-CORE JOURNAL-

Comments

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    [align=center]-WEEK 8-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 312 [size=x-small](November 23, 2013)[/size]
    Evening. Sa may bakal gym sa Lingayen... Ram's Fitness Gym.
    End up working out here. Rushed workout. Decided to hit back tomorrow comprising of the missed deadlift exercise, and two missed exercise today; rows and calf raises, might also add the ab workout tomorrow after all...

Just like what was written on the 'Motivation' @ the 'My Stats' tab window: Setbacks...
    Angry. Disappointed. Made me push harder today and eager to hit every set as soon as possible each after every sets! AND GODDAMN 'was nearly hit by six-wheeler truck on way home, would've end up on hospital bed this very evening.

Low Bar Squats - 215lbsx5x3 x5, x6, x6, 120lbsx8x1 x10x1 [RESTS: 2min]
    Standing Overhead Press - 90lbsx5x3 x5, x6, x6, 25lbsx8x1 x10x1 [RESTS: 1min]
    Romanian Deadlift - 245lbsx5x3, 185lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3min]
    Pendlay Rows - 160lbsx5x3 [RESTS: 2min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 165lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min]
    [align=center]-WEEK 8-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 313 [size=x-small](November 24, 2013)[/size]
    So another dilemma was used as a cataclyst made up these lifts today. Which in turn made me banged on a working sets on deadlifts, and scored two PT warns for breaking one of their gym rule. Nevertheless, felt better afterwards![size=x-small](Not for breaking the rule part.)[/size]

Romanian Deadlift (Mixed Grip) - 245lbsx5x3, 185lbsx8x1 ((Overhand Grip)145lbsx12x1, (Mixed Grip) 200lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3-5min]
    Pendlay Rows - 160lbsx5x3, 90lbsx8x1 (100lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 2min] < MISSED. Forgo to write it down on my journal, hence missed performing the drop set.
    Seated Calf Raise - 165lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min]
    Incline Crunches (weighted) - BW+20lbsx10x2 [REST: 1min]
    Leg Lifts (weighted) - BW+5lbsx15x2 x15, x14 [REST: 2min]
    [align=center]-WEEK 9-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 315 [size=x-small](November 26, 2013)[/size]
    BW: 172lbs > 175.5lbs
    Evening. Sa may bakal gym sa Binmaley... Jearic Fitness Gym.
    I dropped by last REST DAY(Monday) afternoon for database purposes. Big guys liftin' around here, so I decided to try it out tomorrow. Besides, I won't be able to catch the last two hours of the gym @ Poblacion, Lingayen—Ram's Fitness Gym for I left the bus terminal at 5pm. Considering the traffic caused by the rain. Only less than couple hours left before closing upon arrival if I did make my mind to train there...

Under raging moderate-heavy rain/lightning storm, took the risk to get here, was hesistant to go here at first 'coz of its remote location. One will either have to walk for less than 15 minutes or take a few minute tricycle ride. The gym is located at Brgy. San Isidro Norte. Something like two-three barangays from home taking wheels on the nearest en-route local road, not through national highway. Did took the tricycle ride...

On dark moonless-rainy evenings, one will take a few blind muddy steps toward the gym. So it's imperative to have some source of light. Otherwise, take your steps in the middle of the track, puddles are on each side filled the trenches dug by tricycle wheels passing over time. Luckily, an old man with a flashlight was taking the same path going home, I suppose.

The gym has the same atmosphere as the one I visited back in Mangaldan, also in a remote area(near where rice fields and farms are tended). The typical back-alley gym. Posters/framed images of famous pro bodybuilders are posted on the wall. But no foam floors and insulation foam on the roof. So, expected not a lot of people will take the the lift during high noon and early afternoon. And I have no idea whether they will allow me to do deads here or not. Not my major pulling WO today, still I'm by far curious. Straps and belts(all in various forms; leather, velcro, canvass, etc...) hanging on the wall near the counter, handy for taking 1RMs.

Need to used the leather belt because low-back DOMS was still there. Spotting a bit lame on two big lifts. However, on chins, I stop whenever he starting to lift me up instead me doin' the effort. I train to failure, and by failure, that means I can no longer pull myself up on my full out effort! I find it hard to put some plates in pegs of some machines, specifically their Standing Calf Raise machine [size=x-small]('Was forced to do Standing Calf Raises, no Seated Calf Raise machine here)[/size]. One must take the right insertion. [size=x-small](Wasting time trying to figure out just loading some plates.)[/size]

More than two months since last checked on bodyweight @ ECG Muscleflex Gym. Current body weight fluctuates at around 170-180lbs.

Low Bar Squats - 245lbsx5x3(spot)(belt), 160lbsx8x1 (155lbsx12x1, 185lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 185lbsx5x3(spot), 120lbsx8x1 (125lbsx12x1, 145lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 2-3½min]
    Chin-ups (spot) - BWx16-23x4 x14, x12, x11, x14 [RESTS: 2-4min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 170lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min]
    Standing Calf Raise - (Se CRx2) 340lbsx8x2 (Se CRx1.5) 255lbsx8x2 [REST: 3min]
  • Core, musta na rin, Eto pa isang consistent lifter. 'am sure gains all over ka rin.
    pacs - heto, at may plan ng sumampa next year. Kelangan na po eh!
    Year 2, Day 317 [size=x-small](November 28, 2013)[/size]
    Again, ended up working out here. Better something, than nothing! Arrived @ 7pm. By that time, Ram's Fitness Gym is already closed. Was consumed getting myself updates since yesterday and observed two brilliant stuff today and yesterday.

Have you ever heard/seen of/a lat bounce? > SRC 2013 below 80kg finalist #5 [size=x-small](Source: MusclePinoy FBpage)[/size] < That's one creative posing and good mind-muscle connection, IMO.
    Have you ever thought of doing standing calf raises on seated row machine? Me neither

And to answer the curiosity of the other day:
    Core wrote:
    And I have no idea whether they will allow me to do deads here or not.
    ...Hell yeah!

Spent three hours working out today...

Low Bar Squats - 265lbsx5x3 255lbsx5x3(spot), 200lbsx8x1 (155lbsx12x1, 215lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3-4min] < DISTRACTED. Mistaken settin' up 5's on the bar as 10's York plates.
    Standing Overhead Press - 110lbsx5x3 x5(spot), x4(spot), x4(spot), 85lbsx8x1 (65lbsx10x1, 90lbsx6x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3min]
    Romanian Deadlift - (Mixed Grip) 255lbsx5x3(belt), (Overhand Grip) 190lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3min]

Conventional Deadlift(belt)(Mixed Grip) - 275lbsx1(125kg)
    MAX OUT
    Conventional Deadlift(belt)(Mixed Grip) - 300lbsx1(136kg), 330lbsx1 (150kg), 355lbsxF, 355lbsxF = 330lbs(150kg) [RESTS: 4-7min] < UNFINISHED BUSINESS. Already passed gym closing time. Didn't took the risk for a third attempt, not much carbs prior today and incompletely recovered lower right back DOMS. So closed to BWx2 PR...
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    nice link, galing pumosing pero I wished he would've hold the poses more longer heheh
  • kamukha ni Derek Ramsey hahaha.
    nice link sir Core ...
    monching11 wrote:
    nice link, galing pumosing pero I wished he would've hold the poses more longer heheh

Mahirap i-compress ang posing routine given limited ang time (max of two minutes, if I am not mistaken)...
    dafuq more longer amp. nice grammar from me hahaha.

@core

ah me timelimit pala lol
    Year 2, Day 319 [size=x-small](November 30, 2013)[/size]

[align=center]Left Leg Area
    28mmwyb.jpg
    Left knee and shin starting to heal up days after maxing out on deadlifts.

Left Knee Area
    2vmhobs.jpg
    After brushing up my leg with the bar.
    [/align]

Low Bar Squats - 225lbsx5x3, 125lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 95lbsx5, 110lbsx5, 130lbsx5, 155lbsx5, 185lbsx5 x4(spot) [1st-4th set RESTS: 2min][5th set REST: 5½min]
    30º Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 60'sx6x3 [RESTS: 2min]
    Pendlay Rows - 170lbsx5x3, 95lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 175lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min] < UNFINISHED BUSINESS. The usual, due to closing time.
    [align=center]-WEEK 10-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 322 [size=x-small](December 3, 2013)[/size]
    New proclaimed rules...
    "Do not dropped/bang the weights" & "Gym Closed at EXACTLY 9pm".
    I guess I'm the reason why these rules was established. But then I asked the manager and said it was for some family matters.

A bit hesitant to ask spotting here, besides am just a new guy here! (Though, I'm familiar with the faces/voices 'coz most of the them are also affiliated members of the Pangasinan Bodybuilding Association of Philippines) [size=x-small](I just don't know/forgot their names!)[/size] Did it on my own. For some reasons, was able to squat without a spot fairly easy...
    Standing Overhead Press. Did asked some spot on working set by this time. Though, wasn't satisfied with the sets. My effort on pressing movements are getting lame these days. And that's unacceptable!
    Recently noticed Seated Row Machine with built-it foot platform. Tried doin' the Standing Calf Raises I saw somebody performing here few days ago. Using a make-shift Pull-up belt attached to the pin. Due to the dragging force of the stack, the lock of the belt was painful in the navel area.

Low Bar Squats - 160lbsx12x1, 220lbsx8x1 warm-up [REST: 2min]
    MAX OUT
    Low Bar Squats - 275lbsx5x3 x5(spot), x5, x5, 205lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3min]

Standing Overhead Press - 70lbsx10x1, 75lbsx6x1 warm-up [REST: 3min]
    MAX OUT
    Standing Overhead Press - 115lbsx5x3(spot), 85lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 3-4min]
    Chin-ups - BWx17-24x4 x12, x8, x8, x8 [RESTS: 3min]
    Seated Calf Raise - 175lbsx8x2 [REST: 2min]
    Standing Calf Raise [MAX stack: 200lbs] - stackx10, x12, x12, x12 [RESTS: 2-3min]

Eating 4 boiled eggs alone along the road of San Isidro Norte heading towards Poblacion, Binmaley for jeepney ride back home.
    [align=center]-WEEK 10-[/align]
    Year 2, Day 324 [size=x-small](December 5, 2013)[/size]

Low Bar Squats - 235lbsx5x3, 175lbsx8x1 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 180lbsx5x3 x5(spot), x4(spot), x4(spot), 135lbsx8x1 (110lbsx12x1, 150lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 2-4min]

MAX OUT
    30º Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 70'sx6x3 x6(spot), x6, x6 [RESTS: 2-3min]
    Romanian Deadlift (Mixed Grip) - 265lbsx5x3, 200lbsx8x1 (215lbsx8x1 warm-up) [RESTS: 3min] < INCOMPLETE. Due to closing time and decision not to risk pulling DLs here...

Yatez...
    Yatez wrote:
    Brah pics naman na cucurious ako ehe
    Core wrote:
    I'll try to provide some progress photos or video two weeks in time...
    [align=center][/align]
    Some stills. Still on progress practicing poses and learning to fuckin' smile. Hahaha... [size=x-small](Forgive the face, holding on each pose is not easy, especially when I try to tense my calves, still cramping from the last Standing Calf Raise exercise...)[/size]
    [align=center]
    Front Double Biceps
    2ikp4sg.jpg
    Side Chest
    ravpkj.jpg
    Back Double Biceps
    o5uss7.jpg
    Back Lat Spread
    23lkxgg.jpg
    Side Tricep
    2dkcs5d.jpg
    Front Lat Spread
    15o8d3o.jpg
    Crab Most Muscular
    24ni3jt.jpg
    Side Chest
    npf39k.jpg
    [/align]
    At least, did the camera captured a bit smile on the last photo...
    DONE.
    Need opinions/critics...
    Critics on the posing ba or sa physique?

Madami bang variation ang most muscular?

GJ sa poses brah though di ko sure about sa back double bi's mo. hirap mag smile ng naka flex hahahaha
    monching11 wrote:
    Critics on the posing ba or sa physique?

Any.
    Especially sa physique. 'Was thinking I need more upper body mass.
    monching11 wrote:
    Madami bang variation ang most muscular?

Madami po.
    Crab Most Muscular yung common and everyone's favorite. There are also the auxilliary poses for Most Muscular Pose; Hands Clasped, Hand(s) on Hips, Hands behind Back...
    monching11 wrote:
    hirap mag smile ng naka flex hahahaha

Sobra! ^That cramps, tsk*...
    obviously you're holding a lot of BF kaya di ko masyado masabi though looking thick, pag bumaba na kasi yan lalabas lahat ng weakpoints mo. Ok naman lahat mirin quads din (wala kasi akong quads/hams haha).

@MM pose

oo nga nung nabanggit mo hands clasped ginagawa ko pala un hehehe

ung trainer sa gym pag di masyado madami ginagawa nagpapaturo din ako ng posing routines kaya ung sa back double bi's parang iba ung turo nya saken mas naka lean backward pa ung arms and parallel sa ground
    monching11 wrote:
    obviously you're holding a lot of BF kaya di ko masyado masabi though looking thick, pag bumaba na kasi yan lalabas lahat ng weakpoints mo. Ok naman lahat mirin quads din (wala kasi akong quads/hams haha).

Hayst! Phat and bloated me... O sadyang maputi lang ako.
    monching11 wrote:
    kaya ung sa back double bi's parang iba ung turo nya saken mas naka lean backward pa ung arms and parallel sa ground

Sorry. Tama ka pala doon sa parallel sa ground. But doon sa...
    monching11 wrote:
    "mas naka lean backward pa ung arms"

Not sure what you really mean with this one. Might as well provide a sample...
    I posted one before sa journal ko and that was with the guide nung bantay dun.
    monching11 wrote:
    20131028_184549_zpse920b4d5.jpg

Ito ba yun?
    Puyat pa ako sa kagabi...
    Kaya ang pagkakaintindi ko yung may kasama kang bantay.
    monching11 wrote:
    2013-11-11203437_zpsc0b7c000.jpg?t=1384173359
    monching11 wrote:
    "mas naka lean backward pa ung arms"

Correct me if I am wrong, parang naka-lean backward pa yung upper torso IMO o camera angle?
    Ang awkward naman ata pag ung camera angle ung ni leam backward brah puyat ka pa din ata LOL.

Of course ung arms and back medyo naka lean backward pa pero turo lang yan nung bantay na sumasali sa amateur compy so dont take my word for it at nagpapaturo lang ako hahaha
    Hahaha. Napa-isip tuloy ako, pati buong katawan mag-lelean sa pagcapture. Phone camera palang ang gamay ko eh. [size=x-small](Don't get me wrong, I don't do that, hahaha)[/size] Hindi ko tinuloy yung buhat ko ngayon dahil sa puyat, mahirap nang matrangkaso sa pagsara ng taon, at next week, exam naman.

Actually tama ka doon sa sinabi mo at tama din naman pagkaka-execute mo dito, sa footwork nalang...
    Tip ko lang sa'yo brah, kung magcocompete ka man. Dependent ang pagpo-pose hindi lang sa body make-up but also kung saan ka sasampa...

Itulog ko na, buhat ko pa buks.

*BTW, hope you get your x-mas tree back this yuletide season. Hehehe...
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Ayos, don't worry brah when you shed those BF to single makikita mo ang pinagkaiba mo now vs after.. Yun nga lang eh kung kelan mo trip mag bawas na or more pa!
    If flex din ang quads right? Well for now hobby hobby lang ung posing sumasagi pa lang sa isip ko ung pagsali kasi madali lang sumali ang problema kung may chansa manalo ung isasali hahaha.

Abs goal ko now brah wala na ko maidadagdag na detalye sa likod ko dahil at this point no gains ako panay lose heheh.

Sa template mo ngayon pang STR/PL ka sali ka ba ng PL meet?
    Jettie wrote:
    Ayos, don't worry brah when you shed those BF to single makikita mo ang pinagkaiba mo now vs after.. Yun nga lang eh kung kelan mo trip mag bawas na or more pa!

Being fat for me is no big deal. Actually, pinangarap ko pa nga 'to nung baguhan ako. Nacucurious kasi ako masyado simula bata pa kung anong feeling ng maging malaki at mataba, kung bakit sa habulan madali silang hingalin! Lagi kong tinatanong, sadyang mahirap ba talagang maging mataba? O tamad lang ba talaga sila kaya sila ganun kumilos?
    That would 3-6mos before October 2014, unless mapapasampa ako locally agad this May 2014(which I don't feel I could win out something sa comp at my condition right now)...
    monching11 wrote:
    If flex din ang quads right?
    monching11 wrote:
    Back double bi's pinag uusapan naten brah.....
    [size=x-small]^Bump[/size]

[size=x-small](Therefore...)[/size]
    It's flexing your hammies and calves! And to some extent, kapag tuyo talaga, glutes...
    monching11 wrote:
    Well for now hobby hobby lang ung posing sumasagi pa lang sa isip ko ung pagsali kasi madali lang sumali ang problema kung may chansa manalo ung isasali hahaha.

If your going to compete locally, how you execute and hit your poses can be your wild card. (But make sure, you are at least, kahit hindi ikaw yung pinakamalaki, yung tipong may laban ka!) Karamihan kapag local comps lang and lower divisions, halos walang in-depth na knowledge sa pag-pose kahit they are on the condition to win. Flex lang, yun lang. End up looking unprofessional or awkward. But on the flip side, most local comp judges aspire for mass and of course everyone's favorite... politics!
    monching11 wrote:
    Sa template mo ngayon pang STR/PL ka sali ka ba ng PL meet?

WARNING!
    WALL OF TEXTUAL RANT...
    First off, ayaw ng parents na araw-araw akong nagbubuhat(they find it obsessive), they also fall to the general population that find bodybuilding a taboo. At higit sa lahat, ayaw na ayaw nila akong nagbubuhat ng mabibigat [size=x-small](Yup, restricted iron game)[/size] Therefore hindi acceptable sa kanila ang both competitive/recreational bodybuilding at competitive powerlifing. Hanggang buhat lang para daw 'healthy'! [size=x-small](Ok.)[/size] Pero inexpect ko na mangyayari mga 'to, being said nagbabasa-basa na rin ako tungkol dito bago palang unang buhat-bakal. Ang mahihirap lang, kapag nagtanong o sinabi na... "Gaano kabigat ang binubuhat mo? [size=x-small](Lagi akong napapa-math dito at nagbibigay nang mas mababa sa talagang binubuhat ko)[/size] Baka nagbubuhat ka nanaman ng mabigat? Oras na may nangyari sa'yo, ewan ko lang! Kapag yang likod mo nabali, tignan mo si ganito-ganyan, ayun! [size=x-small]('Pag dumating ang hapon at hindi na mainit, magaayos si mader sa bakuran)[/size] Anak!, pakibuhat mo itong malaking bato/troso dooooooon! [size=x-small](Opo.)[/size] [size=x-small](Kapag nagngunguya ako ng nilagang itlog...)[/size] Puro ka protein, masisira yang liver mo! Oras na atakihan ka dyan! [size=x-small](Tapos, sa susunod na araw, paggising ko nalang ng umaga...)[/size] Anak kumuha ako doon sa stocks mo ha?! [size=x-small](Ok.)[/size]

At max, hanggang tatlong beses lang akong allowed magbuhat. Though I defy that sometimes. Ako lang naman talaga ang makakapagsabi kung magbubuhat ako o hindi. Hindi ako makakarating sa goal ko kung masyado akong magiging sunod-sunuran sa magulang ko. Desisyon ko 'yun. At sinabi lang nila yun dahil sa nag-aalala sila. Normal lang 'yun dahil anak nila ako at magulang ko sila! Handrama! Hay buhay!

How I wish yes. Kung may matuloy man next 2014.
    'Yan yung pasok sa sched at macro. Na-curious din ako sa two-week split nung nabanggit nila sir@DS, BD at vinch yun around the forum. At naghahanap din ako ng way/template that include Incline DB press exercise for my lagging chest...
  • dibindibin Posts: 2
    Hey my Most Popular Name is dibin , i am a student Electronics Seminar Topics studying student and i want to know

what is weight and height ratio ??????
    Ahh. Eh ganun talaga studyante ka pa kasi.pag nagka work ka na at bumukod ka you can do whatever the f you wanna do hehehe. Ngayon natural na sunod ka pa sa gusto nila kasi galing pa sa kanila lahat pag nag wo work ka na pede mo na gamitin ung leverage na "eh eto gusto ko! Pampatanggal ng stress sa -insert job blaming rant stress inducing shit hehe- dun lol.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    ^ Unga, itake advantage mo na lang din muna yung libreng bahay, libreng pagkain, libreng groceries.
    Kasi pag bumukod ka na, lahat pera mo na gagamitin mo haha
    ^hahahaha totoo din yan LOL. Pros and cons din talaga