Road to somewhere

Weight:70kgs
Height 5'7.5"

been working out for straight 2 months now, i previously lift approx 2 years ago.
Bench press: 170lbs
Deadlift: 150lbs
Squat:180lbs
Row:140

Workout schedule:
Day 1 - Chest/Biceps/abs
Day 2 - Back/Triceps/abs
Day 3 - shoulders/ Cardio or abs
Day 4 - legs/legs/legs

P.S. i only do rest days when i feel like my body couldn't handle working out.

I'm taking promatrix7 alternate with nutrabio classic whey.
4 scoops per day for lifting days and 2 scoops for non lifting days
i'm also taking jack3d for pre workout but i stopped halfway because i'm working out after working hours
so sometimes when i take 2 scoops i cannot sleep as early as possible.

Problem: after 1 and a half month of lifting i noticed that i'm not gaining any lean muscles anymore. specially when i stopped taking my pre workout.

any suggestion for gaining more lean muscles and pls tulungan nyoko.

Comments

• SteelHeadSteelHead Posts: 55

To say that you're not gaining lean muscle is a bit unclear. Are you saying that you're not gaining weight in general? 4 scoops of whey? That's around 90-110 grams of protein, and you're getting most of them from whey protein drinks. It looks to me that your diet is off.

Post your daily diet here and be accurate with the measurements.

• @SteelHead said:
    To say that you're not gaining lean muscle is a bit unclear. Are you saying that you're not gaining weight in general? 4 scoops of whey? That's around 90-110 grams of protein, and you're getting most of them from whey protein drinks. It looks to me that your diet is off.

Post your daily diet here and be accurate with the measurements.

in those 1 and a half month i gained 3kgs, i think it's a mix of muscle mass and water weight. (previously i'm not drinking enough water daily, not i drink 2-3 liters a day). what i mean on "not gaining lean muscles" is aesthetically.

Here's what i'm eating everyday.(almost)
    For lifting days.
    breakfast - 2 eggs, 1 rice, 2 scoops of protein powder
    Lunch - either chicken or fish + rice (sa cafeteria lang)
    Dinner - 2 scoops of protein powder.

For non lifting days, almost the same but only a scoop of protein powder for breakfast and dinner.

• *now i drink 2-3 liters

edited April 2017

@ivandeasis said:
    *now i drink 2-3 liters

2 servings of whey = around 270-300 calories

2 eggs = 135-150 calories
    1 cup of rice = 205 calories

chicken = If it's from the canteen, I doubt you're getting 200 grams of chicken breast, so this is just my estimate of your calories for chicken, around 250 calories, depends on the part
    rice = 205

2 servings of whey = around 270-300 calories

If you add it all up and add the other ingredients present in those foods you eat, you're getting around 1400-1500 calories. We're about the same height, and I'm consuming 2500 calories, and with that, I can maintain my weight of 66.5-67 kilograms. When I was cutting, I was consuming 1500-1750 calories.

You don't eat at dinner? You need to eat more.

2 eggs - 11 grams of protein
    chicken - Again, just my guess since it's just from the canteen, let's say 40 and I'm being generous here.
    Whey - 102-120 grams (if you're taking promatrix 7, it's 23 grams per serving. Promatrix 7 lover here too.
    2 cups of rice - 8 grams of protein / 4 grams of protein per cup

I know these things because I actually choose and weigh my food. And count my macros.

So you're getting about 160-170 grams of protein, which is okay. Pero kulang sa calories.

And you need more carbs and healthy fat.

Post edited by SteelHead on

My math was off. Fixed.

Going to the gym now. I hope the others chime in. BRB

• jazonejazone Posts: 441

Grabe bench press 170 lbs. Nasa pangarap ko palang yan @_@

• ivandeasisivandeasis Posts: 74
    edited April 2017

@jazone said:

Grabe bench press 170 lbs. Nasa pangarap ko palang yan @_@

well, i did lift 2 years ago. i did not stopped being active, actually, i stopped going to the gym but still practice boxing i think almost twice a month and sometimes even thrice.

Post edited by ivandeasis on
  • t4g4yt4g4y Posts: 1,944

nice to know na another member na may know how about lifting :)

• After the Holy Week, i Changed my program to German Volume Training (GVT), or so called Ten Set Training.

Program day 1
    Chest/Biceps
    1.Flat Bench Press 10x10 100lbs (btw, this workout is a killer)
    2.Incline Bench Press 3x12 70lbs (didn't have any strength left after that 10x10)
    3.Incline dumbel press 3x12(forgot what dumbel i got HAHA)

4.EZ bar curl 10x10 30 lbs (died once again)
    and finally some stretching.

Program day 2 (break your back day)
    1.Dead lift as warm up - 4x6 started at 70lbs finished at 140lbs
    2.Lateral pull down - 10x10 100lbs-80lbs- 4 sets wide grip 5 sets medium grip and killed the last set with 100lbs wide grip (cried after HAHA)
    3.Cable Row 10x10 (back thicknezzzz!!!)
    4.Shrugs 3xfailure(light weight) wala nakong lakas para magrip yung dumbels after that 10x10 row.
    5. Tricep Pushdown 3x12

Comments : i'm at my rest day today, the DOMS are great, i'm out of supplements so the recovery is awful. PS i'll be posting my leg day on friday kung makakatayo pako after. chioa!

• April 19, 2017.

Rest day that became a leg day(umulan kasi kaya di ako nakapagstock ng supplements)
    1. Back Squat 70lbs 1x12
    140lbs 1x10
    180lbs 1x 6
    200lbs 1x4
    2. Leg extention 10x10 pyramid weight hanggang 100lbs
    3. Abs

P.S. after almost 2 years i again reached 200lbs squat, goal for this month is 210. ;)

Today April 20, 2017
    Rest day na talaga to promise HAHAHA

• Today April 21, 2017
    Planning to have another rest day kasi malala ang german volume training.

or cardio nlng. 15mins thread mill tas 15 mins stationary bike, tas abs abs abs

• April 22, 2017
    Hindi ako nagrest, haha did hill sprints.

April 23, 2017
    Shoulder day.
    Dumbel press 3x12 (35-45-55)
    Arnold press (alternate) 3x12 35lbs
    Side lateral raise 3x12 25lbs
    Front raise 3x12 25lbs

P.S. started using solo creatine(dymatize na flavored), di yung proprietary blend. hinalo ko sa 1 scoop ng jack3d. kakasubok ko lang rin ng muscle pharm 100% whey, 2 scoops. quality whey, mixes well. sarap nung cappuccino. hehe

• April 24, 2017
    Leg day
    Back Squat 3x6 70lbs 140lbs 210lbs PR
    Leg extension 3x12
    Hillsprints

Pre workout - creatine
    Intra -combat whey 1 scoop
    Post - 1 scoop whey, pork liver, creatine (loading ako ngayon)

• April 25, 2017
    Chest Day
    Incline dumbbell press 4x12 35lbs-75lb dumbbells
    Flat Bench press 3x12 110lbs
    Dips BW 3x12
    Assisted bicep curls 3x12
    barbel bicep curls 3x12
    Hammer curls 3x12

Current weight 72.5kgs
    Preworkout creatine

• April 26, 2017
    Back day
    Deadlift 1x12 70lbs 1x10 140lbs 3x2 180lbs
    Lat pulldown 3x12 45-150lbs
    Cable Row 3x12 50lbs 100lbs 150lbs
    T-bar row 3x12 80lbs
    Tricep
    skullcrushers
    tricep pulldown

Pre creatine
    post 2 scoops mp cappuccino, creatine (4th day of loading- umay nako sa flavored creatine mygad) hahaha

• pandoypandoy Posts: 596

(4th day of loading- umay nako sa flavored creatine mygad) hahaha

ano yung flavored crea mo bro?

@pandoy said:
    (4th day of loading- umay nako sa flavored creatine mygad) hahaha

ano yung flavored crea mo bro?

blue raspberry paps. haha buti tapos na. haha

wait may flavored creatine?! pagpunta ko kasi lagi sa CnC diretcho tanung kung may dymatize haha. Hindi na ako nagtatanung ng iba

@jazone said:
    wait may flavored creatine?! pagpunta ko kasi lagi sa CnC diretcho tanung kung may dymatize haha. Hindi na ako nagtatanung ng iba

may dymatize na flavored, yun nga yung gamit ko, may cherry lime at blue raspberry. kaso pagtingin ko sa label ambigat nung flavoring nya, bale 9grams per serving, 4 grams flavoring tapos 5 grams creatine. ubos ko na yung 30 servings 20 serving sa loading tapos yung 10 naubos ko na sa maintenance, ngayon venum creatine ginagamit ko for maintenance, patapos na rin ako sa cycle ko in less than 3 weeks.

@ivandeasis said:

@jazone said:

may dymatize na flavored, yun nga yung gamit ko, may cherry lime at blue raspberry. kaso pagtingin ko sa label ambigat nung flavoring nya, bale 9grams per serving, 4 grams flavoring tapos 5 grams creatine. ubos ko na yung 30 servings 20 serving sa loading tapos yung 10 naubos ko na sa maintenance, ngayon venum creatine ginagamit ko for maintenance, patapos na rin ako sa cycle ko in less than 3 weeks.

ah thanks thanks. Kaso ok na ako sa unflavored kasi wala naman siya lasa na weird. Ang hindi ko na kaya balikan is ung unflavored BCAA. Lasang expired na emperador

April 30, 2017
    Chest day
    May 1, 2017
    Back day
    Deadlift 140lbs (matagal nakong tengga sa ganitong weight kasi di ako makapagbagsak ng barbell)
    Lateral pulldown 50lbs-150lbs. 3x12
    Cable row 50-150lbs 3x12
    Seated row 35lbs 35lbs 100 reps
    Tricep pulldown 3x12
    Tricep extension 3x12

May 2, 2017
    Shoulder day na leg day sana.
    Started warming up with back squats na 70lbs
    Tapos may gumamit ng power rack na big guy, nahiya nako.
    Dumbbell press 3x12
    Arnold press 3x12
    Side lateral raise 3x12
    Front raise 3x12
    Nothing new.

• TydyTydy Posts: 7
    Sorry po pa OT newbie lang puro pang body building lang po ba mga sir ang discussions dito baka may forum pwede discuss on how to lose weight? Hehe salamat

@Tydy said:
    Sorry po pa OT newbie lang puro pang body building lang po ba mga sir ang discussions dito baka may forum pwede discuss on how to lose weight? Hehe salamat

included sa pinoybodybuilding ang usapan tungkol sa weight loss, you can ask question from our experts here. welcome tydy!

• cheesmackcheesmack Posts: 317

@Tydy said:

Gawa ka ng Journal mo. :)

• TydyTydy Posts: 7
    Salamat sir @ivandeasis and @cheesmack :awesome:

May 5, 2017
    Strained my lower back doing squats, didn't have enough warm ups before doing heavy sets. (hinahabol ko kasi hanggang 9 lang yung gym)
    Resting for a week or 2 until I feel good again, but still doing light lifts that does not need a lower back support.

• t4g4yt4g4y Posts: 1,944

@ivandeasis said:
    May 5, 2017
    Strained my lower back doing squats, didn't have enough warm ups before doing heavy sets. (hinahabol ko kasi hanggang 9 lang yung gym)
    Resting for a week or 2 until I feel good again, but still doing light lifts that does not need a lower back support.

pagaling ka paps :)

• pdtrxpdtrx Posts: 26

Solid yung bench press mo kapatid. 1RM or 5RM? Tska bat lagging yung deadlift sa squat mo paps?

@pdtrx said:
    Solid yung bench press mo kapatid. 1RM or 5RM? Tska bat lagging yung deadlift sa squat mo paps?

12 reps sir. mabigat na ba yun? yung mga kasabayan ko kasi nag250lbs pa sa incline e. hmmm. kaya ko siguro mag1RM mga 200 to 210 (feel ko ego lifters lang kami hahaha), di naman ako malaki. di ko kasi mabagsak yung barbell sa gym saka nakakahiya kaya hanggang dun lang deadlift ko, yung squat kasi may power rack naman.