Different Forms of Creatine

Various Forms of Creatine
Is there a difference between the various forms of creatine?

Of course! Every type of creatine is different in composition, solubility, and effectiveness. Some creatines are more soluble than others, which, in turn, increases their effectiveness. Other creatines have chemicals attached which increase their absorption and uptake into the muscle, which eliminates the need for a loading phase. But basically, all creatines do the same thing:

Volumizing muscle (increasing mass).
Improving strength.
Increases energy (ATP levels) for activities that require short bouts of quick energy such as lifting, sprinting, and HIIT cardio.
Here are the different types, their advantages and disadvantages, and which type I prefer (My choices are based on what I have learned from fellow bodybuilders and from reviews I have read, as well as price. I have not tried all of them.):

Creatine Monohydrate:
Creatine Monohydrate is the normal, original creatine that people have been using for decades. It is still the most wide sold creatine product out of all the rest. Purity is important when searching for a creatine product, because, the purer, the more effective! SKW creatine (made in Germany) is the purest creatine around (99.8%). Companies that use it will have to say CreapureTM.

Pros:
-Almost all studies conducted concerning creatine used creatine
-monohydrate, and reached to amazing results and conclusions.
-Most effective type of creatine yet.Cheap.

Cons:
-Not very soluble in water.
-Low surface area, which decreases uptake of creatine into the muscle, causing only about 1% to be absorbed into the body.
-May contain impurities if not bought from a reputable company.
-Reports of diarrhea and stomach discomfort because insoluble creatine sits in the stomach attracting water.
-Causes water bloating in some people, which is an extra layer of water under the skin.
-Some people do not respond to this type of creatine (non-responders).
-Unstable in water and should be taken immediately after dissolving it.
-Does not require a loading phase.

Micronized Creatine:
Micronized Creatine is essentially creatine monohydrate, except it has been micronized, which means the molecules of creatine have been divided or cut up. This increases their surface area 20 times, increasing absorption and reducing stomach discomfort.

Pros:
-Essentially the same as monohydrate but with a larger surface area and smaller molecules, so the same amazing effects of monohydrate.
-Greatly reduces unwanted monohydrate side effects such as bloating and stomach discomfort.
-More effective than monohydrate, and most monohydrate non-responders should respond to this.
-Purer than monohydrate because it goes through more processes.

Cons:
-Slightly more expensive than monohydrate
-Requires a loading phase

Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE):
CEE is a creatine molecule with an ester attached. Normal creatine molecules are zwitterions, or molecules with one positive end and one negative end. This causes less absorption into the body.

However, the ester counteracts the charges and allows for almost 99% absorption into the body! This removes the need for a loading phase, and is THE MOST absorbent creatine by far yet!

Pros:
-More effective because of increased absorption.
-All users will respond to this.
-Does not cause any of the side effects of monohydrate such as bloating or stomach discomfort.
-No loading phase or a 1 day loading phase.

Cons:
-Foul taste in powder form, some users reported it tasted like battery acid! There are capsule forms, however, that eliminate this.
-Expensive compared to monohydrate and micronized.

see more :
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek67.htm

Comments