Noobie at 30

1235»

Comments

• monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    I ask people kung anong goal nila kasi asking the right questions most of the time gives the right answers. Correct diagnosis is half the cure.

Pag newbie I recommend 1 cycle ng 5x5 to get used to the big3 lifts, then transition to BB oriented programs KAPAG aesthetics ang goal.

Pag PL or STR usually I can't give any advice dahil di naman ako malakas and di ako nag research into it further. That's why I rarely post sa mga STR/PL oriented journals kasi unchartered waters din for me.

Well we all have different goals. We train for the purpose in which we think is the most beneficial for us.

I now train for aesthetics kasi humans are visual creatures, 99% of the time people will judge you on how you look. This varies on different levels, sa non-lifting na tao macho nako sa ibang mamaw na BB'er I look like a non-lifiting faggot, but I hope you get my point.

OP has stated before that he will initially train for STR then Aesthetics later. Pero ngayon dami na nyang gusto heheheh.

In the end be it PL or BB, it's all about making progress brah.

Shinare ko na tong vid na to sa journal ni samson. Hope you have the time to watch it 9mins lang naman.
  • Were on the same page naman insan pagdating sa first recommendations pagdating sa program for newbies w/c is to build foundations and learn the basics w/c is also very important kahit sa anong form of art. I also get the point of allen that there are a lot of trainees out there that proclaim to train for strength (or maybe just simply hypocrites :P) yet they worry way too much in either having or maintaining their 6packs wc/ in turn makes their training moot for strength.

I just simply wanted to clarify like i've said earlier that strength training will still yield results when it comes to physique the timeframes for results, the diet, the training are just different. Mahirap kasi baka mamis-represent ang strength training as a useless program when it comes to physique w/c is not entirely true.

Anyhow i hope the OP gets it this time on what to prioritize for now when it comes to his goals. :)
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Were on the same page naman insan pagdating sa first recommendations pagdating sa program for newbies w/c is to build foundations and learn the basics w/c is also very important kahit sa anong form of art. I also get the point of allen that there are a lot of trainees out there that proclaim to train for strength (or maybe just simply hypocrites :P) yet they worry way too much in either having or maintaining their 6packs wc/ in turn makes their training moot for strength.

I just simply wanted to clarify like i've said earlier that strength training will still yield results when it comes to physique the timeframes for results, the diet, the training are just different. Mahirap kasi baka mamis-represent ang strength training as a useless program when it comes to physique w/c is not entirely true.

Anyhow i hope the OP gets it this time on what to prioritize for now when it comes to his goals. :)

Insan I never dismissed STR/PL oriented programs or call them useless ah. It's just that the difference between the two should be explained.

I was in a situation where I was frustrated kasi, having STR gainz(in my own terms) but not much on physical gainz. Maybe di kasi ako hiyang as it varies from person to person. I'm just sharing what I think might help others as well. Making his/her goal very clear.

Sa susunod ko ngang bulk cycle, I am looking into 2 days STR and 3 days Hypertrophy na type of training, running 5 days a week na nabanggit ko ata sa journal ko o sa journal ni jesty. na meron pang isa na inaaral ko din na binigay ni sir mighty ung cube training though im studying it pa. Masaya din maging malakas eh hehehe.

Yun lang I hope it is clear with OP, kasi dami nyang ginagawa ngayon masyado pang maaga para pa kumplikahin lahat. Focus muna siya sa isa, daming target kasi.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    allen101 wrote:
    Opinyon ko lang to ah, sa tingen ko kaya madami nagsisimula sa STR training kahit ang goal nila ay to loose fat, aestethics, flexibility etc.. ay dahil madalas kapag nagbasa ka ng mga articles about sa strength training e yan ang promise
    "Build muscle and burn fat AT THE SAME TIME"
    "More strength = to more muscles"
    "The more lean mass you hold, the more fat you burn"

SL 5x5 for example.

Pero to gain strength you would need to eat big, lalaki ka pero kasabay pa din nun is fat gain.
    Tapos yung ibang mga mag STR training in denial na ang habol nila ay aestethics talaga, sasabihin nila ang habol nila ay STR and 2nd na lang ang physique.

Pero kapag hindi nila nakikitang gumaganda katawan nila sa STR training yung tipong "Build Muscle and burn fat at the same time" nagsisimula na sila mawala sa track nila.

Again opinyon ko lang yan.

Now as for training mainly for strength and secondary for physique I don't see anything wrong w/ that and I have never been in "denial"

- Of course walang mali jan. Kanya kanya tayo ng goal and I respect that as much as you do
    What I said was all based on my experience na shinare ko dahil baka yun din ang napagdadaanan ni TS or ng ibang newbies ngayon.

aanhin ko ang magandang katawan at nagpuputukang abs kung lampa pa din ako and hirap magfunction on a daily basis.

- Yes I agree. That's why we are all workingt out no matter our goal is, kahit naman for physique we are still trying to lift as heavy as we can and trying to make use of our training para din sa pang araw araw na buhay.

I just like to correct the thing (that i think the message that is being given out here though it maybe unintentional as well or I could be wrong entirely) that "strength training will not get you anywhere" when it comes to physique development w/c is not true.

- NO. The message is not that. I did not say and would NEVER say that "strength training will not get you anywhere". Ang sinasabi ko sa taas kaya madmaing newbies na nagstart sa STR kasi very promising lalo na yung "Build muscle and burn fat at the same time" Sinong newbie ang hindi maakit jan? Alam naman natin na kapag newbie madalas naguumpisa sa gusto madalian, gusto malakas agad, gusto maganda agad katawan. Ngayon after a while hindi pa din nila nakuha yung ganun, gumugulo isip nila. Napapaisip sila Magshishift into BB routine.
    Bakit ko sinabi yan? Kasi nga lahat ng sinabi ko sa taas based on my experience. I was once like that.
    Again I would NEVER say "strength training will not get you anywhere"
    :)

Now to the thread starter (sorry for hijacking your journal BTW) as everybody has pointed out don't complicate your training/diet and yourself too much, "one goal at a time" as you can't serve 2 masters at the same time. something has to be prioritized first before you start working on something else. :)

THIS. Isa ito sa mga kadalasang mali ng newbies (including me).

Hope you got my point papa DS
    :)
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Parang ang approach kasi ng bodybuilding eh sarcoplasmic hypertrophy which everyone knows na mas mabilis lumabas ang results ( aesthetics ) on the other end ang Myofibrillar hypertrophy eh matagal ang results at eto ang approach ng strength training pero both ends yields results to musculature naman. google ftw lol

However, isa lang ang common denominator natin bilang newbies... stick to our solid goal dancers! JOPAY!

yun lang. Kung ano ang napusuan mong goal, focus ka dun ika nga ni the rock
  • @allen no offense taken as I was not actually pertaining particularly to you I was as also just clarifying from a strength trainee point of view kaya nga isaid "i could be wrong entirely" w/ my assumption. nonetheless thanks din for clarifying baka isipin ng karamihan eh nagbabangayan na naman tayo on w/c is the best program. And don't worry I get where you are coming from on a BB standpoint as hindi naman din ako alien pagdating sa sa BB programming. :D@insan on a different note i have read part of the cube program and it is defnitely not a beginner program (well you are not a beginner so i don't think that's an issue) ang pinaka tricky lang dyan i guess is its works on percentages and prolly correct spacing of workouts every week. :)
  • Sarco or myo hypertrophy, not a major issue if you just want to improve strength :)