straight-edge-way-of-life

Comments

• Core wrote:
    You could try to gain your weight up to that range goal by January but you wouldn't like it if you're taking it naturally.
    By the way, what I'm asking for is what look do you want to look like? [size=x-small](as far as stated in your goal in the right panel, you're up for aesthetics.)[/size] That '175-180lb goal' range is more like a short-term goal.

Hmm.. good point. Just read some articles regarding lifting for aesthetics. I really want to be big but not as big as the guys doing competitions. And I also want to be strong. I think what I want would be a balance of both.

And yes. That is just a short term goal.
  • @Core, to be honest, I want to learn how to do powerlifting. I just don't know where or how to start.
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Start on a Wendler program...
  • -Monday heavy day-
    Hi-Bar Squat 70 5x1 80 5x1 90 5x1 100 5x1 110 3x1
    BP 100 5x1 110 5x1 120 5x1 130 5x1 140 5x1
    Incline Dumbbell Bench press 35 3x6
    Dips
    Skull crushers 40 3x8
    Triceps push down 60 3x8

@Core, thanks brother. My elbow is really killing me. Will have it check later, hopefully it's not something serious.
    Core wrote:
    Start on a Wendler program...

I'm gonna read it later. Thanks again.
    yup yup!
    https://soundcloud.com/goblinwarhead

kabanuan! haha. Discharge. Venom. Motorhead. Bathory. Metallic punk jams! haha.

Wow.. good job on the band name.
  • -Tuesday-
    20 mins of Abs
    Barbell Seated Calf Raise 25 10x3
    Smith Machine Standing Calf Raise 25 10x3
  • Got my elbow check and the doctor told me it's mild tendinitis.
  • Monday 11/17/2014
    current weight 74 kgs

Squats 70 1x5 80 1x5 90 1x5 100 1x5 110 1x5
    Bench Press 90 1x5 100 1x5 110 1x5 120 1x5 130 1x5
    DB Inclined BP 35 1x8 40 1x8 45 1x8
    Dips bw 3x8-10
    Skull crushers 40 3x8
    triceps pull downs (rope) 80 3x5
  • Monday Diet Target

Calories: 3370 cal
    protein: 379 g
    Carbs: 211 g
    Fats: 112 g

Intake:
    Whey 22 g protein, 140 cal/ serving X 6 = 132 g protein, 3 g fat, 5 g carbs, 840 cal
    Chicken Breast 0.56 kg = 166.5 g protein, 43.6 fat, 45.7 carbs, 1272.90 cal
    Eggs medium 44g X 2 = 11 g protein, 8.8 g fats, 0.6 g carbs, 130 cal
    White Rice 186 g (cup) X 8 = 35.2 g proteins, 3.2 g fats, 425.6 g carbs 1936 cal
    total: 344.7 g proteins, 58.6 fats, 476.9 carbs, 4178.9 cal
  • Wednesday 11/19/2014

Squats 70 1x5 80 1x5 90 1x5 100 1x5 110 1x5
    Military Press 40 1x5 50 1x5 60 1x5 70 1x5 80 1x5
    Side Laterals DB 25 1x8 30 1x8 35 1x8
    Rear DB raise 25 1x8 30 1x8 35 1x5
  • Friday 11/21/2014

Squats 80 1x5 90 1x5 100 1x5 110 1x5 120 1x5
    Dead lifts 120 1x1 130 1x1 140 1x1 150 1x1 160 1x1
    Bent Over Rows 50 1x5 60 1x5 70 1x5 80 1x5 90 1x5
    Lat Pulldown 90 1X8 100 1x8 110 1x8
  • erwinbrionerwinbrion Posts: 171
    Been a year since I started lifting. I was able to completely overhaul my lifestyle. I've seen huge gains even though it's slow. But the most rewarding thing for me is learning about my body. How it reacts to the pressures I apply to it and how nutrition plays a major role in my development. I've been bless that after a year of constant training, I've never been injured to the point that I had to stop.

Right now, my focus is to gain more mass and be more muscular with a slight attention to my legs. After a year of training I've realized that a lot of the people going to the gym (at least in our gym) have an aversion to training their legs. And even though I do squats, I can see that it is not enough to really have an impact.

With that in mind, I've change my WO routine to this:

Monday Chest and Triceps day
    Tuesday Legs and Biceps day
    Wednesday Shoulders day
    Thursday Legs and Triceps day
    Friday Back and Biceps day

The entire WO session would last 1 hr and 45 mins and would comprised of compound exercises taken from 5X5 and the rest are accessories.

Please fell free to give your advise and expertise. Thanks.
    Leg Day

Squats 140 lbs
    Leg press 180 lbs
    Lying leg curl 80 lbs
    Standing calf raises 200 lbs
    Calf Press 130 lbs
    It was a very unproductive and tiring weekend. After my Friday Back WO the owner of the gym invited me and a couple of guys to go out drinking. Since this would be a first time for me to go out with them, I said yes. So we started drinking around 8pm ended up going home 4am the following day. Woke up with a screaming headache which messed up my eating the entire weekend.

I lost three pounds.

Chest Day

The gym was really full today and I was not able to do my regular WO routine. So I change it up a bit:

Inclined Bench Press 160 lbs
    Inclined Dumbbell Press 50 lbs (12 reps to failure)
    Weighted Dips 30 lbs
    Closed Grip Bench Press 90 lbs
    Triceps Extensions
    Was not able to login for a couple of weeks due to health issues. The good thing is I did not missed any WO day.

I've been seeing continuous gains in weight and actual strength. My problem now is that it seems that I've been getting high BP's. So I'm gonna revamped my diet plan and make sure to lessen my salt and carb.

Current body weight: 157 lbs

Legs day

Squats 5x100 lbs, 5x120 lbs, 5x140 lbs, 5x 160 lbs
    Leg Press 220 lbs
    Leg Extension 120 lbs
    Standing Barbell Calf Raise 140 lbs
    Leg Press Calf Raise 160 lbs
    Got a nasty case of the runs prior to my WO. But was able to push through.

Current body weight: 156 lbs

Shoulder day

Military Press 100 lbs
    Upright Row 60 lbs
    Shrugs 120 lbs
    Front Dumbbell Raise 25 lbs
    Lateral Raise 30 lbs
    Reverse Machine Fly 60 lbs
    Legs Day

Squat 140 lbs
    Front Squat 90 lbs
    Leg Press 170 lbs
    Lying leg curl 70 lbs
    Standing Calf Raise 160 lbs
    Leg Press Calf Raise 130 lbs
    Body Weight: 157 lbs

Back Day

Dead lift 210 lbs
    Pull over Body weight
    Lat pull down 135 lbs
    **Finished with Biceps WO
    Today is the start of my new program. One of the biggest guys in the gym took notice of me (no-homo) and decided to take me under his wing. The new program will focus on a single body part per day and according to him it would be MASSIVE!!!

Body Weight: 155 lbs

Massive Chest Day

Pyramid Bench Press
    Inclined Bench Press
    Declined Bench Press
    Inclined Dumbbell Press
    Inclined Dumbbell Flyes
    Straight Arm Pullover
  • Massive Back Day

Lat pull down
    Behind the neck Wide grip Lat Pull Down
    Close grip lat pull down
    Close grip seated row
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    nice nag upload ng pics. tatted kadin papi @erwinbrion masakit ba sa chest area? planning to get couple there...
  • BANE wrote:
    nice nag upload ng pics. tatted kadin papi @erwinbrion masakit ba sa chest area? planning to get couple there...

thanks brother.. one year ago na yung mga pics na yan, just found out yesterday kung paano upload dito. regarding sa tattoo, yes masakit kasi manipis yung balat sa chest area. if sure ka na about sa tattoo make sure na matagal mo na kilala yung artist and alam nya yung pain threshhold mo. Para mabilis din matapos. i got mine from my brother, kaya kabisado na namin yung isa't isa.
  • Shoulder Day

Military press
    Behind the neck Shoulder Press (smith machine)
    Overhead Dumbbell Press
    Arnold Press
    Seated side lateral raise
    Upright Row (EZ bar)

BANE got me interested in posting a new pic.

W7jWpChl.jpg
    erwinbrion wrote:
    BANE wrote:

thanks brother.. one year ago na yung mga pics na yan, just found out yesterday kung paano upload dito. regarding sa tattoo, yes masakit kasi manipis yung balat sa chest area. if sure ka na about sa tattoo make sure na matagal mo na kilala yung artist and alam nya yung pain threshhold mo. Para mabilis din matapos. i got mine from my brother, kaya kabisado na namin yung isa't isa.

un nga thats what they say sa chest. meron ako semi back piece (may tira space sa lower back ko). yup may artist din ako hehe. btw,1 year diff yan pic mo sa right side and new upload? nag increase ka weight sa lifts and/or intake ng food?
  • BANE wrote:
    erwinbrion wrote:
    BANE wrote:

un nga thats what they say sa chest. meron ako semi back piece (may tira space sa lower back ko). yup may artist din ako hehe. btw,1 year diff yan pic mo sa right side and new upload? nag increase ka weight sa lifts and/or intake ng food?
    nice bro.. sarap din mag patattoo talaga nakaka miss..
  • BANE wrote:
    erwinbrion wrote:
    BANE wrote:

yung old pics I think nasa 170 lbs ako.. tapos nag cut ako down to 145 lbs.. kaso hindi ako nag monitor ng diet ko so I ended up losing most na na-gain ko. Ayos din, learning experience.
  • BANE wrote:
    erwinbrion wrote:
    BANE wrote:

Haha na cut yung post ko.. about sa lift, medyo hirap ako magdagdag while cutting kasi walang power. Pero nareach ko pa din naman yung max ceiling ng lifts ko. Ubusan lang talaga kapag kulang sa power. Sabi nga ng mga old school sa Gym eh sayang daw at nagmadali ako mag cut.
  • Triceps -Biceps Day

Close Grip Bench Press
    Weighted Dips
    Skull Crushers
    Standing cable triceps pushdown
    Standing Barbell Curl
    Preacher Curl
    Dumbbell Curls
    Concentration curls
    nag cucut ka pa nyan bro @erwinbrion ?? IMO, put on some mass na. baka walang matira sayonyan or ganyan na yang katawan mo sa tagal tagal. idea kasi ng cutting is cutting fat and retaining as much muscle. cutting and bulking yan, hindi cutting lang. misconception ng iba pag nag "papapayat" e "cutting" nadin. kaso wala kang icucut na fat kung wala ka din muscle na ireretain.
  • BANE wrote:
    nag cucut ka pa nyan bro @erwinbrion ?? IMO, put on some mass na. baka walang matira sayonyan or ganyan na yang katawan mo sa tagal tagal. idea kasi ng cutting is cutting fat and retaining as much muscle. cutting and bulking yan, hindi cutting lang. misconception ng iba pag nag "papapayat" e "cutting" nadin. kaso wala kang icucut na fat kung wala ka din muscle na ireretain.

i know bro.. that was a mistake na hindi na mauulit.. pero right now I'm on my bulking phase na, from 145lbs to 155lbs now.. medyo nag vary din from day to day pero I work on keeping my gains at 1lb per week. medyo hard gainer din ako tapos may belly fat pa kaya i try my best na hindi ma demotivate kapag nakikita ko yung tiyan ko.
  • Leg Day

Squats
    Leg press
    Leg Extension
    Standing calf raise
    Leg Press calf rasie