Trigger Finger

Hi Guys,

Have you guys experienced this ailment? This is when a finger or fingers lock in the morning, there is a snapping/clicking sensation when you open and close your hands. Doctor said he will either inject me with a "Corticosteroids" or surgery to fix the problem.

Would you guys know another way to fix this problem? i.e. medicine, therapy, etc. thanks!

Comments

• Sakin nangyayari nag lolock minsan yung pinky finger ko in place pag sobrang pagod na yung buong katawan ko ( sleep deprived for 2 days, pagod na pagod etc.) Pero hindi ko naman inisip na malubha siya. Good luck with your problem sir.
  • bakit nasa diet & nutrition boss? akala ko tuloy kung ano yang Trigger Finger na diet !
    napansin ko lng kasi mali ata ung category nung topic, ma-move na lang siguro to :)

-naranasan ko na rin ata to kaso sa paa. minsan nagllock sya nakakatakot haha. kaya hinihila tapos parang inaalog ko baka kung ano lang kasi. so far ngaun, wala na sya.
  • ^hindi ko nakita yun current thread kaya nai-post ko sa diet and nutrition. hirap mag back exercise since kelangan ng stronger grip.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    straps problem solved
  • ^that's what im thinking off. i just got one today. thanks, yatez.
  • gutz_3110 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Have you guys experienced this ailment? This is when a finger or fingers lock in the morning, there is a snapping/clicking sensation when you open and close your hands. Doctor said he will either inject me with a "Corticosteroids" or surgery to fix the problem.

Would you guys know another way to fix this problem? i.e. medicine, therapy, etc. thanks!

Trigger finger or stenosing tenosynovitis have numerous ways to be remedied; from conservative (Physical Therapy, NSAIDs or Meds) to aggressive (steroid injections and surgery). If your case is acute maybe you would like to explore the conservative spectrum. Though there are many materials supporting steroid injections. This remedy cannot be done repeatedly because chronic use can cause soft tissues to be brittle. Surgery is reserved for non-healing conditions after at least 6 months of therapy or medications.
    Sakin nangyayari nag lolock minsan yung pinky finger ko in place pag sobrang pagod na yung buong katawan ko ( sleep deprived for 2 days, pagod na pagod etc.) Pero hindi ko naman inisip na malubha siya. Good luck with your problem sir.

From how you described your symptom; I think that what you experienced was spasms/tetanic contractions. Strength of grip relies heavily on the 4th-5th digit. When it occurs when you are tired (ex. Gripping activities like in weight lifting), you may benefit if you do stretching and strengthening of your gripping muscles.
  • jiggahman,

thanks for the reply. i've tried all possible remedies including splinting. i've finally decided to have it injected with steroidal substance, i guess it did the trick. locking stopped but there's slight clicking sensation in the morning.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    ung pag lock ba sa umaga masakit or bothering lang?
  • LupinLupin Posts: 20
    Sir it will be relieved by steroid meds or surgery lalo n pag mtagal and nkakasagabal n sa activities mo..it will be a 15-30mins surgery with local anesthesia and done as outpatient..ive assisted it so many times :^^