Trouble gaining weight

I am Fil-Aus so I don't understand full tagalog sorry! I am 18 and currently in college, I am currently 49 KG at 5.7, I used to be 44 but suddenly I stopped gaining weight? 
I eat 3 times a day, in the morning I eat good cereal, not those sugary coco pop cereals..

For lunch I eat a variety of foods based on what i feel like, but it usually consists of 2 rice and egg with ulam.
For dinner its kind of the same drill, 2 rice and the typical ulam (sometimes frozen if im lazy)
Before bed I take a supplement, Muscle Tech to help me gain more weight. 

I try to exceed my calorie intake which is around 2.2, my brother said to exercise as well as eat 3-4 times a day using the Muscle Tech. When I exercise I usually do a shitload of calisthenics and I also use a pair of dumbbells.

I work out 3-5 times a week, I can feel my reps improving but the scale is still the same.

How do I gain more weight? I eat 3 times a day even with a Supplement to help me gain more calories and protein. I stay up late a lot but I still get the 7-8 hours sleep. Maybe I should stop exercising?

Pls halp me.

I am new in this forum but I came here for advice and help :(

Comments

• welcome mate.. it would be best if you create a journal and outline your WO routine as well as your food intake. That would help out in answering your questions.
  • kurt_03kurt_03 Posts: 63
    tips for gaining weight 
    1. use 5x5 routine program
    2. eat BIG. 
    3. eat 4 x a day
    4. BE LAZY HAHAHA
  • For lunch I eat a variety of foods based on what i feel like, but it usually consists of 2 rice and egg with ulam.
    For dinner its kind of the same drill, 2 rice and the typical ulam (sometimes frozen if im lazy)
    Rice can only be converted to energy or fat.  Since I doubt you want to gain weight in fat you should eat more meat instead.  Whenever someone is told to eat more and they reply "but I already add extra rice in my meals" I facepalm. Don't add extra rice, add an extra meal.
    I work out 3-5 times a week, I can feel my reps improving but the scale is still the same.
    Being able to increase reps means it's not as much of a challenge anymore.  It becomes an endurance exercise and this won't induce muscle growth.  Increase the weight or do a more challenging exercise like pistols instead of squats.  In short, progressive load.
    How do I gain more weight? I eat 3 times a day even with a Supplement to help me gain more calories and protein. I stay up late a lot but I still get the 7-8 hours sleep. Maybe I should stop exercising?
    If by staying up late you're sleepy but making yourself stay awake, that's not good even if you rest the needed amount of hours.  If instead that's already your normal sleeping time then your body has adjusted.