NSAIDs/Anti-inflamatory and etc effect on Muscle growth

matagal tagal na akong nag reresearch tunkol dito but wala akong makita concrete answer. halo halo ung sagot ng ibang tao from different sources. pati sa articles iba iba ang sinasabi. kasi i dont know kung its just me or may iba din na ito ang dilema kapag may minor injury sila.

Example scenario: mali ka ng gising/tulog so ang problem? Lower back pain. (na usually muscle spasm and or any alike injuries na nothing serious) usually it last like 3 days to 1 week. quick fix? NSAIDS/anti-inflamatory and etc.

the dilemma: syempre gusto natin ng muscle hypertophy, so hindi ba ito nakakahinder sa muscle growth? i not talking about MAINTENACE intake. but like just till the pain goes away. 1-3 days?

chaka alam nyo ung kasabihan ng old school pinoy na:
wag kang mag alaxan(or kung ano man) pag nag bubuhat ka, sayang ung binubuhat mo

e paano kung may pain ka tlga na nararamdaman bukod sa DOMS diba?

Thoughts mga idol?? :)

Comments

• nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    Not an expert but I'm just going to share my experience

Dati, sumasakit ang knee joints. Nawala ang knee pain nung nag-take ako ng Omega-3 supplement at madalas akong kumakain ng inihaw na boneless bangus. Though, inayos ko rin kasi ang diet ko 2 to 3 months ago, araw-araw na rin ako kumakain ng gulay at prutas

Nabasa ko lang sa Google, yung balance between Omega-3 and Omega-6. Pag masyado mataas ang Omega-6 sa katawan mo, isa yan sa cause ng inflammation and other diseases

Karamihan ng sakit ay dahil din sa mga kinakain natin
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    Agree sir @nrg500 really helps tlga pag you have balance of 6 & 3 good for the joints and etc. pero sir, any experience on nsaids & anti inflamatory drugs like alaxan, celecoxib (not sure with the spelling haha), arcoxia (not sure as well haha) for quick fix? un ung bumabagabag sakin hangang ngaun eh. lalo na pag mga mga biglaang muscle spasm na na hindi planado (haha wtf)
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    Ghee wrote:
    Agree sir @nrg500 really helps tlga pag you have balance of 6 & 3 good for the joints and etc. pero sir, any experience on nsaids & anti inflamatory drugs like alaxan, celecoxib (not sure with the spelling haha), arcoxia (not sure as well haha) for quick fix? un ung bumabagabag sakin hangang ngaun eh. lalo na pag mga mga biglaang muscle spasm na na hindi planado (haha wtf)

Di ko alam, patingin ka sa doktor.

Ano ba mga ginagawa at kinakain mo lately ?

Ang problema kasi sa quick fix, some tend to abuse it and never address the root cause
    hindi sir, NO doubt na diba quick fix nga po is mga NSAIDs anti inflamatory drugs. (alaxan and alike stuffs) ang gusto ko lang sir malaman ung different opinion sa pag take nito and thought how it affect muscle hypetrophy :) hindi po ung saakin lang. experience and sharing ko lang po iyon :)

"NSAIDs/Anti-inflamatory and etc effect on Muscle growth "
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    I'll try to chime in on this.

Long Answer:
    NSAIDS are anti inflammatory drugs. They are also used as a pain killer. It doesn't resolve the root cause of the pain, but rather, mask it out so that you will fell LESS pain.

Typical scenario, let's say you have back pain. If this back pain is a recurring medical issue or maybe an injury, usually you will take NSAID's to mask the pain away. This is an acceptable use especially if the pain is affecting the quality of your life. BUT, if you use NSAID's to mask away the pain so that you can TRAIN harder, think again. You have a medical condition or injury which could be caused by bad mechanics, deteriorating joints etc., NSAID's can help you lessen the pain and make you feel good to go and train again. In reality, you are just making it worse by masking the pain out, then train hard and punish those body parts again. Rinse and repeat, suffer the consequences.

TL;DR

Short Answer:
    No, it doesn't affect hypertrophy.
    riddler wrote:
    I'll try to chime in on this.

Long Answer:
    NSAIDS are anti inflammatory drugs. They are also used as a pain killer. It doesn't resolve the root cause of the pain, but rather, mask it out so that you will fell LESS pain.

Typical scenario, let's say you have back pain. If this back pain is a recurring medical issue or maybe an injury, usually you will take NSAID's to mask the pain away. This is an acceptable use especially if the pain is affecting the quality of your life. BUT, if you use NSAID's to mask away the pain so that you can TRAIN harder, think again. You have a medical condition or injury which could be caused by bad mechanics, deteriorating joints etc., NSAID's can help you lessen the pain and make you feel good to go and train again. In reality, you are just making it worse by masking the pain out, then train hard and punish those body parts again. Rinse and repeat, suffer the consequences.

TL;DR

Short Answer:
    No, it doesn't affect hypertrophy.

This! same sentiments with you sir @riddler , ung iba kasi ginagawang candy/supplement. so kapag pain na cause ng injury and hindi DOMS goods lang tlga. thanks for your insight! :)