Lifting Belts 101

13»

Comments

• mikol22mikol22 Posts: 497
    fatmonkey wrote:
    It's not leather

2uqyzb6.jpg

ganito ung belt ko, mukang ok naman..ilang months pa lang sakin pero malaking tulong sa squat, deadlifts at bench...

kung may budget ka, invest ka ng leather pero if d pa naman ganun kabigat ung binubuhat mo, pede na to, mura lang eh :)
  • Good suggestion to mga paps! Need to buy this also as per advise ng friend ko to protect my spine since may history ako na nagpapalign sa bandang thoracic, For safety na din since I do dealifts but not lagi kasi wala pa ako belt. twice ko plang ginagawa pero gaanan pa lang. better safe than sorry. :-)
  • Core wrote:
    'Been to SM Baguio City last Thursday [size=x-small](January 22, 2015)[/size] and Saturday [size=x-small](January 24, 2015)[/size]. Bull's velcro lifting belts available at Chris Sports; L sizes in yellow, red, and black. Core Fitness leather belt and powerlifting belts available at Toby's Sports; in S and XL sizes respectively. XL sizes in black.

sir may picture ka ba nung core fitness leather belt? i want to know if maganda siya gamitin. and since nakita mona siya maybe you can tell me if you would suggest it ?
  • Mga sir may inzer ba dito sa philippines?
  • Anyone know where I can buy a decent lifting belt na hindi velcro locally? Nabigay sa bottom ng squat yung velcro ko gagi sobrang sablay i had to dump 360 kahit kaya naman dapat yun
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Core wrote:
    'Been to SM Baguio City last Thursday [size=x-small](January 22, 2015)[/size] and Saturday [size=x-small](January 24, 2015)[/size]. Bull's velcro lifting belts available at Chris Sports; L sizes in yellow, red, and black. Core Fitness leather belt and powerlifting belts available at Toby's Sports; in S and XL sizes respectively. XL sizes in black.

"sir may picture ka ba nung core fitness leather belt? ..."

I do have a picture, can not remember kung saan ko na yun na-upload dito.
    "maybe you can tell me if you would suggest it ?"

I rather recommend using the leather belt for long-term investment and if you're into resistance training seriously. (i.e. training for competition, military, etc.) IMO, velcros are not as secured when in comparison to buckles or locks in those of the leather ones. Velcros do get unfastened during repetitions of exercises that requires one to move from standing to seating position. (Compound exercises like squats and deadlifts.) Velcros has its place, but I won't buy it.
    gb0507 wrote:
    Mga sir may inzer ba dito sa philippines?

I remember seeing a seller several months ago. Check olx (local).

"Anyone know where I can buy a decent lifting belt na hindi velcro locally? ..."

Check Chris Sports and Toby's sports outlets. If out of stock, ask the management, when will they be having a new shipment of stocks. New shipments of belts usually arrived to the inventories in a couple of months of two.