Old Noobie From Baguio

Good day guys! John here from Baguio, a 31 y/o father of 3 who recently realized I need to get fit to be able to play basketball with my son  :smile:

I have tried to go to the gym before but rarely do I last more than 2 months. Either because I get busy or there's a nuisance hiding around the bushes. My son loves basketball and so do I (in my younger years) but years of sitting in front of a computer has taken away my agility and strength not to mention gave me a gigantic tummy.

So yeah, I recently joined a local gym (ShapeUp where Pacquiao trains :)) and is looking to rekindle my passion for fitness. My goal as of the moment is to get big then trim down to desired weight as I am a weirdly built guy (at least this is what others recommended)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I sure hope I can get a lot of information from our masters here. Tips and suggestions are very much welcome!

Comments

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    thecab611 wrote:
    Good day guys! John here from Baguio, a 31 y/o father of 3 who recently realized I need to get fit to be able to play basketball with my son  :smile:

I have tried to go to the gym before but rarely do I last more than 2 months. Either because I get busy or there's a nuisance hiding around the bushes. My son loves basketball and so do I (in my younger years) but years of sitting in front of a computer has taken away my agility and strength not to mention gave me a gigantic tummy.

So yeah, I recently joined a local gym (ShapeUp where Pacquiao trains :)) and is looking to rekindle my passion for fitness. My goal as of the moment is to get big then trim down to desired weight as I am a weirdly built guy (at least this is what others recommended)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I sure hope I can get a lot of information from our masters here. Tips and suggestions are very much welcome!

Welcome to PBB community, sir!
    Also a lifter here from the North. I also go to Baguio from time to time. Might as well pay another visit this month since it's the celebration of Panagbenga.

BTW, you may start asking and tracking your progress by creating yourself a journal here.
  • TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308

@thecab611 said:

Welcome, btw 31 is not old...