From Scrawny to Brawny

Comments

• riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    ^ Awwww.. So sweet! Another showcase of your amazing photo editing skills kiddo! I'm so flattered...

P.S.
    Let me know if you need help leaning down brah! :tongue:

http://pinoybodybuilding.com/Thread-From-Scrawny-to-Brawny?pid=96303#pid96303
    http://pinoybodybuilding.com/Thread-From-Scrawny-to-Brawny?pid=97241#pid97241
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Sure bro ill ask for your help if i want to waste and breakdown muscle ty for the offer! :)
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    nice progress. is that the aim of s2b? they will make you fat 1st, cause 1st step is bulking then they will burn the fat for the 2nd phase of s2b?

base sa pic, mas malake yung ulo mo sa lahat ng part ng katawan mo ngaun, and based din sa bulking before, parang walang lean mass na na gain,

still props for the leaning progress.
  • Chico EnzoChico Enzo Posts: 420
    Question lng po sir riddler, i noticed na halos magkasabay yung pag post mo ng photos after your S2B transformation sa S2B transformations sa bodybuilding.com "we mirin" edition ah. Anyways, GJ sa progress sir, keep us posted sa journey mo...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/we-mirin-vol-59-scrawny-to-brawny.html

dang those transformations!

what happened to you? sir @riddler what factors do you think hindered your progress?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    yung #2 model na talaga yan ng BB.com si kizzito ejam
    Ah talaga so parang marketing lang pala yan noh
    hindi ko lang sure. kasi hindi siya ganyan kalaki dati nung martial artist pa sya.
    Ah I see pero malupit din pala tong s2b eh hehe
    yun nga lang duda ako sa before pic nya kasi parang teenager pa sya nyan e 28 na ata sya ngayon. so kung sumali man sya maganda na katawan nya, size na lang idadagdag.
    Oo duda nga ko eh, pero dito kay sir riddler wala akong bahid ng duda talaga
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    waaahh!! lupet ng mga s2b transformation ah

we mirin talaga pag ganun ang result!
    iba naman siguro si intention ni riddler sa pagsali sa s2b kumpara dyan sa mga contestant na yan. since may malaking price money na involved, kahit amateur bber na di sikat pwede sumali dyan either para makilala or manalo. pero kung matuto about bodybuilding, wala naman siguro masama dun. parang sinasabi lang natin about supps, basta pasok sa budget GO! hehe :)
    Hahaha! Those are bodyspace member's on bodybuilding.com. They just called the list as Scrawny to Brawny, other than than it is totally different with what I have been doing. lol

http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/coaching-program
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    yun nga lang duda ako sa before pic nya kasi parang teenager pa sya nyan e 28 na ata sya ngayon. so kung sumali man sya maganda na katawan nya, size na lang idadagdag.

Hehe, so few years from now kuha lang ako ng HS pics ko then boom certified Scrawny to Brawny!
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    :banghead::sport::huhlol
    lol.............
    iHqgI5Y.jpg
  • rotrot78rotrot78 Posts: 1,147
    Tsk tsk wala na ako masabi sa journal mo dami nila, sir riddler good job!! Tuloy tuloy mo lang dami ka fans eh.. d talaga maiiwasan yan..
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Nice.. good job boss !
    Idiot-proof guide to finding real food at the supermarket. Just sharing it here.

gifnzPX.jpg
    Week 12 and counting... Still leaning out but in a less aggressive way than the first 10 weeks.
    DuFi7N1l.jpg

PEACE OUT!
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    ^sabihn ko sana parang mas bumukol abs mo un pala you're still cutting.

You still gonna stick with S2B?
    4 weeks left na lang mag-end na S2B. Medyo nakakalungkot, pero I guess it's time to move on. Too bad, they have closed their doors already after accepting the last batch of cohorts last November 2013. They are currently on hiatus at the moment. Given the chance though, I'll gladly sign up again! :)

After S2B, I'll probably go on maintenance mode for 2-3 months. No concrete plans as of now, but I might go on recomposition or lean bulk afterwards. :)
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    ^I see, on a separate note with an unsolicited suggestion, hire vinch!
  • DregPittDregPitt Posts: 987
    after your experience with s2b dont you think you can now proceed toward on your own. :D madami ka naman na sigurong natutunan sir. meal plans/training etc. :)
    monching11 wrote:
    ^I see, on a separate note with an unsolicited suggestion, hire vinch!

Actually, S2B will provide us a training plan for 6-8 months after the program officially ends. For now, I want to go on a cruise mode without a lot of accountability and a coach/mentor pushing me to my limits. I might consider that route though once I'm ready to take on another challenge. :)
    DregPitt wrote:
    after your experience with s2b dont you think you can now proceed toward on your own. :D madami ka naman na sigurong natutunan sir. meal plans/training etc. :)

@DregPitt
    That's a good question bro! Here's my answer. :)

Yes, I have learned a lot of things in S2B. Yes, I can proceed on my own. Yes, joining S2B wasn't even necessary. Everybody can actually surf the internet and find all the things that I learned in S2B. Right? So what's the fuzz then with S2B?

1. ACCOUNTABILITY - A coach/mentor/cohort looking at your commitment to the program and bitch slaps you whenever you stray out of your goal. It also keeps you accountable because of the premium you pay monthly. It's either you utilize the service they give in exchange for your payment or your money gone down the drain.

2. COACH/MENTORS - Everybody underestimates the value of a coach/mentor. I think it's a guy thing. Yes, I've been on that mindset too before. I thought I can google my way towards my goal. WRONG. There is a lot of information out there. Most of them are conflicting and worst might not even work for you. A well experienced coach/mentor will save you the guesswork.

3. JOURNEY - Doing one single goal with a huge cohort (around 200 guys) is FUN! It's the JOURNEY that counts, not the DESTINATION.

...and a whole lot more which I won't further elaborate. I'm a little bit short on time at the moment so I'll leave those 3 main reasons for now.

If you think that this game is only about meal plans, trainings, muscles mass, abs, strength etc, think again. There's a lot more to it that you what you can imagine. :)
    Body Weight
    56 kg

MORNING

Outdoor Brisk Walk
    24mins at 9:09/km pace
    http://runkeeper.com/user/orlyarcelao/activity/329802657

* Usual morning walk while listening to an audiobook.

AFTERNOON/EVENING

Dynamic Warm Up (10-20 mins)
    - Foam Rolling
    - Stretching
    - Mobility Drills

LOWER BODY 2
    1) Barbell Deadlift (2 sets of 6/4/2 reps - Wave Loading)
    - Warm-up: 40kg x 10 reps, 50kg x 8 reps, 60kg x 6 reps, 80kg x 2 reps, 90kg x 1 rep
    - Wave 1: 90kg x 6 reps, 100kg x 4 reps, 110kg x 2 reps
    - Wave 2: 100kg x 6 reps, 110kg x 4 reps, 115kg x 2 reps

* PR at 115kg! Last week, I pulled 110kg at 2 reps (which was another PR). I just really can't believe it. Strength has held up well even though I am now at very much lower body weight. Finally broke through the x2 BW barrier. Wooooootttt!!!

2) Cable Pull-Through(3 sets x 10 reps)
    - Work set: Slot#8 x 10 reps, Slot#9 x 12reps x 3 sets

* Underestimated the first set, added weight on the next sets. Extra set added.

3a) Single-Leg Standing Calf Raise (3 sets x 12 reps)
    - Work set: 35lb x 12 reps x 3 sets (per leg)

* Good weight. I think I'm ready to use 40lb next week.

3b) Hanging Leg Raise (3 sets x 12 reps)
    - Work set: BW x 15 reps x 2 sets, BW x 12 reps

* Grip gave out on the last set.

Inclined Treadmill Walk
    30 mins at 15% incline/4.2 km/h
    http://runkeeper.com/user/orlyarcelao/activity/330117861

* Usual boring post-workout walk. Killed time by listening to an audiobook.

This is 2nd week workout for S2B's Phase 11 training protocol. It's more about priming the CNS for the big compound lifts. Wave sets really works!

PEACE OUT!
    Body Weight
    56.5 kg

MORNING

Outdoor Brisk Walk
    25mins at 9:08/km pace
    http://runkeeper.com/user/orlyarcelao/activity/330989821

AFTERNOON/EVENING

Dynamic Warm Up (10-20 mins)
    - Foam Rolling
    - Stretching
    - Mobility Drills

UPPER BODY 1
    1) Scarecrow (2 sets x 10 reps)
    - Work set: 5lb x 11 reps x 2 sets

* Tight form. Felt it right on the rotator cuff muscles.

2a) T-Bar Row (2 sets of 6/4/2 reps - Wave Loading)
    - Wave 1: 25kg x 6 reps, 30kg x 4 reps, 35kg x 2 reps
    - Wave 2: 35kg x 6 reps, 40kg x 4 reps, 45kg x 2 reps

* I think I undershot the weight on this one. I felt like I could do more. Will try to increase weight next week.

2b) Slight Incline DB Bench Press (2 sets of 6/4/2 reps - Wave Loading)
    - Wave 1: 40lb x 6 reps, 45lb x 4 reps, 50lb x 2 reps
    - Wave 2: 50lb x 6 reps, 55lb x 4 reps, 60lb x 2 reps

* Had a good spotter but went conservative with the weight due to bad experience with this exercise. Will try 65lb DB's next week if ever I find a good spotter to help me out.

3a) Medium-Grip Supinated Cable Row (3 sets x 10 reps)
    - Work set: Slot#8 x 12 reps x 4 sets

* Good and challenging weight. Managed to exceed the target reps by 2 so I guess it's time to move on to heavier resistance. Extra set added.

3b) DB Pullover (3 sets x 10 reps)
    - Work set: 40lb x 12 reps x 4 sets

* Weight was a bit light. Going for 45-50lb next week. Extra set added.

Outdoor Brisk Walk
    32 mins at 9:01 km/h pace
    http://runkeeper.com/user/orlyarcelao/activity/331210744

* Treadmill is jam packed so I decided to just head to a local park and do the post-workout walk there. Enjoyed the change of environment. Did the walk while listening to an audiobook.

Felt very strong and energetic the whole workout! Must be the carbs that I have been adding slowly on my nutrition for the past two weeks.

I'm also officially ending the lean out phase today. Decided to just maintain what I have right now. Will be undergoing some kind of transition phase to avoid unusual fat gain after being on a caloric/energy deficit for 12 weeks.

PEACE OUT!
    nSRuQ1rl.jpg