..

HHmm... I think "unintentionally" yes... Not most of the time pero feeling ko di ko naiiwasan bumaliko hand ko minsan.. Mali ba sir? Dapat ba strait ang forearm to hand lagi?

Baka yung wrong posture ang culprit ng aching wrist ko ah.. Please advise sir para mabago.. I will also review some videos baka di ko napapansin eh mali na pala posture ko.. :(
    [quoteBaka yung wrong posture ang culprit ng aching wrist ko ah.. Please advise sir para mabago.. I will also review some videos baka di ko napapansin eh mali na pala posture ko.. :(][/quote]

Sir suggest ko sir videohan mo sarili mo para ikaw mismo makaka correct and watch it again and again for reviews or post it here
    I'll be back in the game starting tomorrow.. Will review my posture for all lifts specially with my presses.. Hope I can correct some mistakes..

Thanks!
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    Diba mas maganda kung sa journal mo lahat ng yari tong usapan kasi madali kang makakapagupadate. Kesa dito ka nag uupdate at natabunan journal mo.

daniel wrote:
    sir Stannis yaan natin sya gusto nya yun eh.

LOL! Wag na din tayong maglagay ng forum rules.
    Borexxx wrote:
    Core wrote:
    Borexxx wrote:

HHmm... I think "unintentionally" yes... Not most of the time pero feeling ko di ko naiiwasan bumaliko hand ko minsan.. Mali ba sir?

Yes. Napupunta kasi yung stress nung weight nung barbell mo doon sa wrist mo instead to your forearm, which leads to injury.

egpjk1.jpg
    [size=x-small]*Assume na mas greater pa ang angle nung arm with respect to the axis of the forearm — near L-shape.[/size]
    Borexxx wrote:
    Dapat ba strait ang forearm to hand lagi?

O dapat straight ang hand sa forearm? Hindi mo naman na ma-iistraight ang forearm, as it is na kasi yun na straight.

"Dapat straight ang hand sa forearm?" > A quick assumption would be....

The arm is aligned with respect to the forearm.
    2i74vls.jpg

No. Tendency is magroroll-forward naman yung bar, which also might lead to even greater injury — baka mahulog pa yung bar sa chest mo...

xbn4lg.jpg

Check the position nung bar sa palms mo and the alignment of the bar with respect to the axis of the forearm. With proper grip, evenly distributed yung bigat.
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    Nag magic si Master DS! Hahaha
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    heheh i just merged the threads para di masyado magulo for everyone and to put an end w/ the long discussion of where this thread is supposed to belong.

Sir borexx, medyo may konting bad news lang. for some reason, nawala ung stats and progress pic mo dun sa right side ng first page ng journal mo after the merge (w/c we will not be able to retrieve anymore) so paki update na lang po ulit. Thanks! :)
    Nagulat ako sir. DS.. pero ok lang, thanks for the merge.. Update ko nalang stats..

Sir. Core, thanks sa explanation/clarification.. It helps a lot! Excited to be back to the iron game later...
    I'm back to 180 pounds again and I love it!!!

On my stats, I started with this weight then I dropped to 169.. I noticed that it doesn't look good on me kasi parang manipis ako.. I started eating more and taking supps regularly and went back on 180.

On my assumption, the excess fats and water weight I lost was replaced with lean mass.. Sort of.. Tama ba ang assumption ko?
    Long time no updates..

td7.png
  • bomsbonbomsbon Posts: 194
    Welcome back sir, sa transformers gym ka pa rin?:sport:
  • 180 target weight ko. Currently at around 196. At 5'10 rin ako haha. Magiging ganyan pala more or less itsura ko pag 180 ako not counting lean body mass differences. Pretty fucking stoked for you. Congrats sir! haha Keep on keeping on.
    bomsbon - Yes, Loyal ako dun kahit may bago na mas mura.. Few steps away lang.. Mas marami gamit sa Transformers at tropa na lahat.. :)

Masala Maker - I started at 180lbs around March of this year, then I went down to 169lbs. I find it too skinny for me and my trousers keeps on falling already.. hahaha! Ayun, tinira ko ng protein powder and dagdag caloric intake sa solid food.. Balik 180 with more lean mass compare dati na 180 ako with excess fats.. hehe...
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Looking more solid now bro than your previous pics!
    Good Job.
    Salamat Bro! Let's pump and Pump more iron! :):sport:
    Update Update din pag may time..

viab.jpg

Eto na nga kinaka takot ko.. Bumalik ang "love handles" dahil sa pag tangka na magpa bulk.. hahaha! Alalay lang yata dapat sa Kanin, then dagdag cardio at abs workout.. pati abs ko natabunan na yata.. hahaha!