First Rep on Dumbbell Presses

Hi PBB Fam! I just want to know if there are other ways to improve or lessen the struggle on first rep on dumbbell presses. 

I find that many has this problem that the first rep is hard but once done by help of spotter and a successful kick off the next reps are easier and done at full range of motion (feels like you could give more if not only of that first rep struggle)

I usually workout alone so depending on a spotter is not always an option. I hope you can give advice.

Comments

• badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    If you want just dont count it as a rep. Start counting when your form is on. Simply treat is as if you're unracking the bar. Problem lang naman yan sa heavy sets e.
  • If you want just dont count it as a rep. Start counting when your form is on. Simply treat is as if you're unracking the bar. Problem lang naman yan sa heavy sets e.

Sir V, if hirap sa first rep (cannot do without spotter) then dun sa next reps parang magaan na yung load masyado, is it ok to load up already? o wait till you can do the first rep alone?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Set up lang kasi yung so called "first rep" sa DB press. Hindi naman lahat nahihirapan sa first rep e, dati sa pag pick up ng DB from the floor problem ko pag 80-100lbs DBs na. Tinutuhod ko pataas sa balikat. 70lbs below kaya ko i-clean. As for the "first rep" i rarely struggle na unlike nung bago ako. But still may set up problems pa din ako. So its normal and nothing to worry about. As you get stronger (especially grip and forearm strength) magiimprove din coordination mo sa pagset up sa DB press.