Over a year and not much of change, need help badly!

BLUEBLUE Posts: 77
edited July 2016 in Personal Journals

Hi, first of all i would like to introduce myself.
Im MJC.
5'8"
146pounds, current
appendicitis + scoliosis man, but it didn't stop me from going
lactose intolerant, i used to take whey rarely, lately i take it once a day. my system don't accept whey, i got cough and phlegm for it, slower digestion if continuous intake.
my goal from years ago was to have a body of a bodybuilder/model.
gym time: 2hrs 30mins, now just 2hrs a day.
day: 5-6days, now is 6-7days a week.
obsess and determine.

i did gym for a year way back but i met someone who turn around my world.
then so i started again lifting around 3 years ago.
for 2 years i just did home workout, yes home workout which did not improve me, imagine lifting bench press for 2years=40pounds,etc. no change, abs workout 10reps only. it's like i just did plain exercise. then i tried to go to gym for 4months, more program and sets plus with treadmill but same weightlift. nothing has change, i just gotten fat, around 80kg is the max weight i obtained. and i was living with my parents that time so i just eat anything in sight.
then around 2015 of july, i started going back to that gym which i stopped from years ago, the program that the instructor gave me there is effective, though i was living alone so no budget anymore. failed in diet. started doing abs workout at month 2.
that time, my soul of bodybuilder has re-awakened.
here is the change in 4months:
then with continuous lifting, the month of 12, seems nothing much has change:

o yea, and i was doing google about whey, diet, then i discovered this site. nice to meet you people :wink:
so many time has wasted...
any advice/tips?

Post edited by Core on

Comments

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308

concentrate on the eating part, take in enough macros, rest and change your program often to confuse your system, easy on the gym, 2hrs is too loooooong. Cut it in half if possible.

• Some People i know often train more than 2hrs they think its 'working harder' NO.
    Ill just leave this here:
    Make an initial goal (cut or bulk first)
    Shorten your workout
    Hit your macros
    Focus more on your diet, weight training can't overcome your nutrition!
    Lastly, make atleast 1 or 2 rest days
  • ler4_warler4_war Posts: 186

If you're lactose intolerant and still wanting to take protein shake, try whey protein isolate. I use Dymatize Iso 100 and Myprotein whey isolate. Whey isolates are lactose free :)

• BLUEBLUE Posts: 77
    concentrate on the eating part, take in enough macros, rest and change your program often to confuse your system, easy on the gym, 2hrs is too loooooong. Cut it in half if possible.

Macros? Uh yan ba yun calculation ng protein intake?
    How bout the time? Like day1 = chest bicep abs, all can be done in 2hours
    And i do visit the instructor every 2months for the program. :)
    Some People i know often train more than 2hrs they think its 'working harder' NO.
    Ill just leave this here:
    Make an initial goal (cut or bulk first)
    Shorten your workout
    Hit your macros
    Focus more on your diet, weight training can't overcome your nutrition!
    Lastly, make atleast 1 or 2 rest days

What is better, bulk first?
    Rest 1day after the 3days workout? Instructor said it's fine if continous, is it better to take a day off or two?
    Thanks
    ler4_war wrote: »
    If you're lactose intolerant and still wanting to take protein shake, try whey protein isolate. I use Dymatize Iso 100 and Myprotein whey isolate. Whey isolates are lactose free :)

Ok, if got. budget, i think it is more expensive?
    edited July 2016

@BLUE said:
    TRoll_W_a_Heart;143579" said:

Macros? Uh yan ba yun calculation ng protein intake?
    How bout the time? Like day1 = chest bicep abs, all can be done in 2hours
    And i do visit the instructor every 2months for the program. :)

Marcos are the daily breakdown of the food youre eating, its percentage and quantity, about frequency, You and only you know your recovery time, if its 48 or 72 hours, some people train chest only once a week. I train legs 2x a week...calves 3x a week..almost all body parts once a week....working out is just a small percentage of the total picture, newbies have a notion that more is better, resting and eating right is more important...

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on
    Marcos are the daily breakdown of the food youre eating, its percentage and quantity, about frequency, You and only you know your recovery time, if its 48 or 72 hours, some people train chest only once a week. I train legs 2x a week...calves 3x a week..almost all body parts once a week....working out is just a small percentage of the total picture, newbies have a notion that more is better, resting and eating right is more important...[/quote]

How to know sir? gym instructor is big, and only train once a week per body part. the recovery time

Once a week in just a template, the younger you are the better the recovery time, simple program would be, day one chest and calves, rest, shoulders and tris, rest, back and bi, rest, legs, rest, repeat..this is just an example, enjoy

edited July 2016
    removed. put in new thread
    Post edited by BLUE on
    edited July 2016
    removed, put in new thread
    Post edited by BLUE on
  • ler4_warler4_war Posts: 186

Whey Protein is a supplement and definitely not a meal replacement if you want to gain mass. I even prefer your "before" diet than your after, perhaps what you need to do is continue with the "before" and add 2-3x servings of whey protein, avoid junk food, eat complex carbohydrates, less fatty foods. That will give you a clean bulk.

I am 5'7 at 145 lbs (66 Kgs) so we don't have a significant difference in terms of weight and height, you can check my recent pic in my post.

ler4_war wrote: »
    Whey Protein is a supplement and definitely not a meal replacement if you want to gain mass. I even prefer your "before" diet than your after, perhaps what you need to do is continue with the "before" and add 2-3x servings of whey protein, avoid junk food, eat complex carbohydrates, less fatty foods. That will give you a clean bulk.

I am 5'7 at 145 lbs (66 Kgs) so we don't have a significant difference in terms of weight and height, you can check my recent pic in my post.

Salamat sa reply. i already stop taking in junk or fat foods for around 2weeks. Trying my best hehe.
    3? I think it is too much, would lead to kidney failure or stones.
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509

@TRoll_W_a_Heart said:

Don't get this wrong from what beginners do, changing from one fad/trend to another, without the knowledge what they are really getting themselves into. But IMO, "fix it if it's broken" adage.

Be my guest to chime in, best him learn from experience i say..

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509

Carry on sir @TRoll_W_a_Heart. Sir @BLUE, as much as possible stick to one journal lang.

Sory for the mess guys. ill post in the other thread. Thanks for the help, i understand my problem is, need to learn my macro, fix diet, proper program