Why you must eat "complete" proteins every three hours

Foods that contain a balanced combination of all the essential and nonessential amino acids in the exact amounts required by the body for growth are called "complete proteins." In order for the body to synthesize muscle, all the essential amino acids must be available simultaneously. Any non-essential amino acids that are in short supply can be produced by the liver, but if an essential amino acid is missing, the body must break down its own proteins to obtain it. To prevent muscle cell breakdown, dietary protein must supply all the essential amino acids. If your diet is missing any essential amino acids, protein synthesis will be inhibited.

Carbohydrates have a storage depot in the body called glycogen. Glycogen can be stored in the muscles and liver and then drawn upon hours or even days later when it’s needed. Proteins can’t be stored in the body. There’s only a very small and transient amino acid pool in the bloodstream. To maintain the optimal environment for muscle growth (positive nitrogen balance), complete proteins must be eaten with every meal. This explains part of the rationale behind the common bodybuilding practice of eating six protein-containing meals per day (One every three hours or so.)

Source: Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto (page 177)
===== =====

Sources of complete proteins

Chicken breast
Turkey breast
Fish
Shellfish
Eggs
Lean red meats (Top round, lean sirloin, flank)
Nonfat or low fat dairy products
Milk, egg, or whey-based protein powders.

Comments

• SkkinSkkin Posts: 870
    nrg500 wrote:

Sources of complete proteins

Chicken breast
    Turkey breast
    Fish
    Shellfish
    Eggs
    Lean red meats (Top round, lean sirloin, flank)
    Nonfat or low fat dairy products
    Milk, egg, or whey-based protein powders.

salamat sa info brader
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    I use to follow this type of eating plan but thru constant reading and research I found out that meal frequency is irrelevant. it all boils down to hitting your daily calorie intake with the right macro breakdown.

Made my life way easier and eating more enjoyable.
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    I use to follow this type of eating plan but thru constant reading and research I found out that meal frequency is irrelevant. it all boils down to hitting your daily calorie intake with the right macro breakdown.

Made my life way easier and eating more enjoyable.

Ditto.

Doesn't matter if you eat 3 meals, or 7. As long as you reach your totals at the end of the day.

I always visualize the "Pie". Kahit i-slice mo yan ng 4 or 8, at the end of the day, yung buong pie parin yung makakain mo..
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    ^High fvckin five!
  • nyahahaha! ako mahilig ako kumain eh, hahaha!420459_380656288615830_100000143869759_1752320_2086281538_n.jpg

ditto masarap kumain haha!
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    sorop!
  • lastresortlastresort Posts: 1,116
    ADDICT talaga si dalton WAHAHAHAH!!

anyway +1 to sir mighty kasi ako hindi ko rin pansin ung protein intake ko every 3 hours eh, as long as naaabot ko ung protein allowance ko per day ok naman ako.. lately nga pati ung post workout shake ko wala na sa oras pero ung morning loads ko ng protein eh halos 80 gms ng protein then 50 gms ung lunch.. sa gabi after workout minsan wala nako load ng protein pero I think Im still fine
  • JozefJozef Posts: 4
    It is better for us to eat our food and meals in 4 or 5 parts and we should take some gaps when we eat. we should not eat too much at the same time though if we are very hungry. we should take the small quantity of food to eat and if you are still hungry you should eat again but gap of 3 or 4 hours must be there so your digestive system works more accurately and properly.
  • stonecoldstonecold Posts: 4
    Hi guys you are right jozef it is better for everyone to gain food 4 or 5 times even 6 or 7 times per day but you should never eat anything when your belly is full you should take food when you may feel much anger in that time you will be make advantage for that food otherwise you will get fat .