Recommended Workout Program for Ectomorphs Like Me

Nung 2013 pa ako una at huling nag-gym na kung saan umattend lang ng ilang sessions. Pagkatapos nun, ngayon lang ulit ako nag-gym. Kung dati, 40 kg ang weight ko (way back 2013), last July 9, 2016, 63 kg na dahil sa work at kakakain. Nung July 9, gusto ko sana i-try mag-full body workout then I saw the program called Stronglifts 5x5. July 11 ko sya inumpisahan. Gusto ko lang malaman kung appropriate ba talaga sa akin ang program na ito para sa isang ectomorph. Gusto ko din sana maging pandesal ang monay ko. :smiley:

Pasensya na sa ugly body.hahaha

Baka may iba din po kayong mai-recommend na dapat kong gawin pagdating sa workout program and even diet program. Nagstart na din po kasi ako uminom ng Mutant Mass.

Comments

• DeanofMeanDeanofMean Posts: 161

Welcome sa pbb sir. Okay po yang stronglifts 5x5 sir, kasi puro compound exercises ang involved like squats, deadlift, benchpress, overhead press, tsaka barbell rows.

• ravagerravager Posts: 16

@DeanofMean said:
    Welcome sa pbb sir. Okay po yang stronglifts 5x5 sir, kasi puro compound exercises ang involved like squats, deadlift, benchpress, overhead press, tsaka barbell rows.

Thanks sir. I installed Stronglifts 5x5 app on my phone para may guide ako. May nakita din akong video sa youtube na gumamit nito plus GOMAD. Di ko alam kung susundin ko yun o mag-whey protein na lang ako. Matakaw talaga akong kumain. Laki nga ng tiyan ko. :lol:

• ler4_warler4_war Posts: 186

E consider mo mag high protein diet and eat more complex carbs (around ~50% of daily calories/diet), ung supplements mo part lng sya ng diet pero don't fully rely on it. Mg cardio workout ka, then 5x5, then ab workouts. Use lighter weights para mapractice mo proper form when lifting. I started using 5x5 today, to try something different.

@ler4_war said:
    E consider mo mag high protein diet and eat more complex carbs (around ~50% of daily calories/diet), ung supplements mo part lng sya ng diet pero don't fully rely on it. Mg cardio workout ka, then 5x5, then ab workouts. Use lighter weights para mapractice mo proper form when lifting. I started using 5x5 today, to try something different.

Ah ok sir. Thanks for your advice. Actually sinusunod ko lang yung 5x5 then I added some workout for triceps, biceps, and abs para ma-emphasize siya. Even yung weights na nasa guide sinusunod ko lang din. :smile:

Kung kailangan ko din pala magcardio, gagawin ko din. :smile:

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308
    edited July 2016

Just go to a gym, the hardest part is always starting, take all suggestions with scrutiny, the truth is whatever you do in the next 6 months you will see improvements, take advantage on what they call newbie gains, do each movement with strict with full range of movement, going heavy at the start will only create bad habits and you will only injure youself.....lastly, educate yourself...

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on

@TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    Just go to a gym, the hardest part is always starting, take all suggestions with scrutiny, the truth is whatever you do in the next 6 months you will see improvements, take advantage on what they call newbie gains, do each movement with strict with full range of movement, going heavy at the start will only create bad habits and you will only injure youself.....lastly, educate yourself...

Thanks for encouraging me sir. Actually, before joining on this site, I already read some discussions and one of those if your journey to self improvement. I want to try the fried rice with chicken that you mentioned on your post. Is it okay if I'm going to eat only that meal for the whole day? :smiley:

Yes, but i change what i eat on a weekly basis, just to keep things different, here's todays menu,

My calories are high but, but still on a caloric deficit, you dont need to restrict food as long as your working out, just dont go overboard, you are what you eat.

Good luck

• cramnhojcramnhoj Posts: 73
    edited July 2016

@ravager said:
    Thanks sir. I installed Stronglifts 5x5 app on my phone para may guide ako. May nakita din akong video sa youtube na gumamit nito plus GOMAD. Di ko alam kung susundin ko yun o mag-whey protein na lang ako. Matakaw talaga akong kumain. Laki nga ng tiyan ko. :lol:

GOMAD gets thrown around without the context it was originally intended with. SL was based on Starting Strength which was made by Rippetoe, the guy in this video. And this is what he says about it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6HV-wvNa2GM

Post edited by cramnhoj on

Thanks for your comment sir. :smile:

@TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    Yes, but i change what i eat on a weekly basis, just to keep things different, here's todays menu,

My calories are high but, but still on a caloric deficit, you dont need to restrict food as long as your working out, just dont go overboard, you are what you eat.

Good luck

I'm not choosy in terms of what to eat but my money is. :joy:

Your recipe is like Chao fan in Chowking. I planned to have a Chao fan style meal using the ingredients in your recipe.

How about Beef Salpicao? :smiley:

edited July 2016

Thats just an example, sometimes i do chicken, beef Is hard to digest and keeps me full longer, plus the thermal effect.. its upto you what you eat as long as you know what and how much you are eating, there is a saying, if you dont count them, you cant manage them.

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on