Noobie at 30

Comments

• riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    ndgllb wrote:
    PWO = 3 g BCAA + 1 scoop PM7 with 3 tbps of coconut milk. PM2 + 3 C rice

Question lang bro, coconut milk on PWO drink? In my opinion, that is counterproductive. Coconut milk is fat. It slows digestion (think glycemic index). For PWO drink, the faster the absorption rate, the better. Kaya nga highly recommended ang whey as PWO drink because of it's high digestion rate. The moment you mix fat with it, you are defeating the purpose.

Keep that in mind. Take it for what it's worth. Just a thought. :)
  • ^the faster the better but not counter productive. P,C or F or combo post WO is okay :)

pero eto:

"trained fasted at 10:30, drinking coffee with coconut oil 45 minutes before, and taking 5g of BCAA 30 minutes prior."

calories from coconut oil and not sure if you put sugar or equal sa coffee mo... not fasted IMO :)
  • Nice buti nagsama kayo ni Yatez at merong nag check sa ginagawa mo! Awesome!
  • ndgllbndgllb Posts: 104
    thanks sa concern riddler. you're right. i really messed up with my shake. I had it pre-mixed last night and i didn't plan to be a PWO drink, pamatid gutom ko lang dapat na iinumin ko sa hapon. I was in a hurry earlier so I grabbed it. The plan was to put dextrose in it. Ang problema ay nakalimutan ko yung dextrose powder sa bahay sa pagmamadali.hahaha Dahil walang carb ang PWO drink ko, I immediately went to Mang Inasal and ate as much rice as I could. Usually, one hour after PW0 drink/snack ako kumakain ng meal. I hope the 3 g. of BCAA did something, in the absence of carb in my PWO drink.hehehe

@master vinch. oo nga noh may calories pala yun. :banghead: no sugar pero i just tried putting 5 ml of coconut oil in my coffee. amoy latik.
  • wag ka maparanoid kung walang carb yung Post WO shake mo. easy brah :)
    sayang talaga yung fasting ko akala ko pa naman ay 7PM to 12 NN na at before training. hahaha

@masala, oo nga eh. medyo nakakagana mag-workout. kailangan ko talaga i-improve ang flexibility ko. naisip ko na mag-yoga.hahaha
    wag ka maparanoid kung walang carb yung Post WO shake mo. easy brah :)

thanks. lesson learned. diretso talaga ako sa mang inasal imbes na maghintay muna ng one hour.hahah naisip ko lang na sayang kasi yung sinasabi nilang "window". totoo ba yun or broscience?
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    tinetext nga ako ni richkidmanchild kanina anjan daw ung crush nya si robbie domingo kilig na kilig hahahaha.
    ^the faster the better but not counter productive. P,C or F or combo post WO is okay :)
    Agree. Medyo harsh nga yung nagamit kong counter productive na term. Should be "less than ideal". Hehehe!
    ndgllb wrote:
    thanks sa concern riddler. you're right. i really messed up with my shake. I had it pre-mixed last night and i didn't plan to be a PWO drink, pamatid gutom ko lang dapat na iinumin ko sa hapon. I was in a hurry earlier so I grabbed it. The plan was to put dextrose in it. Ang problema ay nakalimutan ko yung dextrose powder sa bahay sa pagmamadali.hahaha Dahil walang carb ang PWO drink ko, I immediately went to Mang Inasal and ate as much rice as I could. Usually, one hour after PW0 drink/snack ako kumakain ng meal. I hope the 3 g. of BCAA did something, in the absence of carb in my PWO drink.hehehe

No worries bro. Just keep it in mind next time. And just like vinch said, don't sweat out the small mistakes you do. Remember, we learn from our mistakes. :)
    monching11 wrote:
    tinetext nga ako ni richkidmanchild kanina anjan daw ung crush nya si robbie domingo kilig na kilig hahahaha.

akala ko naman yung maganda at sexy kanina, google ko tuloy.hahaha
  • broscience yung "anabolic window" but it will make sense on a case to case basis. like after a long fast, go ahead and eat. just dont get paranoid, carbs can wait hehehe and dont be too strict with fasting. 12-hour fast is enough, plus pogi points na lang if you can do another 4 hours or more.
    Correct me if I'm wrong boss vinch, but what I understand with that so called "anabolic window" isn't really anabolic at all. Right after an intense training, you body is in a catabolic state. Right? For me, drinking your PWO right after the training stops your body from going catabolic. The faster the digestion of your PWO, the sooner the catabolic process is stopped.
    sobrang complicated talaga. pero it really boils down with macros na lang at daily protein and fat needs. eat based on what you need and your goal.
    I was on the same situation as you nung nagsisimula pa ako bro. My advice, wag mo gaano problemahin yung small details.

In my opinion, these are the important things you need to focus on to maximize your so-called newbie gains:

1. NUTRITION - I can't emphasize this enough. As much as possible eat whole foods and minimize processed foods.
    2. TRAINING - Train hard and smart.
    3. RECOVERY - Sleep like a baby.

Yung complicated parts, it will naturally come later on. For now, focus on those 3 important aspects and you'll be good to go. One small step at a time.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    kaya hinahabol ko lang yung post workout after the training eh masarap talaga kumain pag sunog na sunog talaga. Parang andun ang access ko to eat big foods after workout hehe macho!
    ^+1

Basta ako pagpatapos na ung buhat ko dun ako nakakaramdam ng matinding gutom feeling ko kahit anong kainin ko sunog agad pagdating sa tiyan parang pugon.

@ndgllb

for me OK lang ginawa mo na Post workout meal, not really something to make a big deal out of this stage sa pagbubuhat mo.
  • kaya case to case basis kasi it will depend on what is "IN" your system already prior taking your post WO shake. example:

1. you ate 1 scoop whey, 1 bowl of oats and 1 banana 1 hour before WO, then 30 minutes pre WO you took 5g BCAA's + pre WO supps w/ trace sugars or sugar loaded enrgy drink.

2. Training duration: 1 hour + 20 mins cardio

3. Post WO shake???? - sa scenario na ito the pre WO meal and pre WO supps cancels out the immediate need for a PWO shake since all these good stuff are still in seeping in your blood streams. you think 2 hours 20 minutes is enough for all these to go down your gut? So i dont think we will fall into catabolism right after the training. not to mention the other meals you took earlier in the day assuming hapon or gabi ka nagWO.

yung kakain mo regardless kung right after WO or 7hrs after WO is your post WO meal :)

shempre for IF, again that's why BCAA's are recommended throughout the fast kasi may feeding window na sinusunod. BCAA will help compbat catabolism, promote protein synthesis etc. to make it simple takot din pala sa catabolism bakit nagfast pa :)
  • Pwede bang i-promote si sir Vinch as nutritionist dito sa forum? hehe
  • nagoogle ko lang yan jeff!
    so talagang inevitable ang catabolism kapag nag-fast kahit na may bcca before and after workout plus pwo drink of protein + carb? safe ba na minimized ang catabolism?

ok lang lost ng muscle basta huwag lang sobra. I am eating at my maintenance of 2800 cal, although not strict. I thought of fasting to maximize fat burning while on recomp. (Reasons for fat burning: 23% BF, 26 BMI and 38" waist line). ako ang perfect example ng skinny fat. hehehe

hay, hindi lang hip flexibility and mobility ang problema ko. pero i really appreciate any kind of feedback. i know i need to improve (gains in bb lingo), and i am just scratching the surface in knowing what to improve and how.
  • your problem is not a problem. you're just trying to accomplish too many things:

burn fat
    build strength
    improve flexibility
    recomp
    eat @ maintenance???
    fasting
    too complicated at this stage...

Easy brah :)

Dont be a victim...
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    ^imo basic lifts pag naeexecute mo na ng tama and tinatamaan na yung intended muscle group pwede ka na mag salit salit ng gamit ng machines and free weights kung papalit ka na sa bb program.

ako whey saka butterfinger post wo ko kanina lol
    your problem is not a problem. you're just trying to accomplish too many things:

burn fat
    build strength
    improve flexibility
    recomp
    eat @ maintenance???
    fasting
    too complicated at this stage...

Easy brah :)

Dont be a victim...

+100000

or else, another one bites the dust!

@nick

wag mo muna intindihin kahit skinny fat ka pa, eat big train hard! Mas maiintindihan ko pa kung sa obese ka galing dahil natural na reaction eh ayaw magpalaki dahil sa fear na maging "BIG" uli.

Mas magandang isang goal muna. Sabi mo before mag STR training ka then transition into BB/aesthetics, pero you sound like you're focusing too much on too many things at the same time.

Isang goal muna brah saka IMO wag ka muna mag IF (it's complicated!) hehehehe.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Opinyon ko lang to ah, sa tingen ko kaya madami nagsisimula sa STR training kahit ang goal nila ay to loose fat, aestethics, flexibility etc.. ay dahil madalas kapag nagbasa ka ng mga articles about sa strength training e yan ang promise
    "Build muscle and burn fat AT THE SAME TIME"
    "More strength = to more muscles"
    "The more lean mass you hold, the more fat you burn"

SL 5x5 for example.

Pero to gain strength you would need to eat big, lalaki ka pero kasabay pa din nun is fat gain.
    Tapos yung ibang mga mag STR training in denial na ang habol nila ay aestethics talaga, sasabihin nila ang habol nila ay STR and 2nd na lang ang physique.

Pero kapag hindi nila nakikitang gumaganda katawan nila sa STR training yung tipong "Build Muscle and burn fat at the same time" nagsisimula na sila mawala sa track nila.

Again opinyon ko lang yan.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Ay share ko lang brah kargado yung PL na nag DDL don ng 12 plates kanina hehe medjo malabo yong ganong strength tas ganon bfat amp
    allen101 wrote:
    Opinyon ko lang to ah, sa tingen ko kaya madami nagsisimula sa STR training kahit ang goal nila ay to loose fat, aestethics, flexibility etc.. ay dahil madalas kapag nagbasa ka ng mga articles about sa strength training e yan ang promise

SL 5x5 for example.

Pero to gain strength you would need to eat big, lalaki ka pero kasabay pa din nun is fat gain.
    Tapos yung ibang mga mag STR training in denial na ang habol nila ay aestethics talaga, sasabihin nila ang habol nila ay STR and 2nd na lang ang physique.

Pero kapag hindi nila nakikitang gumaganda katawan nila sa STR training yung tipong "Build Muscle and burn fat at the same time" nagsisimula na sila mawala sa track nila.

+1
    ganito din opinion ko ngayon brah, that's why I said I was confused before.

But people change, so in time baka nag change na din goals nila. Maganda din talaga ma discuss ang difference between the two. Not saying na hindi posibleng makuha parehas but focusing on one goal at a time may yield better results.

shempre for IF, again that's why BCAA's are recommended throughout the fast kasi may feeding window na sinusunod. BCAA will help compbat catabolism, promote protein synthesis etc. to make it simple takot din pala sa catabolism bakit nagfast pa :)

Quality lahat nung kasama ng post na to, pero napatawa talaga ako dito, hahaha oo nga no
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Attention wall of text.. my sasabihin lang ako honestly..

Ako hindi ako takot dyan sa catabolic na yan kahit nag fafast ako? Even on training without BCAA on fasted state?

Why? Who cares, I love the cortisol excreting during the workout kahit walang explanation pero na fefeel ko naman during those times, breaking the PRs! As long as I eat after my workout with my biggest meal, big carbs big protein in one good sitting.. eh sa pananaw ko eh masarap kumain ng madami after a good workout dahil sagad na sagad ako eh

Maybe I'm a newbie and I bit the dust on IF hype industry, but I'm doing that for the sake of my lifestyle, I can't eat 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13 meals per day.

To make it short, normal food eating window ako ng average Joe ng 12pm at 8pm. I just love eating big during those times. Dun ako nasanay at dun ako kumprotable at dun ko na adhere ang pagiging consistency ko.

I started SL5x5 due to hindi pa ko nag pBB pero bago ko sinimulan I did my own basa basa, kahit isa lang nabasa ko at na google ko, tinry ko naman for 12 weeks ( 15 weeks to be exact ) okay naman with the recomp but never trained fasted due to my work sched.

One thing I learned about the IF LG is the basic adhering our nutrition at keeping it simple.

Kain ng protina at bodyweight at most, carbs cycling , different fat grams on different day. Adjustments needed.. It may sound too technical pero nakasanayan ko na, sa una muntanga ako nagbibilang pero sa unang bwan lang yun the rest guestimate at I am still learning.

Eh sa nagplataue na ko sa SL5x5, I can't milk any gainz on it. Ma stuck na ko forever sa lifts ko, so I've decided to do RPT since nag decide din ako mag cut to lean out kahit ano pa maging itsura ko ( well umabot sa point na same scenario tayo )

So far, umangat pa rin yung stats ko, well the newbie gainz still kicks in.. Pero kahit newbie gainz pa sakin yan, atleast na kuha ko yung benefits.. Pag umabot na ko sa point na wala na ko makana sa newbie gainz na yan, atleast marunong na ko in terms of training, nutrition, adjustment at pinaka mahalaga para sakin yung talent ko sa paglamon.

I ain't defending IF / LG, but I am thankful for that knowledge dahil natuto ako ng basics dyan.

My 2 cents.

Kahit magmukha ako buto ngayon, kasalanan ko rin naman yun pero I ain't taking it fast on my cut.. kahit magstall for a week ang fat loss who cares, I won't give a damn thing about it. Tuloy lang ang buhay bakal.
    monching11 wrote:
    allen101 wrote:

SL 5x5 for example.

+1
    ganito din opinion ko ngayon brah, that's why I said I was confused before.

But people change, so in time baka nag change na din goals nila. Maganda din talaga ma discuss ang difference between the two. Not saying na hindi posibleng makuha parehas but focusing on one goal at a time may yield better results.

Yep at isa ako dun hehe.
    Isa din ako sa mga nagsimula sa STR if you would look at the first part of my journal.
    Everything I said was based on my exp and sa conversation natin sa slimmers na pareho pala tayo nagsimula sa ganung set up.

@TS - Normal lang yan na nasa ganyang stage ka ngayon, most of us here malamang napagdaanan din yan.

:)
  • allen101 wrote:

SL 5x5 for example.

Kadalasan kasi dyan nagkakaroon kasi ng misrepresentation (or at the very least lack of "setting the right expectations") dun sa mga strength programs. Madalas ang guaranteed doon ay "fast progress" lalo na sa mga newbies because of the newbie gains lalo na sa strength. 2nd problem, since naging mabilis ang progress ni newbie sa strength obviously he will expect at some point na physique nya ay magiging mabilis din ang progress especially if his goal is to get bigger not only stronger (this also applies if you started as fat by the way). As most of us already know, isa sa pinaka kalaban natin dito is yung "patience" natin for results kaya majority ng mga nagtetrain ngaun is if they don't see apparent results after a few weeks/months is they give up or simply just jump from one program to another they don't give it enough time for the program to do it's work pagdating sa progress nila in both physique, strength, functionality, endurance, mobility,etc... you name it. Simply put walang pasensya at hindi naiset sa sarili nila mismo on what to expect after a certain period of training.

Now as for training mainly for strength and secondary for physique I don't see anything wrong w/ that and I have never been in "denial" nor have regretted any of it by far during the past years I have been training. Actually when i started my goal was the opposite, physique only not much focus on strength though overtime it changed because i've found gaining strength and functionality mainly would serve me better that just training for physique alone. aanhin ko ang magandang katawan at nagpuputukang abs kung lampa pa din ako and hirap magfunction on a daily basis.

Now I'm not dissing BB programs or anybody who is using them, Or anyone who is mainly training for physique in order to get bigger. I have all respect to almost everyone here who has worked their ass off regardless of training program, diet, etc... It's a choice you guys have made in order to get closer to your goals and you are the only one exactly who can figure what works for you and what will not in the long run. I just like to correct the thing (that i think the message that is being given out here though it maybe unintentional as well or I could be wrong entirely) that "strength training will not get you anywhere" when it comes to physique development w/c is not true.

As I always suggest when a newbie asks me what program to use i always suggest a strength training kind of program WHY? In order to establish their base strength first coz it will definitely benefit you should you ever shift to a BB-oriented kind of programming. Also strength training mainly teaches you the basic compound lifts w/c very important as the basic movements will serve as the foundations of your training even on a BB oriented kind of training. Also Strength training is much more linear when it comes to progression.

Now to the thread starter (sorry for hijacking your journal BTW) as everybody has pointed out don't complicate your training/diet and yourself too much, "one goal at a time" as you can't serve 2 masters at the same time. something has to be prioritized first before you start working on something else. :)
  • Mejo nakainom ako at the moment so excuse any slip ups and also the wall of text.
    Read and re-read and re-re-re-read all the walls of text. Pretty much napasok ko sa utak ko kahit kunti and it will be very helpful tool for me in the future when the newbie gains has finally stopped. Hopefully after 2 years of intense linear progression training. *fingers crossed newbie gains rule!*

Sa opinyon ko lang. OP has the science at the moment pretty down for his level( if we are to follow the untrained,novice,intermediate, advance, elite ranking of progress) and the legit knowledge he has gathered and will/are accumulating from the masters/boss vinch etc will be very helpful as he progresses towards accomplishing his goals, setting new harder goals and being more advanced at all things weightlifting.

Sa opinyon ko lang ulit. OP you are being very anal and neurotic about everything. If you were to backread my journal ito rin sinabi sakin ni boss vinch et al.
    You are overthinking too much. Kahit ano gawin mo at this point even at that age e mag proprogress ka if you lift heavy and ate right. No anabolic window, no catabolic state. Kahit ano gawin mo before after workout would only if at best have a marginal effect at this stage.

I've been reading a lot of Starting Strength journals ng mga peeps. New trainees: Nag undergo sila ng body recomp even at drinking a gallon of milk everyday and eating at maintenance > above maintenance. Mostly lost waist inches and increase on lean muscle mass.

Very true yung sinabi nila boss DSDivide about new trainees jumping on from program to program being very impatient about progress when the only thing they need to do is be consistent with their routines.
    Victima rin ako nito from strong lifts 5x5, to 5/3/1/ to smolov, to my own bull crossfit/olympic lifting program pabago bago ako.
    Hindi pa natin kelangan mag overthink kasi kahit anong gawin natin we will grow at this point. I still wholeheartedly believe na 5x5 strength training for untrained novices can put on a decent amount of musculature at hindi ito for strength only.

Kelangan mo rin i set yung goals mo that would not counteract each other. Cannot gain that much muscle on a caloric deficit, canoot work to be lean that much and gaining much more strength at the same time etc.
    I'm out! haha nawala na yung point that I was trying to make lol.
    zzz