I need clarification - Daily macro for bulking vs. calories.

Hello

I'm 31 years old have been going to the gym for 14months now, and I gained a good amount of muscle mass.
Now I'm trying to polish my diet. I'm trying to gain muscle while losing a bit of fat. I'm not after abs at the moment since I'm bulking, just a bit of flat stomach.

Now I've been researching about macros and calories but something seems not to add up.

I found this calculator
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NaJA7803DrOeL-XHD9npVv8_3SKya9Dg9BXARdMrrlw/edit?usp=sharing

So for my age, and weight I'm supposed to have this macro and with that total calories.
Carbs (Grams) 338.5
Protein (Grams) 234
Fat (Grams) 126
Total Calories 3424

Here is where I start to get confused. Lets use Protein as prime example. I need 234g of protein. Lets assume that my protein source is Chicken breast. Based on google at 234g it would only give me 402calories.
Now convert the calories from protein to percentage. Protein at that amount should at least be 50% of the daily calorie requirement, which is around 1700calories.

Unless there is a protein source that has high calories per grams.

I hope you guys could shed light to this. Thanks

Comments

• download myfitnesspal, its easier to use and the data base is more up to date...
    before i answer your question, whats your stats? height, weight etc, posting a pic will help..

• Mag bearbrand ka bro. Tatlong kutsara araw araw laban sa macro nutrient deficiency
  • @TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    download myfitnesspal, its easier to use and the data base is more up to date...
    before i answer your question, whats your stats? height, weight etc, posting a pic will help..

I'm 209lbs, 5'7, at 18% body fat.

• Baka makatulong sa pag compute mo.

1 protein = 4 calories
    1 carbohydrate = 4 calories
    1 fat = 9 calories

234g protein x 4 = 936calories