After 1 week doing SL 5x5

Last Saturday, my weight was 63 kg. Then I stood up on the gym's weighing scale and I was amazed because my current weight is now 64 kg. Is it a good news for me or not? Does the Mutant Mass had a big contribution or the practice of eating every after workout? Rice, noodles, eggs, quail eggs, penoy, chicken, canned tuna, and 250 ml of Nestle Non-Fat Milk before bedtime had been a part of my meal this week.

Comments

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308
    edited July 2016

You weigh yourself first thing in the morning, preferably after making all the bathroom chores, same time with an empty stomach, ones weight flactuates sometimes 10-15lbs a day. Plus use the same scale everyday. Im 203 at home, 199 at the hospital's scale.
    Youre tracking food, you weigh them, you know your macros?

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on
  • cramnhojcramnhoj Posts: 73
    edited July 2016

A person builds about half a pound of muscle a week. Beginners can gain more than that, other than that only way to gain more muscle is to use steroids.
    Gaining some fat is inevitable though, since you need to be at a calorie surplus in order to build muscle. At 2lbs. for a week you likely gained fat. Can also be just water weight, which is why, as already mentioned, you take your weight in the morning on an empty stomach.

Also, you need sufficient sleep to build muscle, lack of sleep and gaining weight is likely from fat.

Post edited by cramnhoj on
  • ravagerravager Posts: 16

@cramnhoj said:
    A person builds about half a pound of muscle a week. Beginners can gain more than that, other than that only way to gain more muscle is to use steroids.
    Gaining some fat is inevitable though, since you need to be at a calorie surplus in order to build muscle. At 2lbs. for a week you likely gained fat. Can also be just water weight, which is why, as already mentioned, you take your weight in the morning on an empty stomach.

Also, you need sufficient sleep to build muscle, lack of sleep and gaining weight is likely from fat.

Oh shoot! I'm a night person and I'm having a difficulty sleeping at night so maybe I gained weight because of fat. :disappointed:

• ravagerravager Posts: 16

@TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    You weigh yourself first thing in the morning, preferably after making all the bathroom chores, same time with an empty stomach, ones weight flactuates sometimes 10-15lbs a day. Plus use the same scale everyday. Im 203 at home, 199 at the hospital's scale.
    Youre tracking food, you weigh them, you know your macros?

Actually I don't know my macros but I already computed it.

CARBS: 253 G PER DAY.
    PROTEIN: 169 G PER DAY.
    FATS: 62 G PER DAY.

2246cal, Add 200-300 calories more, make it 18cals per lb of body weight or around 2500ish..

• cramnhojcramnhoj Posts: 73

@ravager said:
    Oh shoot! I'm a night person and I'm having a difficulty sleeping at night so maybe I gained weight because of fat. :disappointed:

It's fine as long as you get enough sleep whatever time it is you prefer sleeping. Also, stress inhibits muscle growth.

@ravager said:

Fat is the prefered energy source of some people, you get fat not because youre eating fat, you get fat becoz your eating too much calories.