My road to A&F physique

Hi guys,

I am new to PBB. I wanna start my journal/progress however I need your advise first.

I just started working out again last May. My goal is to be lean/model body, yung payat tignan pero pag nakahubad "wow!".

I'm 27 yo, 5'6" and currently 152lbs. My waistline is 32 in, I have belly fat.

I workout 4-5 times a week. Pag nasa gym, 10mins cardio and then iniikot ko lang yung mga machines. Hindi ako nag free weights pa. May days na I train my upper body (chest, back and arms) and the other days lower body naman. Mahilig ako maglakad kaya medyo ok legs and calves ko. I also started running.

I'm checking my weight almost everyday na nasa gym ako but its always in 150-152 lbs range. My body fat bumaba from 25% to 24%. Sabi ng tropa ko maybe di bumaba weight ko because the fat is being converted to muscle.

I started taking whey protein just this week.1 scoop 2-3hrs preworkout and 1 scoop post workout. I dont take whey kapag rest day ko. At first, I thought of buying serious mass thinking of yun gagamitin ko for burning/energy during workout kaso I changed my mind dahil baka madagdagan lang belly fat ko.

Questions:
1. Can you pls suggest a good workout schedule per week (like day 1 arms, day 2 chest...)? And what routine per day?
2. How do I decrease my weight? As per calculation, my ideal weight is 139 lbs. Currently, for 5'6" and 152 lbs, my BMI is 24.53. Do I need to decrease my food intake or iburn ko lang yung fat ko to achieve my goal?
3. Do I need to increase my whey protein intake?
4. Do I need to take other supps like casein protein?

Yan muna for now. Ill post my body pics next time.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    Welcome @musouka15

just my 2 cents (that lookds like 5 pesos haha)

'm checking my weight almost everyday
    -dont do it, stop. youll just frustrate yourself. youre into building muscles, muscle is heavier than fat. you may want to check atleast once a week (kund di mo tlga mapigilan) mirror is your best friend.

Sabi ng tropa ko maybe di bumaba weight ko because the fat is being converted to muscle
    -No. Fat is Fat, Muscle is Muscle. Fat doesnt convert into muscle. Hence, you burn fat & you gain muscle.

I started taking whey protein just this week.1 scoop 2-3hrs preworkout and 1 scoop post workout. I dont take whey kapag rest day ko. At first, I thought of buying serious mass thinking of yun gagamitin ko for burning/energy during workout kaso I changed my mind dahil baka madagdagan lang belly fat ko.
    -first, whey is only a supplement, you can get away with diet (bulking or cutting) without it. The reason behind people drink whey is because its convient for them to drink 1-2 scoop instead of eating whole foods like chicken,beeef,fish por, eggs and etc for some reason (busy, lazy to meal prep, or just plain lazy like me hahaha)
    -second, you should know how much you need for proein each day to build muscle (gains). so di namin masasabi kung ilang scoop tlga kelangan mo. like i said, substitute lang sya sa whole foods, i can drink 8-9 scoops of whey a day at un lang iinumin ko. di na ko kakain ng manok, isda at kahit anong whole foods. (see the logic)

Answers to your question:
    1. know the basic compound lifts like Squats, deadlifts, rows, presses. these will help you build more muscle because it will involve alot of muscles in your body per exercise. mor muscle = more burning

2. how to decrease weight? -  caloric defecit. bawasan mo kinakain mo sa pang araw araw, ganun lang kasimple bro. dont forget to up the protein since you are into body building

3. like i said, know your daily need.

4. i do not suggest sa ganito kaaga. stick with the basics. feel the rythm and groove first.

hope i helped kahit onti :)
  • AestecniquesAestecniques Posts: 487
    musouka15 wrote:
    Hi guys,

I am new to PBB. I wanna start my journal/progress however I need your advise first.

I just started working out again last May. My goal is to be lean/model body, yung payat tignan pero pag nakahubad "wow!".

I workout 4-5 times a week. Pag nasa gym, 10mins cardio and then iniikot ko lang yung mga machines. Hindi ako nag free weights pa. May days na I train my upper body (chest, back and arms) and the other days lower body naman. Mahilig ako maglakad kaya medyo ok legs and calves ko. I also started running.

I'm checking my weight almost everyday na nasa gym ako but its always in 150-152 lbs range. My body fat bumaba from 25% to 24%. Sabi ng tropa ko maybe di bumaba weight ko because the fat is being converted to muscle.

Questions:
    1. Can you pls suggest a good workout schedule per week (like day 1 arms, day 2 chest...)? And what routine per day?
    2. How do I decrease my weight? As per calculation, my ideal weight is 139 lbs. Currently, for 5'6" and 152 lbs, my BMI is 24.53. Do I need to decrease my food intake or iburn ko lang yung fat ko to achieve my goal?

Welcome bro sa PBB! We have the same height, and initial goal. Check out my journal on how I reduced my weight from 186 lbs to 130 lbs. Hope it helps. http://pinoybodybuilding.com/Thread-Journey-to-Hollywood-Physique
  • musouka15musouka15 Posts: 12
    Ghee wrote:
    Welcome @musouka15

just my 2 cents (that lookds like 5 pesos haha)

'm checking my weight almost everyday
    -dont do it, stop. youll just frustrate yourself. youre into building muscles, muscle is heavier than fat. you may want to check atleast once a week (kund di mo tlga mapigilan) mirror is your best friend.

Sabi ng tropa ko maybe di bumaba weight ko because the fat is being converted to muscle
    -No. Fat is Fat, Muscle is Muscle. Fat doesnt convert into muscle. Hence, you burn fat & you gain muscle.

-first, whey is only a supplement, you can get away with diet (bulking or cutting) without it. The reason behind people drink whey is because its convient for them to drink 1-2 scoop instead of eating whole foods like chicken,beeef,fish por, eggs and etc for some reason (busy, lazy to meal prep, or just plain lazy like me hahaha)
    -second, you should know how much you need for proein each day to build muscle (gains). so di namin masasabi kung ilang scoop tlga kelangan mo. like i said, substitute lang sya sa whole foods, i can drink 8-9 scoops of whey a day at un lang iinumin ko. di na ko kakain ng manok, isda at kahit anong whole foods. (see the logic)

Answers to your question:
    1. know the basic compound lifts like Squats, deadlifts, rows, presses. these will help you build more muscle because it will involve alot of muscles in your body per exercise. mor muscle = more burning

2. how to decrease weight? -  caloric defecit. bawasan mo kinakain mo sa pang araw araw, ganun lang kasimple bro. dont forget to up the protein since you are into body building

3. like i said, know your daily need.

4. i do not suggest sa ganito kaaga. stick with the basics. feel the rythm and groove first.

hope i helped kahit onti :)

Thanks @Ghee

Just to clarify
    1. For whey intake -  Did you mean that in order to satisfy my daily protein needs, I can take whey [in conjunction with my food intake] anytime even the days that I am not working out?
    2. Did you suggest that I do whole body workouts rather than isolating?
    musouka15 wrote:
    Hi guys,

Questions:

Welcome bro sa PBB! We have the same height, and initial goal. Check out my journal on how I reduced my weight from 186 lbs to 130 lbs. Hope it helps. http://pinoybodybuilding.com/Thread-Journey-to-Hollywood-Physique

Thanks @Aestecniques

Ill definitely check it out.
    musouka15 wrote:

Thanks @Ghee

Just to clarify
    1. For whey intake -  Did you mean that in in order to satisfy my daily protein needs, I can take whey [in conjunction with my food intake] anytime even the days that I am not working out?
    2. Did you suggest that I do whole body workouts rather than isolating?

1. yes bro. these are only supplements. just in case hindi mo ma meet ung protein need mo sa araw, you can use them to aid you to meet the requirements. preference mo un bro. walang magic ratio.

2.nope. what im saying is that these compound movements/exercises (squats/deadlifts/presses and etc) involves more muscle to work with each other. look at it this way;

Leg extension (well machine i suppose) - Isolation
    Works on : Quads

Vs.

Squats (back squat to be specific) - Compound
    Works on :
    Quads
    Hams
    Gluttes
    core
    a bit of calvs..

See the difference?
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    My goal is to be lean/model body, yung payat tignan pero pag nakahubad "wow!".

christian-bales-body-machinist-vs-american-phycho-300x237.jpg

^ That is Christian Bale. The one on the left is his physique in the movie "American Psycho" and the one on the right is his physique in the movie "The Machinist"

If you want the physique on the left, follow Ghee's advice: Get strong in compound exercises (squat, deadlift, bench press, pull ups, etc), eat properly and lose excess body fat.

If you want the physique on the right, eat less and do lots of cardio. That is for sure to burn your excess body fat
    The right one is too skinny, di na magandang tignan. Yes I'm already incorporating compound exercises in my workout splits. Thanks bro.
    nrg500 wrote:
    If you want the physique on the right, eat less and do lots of cardio. That is for sure to burn your excess body fat

i see what you did there. LOL
    I dont know how to post photos here. Walang option sa phone. Im currently following this workout plan:
    http://www.gymaholic.co/articles/workouts/men-workout-routine
    BANE wrote:
    nrg500 wrote:

i see what you did there. LOL

Bro about diet, I wanna remove my excess fat/belly fat. You said bawasan ko kinakain ko, is it beneficial if I remove rice and just take carbs from other sources and continuously taking high amount of protein provided I religiously workout? Will this help me lose weight/excess fat but still gain muscle?
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    I dont know how to post photos here. Walang option sa phone. Im currently following this workout plan:

For a beginner, working out 3 days a week will do. No need for lots of isolation exercise

Try a simple training program like Wendler 5/3/1.

is it beneficial if I remove rice and just take carbs from other sources and continuously taking high amount of protein provided I religiously workout?

White rice does not make you gain fat, excess calories does.

High protein won't help if your body is deprived of vitamins and minerals. Stop looking for a magic/shortcut diet. Eat whole foods and lots of green vegetables everyday.

Prioritize whole foods over supplements
    nrg500 wrote:

For a beginner, working out 3 days a week will do. No need for lots of isolation exercise

Try a simple training program like Wendler 5/3/1.

is it beneficial if I remove rice and just take carbs from other sources and continuously taking high amount of protein provided I religiously workout?

White rice does not make you gain fat, excess calories does.

High protein won't help if your body is deprived of vitamins and minerals. Stop looking for a magic/shortcut diet. Eat whole foods and lots of green vegetables everyday.

Prioritize whole foods over supplements

Thanks for the advise. Ill check this Wendler
    what bro @nrg500 said. completely agree :)
    Hi guys,

I now changed my goal to strength. I find Wendler's complicated. I read stronglifts 5x5 and find it easier to follow.