Lost kid.

Hello guys! I'd like to ask for help lang sana regarding sa aking training.

Mga 3 years ago, I weighed a total of 190lbs. Through exercise and diet, after a year, I went down to 140lbs. Take note, I didnt go to the gym then. All I ever did back then was mostly dieting and some exercise. At first, I was happy cause I managed to cut some fat. Though the problem was, I kinda looked skinny-fat; thin arms, legs, mej pot belly, and may onting manboobs. So, I kinda lost motivation, dala na din ng school- masyado busy. So what happened was, I gained weight; from 140 - 165. Then last year, I decided that I want to try going to the gym, since mga friends ko pumupunta. I signed up for gym membership near my place, also got a trainer, kasi wala akong alam completely. So for that year I lost weight from 165 - 155.

Now, i'm currently at 155lbs. And I still look kinda fat infront of a mirror, tho not as fat as before. I don't have a trainer anymore so I'm really lost right now. Do I still continue with my diet as in cut calories? Or should I start increasing my calories?

Kasi, mga 4 months ago, I decided that I want to reduce my fat nalang muna. Pero it seems na it's not going away hahaha (sorry wag kayo magalit sakin huhu). For 4 months my weight is still at 155lbs. Di ko na alam gagawin ko lol.

So my height is 5"7 ngayon and weight at 155lbs

My diet or kcal a day is at 1860. Cause i saw this article if you want to lose weight you multiply your weight in lbs to 12. To have a rough estimate kung ano kcal a day ang dapat consume.
Should i still diet or should i take excess kcal na? Here are some of my pictures para ma visualize niyo. :)

What am I doing wrong guys?
Please be kind to me.

Comments

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308

Youre too focus on the weight, ask yourslf whats your goal weight loss or fat loss, those are two different things, i think what you are doing is working out, but once you see your weight creep up, you cut the calories, am i right?

• Sorry, you're right, weight loss and fat loss are two different things. I'm actually confused wether to continue on losing fat or should i start trying to get mass? Not really sure. I posted some pictures so that you guys can probably get a visualization of what my body looks like. Should i lose some more fat, then go bulk, Or can i start getting mass na and then cut after i reach my desired physique. Thanks!

edited July 2016

Skip the scale for 3 months , keep it simple and enjoy yourself, Just go to the gym and workout, eat normally like you did when you werent working out...

We will see if working out will create a deficit of its own...and melt away the fat.....saka kana mag adjust ng calories if lang progress

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on
  • jkurtjkurt Posts: 8

Based sa mga nabasa at napanuod ko. kapag skinny fat ka win win ka naman if you decide to cut or bulk either way you will have progress. about naman sa wala ka ng trainer advise ko sayo sa online ka nalang magbase sobrang nakakaduda pinagsasabi ng local trainers, sa youtube search mo si omarisuf magaling siya magturo plus skinny fat din sya dati. hope this helps.

@jkurt said:
    Based sa mga nabasa at napanuod ko. kapag skinny fat ka win win ka naman if you decide to cut or bulk either way you will have progress. about naman sa wala ka ng trainer advise ko sayo sa online ka nalang magbase sobrang nakakaduda pinagsasabi ng local trainers, sa youtube search mo si omarisuf magaling siya magturo plus skinny fat din sya dati. hope this helps.

I also watch omar for techique, he's ok for intermidiate to advance lifters that are looking to increase strength and push thru their PR, for newbies, visual leaning is more appropriate, suscribe to picture fit, best for newbies...easy to follow.

• jkurtjkurt Posts: 8

yo I just subscribed to them yesterday.hahaha. yes sobrang ganda ng pagturo nitong picture fit.

• Thanks guys! Really appreciate the help. I'm going to watch his vids when i get home. Thanks!

• cut ka idol at least -500 sa maintenance mo at eat clean ka healthy foods lang at least 3x a week strenght training at 4x a week (hiit 15 to 25 min) focus burn fat muna (lower bodyfat) make sure ur taking more protein than your weight in pounds

• ^

Im actually on maintenance rght now. Will probably be on it siguro till the end of the month. Tapos i'll go with the -500 kcal. Kasi feel ko my metab got messed up kasi ive been on deficit for too long? Well that's what i read from numerous articles that if youre on a deficit for too long parang walang mangyayari sa katawan ko, rather you wont lose any weight as compared to those who just started going on a deficit

• @HelpmePlease said:
    ^

Im actually on maintenance rght now. Will probably be on it siguro till the end of the month. Tapos i'll go with the -500 kcal. Kasi feel ko my metab got messed up kasi ive been on deficit for too long? Well that's what i read from numerous articles that if youre on a deficit for too long parang walang mangyayari sa katawan ko, rather you wont lose any weight as compared to those who just started going on a deficit

That means your deficit is more than 500, that will be corrected by just a big day of eating, how do you know your on maintanance?

• HelpmePleaseHelpmePlease Posts: 5
    edited August 2016

@TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    That means your deficit is more than 500, that will be corrected by just a big day of eating, how do you know your on maintanance?

I got the formula from my nutrition class in medschool. where i'll get my BMR, physical activity, and specific dynamic action. adding them all up will constitute my maintenance calories. As for the calorie counting, I downloaded an app called: My FitnessPal, so that i have a rough estimate on how much calories im consuming in a day. :/

Post edited by HelpmePlease on
  • If you have the funds, invest on a fitbit charge hr or a blaze to monitor your output, there are days that i only burn around 2800 and there are ones that are around 4000 calories, how much i eat is dictated on my output, that means sometimes i eat at 3500 cal, still with a deficit of 500calories...btw, the fitbit app syncs with myfitnesspal

• niknik Posts: 28

from 190 lbs to 140 then to 155 level, you're on the right track! and I agree with @TRoll_W_a_Heart -- skip the scales and the mirror too! work towards continuously increasing your workout intensity. and then you will see result.