With Dalton mamaw

x28irp.jpg2jeecg6.jpg

Anong current weight mo dyan sa pic?
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    158lbs..
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    158 lbs lean muscle! pumuputok gunz and shoulder brah! props!:bodybuilder:
    Ahaha di lean yan paps dami fats sa chest at gut area :)
  • pacoy1002pacoy1002 Posts: 538
    Sa mga pics mo since you started, I can tell you're on the right track....gaya ng alam nating lahat marathon 'to so there's no need to rush sa mga nababasa ko sa ibang member..ako oldie na nakikipag sapalaran parin hahaha...just continue what you're doing. Walang competition sating lahat dito, tulong tulong nalang tayo at talagang walang one size fits all....kahit iba iba ang diskarte basta isa lang patutunguhan natin yong mag improve.
    04-08-2014

Inclined DB Press dapat sana muna kaso occupied lahat ng adjustable bench so..

Bench Press
    45x20
    89x20
    111x17
    133x15
    155x10
    dropset to...
    122x8
    111x8
    89x8
    45x10

Incline DB Press
    50x15
    50x15
    60x5 - imba pump na hehe

Decline DB Press - di na ko nagincrease, nag focus ako sa stretch at contraction
    40x12,12,10

Dips - Machine
    110x20,20,20,20

Kung ano anong flyes.. db, machine,
    @160-162lbs mid April 2014

14wawle.jpg212ts15.jpghrznlj.jpg11ccqrc.jpg
    I just want to quote this very informative post by sir Big Dawg from another thread.
    Note to self.

:)
    Big Dawg wrote:
    you know that you do not need any so-called "labeled" program". All you have to do is remember two words to make continual progress - progressive resistance. That's it. If you continually try to get 1 more rep or use 5 more lbs than before, your gains will keep coming. However, don't get the illusion that I am speaking of powerlifting or progressive resistance as in low rep ranges of 3 or 5 reps. Sure it's good to pyrammid up to that heavy weight for low reps sometimes, but it shouldn't be the cornerstone of your workouts.

I see so many guys - namely on this board in particular - that follows or endorses programs like 5 x 5, 5/3/1, strength training, this, that, blah blah blah. Many guys following such programs don't make the gains they would like because they get caught up in doing so low amount of reps and think of strength only in terms of low reps. If one focuses only on getting stronger for sets of 3 or 5, compared to getting stronger on sets of 8-15, then they lose out because they are missing the best of the hypertrophy rep range.

Another "mistake" - as I would call it - would be that many following those programs focus mainly on getting stronger just on the big 3 exercises, yet on all their ancillary exercises, they half-ass it or don't push near hard enough on them - certainly not as hard as the big 3. Fact is, if a guy want's to grow, he needs to put 110% into all exercises. You don't just bust ass on benches, then when it comes to flyes or dips, half-ass it. The intensity should be there on everything one does if they want to see utmost gains.

*** Note: No offense to anybody using the above methods. If powerlifting is your gig, then hey happy powerlifting haha! However, I'm just saying to opitomize muscular gains, there is more to it. And let us not be close-minded and seperate muscle gains and strength - if a guy is getting stronger in the higher rep ranges compared to the conventional low-rep scheme, he is going to gain more muscle yes, but he IS getting stronger also. Not a simple black & white picture - huge gray area.

On the flipside of always doing too few reps and not focusing on the secondary exercises just as much is the guys who do so much volume that they must "pace themselves" during a workout in order to finish their routine. Fact is, quality and quantity are opposite of each other - one can't do both. I'd bet the house that if damn near 99.9% of anyone working out were to do just 3 time-tested, proven exercises for smaller bodyparts like chest, delts, tris and bi's, then 4 exercises for the larger bodyparts like back and legs, and did only 2-3 bust-ass, all-out worksets of each, they will grow muscle optimally - that's considering nutrition and rest are dialed in of course.

In short, I guess why I am even replying is I see you mentioned about looking for a new routine after your s2b. You are an intelligent guy, and I'm confident that if you apply the hard work you learned in your s2b to a more traditional style approach following some of the generic, no-magic info that I previously discussed yet which is so often overlooked, that you will be happy with the results. You don't need someone to "guide" you, or follow some labeled routine - which let's face it, many of those routines come a dime a dozen similar to supplement endorsers in which the creators usually have an ulterior motive, ie $$$. No need to go on "micro-cycles" utilizing sooo many different changes in ones routine every 2-4 weeks. The #1 most important change one can make in building muscle is simple - progressive resistance. You keep getting stronger, you will keep growing. Period.

, don't get the illusion that I am speaking of powerlifting or progressive resistance as in low rep ranges of 3 or 5 reps. Sure it's good to pyramid up to that heavy weight for low reps sometimes, but it shouldn't be the cornerstone of your workouts.

I see so many guys - namely on this board in particular - that follows or endorses programs like 5 x 5, 5/3/1, strength training, this, that, blah blah blah. Many guys following such programs don't make the gains they would like because they get caught up in doing so low amount of reps and think of strength only in terms of low reps. If one focuses only on getting stronger for sets of 3 or 5, compared to getting stronger on sets of 8-15, then they lose out because they are missing the best of the hypertrophy rep range.

tinamaan ako dito bro, haha! thanks for the VERY informative quote from sir Big Dawg . I normally do 5 - 8 reps / 5 - 6 sets on compound exercise like BP, Squat, OHP,
  • Chico EnzoChico Enzo Posts: 420
    Looking thick sir, good job\m/
    Thanks bro, looking forward to add more size.
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    laki n din ng improvement mo since last tayong magkita. ikaw si dalton at si lony mga soon to be monsters ng pbb. monsters inc.
    milksworth wrote:
    laki n din ng improvement mo since last tayong magkita. ikaw si dalton at si lony mga soon to be monsters ng pbb. monsters inc.

Thanks boss.
    Palaki pa ko para makasama ako sa monster inc na yan kasi yung dalawa talagang monster na at ikaw ang leader! Hehehe
    Back shot. No filter.
    Dat towel.

rc5549.jpg
  • dimzon03dimzon03 Posts: 1,552
    ^ Lapad na sir allen.
    TY bro
    anak nang.. ang pinapangarap kong V shape, props bro!
    Hahaha makukuha mo din pangarap mo bro baka mas higit pa.
    Ako layo pa laki pa love handles eh ahaha
    di na halata love handles bro, compared dati, laki talaga nang improvement, tsaka na ka t shirt ka naman lage, di naman makikita yan,mas mahahalata yung lapad at swole nang wankata mo, :bodybuilder:
  • MaloyMaloy Posts: 582
    Sarap ganyan kalapad, pag naglakad ikaw ang iiwasan sa daan unless may putok kasalubong.
    Kaso dapat naka flex ako para ganyan kalapad lol!

Ang gusto kong lapad kay milksworth para kahit naka relax solo ko yung lalakaran hahaha!
    two way road na yung covered kay milksworth :sport:
    Maloy wrote:
    Sarap ganyan kalapad, pag naglakad ikaw ang iiwasan sa daan unless may putok kasalubong.

i always feel awkward pag nag lalakad na madaming kasabay at kasalubong kahit medyo malapad na ang built natin ako pa din yung tumataglid at nag eexcuse sa ganung situation lol!

pero totoo naman allen malaki na improvement mo since then. lalo ka nang gaganahan nyan kasi di na hihinto ang improvements mo! keep it coming and keep on striving!
    ^ always knw you're a true gentleman cheers
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    " i always feel awkward pag nag lalakad na madaming kasabay at kasalubong kahit medyo malapad na ang built natin ako pa din yung tumataglid at nag eexcuse sa ganung situation lol! "

^^ eto oh! kalimitan kung sino pa ung mga big guys sila pa ung ganyan kesa dun sa ibang feelings lungs hahaha
    @milksworth - Hehe talagang humble ka pa din kahit malaki ka na. May mga kakilala naman ako ang payat payat pero laging nas front lat spread kung maglakad! Hahaha.

Thanks boss oo tuloy tuloy na talaga to! Forever bulk muna tapos pag may karapatan ng mag cut saka na magcucut hehe.
  • dskinnydudedskinnydude Posts: 176
    @allen101 invisible lat yung ibig mo sabihin? Haha naka 2 session pa lang pero flared out na agad yung elbows pag lakad
    @allen101 - siguro kung sing laki na ako ni kai green pwede na akong mag lakad ng ganun although kai greene is still as humble as he was (idol). lakas kasi ng tama sa utak dun sa iba na may Invsible Lat Syndrom eh lol!
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Lookin' good Allen! Keep up the good work dude! :sport:
    Thanks sir BD!