Losing Weight on a Caloric Surplus

Hello! My friend is currently on a bulk. I've been working with him for over a month now and his weight won't budge, he even lost a couple of kilos even on a surplus. Here are his stats:

pIYoOO.jpg

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 154lbs

Macros:
Calories: 3600
Carbs 495g
Protein 180g
Fat 100g

Nutrition/Supps:
Whole macro dense food
Mass Gainer (Mutant)
Whey (Promatrix7)
Preworkout (Assault)

Training:
Isolation, Heavy to failure 6x a week

Anyone had the same issue? Does he need to up his calories more? Change in training? Thank you!

Comments

• AestecniquesAestecniques Posts: 487
    desbuncio wrote:
    Hello! My friend is currently on a bulk. I've been working with him for over a month now and his weight won't budge, he even lost a couple of kilos even on a surplus. Here are his stats:

pIYoOO.jpg

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 154lbs

Macros:
    Calories: 3600
    Carbs 495g
    Protein 180g
    Fat 100g

Nutrition/Supps:
    Whole macro dense food
    Mass Gainer (Mutant)
    Whey (Promatrix7)
    Preworkout (Assault)

Training:
    Isolation, Heavy to failure 6x a week

Anyone had the same issue? Does he need to up his calories more? Change in training? Thank you!

Everything seems to be on point... but if I am in the same situation , primarily I will change my training style, still heavy but to a lower rep range, to induce more muscle stimulation than breakdown, if after 2 weeks or so, and no increase in weight, I will add more on calorie intake about 10% more. I may also change my training frequency to 4x a week.
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    too much workload. tell him to back off a little on training. 3600cals is not high at all if the energy expenditure is very high also (factor in fast metabolism as well), it just cancels out the "should be high" calorie intake required to gain weight. It's all about energy balance. Anyway, I dont think losing weight is a bad thing as long as he's getting lean.
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    i wont train to failure if im bulking. ill hit 6-12 reps. pero walang to failure. :)taxing na maxado bulking ung to failuer depende pa sa sets... IMO... (what im planning to do when i bulk haha)
  • desbunciodesbuncio Posts: 19
    Thanks guys! I'll show this to him :)
  • owel1owel1 Posts: 142
    dfsdf