5/3/1

Day 1
Starting my new journey into powerlifting. Day one starts later, after 5 at my local gym. Loving the atmosphere there; quiet, not a lot of people a lot of weight and my basic needs are all there. (Squat rack, bench, barbells, DBs, and most important, unli water supply!! hehehe..). Follow me as I journey down a familiar but not so familiar path.

Comments

• BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    Goodluck on your journey bro! GO HARD!
  • fatmonkeyfatmonkey Posts: 308
    Gudluck sir... finally ka same height at medyo ka weight. Hehehehe
  • trawetz12trawetz12 Posts: 70
    Goodluck bro!.. no PAIN no GAIN!
  • TagdiTagdi Posts: 7
    And the journey has begun... WOOOOOOOO!!, bench press day was just intense! Repped out every last set last night. Just another day at the office. Today, we are doing deadlifts, the man lift, the full body lift, the lift that helps you grow in size, strength and proportion. As the great Jan Pall Sigmarsson said after he lifted 1005 lbs, "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift." Stay Strong fellow members of the Iron Brotherhood and keep lifting heavy!!
    fatmonkey wrote:
    Gudluck sir... finally ka same height at medyo ka weight. Hehehehe

It's all about getting big, staying big and getting bigger, hehehe... 15 kg increase in 10 months... hahaha
    Bro sa tingin ko mas kaya mo pa waaayyyy heavy ung DL mo. tried adding like 20's?? feeling ko kaya tapatan ng PR mo sa squat yan. baka na uunder-estimate mo lang ung str mo :)
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Welcome to PBB!
    Keep the poundages and enthusiasm up!
    @ Ghee
    Thanks for the advice bro!! I actually can DL about 190-200, but for now I'm starting out light coz' I'm alternating between sumo and conventional DL styles. Yung 200 was PR with conventional and I'm trying to perfect my form for sumo kaya light weight muna. Once I get the technique right, I don't see any reason not to increase the weight.
    Tagdi wrote:
    @ Ghee
    Thanks for the advice bro!! I actually can DL about 190-200, but for now I'm starting out light coz' I'm alternating between sumo and conventional DL styles. Yung 200 was PR with conventional and I'm trying to perfect my form for sumo kaya light weight muna. Once I get the technique right, I don't see any reason not to increase the weight.

Nice nice!!! keep it up bro :) "if it aint bending, youre pretending" :sport:
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    The 5/3/1 method, designed by Jim Wendler, customized to my needs and my personal goals.

fellow 5/3/1 user here, customized accessory exercise though :)

Good luck!
    @rtravino29

Yeah!! Go big and Go heavy bro!!Today is a rest day, so I just want to post something that I hope will inspire us to strive and meet our goals... check this link out and ask yourself this question, "Am I strong?" What is Strong?Just want to share my new strength goals with everyone out there...
    To be considered strong I aim for the following:

200 lbs bench
    300 lbs squat
    400 lbs deadlift

Once I reach these numbers, I shall consider myself to be a truly strong!!