The "Badass" Blueprint (IN THE TRENCHES)

Comments

• ^you can't outwork me brah! joke lang hahaha but you can try LOL

patience lang:)
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Ayawan na!

Magbabalik na lang ako sa pagiging couch potato!

Hahaha notsrs
  • pano pa kaya kung wala ung scoliosis mo ska iilan lang injuries? mas mamaw ka siguro sa kondisyon mo ngayon Sir Vinch.
    I'll try to be natural as I can nga rin .
    Tulad sa gym namin, ang myth nila ay " hindi ka lalaki kapag hindi nagturok " wtf hahaha
    ikaw ung batayan ko kung natty o hindi e. kapag ilang yrs pa lang sa bakal tapos anlaki na talaga, alam na.
    Pero wala naman sakin kung juiced or not, I just give twice or more respect dun sa natty.
  • November 17, 2013
    Duration 11:40-1:05pm

Stretching 10minutes

Legpress
    290 x 15
    340 x 15 x 2
    400 x 15 x 2

Squats superset w/ legpress
    230 x 10 / 300 x 15
    230 x 10 / 330 x 15 (2 sets)

Squats 180lbs + 50lbs hip belt
    10 reps x 4

Calf raises
    BW + 100lbs x 100

Corework 10minutes

BB curls 90lbs x 10-12 x 6
  • November 18, 2013
    Duration 8:15-10:20am

Walk 15 minutes

Stretching and abwork 20minutes

Supersets:
    Dips ang HS high row
    BW x 30 / 180lbs x 20
    BW x 30 / 200lbs x 20
    BW x 50 / 220lbs x 20
    BW x 50 / 240lbs x 15

HS incline press and Chest supported DB rows
    200 x 5 / 80lbs each x 12 (2 sets)
    180 x 12 / 80lbs each x 12
    180 x 15 / 80lbs each x 12

Pec deck Dropset
    130lbs, 120lbs, 100lbs (10 reps each)

HS shoulder press and Tbar row
    200lbs x 12 / 185lbs x 10
    200lbs x 10 / 200lbs x 10
    200lbs x 8 / 200lbs x 10

side / front / rear laterals
    rope / reverse grip pressdown

walk home 20 minutes
  • November 19, 2013
    Duration 9:45-10:20am

Circuit: 3 rounds
    Power clean to push press 100lbs x 10
    TRX jacknife x 20
    TRX pikes x 20
    Roman chair twist to failure

Hangclean 130lbs x 10 x 4
    Axe Murderers
    Hanging leg raises
    BB curls
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Dips - bdwt x [size=xx-large]50! [/size]Wow props sir Vinch!
  • Thanks Big D! i can't press heavy so i went for high reps :)
  • November 20, 2013
    Duration 10:30-11:35am

Stretching 10minutes

Deadlift
    220lbs x 100 (30,25,12,12,12,10)

Squats
    180lbs x 10
    200lbs x 10
    230lbs x 10
    Dropset
    260lbs x 5
    230lbs x 5
    210lbs x 10
    180lbs x 15

Calf raises
    BW+100lbs x 100 reps
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Di ka ba nahilo sa dl lol
  • hindi naman, mas madali sya kesa sa squats. kaso kelangan magpause paminsan minsan to switch grips at punas kamay kasi wala ako straps, wala din chalk tapos umaagos na pawis ko.
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    Lakas mo talaga bro! Well rounded talaga development mo. Speechless. :jd::jd: Amazing strength and endurance. Karamihan ng mga nakikita ko na malalaki dito sa disyerto, yes they are strong and big, but they severely lack the endurance or conditioning that you have. One dimensional lang ang approach sa training, unlike you na multidimensional. You are really leaving no stones unturned when in comes to training. Salute!
  • ^thanks riddler! I set my training standards high. I want to be good at alot of things. Dati sabi sakin ok katawan ko pero hindi ako kalakihan, so i added some size. When i got bigger, sabi sakin hindi ako malakas, so i worked on my strength. When i improved, sabi sakin hangang buhat lang ako, so I developed my endurance, speed, stamina and power output. Proving people that they are wrong is cool but it's not a solid motivation. Kaya ngayon I dont care about what people will say, I just do it for myself. So far, no one has said anything yet that's why I'm working on everything. :)
  • kulafu25kulafu25 Posts: 292
    November 20, 2013
    Duration 10:30-11:35am

Stretching 10minutes

Deadlift
    220lbs x 100 (30,25,12,12,12,10)

Squats
    180lbs x 10
    200lbs x 10
    230lbs x 10
    Dropset
    260lbs x 5
    230lbs x 5
    210lbs x 10
    180lbs x 15

Calf raises
    BW+100lbs x 100 reps

:banghead: parang ginawa mo lang walis tingting ang hawak mo sir sa DL mo, hanep sa lakas at endurance! Years and years and years of training...Props to you sir Vinch!
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    vinch, magbubuhat ka sa sabado? ano oras? sabay tayo, gusto ko mag shoulder sa araw na yun, wala lang hehe
  • ^sama ako kela monching at yatez sa GG sa sabado.
    Sama ka ba jettie? Text ko si ndglb para siya mag guguest sayo sagot ko na kasi si vinch at mon
  • November 21, 2013
    Duration 10:00-10:40am

Stretching 10 minutes

Circuit:
    leg tucks
    lying leg raises
    hanging leg raises
    cable crunch
    roman chair twists

Barbell curls
    OH tricep extension
    tricep & rope pressdown
  • Why Strength-Endurance Is Important

More often than not, when a trainee begins a strength training routine, he'll usually follow the tried and true idea of lifting heavy weights for low reps with a good deal of rest time (both between workouts and during the workout itself). Programs such as these are generally geared toward the trainee who wants to increase brute (limit) strength. The result of programs such as these is generally increased 1RMs (one rep maximums) in any given exercise(s).

This is all well and good - but there is a slight problem. Most trainees who train for strength aren't necessarily in need of strength. What they are in need of is strength-endurance. The problem with programs that focus on increasing your 1 Rep Max is: Should you need to be able to exert that strength for any time frame beyond what one rep might take, or have to make due with less rest than you're accustomed, then your strength won't hold up.

If you take a look at virtually any activity in which increased strength would be beneficial, you'll notice that for that increased strength to be beneficial, you'd have to be able to take advantage of that strength over an extended period of time. Let's take a look at a few sports first:

• Baseball - unless you think you're going to hit a home run on the first pitch every time up, or that you can take 4-5 minutes rest between pitches, you'd better be ready to swing not only hard, but often.

• Football - plays generally last 5-15 seconds with rest periods of approx. the same (or maybe a little longer). You need to exert as much strength as possible during the whole play, every play.

• Hockey - activity may last up to 30-60 seconds (or more) without stopping. You will more than likely be interspersing short, quick bursts with slower, less intense ones. You need to be able to "tap" that strength reserve at any time - and have full use of it.

• Boxing/Martial Arts - many of the same demands of Hockey (if not more so) are needed here. Depending on the style of match or fight, you may have to go multiple rounds of a few minutes or may just compete non-stop until there is a winner. You need to be able to utilize as much of your strength as possible at any time.

Apply these same ideas to anything you might do in daily life, be it the examples I gave before, or activities as simple as bringing in the groceries, re-arranging your living room, or carrying a heavy backpack. Unless you can complete your activity in around 10-20 seconds, you will be dependent on strength-endurance more than you will brute (limit) strength.

So Are We Talking About Cardio?

Now, you might be saying, "But it sounds to me like you're talking about cardio or conditioning training to me." To a large extent, you're right. But, the reason why is because good conditioning and good strength-endurance go hand-in-hand.Hell, I've seen plenty of lifters in my day who had good 1RMs, and could ride the stationary bike forever. But get them in a real world situation like some manual labor or some sort of "pick-up" game, and you find their strength quickly goes out the window.

Don't believe me? Check out what Dave Tate of Westside Barbell fame recently stated in an online article about powerlifters who you'd think would have little to no need for strength-endurance or conditioning: "If you think you can excel in any sport without a base level of conditioning you're out of your mind. The days of over-fat, bloated, can't breathe, can't sleep powerlifters are over!"

The reason for this lies in the trainee's style of training. The ever-popular S.A.I.D. (Specific Adaptations to Imposed Demands) principle tells us that our bodies will adapt to and prepare for the stresses placed specifically upon it. Or in other words, if you consistently train with low reps, heavy weights, with a lot of rest time, your body will adapt by being strong for one short burst, but will then require a decent rest period. As was discussed above, this isn't what is the most useful in athletics or everyday life! Strength-endurance, or the ability to be strong over an extended period of time, would be.

So Should We Use High Reps And Low Weight?

Tradition tells us that to train for endurance, we need to use sets of higher reps with lower weight.

WRONG!!!

If we are looking for increased strength endurance, then that means essentially that we want to be as strong as possible for as long as possible. So, instead of giving it your all for one quick burst and then crapping out, you want to be able to keep exerting yourself for extended periods of time. Now, do you think you can attain this strength-endurance by pumping out countless reps with a lighter weight? No way - that would be like telling a man who benches 400-pounds that he'll increase his strength endurance by doing countless pushups. An increase in endurance? Maybe. An increase in strength-endurance? Nope.

So How DO We Increase Strength-Endurance?

To increase strength-endurance, you need a program that accomplishes three things: uses heavy (near limit) weight, requires shortening rest periods and utilizes volume.

Heavy Weight
    This is pretty much a "no brainer." If you want to get strong, you're going to have to lift heavy. Cycling is good, and will be needed for proper muscular recovery, but you have to get to the point that you lift as heavy as possible.

Shortened Rest Periods
    The idea behind training to increase strength-endurance is that you want your body to be able to exert maximum strength when not fully recovered aerobically. You also want to train your body to recover faster. Or, in other words, when you are under maximum strain, you want to recover quicker from that strain. Also, you want to either sustain said strain longer or sustain it multiple times in quick succession.

Volume
    If you're not doing a fair amount of reps overall, you won't be increase any kind of endurance - strength or otherwise. It is doing a large volume of work (coupled with shortened rest periods) that will give you endurance. When that is coupled with heavy weights, then you have strength-endurance. Think of it like an equation:

Strength-Endurance = Heavy Weights + Short Rest + Volume

SOURCE: Matt Wiggins (bodybuilding.com)
    ^ Thanks for sharing bro. Very informative! :)

Hmmmm... Mukhang ito yung concept na pinapagawa sa amin with S2B training. They are really emphasizing how important to follow the prescribed rest periods for every exercise we do. Usually, pag major compound lifts, 2:00 - 2:30 mins max ang prescribed rest period, 15 - 45s naman sa mga antagonistic supersets. If you struggle to follow the prescribed rest period with a particular weight, it means you are not yet ready and lifting over your capacity, advise sa amin is to deload and use a weight where we can comply with the rest period and the reps needed. Once the weight gets light or easy, of course, progressive overload, add more resistance. I really think they want us to develop strength-endurance just like the article above. More like functional strength rather than brute force strength.
  • JESTy™JESTy™ Posts: 159
    good article master.
  • @riddler

The "you are not ready" part is very important. Common issue here is when your CNS can't keep pace with your strength/muscle gain. They are pushing you to increase your work capacity that's why they set specific rest periods for you to develop your strength & endurance bases and for your CNS to adapt with the demand. This might not sound too relevant with muscle building pero malaki ang role nyan in the long run. Kadalasan ng nakikita ko sa gym, they keep piling the plates but they do lesser work as the weeks/months go by. Then pag nagincrease ng poundage, extra minutes din dagdag sa pahinga which makes the CNS stagnant. Kaya parang you're gaining and losing at the same time. Although understood na, "heavier weight means less reps, more rest", ok lang yan paminsan minsan, pero hindi madalas. :)

@Jesty: sana makatulong sa pag set mo ng goal. make up your mind brah! :)
    @riddler

The "you are not ready" part is very important. Common issue here is when your CNS can't keep pace with your strength/muscle gain. They are pushing you to increase your work capacity that's why they set specific rest periods for you to develop your strength & endurance bases and for your CNS to adapt with the demand. This might not sound too relevant with muscle building pero malaki ang role nyan in the long run. Kadalasan ng nakikita ko sa gym, they keep piling the plates but they do lesser work as the weeks/months go by. Then pag nagincrease ng poundage, extra minutes din dagdag sa pahinga which makes the CNS stagnant. Kaya parang you're gaining and losing at the same time. Although understood na, "heavier weight means less reps, more rest", ok lang yan paminsan minsan, pero hindi madalas. :)

Work capacity is the keyword. Yan nga yung ini-emphasize nila. Thanks for explaining it further bro. Na-explain naman nila sa lessons yung concepts pero not as easy to digest like your explanation. Much appreciated bro!

I'm starting to appreciate more yung training programming na pinagagawa sa amin and how they implement strategic periodization from Phase 1 up to the current Phase 7. So far, Phase 5 was the toughest wherein they really ramped up the intensity. Dun talaga ako sobrang wasted every workout eh, especially when I did "The Bear Complex".

Right now, sa Phase 7, we are back to 4 days weight training with 2 days intervals. Ramped up na naman ang work capacity nito. Although 3 upper body, 1 lower body split lang ngayon. More focus on the upper body after 6 phases of brutal lower body training. I feel like I look like a T-REX now, parang bottom heavy na eh, mas well developed ang legs kesa sa upper. Hahahaha!
    ^pics ng legs!
    Yatez wrote:
    ^pics ng legs!

Check mo yung photo sa sidebar ng journal ko Yatez, last May yun. Imagine mo, mas malaki pa yung legs ko kesa dun ngayon. Dun pa lang bottom heavy na eh, mas lalo pa ngayon. T-Rex eh! Boo ya! Hahaha! Will try to post lower body photo tomorrow. lol
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Ganda ng article.....

Maganda talaga ang pagkakapasok mo dito sa pbb bro, hindi ko na siguro kailangan i-elaborate pa.

Thanks brah!
    tugsss
  • Upperbody training @ golds gym new manila w/ monching & yatez
    Duration 9am-12pm

9-10am waiting!!!! Late ang dalawa, patay!
    10am-12pm training sa wakas! Haha

Basketball game
    6pm-8pm
    Si Mon yung late siyempre di ako maka-alis ng bahay hanggang wala siya don sa cubao kase dadaanan ko pa sya ahahaha
  • Wag ka na magexplain! Kasalanan ko, maaga ako e. Kala ko kasi pag GG hindi filipino time haha excited masyado LOL