Monthly estimate food budget

Mga paps curious kung ano ang average to minimum workable food budget para sa mga nagbubuhat. kahit estimate lang, at sabayan nyo na rin ng mga binibili nyo on a weekly basis for proteins, carbs and fat...baka pwede ko pang bawasan ang budget ko dahil sa inyo.

simulan ko:

range, PHP3600 to 4000.
carbs -- kanin! camote, saging saba, pasta (yung pinakapayat, capellini/angelhair -- cooks in 1-2 minute), grains (monggo, lentils)
protein -- eggs, milk, chicken breast, fish, sardines,
fats -- canola oil....? (milk), sometimes butter....

Comments

• Student ako, most of my staple ay galing sa table. Pero if i want extra at hindi makapaghanda ng baon, I'd usually buy Whole Wheat Bread ng gardenia, costs 55 or 72php (depende sa dami) good for 3-4 days. Lunch usually double rice plus viand (either chicken thigh or bbq) cost per meal 60-70.

• its 5-6kilos of beef a week, i eat around a kilo of meat a day,

weekly grocery for myself only is( my wife and daugther only eats fish and vegies on weekdays)

2k a week
    5 kilos of ground beef
    1 kilo of beef (mechado cut) or fillet chicken( thigh) which i make into soup, either nilagang baka or tinola
    2 heads of cabbage and string beans
    4 cans of sliced mushooms
    4 cans of whole corn
    2 cans of chix peas
    1 small bottle of soy sauce
    6pcs of snickers bar
    maybe a kilo of rice a week, mahina ako kumain ng rice.

on weekends we eat out....

• niknik Posts: 28

Thanks. that's some serious amount of protein there.
    I'd love to have your diet, --if I did not have to control my protein intake due to my tendency to have kidney issues.

• My grocery list ( Weekly )

1 Tray Egg - 150
    3 Kilos of Chicken Thigh and Breast - 450
    1 Kilo of Fish - 150
    2-3 Cans of Corned Beef/ Tuna in Solid - 150
    1 Pack of Gardenia Wheat Bread - 70

Total: 970 pesos haha sensya na nagtitipid lang.

Yung iba, sa bahay ko na kinukuha like gulay, fruits, bigas, spices and etc.

• t4g4yt4g4y Posts: 1,944
    edited September 2016

@DeanofMean said:
    My grocery list ( Weekly )

1 Tray Egg - 150
    3 Kilos of Chicken Thigh and Breast - 450
    1 Kilo of Fish - 150
    2-3 Cans of Corned Beef/ Tuna in Solid - 150
    1 Pack of Gardenia Wheat Bread - 70

Total: 970 pesos haha sensya na nagtitipid lang.

Yung iba, sa bahay ko na kinukuha like gulay, fruits, bigas, spices and etc.

hahaha halos same na same tayo sir grocery sir except sa fish, di ako magaling pag dating sa fish, pag luto ko kasi di ko makain kasi feeling ko malansa hahaha. Kaya pag iba ang nag luto ok lang lol

Ground beef 2kilos a week

sa gulay naman pakbet niluluito ko kasi kumpleto na, andun na halos lahat ng gulay.

Post edited by t4g4y on
  • TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2016
    nik wrote: »
    Thanks. that's some serious amount of protein there.
    I'd love to have your diet, --if I did not have to control my protein intake due to my tendency to have kidney issues.

i had 4 emergency dialysis earlier this year due to accute pancreatitis, eating too much protein wont result to kidney problems...that is a fallacy

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on
  • niknik Posts: 28

sorry to hear that -- but looks like you're up and about already -- congrats sir. , i guess that's broscience on my part...(time to check on this further). thanks for the comment.